:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:35 pm

you could tell the hookers to chase the 3 eyelid camels while riding the unicycles while drinking Snapple in your apartment (topless)

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:37 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
you could tell the hookers to chase the 3 eyelid camels while riding the unicycles while drinking Snapple in your apartment (topless)

Eric, that is just ridiculous, and has nothing to do with this conversation. A little confusing too.   laughing

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:02 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Kane County Goon Squad wrote:

Eric, that is just ridiculous, and has nothing to do with this conversation. A little confusing too.   laughing

yeah but its a funny thought if you picture it in your head

LaughingLaughingLaughing

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:08 pm

Did we go off topic? Or is this on topic?

scratch

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:28 pm

Were we ever on topic?

tongue

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:30 pm

We appear to be on a lot of topics

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:10 pm

Did someone say Tropics? I'll be going to Punta Cana in less than 2 weeks. What's the movie with the Flint Tropics?

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:13 pm

Wait, what?  How did I miss this?  Where was the announcement?  I love the new Defensive Coordinator Dan.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:29 pm

Oh I made an announcement or Shady would have shanked me. Check out my franchise page

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:46 pm

BTW, Carla what exactly is an "Africian"
as in
Quote :
Josh McCown l QB l Africians

Some kind of natural beautician perhaps...

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:32 pm

Is anyone else watching the excitement that is the Rishard Matthews auction?  What a battle!

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:35 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Is anyone else watching the excitement that is the Rishard Matthews auction?  What a battle!

Game. Set. Match.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:36 am

Finally got through this monstrosity.
1) TT could have stalled out at the start I guess but in reality it was just slow moving. I was away so I didn't have time to start auctions until later but it doesn't seem to really have changed anything.
2) In theory I like the proxy bidding idea but I'm not sure how high I would bid anyway because it limits you to how many simultaneous players you can be bidding on. e.g. if I put a max of 50 on a player most proxy bid systems will prevent you from using all 50 on a different player even if the current bid is only 15. I wrote a system for my previous league that would try to allow you to use the difference but I'm pretty sure MFL doesn't have that.
3) Increasing bids by $1. I don't want to overpay so this is the way I find out what someone else's max is. Sure waiting 23 hours to bid is annoying but it doesn't seem to me like owners are doing that just to do that.
4) We're 10 days into RFA and most interesting players are up for auction or already concluded. I think this pace is reasonable. We have another 30+ days before the next item on the calendar so I don't see any reason to force things to move faster.
5) Camels, Snapple, Unicycles: WTF?#!%#?!#@

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:52 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Did someone say Tropics? I'll be going to Punta Cana in less than 2 weeks. What's the movie with the Flint Tropics?

Where you going in Punta Cana? We just stayed at the Royal Bahia Principe. Great place.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:13 pm

Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

Where you going in Punta Cana? We just stayed at the Royal Bahia Principe. Great place.
Dude that's exactly where I'm going, no joke

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:37 pm

Dang, 11 of the 13 active RFA threads in DD are from 2 owners. Yep, WB totals are down there. Coming to an end soon I imagine.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:01 pm

14 total auctions going on, and there will be less tonight. Honest question, when does RFA get called?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:02 pm

Never mind, I'm an idiot.

Quote :
At any point during stage 3 if the number of active auctions is down to 5 or less (per conference), the RWP or RWVP may declare a one week deadline to start any more auctions. Auctions may go beyond this deadline but no new auctions will be allowed past this deadline

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:02 am

That Sheard auction is painful. Andy, antee up and quit being a pussy or let Brad retain him. laughing

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:36 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
That Sheard auction is painful. Andy, antee up and quit being a pussy or let Brad retain him. laughing

Lol.

I think if I'm doing my calculations correctly, that I have 2 WBs more than our fearless leader.. So, I'll be

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:21 pm

I knew Sheard was going to go for a decent amount when I put him up, but I had no idea Andy would drag this out this long with those $1 bids loser

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:57 pm

Andy has TT in his veins. And Justin is by far the biggest culprit when it comes to the $1 bid.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:18 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Andy has TT in his veins. And Justin is by far the biggest culprit when it comes to the $1 bid.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:25 pm

I don't really know what that means, but haha? laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:28 pm

That I'm a fucking jew and don't give a shit Laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:32 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
That I'm a fucking jew and don't give a shit Laughing

I get it now. Good work.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:55 am

I am not sure if I am reading correctly, but is Trent Richardson up for bid in DD, and does TRENT RICHARDSON have multiple offers? Is there another player named Trent Richardson?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:04 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I am not sure if I am reading correctly, but is Trent Richardson up for bid in DD, and does TRENT RICHARDSON have multiple offers? Is there another player named Trent Richardson?

You read that correctly. It's not thaaaat surprising.. it's not like he's RG3 or something.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:08 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

You read that correctly.  It's not thaaaat surprising.. it's not like he's RG3 or something.

No RG3 would never make it to RFA auction, any savvy owner would protect him.  laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:33 am

And Carla comes in out of NOWHERE in the 6 day saga that is the Sheard reality show. Comes in with her big girl boots on too, no 1 WB bids! Go big or go home boys.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:41 am

Looks like a knockout blow for the Eternals who went on to place 3 separate bids on 3 separate players within 10 minutes of the Mayhem's bid.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:42 am

Yeah, she looked at Andy and spit in his face and gave him a good jab! Now he is attacking me, and I feel like I am fighting with 1 arm!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:45 am

When an adult punches me, I just go to an elementary school and build my confidence up. I'm not a kung-fu expert but you wouldn't know that when you see me the gym at lunch hour.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:46 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
When an adult punches me, I just go to an elementary school and build my confidence up.  I'm not a kung-fu expert but you wouldn't know that when you see me the gym at lunch hour.

I don't like being the elementary kid in a fight.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:48 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
When an adult punches me, I just go to an elementary school and build my confidence up.  I'm not a kung-fu expert but you wouldn't know that when you see me the gym at lunch hour.

I don't like being the elementary kid in a fight.

Good news...you're not...you're the trash can I tip over on my way to punch the first little girl in the eye socket.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:59 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
And Carla comes in out of NOWHERE in the 6 day saga that is the Sheard reality show. Comes in with her big girl boots on too, no 1 WB bids! Go big or go home boys.

Glad she did it. Woudl have been happier if she had done it 5 fucking days ago. JFC. Ridiculous.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:17 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Glad she did it.  Woudl have been happier if she had done it 5 fucking days ago.  JFC.  Ridiculous.

Tell us how you really feel Brad. Also Andy, that was just rude. I don't feel good about myself anymore. I may go see if I can win a player for 4 WB's so I can feel good.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:46 pm

Well...this is one reason why I don't agree with those that whine about the 24 hour clock or who want the ebay style bidding system.

I am low on funds. I wanted the player and wasn't sure if/when Brad would call it quits. I also wanted other players so if everyone was up simultaneously I am fucked...by bidding slowly I was able to explore options to get more WB (which I did and it didn't work out).

It's a game people. At any point I suppose Brad could have bid up his own guy (knowing my balance) and forced me to act quickly. I could have lucked out if I placed a bid and 24 hours elapsed when Brad was unable to stop in or forgot to bid or something. Also, MFL is down so it was harder to work the trade angle but had I obtained more WB, I assure you I would have raised to one more than Brad had to force his hand.

Not everyone is gonna like it...but it's nothing personal and it's within the spirit of the game completely. It makes much less sense if Brad and I are both sitting on a mountain of cash like we were in the TT but even working the "mistake angle" leaves it in play.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:54 pm

shrug Han Yang and I had a $25 WB $1 bid match game Laughing

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:57 pm

Well...this is one reason why I don't agree with those that whine about the 24 hour clock or who want the ebay style bidding system.

I am low on funds.  I wanted the player and wasn't sure if/when Brad would call it quits.  I also wanted other players so if everyone was up simultaneously I am fucked...by bidding slowly I was able to explore options to get more WB (which I did and it didn't work out).  

It's a game people.  At any point I suppose Brad could have bid up his own guy (knowing my balance) and forced me to act quickly.  I could have lucked out if I placed a bid and 24 hours elapsed when Brad was unable to stop in or forgot to bid or something.  Also, MFL is down so it was harder to work the trade angle but had I obtained more WB, I assure you I would have raised to one more than Brad had to force his hand.

Not everyone is gonna like it...but it's nothing personal and it's within the spirit of the game completely.  It makes much less sense if Brad and I are both sitting on a mountain of cash like we were in the TT but even working the "mistake angle" leaves it in play.  

None of this removes how fuckin lame this system is scared behind couch run for the hills

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:59 pm

I like the system a lot. There are things to bitch about with every system, but hell, even if we are bitching about the $1 bids, it is April freaking 20th. What else would we be doing besides this?

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:04 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
even if we are bitching about the $1 bids, it is April freaking 20th. What else would we be doing besides this?

I can tell you what I wouldn't be doing. I wouldn't be smashing my head against the wall bang head on wall

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:06 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I like the system a lot. There are things to bitch about with every system, but hell, even if we are bitching about the $1 bids, it is April freaking 20th. What else would we be doing besides this?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:08 pm

Russ, we are not as good at life as Johnny. As much as I hate him, he is having a great time all the time. We are sitting on our computers saying he is an idiot for banging hot chicks, going to be best parties, and drinking the finest wines. God I hate him.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:09 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Russ, we are not as good at life as Johnny. As much as I hate him, he is having a great time all the time. We are sitting on our computers saying he is an idiot for banging hot chicks, going to be best parties, and drinking the finest wines. God I hate him.

agree

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:13 pm

I am low on funds.  I wanted the player and wasn't sure if/when Brad would call it quits.  I also wanted other players so if everyone was up simultaneously I am fucked...by bidding slowly I was able to explore options to get more WB (which I did and it didn't work out).  

It's a game people.  At any point I suppose Brad could have bid up his own guy (knowing my balance) and forced me to act quickly.  I could have lucked out if I placed a bid and 24 hours elapsed when Brad was unable to stop in or forgot to bid or something.  Also, MFL is down so it was harder to work the trade angle but had I obtained more WB, I assure you I would have raised to one more than Brad had to force his hand.

Not everyone is gonna like it...but it's nothing personal and it's within the spirit of the game completely.  It makes much less sense if Brad and I are both sitting on a mountain of cash like we were in the TT but even working the "mistake angle" leaves it in play.  

Oh well. I don't bemoan the dance we were doing. I sure wish we had a proxy in place so that someone couldn't "hope for a mistake" though.

Who knows, maybe I should have upped the bid... Would that have enticed the Carla bear out of her bush league slumber to place a bid earlier? I dunno. At this point, I think her best explanation for me would be to say that she was tired of watching it go back and forth $1 at a time. Maybe she was figuratively driving the car and you and I were in the backseat saying, I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you... I don't know. But, coming in 5-6 days after the fact. Weak sauce.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:51 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

None of this removes how fuckin lame this system is scared behind couch run for the hills

I'm on both sides of this debate. I like the proxy style bidding and I also like this setup. I guess it's just which one you are used to and more comfortable with.

Honestly though, if I had a choice I would pick the proxy bidding through MFL. Only because that's the way I'm used to and I like it a lot. But there is really nothing wrong with this setup and I don't see a need to change anything, because we are all doing a pretty good job with it.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:23 pm

This set up is perfect. Really can't see what all the fuss is about. It allows you to bid $1 at a time or go all in from the off if you wanna. As Nick said, what else is there to do in April? My other leagues (bar GLDL where we had RFA as well) are dead at the moment.

scared behind couch

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:49 pm

I know what other leagues are doing right about now...

NOTHING.

lol 2

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   

Back to top Go down

The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: