HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Brian Urlacher LB RET

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:00 am

bears (RotoWire) Speaking at luncheon Tuesday, Urlacher (knee) remained vague on his full recovery date from his injured MCL and PCL but did say that the injured knee "feels good", ESPNChicago.com reports.
Analysis: Urlacher said, "I've had so much time in the offseason to get it right. I still have four months [until training camp]. I'm definitely not in a big hurry. I've done everything to this point I've been asked to do. I'm sure when the time's right, I'll be ready to play. I have six months before the season starts to get ready. I'll be good to go when the time is right." Though the veteran linebacker seems optimistic, his word words were not exactly encouraging regarding a quick return this offseason, increasing the likelihood that the damage done to his left MCL and PCL in the 2011 season finale is worse than initially reported.

Is it time to go?
Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:22 am

done and done. If Kuechly falls to the Bears at 18, it would not shock me to see them take him.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Brian Urlacher LB CHI   Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:59 am

Quote :
Bears MLB Brian Urlacher underwent arthroscopic on his troublesome left knee Tuesday, but is still targeting a Week 1 return.

He's already back at Bears camp. Urlacher has barely practiced this summer, but isn't a candidate to begin the year on the reserve/PUP list because he didn't begin camp on the active/PUP. Being ready for Week 1 seems extremely optimistic, but Urlacher is no stranger to playing through pain. A clearer timetable for his return should emerge in the coming days. Nick Roach has been running as the starting middle linebacker in Urlacher's absence.

This seemed to come out of nowhere

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:30 am

Quote :
Injured Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher told WFLD-Chicago, "I'm playing Sunday. Done deal." Analysis: Urlacher has been dealing with knee troubles all preseason and recently admitted that his knee is unlikely to ever be the same, but none of that will stop him from competing in Chicago's Week 1 match-up versus the Colts.

Hopefully he can still play at a high level even with the bum knee.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:06 pm

Quote :
Urlacher (knee) practiced fully Friday and is probable for Sunday's game against Indianapolis, ChicagoBears.com reports. Analysis: His effectiveness may be limited by the knee, but Urlacher will play through the pain Sunday.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:19 pm

I knew he would play

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Quote :
Chicago Bears LB Brian Urlacher (hamstring) has been diagnosed with a grade two hamstring strain that will keep him out of the next three games and possibly the rest of the regular season. Urlacher hopes to be fully recovered in time for the start of the postseason. Analysis: The 34-year-old Urlacher has played with aches, pains and strains all season and has yet to miss a game, but it'll now be up to his teammates to close out the regular season and (hopefully) secure a playoff spot.

Has he been productive this season? Haven't noticed.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:01 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Chicago Bears LB Brian Urlacher (hamstring) has been diagnosed with a grade two hamstring strain that will keep him out of the next three games and possibly the rest of the regular season. Urlacher hopes to be fully recovered in time for the start of the postseason. Analysis: The 34-year-old Urlacher has played with aches, pains and strains all season and has yet to miss a game, but it'll now be up to his teammates to close out the regular season and (hopefully) secure a playoff spot.

Has he been productive this season? Haven't noticed.

Yes. He started off really slow but picked it up to make some solid performances. He pissed me off at least one time a game though. There are times where this dude just flat out can't tackle.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:13 pm

Quote :
vaughn mcclure ‏@vxmcclure23 12m

Just got off the phone with Brian Urlacher.Said Bears gave him a take it or leave it offer of one-year, $2 million.
Retweeted by Adam Caplan

Guessing he won't be back.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Wed May 22, 2013 10:43 am

Quote :
Free agent MLB Brian Urlacher has retired from the NFL after 13 seasons.

Analysis: Urlacher, 35 in three days, spent his entire career with the Bears. "Although I could continue playing, I'm not sure I would bring a level of performance or passion that's up to my standards," Urlacher wrote in a statement. "When considering this, along with the fact that I could retire after a 13-year career wearing only one jersey for such a storied franchise, my decision became pretty clear." It's hard to see Urlacher forced out of the game like this, but no team was willing to sign him after his skills declined sharply last season. An injury to a middle linebacker around the league could give Urlacher an opportunity, and he could change his mind. But at this moment, he finishes his career with 1,229 tackles, 41.5 sacks, 22 interceptions, 12 forced fumbles, and eight Pro Bowl selections. He's a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame.

Didn't see that coming.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Wed May 22, 2013 10:43 am

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Wed May 22, 2013 11:48 am

The cherry on top of what was a pretty poor RFA period in many ways.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Wed May 22, 2013 12:47 pm

I know he is probably disappointed not getting on with another team but I like when guys spend their whole career with one team the way he did. clap

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Wed May 22, 2013 12:57 pm

I like that too, but I bet he's one MLB getting a bum knee away from realizing he say has the "passion" for it... ;)

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Wed May 22, 2013 1:01 pm

I agree with Andy but keep in mind Urlacher was pretty much forced to retire. No one wanted him. He didn't even make 1 FA visit, not because he didn't want to, but because no one invited him.

Let's also not forget that Urlacher hated the fans and by midseason last year, the fans pretty much had enough of Urlacher. Over the offseason, the fans didn't want to sign him at all because of all the comments he made about them.

Also, before we give too many props to Urlacher, he turned down the Bears' 1 yr, $2 million dollar offer before FA began because he wanted a 1yr/$3.5 million deal which the Bears rejected. After not signing, Urlacher said that he wouldn't play for $2 million for the Bears, but would somewhere else. His exact quote was: “It was either sign or we don’t want you. . . . Which is a lot of money, don’t get me wrong, but for me to go through a season, put my body through what it goes through during a season at my age, I’m not going to play for that, you know, not for the Bears at least.”

Bye bye Brian.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Wed May 22, 2013 4:07 pm

Dumbass... Turned out that 2m/1yr deal the Bears "low-balled" him with, was truly a gift for being such a proud part of the organization.. No other team even sniffed signing him. Dumbass jock.

Sad to see his career end like this, but he brought a lot of Chicago hate on himself by being a pud.

Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Wed May 22, 2013 5:14 pm

Yeah, he was a beast; the final chapter is unfortunate.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Sun May 26, 2013 12:49 am

I don't see him as a first ballot HOFer. Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Sun May 26, 2013 6:38 am

Nope, not first ballot and sadly, may never get there.

Loved the guy, I'm with Andy, love to see a guy finish with one team, it's so rare now.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Sun May 26, 2013 8:37 am

I think he's definitely a HOF. I think the first ballot might be difficult because he'd be going in with Ray Lewis. Seems the Hall is loathe to put in multiples of the same position in the same class.

I was listnening to his interview on the Rich Eisen podcast this week and Eisen thinks he's a no-brainer first ballot HOF. He was rattling off some stats about picks and sacks and how Urlacher is one of only 4 at his posiiton with whatever the numbers were. Plus the redefining of the MLB position will be looked at very favorably by the voters.

Last edited by Sanibel Gadabouts on Sun May 26, 2013 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Sun May 26, 2013 8:55 am

I think he's a HOFer. Maybe not first ballot though.

Last edited by Adelaide Empire on Sun May 26, 2013 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Sun May 26, 2013 8:56 am

The Empire are happy to have two future HOF LB's retire with Empire jersies this off-season.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Sun May 26, 2013 10:37 am

I see him as a HOF, not sure he will be first ballot though.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   Sun May 26, 2013 6:21 pm

Urlacher is a lock for being inducted on the first try.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher LB RET   

Back to top Go down

Brian Urlacher LB RET
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: