Share | 

My intent in 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: My intent in 2017   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:07 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
One thing that you'll want to include in the new rule... you cannot start a bid for ANY of the players that you have "rights" to (strange verbiage). Only makes sense that this covers all of the players, and not just the tagged ones.

Thought I covered it...

One cannot bid on their own players...tagged or otherwise....you have the right to MATCH only (except on CT players). This includes starting an auction on a player you hold rights to.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: My intent in 2017   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:08 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
New England Nineties wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Shawn, really?

You yourself said others got houses for 120-170....if you need to spend 251 then that's your fault for missing the boat or aiming at the best house on the street.

I did no such thing. The house I went for was appraised for the least amount. It just happened to be the last one on the block for sale. A house that was for sale, a house that I wanted to buy, and a house that I wasn't allowed to try to buy until someone else tried to buy it first.

This is how I play this game. I have a budget. I would like to utilize my budget. So yes, I am for real.

Well 11 other people didn't feel the house was worth going after until it was the last one on the block and you apparently already had your dream house because you didn't use your SFT on this Barbie Dream house that according to you is now gonna cost 251k....you had options and still do...hell you can trade your other houses to quickly get the cash to get this house if you really want to.

None of which applies to utilizing a budget.

Of course it does. You saved for something that was outside of your budget. That's kinda the point of a market.

I used a budget of 200k for a 120k house. That doesnt qualify for saving for something outside my budget. That shouldn't be my fault. It would have went for 120k if I were allowed to buy it at the beginning, but I wasn't allowed to purchase it.

This is where the house analogy falls down. In RFA, your players hit the open market for everyone to bid on. You have no control over how much they will bid, regardless of what you "budget." Some people have 180 WB's. Some people have 400 WB's. That goes into your WB strategy.

Fortunately for the owners, you have some options to protect players, tags that will push down their market value. But you should still be, IMO, at the mercy of the market in terms of determining how much that player, tagged or not, is worth. So in that sense, your "budget" isn't really relevant, because it's not up to you. You're not even really a buyer, which again, is why the whole just come along and buy a house analogy fails.

It's just a league mechanism. When players expire, they expire, and you effectively lose them. Except for the tags. But it's still up to the other 11 owners what price you have to pay, and that's how it should be IMO.

Not so at all. If I'm allowed to bid as I see fit, without restrictions, then I can put my 200k up for the house I want right from the start. Either I get the house or I don't. If I dont, then I have 200k that I can buy one of the other 11 houses with.

Right but you could have bid on the other 11 houses in my scenario too...you just chose not to and essentially put all your eggs n one basket waiting for the ONE HOUSE.  You're also speaking as if you deserve a house...that sort of guarantee shouldn't exist...if it did then why not just kick back and relax, the government will ensure you get a house. laughing

No sir, I could not bid on a single one of those houses, because I had my money wrapped up in the one that I'm not allowed to try to purchase.

No. You had a deposit held and again that was a decision you made...didn't have to..and 11 others had the same decision.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: My intent in 2017   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:11 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Shawn, really?

You yourself said others got houses for 120-170....if you need to spend 251 then that's your fault for missing the boat or aiming at the best house on the street.

I did no such thing. The house I went for was appraised for the least amount. It just happened to be the last one on the block for sale. A house that was for sale, a house that I wanted to buy, and a house that I wasn't allowed to try to buy until someone else tried to buy it first.

This is how I play this game. I have a budget. I would like to utilize my budget. So yes, I am for real.

Well 11 other people didn't feel the house was worth going after until it was the last one on the block and you apparently already had your dream house because you didn't use your SFT on this Barbie Dream house that according to you is now gonna cost 251k....you had options and still do...hell you can trade your other houses to quickly get the cash to get this house if you really want to.

Of course it does. You saved for something that was outside of your budget. That's kinda the point of a market.

I used a budget of 200k for a 120k house. That doesnt qualify for saving for something outside my budget. That shouldn't be my fault. It would have went for 120k if I were allowed to buy it at the beginning, but I wasn't allowed to purchase it.

This is where the house analogy falls down. In RFA, your players hit the open market for everyone to bid on. You have no control over how much they will bid, regardless of what you "budget." Some people have 180 WB's. Some people have 400 WB's. That goes into your WB strategy.

Fortunately for the owners, you have some options to protect players, tags that will push down their market value. But you should still be, IMO, at the mercy of the market in terms of determining how much that player, tagged or not, is worth. So in that sense, your "budget" isn't really relevant, because it's not up to you. You're not even really a buyer, which again, is why the whole just come along and buy a house analogy fails.

It's just a league mechanism. When players expire, they expire, and you effectively lose them. Except for the tags. But it's still up to the other 11 owners what price you have to pay, and that's how it should be IMO.

Not so at all. If I'm allowed to bid as I see fit, without restrictions, then I can put my 200k up for the house I want right from the start. Either I get the house or I don't. If I dont, then I have 200k that I can buy one of the other 11 houses with.

Right but you could have bid on the other 11 houses in my scenario too...you just chose not to and essentially put all your eggs n one basket waiting for the ONE HOUSE.  You're also speaking as if you deserve a house...that sort of guarantee shouldn't exist...if it did then why not just kick back and relax, the government will ensure you get a house. laughing

No sir, I could not bid on a single one of those houses, because I had my money wrapped up in the one that I'm not allowed to try to purchase.

No.  You had a deposit held and again that was a decision you made...didn't have to..and 11 others had the same decision.

Which brings us right back to you expecting me to budget to have the most money out of everyone.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: My intent in 2017   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:19 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Shawn, really?

You don't just "magically have your money wrapped up" into the house. You chose to put your money down for that house in an effort to lower it's market price. If you don't think it's a good idea to do that at the expense of having that money locked away in the interim, then don't do it (next year).

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: My intent in 2017   Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:29 am

Are we going to have mortgages in this scenario?

Just kidding. I'm fucking glad I'm not at work this morning - I'd have been going in late!

laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My intent in 2017   

Back to top Go down

My intent in 2017
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: