x

Share | 

MFL Downtime

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: MFL Downtime   Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:33 pm

MFL wrote:
The MyFantasyLeague.com web site is in the process of finalizing a major database upgrade. As part of this process, your fantasy football leagues will not be accessible starting on Monday morning, April 18th. The upgrade will require about 2 or 3 days, so we plan to have everything back up and running by Thursday, April 21st. Thanks in advance for your patience during this scheduled downtime. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause to you and your league-mates.

Please be sure to take the following action for your league if needed:

If your league is currently conducting an email draft with a timer, then be sure to turn the timer OFF for your league draft by Sunday night at the latest. Then when the site comes back online, you can continue your draft and turn the timer back on, but only after one pick has been made.
   If your league is currently conducting an email auction, we recommend that you end all player auctions by Sunday night. Then when the site comes back on-line, you can start putting more players up for auction at that time.

These steps are required because your draft timer and auction timers will not run while the system is down, but as soon as your league comes back on-line, these timers will automatically resume as if they were left on as of Monday morning - which could cause problems with draft picks timing out and auctions ending immediately.

Good news Roster Wars fans...we don't need our MFL site to keep rockin' like most leagues so while there will be a delay on official updates (meaning I'll have a log jam to clear after MFL comes back online) we can just keep doing our thing.  I suppose I will have to have a thread to keep track of official team balances for bidding purposes but that's simple enough.

Last edited by Minnesota Eternals on Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime   Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:34 pm

Thought about our conversation about moving RFA to MFL when I got that email this morning. Good thing we do it like we do it!!!   high five Neutral

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime   Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:36 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
MFL wrote:
The MyFantasyLeague.com web site is in the process of finalizing a major database upgrade. As part of this process, your fantasy football leagues will not be accessible starting on Monday morning, April 18th. The upgrade will require about 2 or 3 days, so we plan to have everything back up and running by Thursday, April 21st. Thanks in advance for your patience during this scheduled downtime. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause to you and your league-mates.

If your league is currently conducting an email draft with a timer, then be sure to turn the timer OFF for your league draft by Sunday night at the latest. Then when the site comes back online, you can continue your draft and turn the timer back on, but only after one pick has been made.
   If your league is currently conducting an email auction, we recommend that you end all player auctions by Sunday night. Then when the site comes back on-line, you can start putting more players up for auction at that time.

These steps are required because your draft timer and auction timers will not run while the system is down, but as soon as your league comes back on-line, these timers will automatically resume as if they were left on as of Monday morning - which could cause problems with draft picks timing out and auctions ending immediately.

Good news Roster Wars fans...we don't need our MFL site to keep rockin' like most leagues so while there will be a delay on official updates (meaning I'll have a log jam to clear after MFL comes back online) we can just keep doing our thing.  I suppose I will have to have a thread to keep track of official team balances for bidding purposes but that's simple enough.

That sounds like something owners should be responsible for. shrug

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime   Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:37 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
MFL wrote:

That sounds like something owners should be responsible for.  shrug

Right but we also need to be able to execute anyone in violation so it makes more sense for us to do the math otherwise some joker like Sty will tell you he has 3,000WB. laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime   Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:53 pm

MFL wrote:

That sounds like something owners should be responsible for.  shrug

Right but we also need to be able to execute anyone in violation so it makes more sense for us to do the math otherwise some joker like Sty will tell you he has 3,000WB.  laughing

That's why you don't tell them you're watching! Catch 'em off guard.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime   Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:56 pm

I think I have 4,000 WBs.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime   Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:14 am

So my plan is tonight after work to update whatever auctions have ended and to create a master thread to track WB balances and ending auctions while MFL is down. Should be easy enough...means owners just have to be responsible enough to look at it and not do anything dumb. vote yes

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime   Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:08 am

So my plan is tonight after work to update whatever auctions have ended and to create a master thread to track WB balances and ending auctions while MFL is down.  Should be easy enough...means owners just have to be responsible enough to look at it and not do anything dumb. vote yes

Sounds good, Sir. cheers

Might want to e-mail this directly to Russ... mock

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime   Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:56 am

So my plan is tonight after work to update whatever auctions have ended and to create a master thread to track WB balances and ending auctions while MFL is down.  Should be easy enough...means owners just have to be responsible enough to look at it and not do anything dumb. vote yes
Ill write my WB balance down. I don't want to forget it.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime   Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:29 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Ill write my WB balance down. I don't want to forget it.

Can you write mine down too? I'm terrible with numbers... lol

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime   Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:38 pm

And it's down again! Argh. Didn't MFL promise that the April and May downtime would avoid any issues now? Gotta take another look at Fantrax.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime   Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:39 pm

What a fucking joke.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime   Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:43 pm

MyFantasyLeague.com
‏@MyFantasyLeague
Looking into issue that crashed site at end of first Monday night game. Will be back ASAP. Apologies and thanks for patience.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime   Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:44 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:

MyFantasyLeague.com
‏@MyFantasyLeague
Looking into issue that crashed site at end of first Monday night game. Will be back ASAP. Apologies and thanks for patience.

I've seen similar messages before. Hoping for the best.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime   Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:46 pm

What a fucking joke.

yes

Quote :
This site can’t be reached:

503 Service Unavailable
Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your
request due to maintenance downtime or capacity
problems. Please try again later.

rage

Last edited by Oaktown Malosos on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime   Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:46 pm

Could be worse. ESPN crashed for 4+ hours 15 minutes after kickoff yesterday. Nobody could make any lineup changes for the afternoon games.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime   Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:05 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Could be worse. ESPN crashed for 4+ hours 15 minutes after kickoff yesterday. Nobody could make any lineup changes for the afternoon games.

I hope people on ESPN got their money back.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime   Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:10 am

You get what you pay for! Absolutely nothing.  

I will say, it's great for family redraft leagues.  Idiots can figure it out, even if being a commissioner in one is frustratingly confusing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime   

Back to top Go down

MFL Downtime
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: