HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:06 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
What we do now works.

Except for the fact that Andy has said it is not going to work that way after this season.

I hope I didn't word it that way....I thought I said (and meant to say) that I think it's lame and I would prefer to change it...and intend to make a proposal. I have not heard an idea that fits 100% to me...I can see the flaw to them all starting from minute one to Chris' point because retention would be very high but I am also very much against separating tagged from untagged players and never have given a damn about what other leagues do or what's popular. I really don't care about the whining that stems from the uncertainty of "well if my player is bid on late and taken I no longer have the ability to backfill him"....that is part of the game and everyone deals with it BUT I do understand that some won't like that. Agree to disagree there.

What I do know is this...you have the right to tag some players and it comes at a cost. We've established that and nobody is arguing that much. I absolutely think an owners rights end there. You should not get to decide when that players auction begins, you should not be able to open the bidding on it like other teams (just lame) and cry me a river if someone steals your player and you don't get a suitable replacement. If you want guarantees in life, fantasy football is probably a bad idea for ya.

Anyway, I hope to have a decent proposal by the time January comes around. There is a better way to do it I am sure...just have to dream it up.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:40 pm

For the record, and I've already said this, but I am not really bothered by how things go. It would be nice if there weren't complaints every year when it happens, that's all.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:15 pm

My finger is on the trigger. I'm just watching the minutes go by. Waiting. waiting

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:07 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
My finger is on the trigger. I'm just watching the minutes go by. Waiting. waiting

Just me then? Well, I guess I'll watch a movie whilst I wait.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:23 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
To me, it seems logical that owners have already started bidding on their FT and TT players by tagging them.  There are 50 and 25 WB bids on them already so their clocks could start as soon as the RFA session opens.  Then you eliminate the silly aspect of owners bidding against themselves.  If you used both FT and TT, then those are the first two auctions you've opened and your opponents are immediately on the clock.  No need to get fancier than that.

Anyway...whatever.

I agree.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:37 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

Just me then? Well, I guess I'll watch a movie whilst I wait.

Nope, I'm counting down the minutes too.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:49 pm

Me tooooo

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:50 pm

Rough two nights with my daughters fighting a cold so I'll likely be making my first splash in RW later tomorrow. But interested in seeing how this starts off. Good luck everyone!

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:51 pm

Wait, did I miss something? What are we counting down til????

sleep sleep sleep

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:57 pm

Remember that time we all stayed up and Andy forgot to unlock things laughing

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:19 am

This is everything I've ever dreamed of fun dance

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:20 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Remember that time we all stayed up and Andy forgot to unlock things laughing

haha, I do....I double checked shit last night for damn sure.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:34 am

WOW! DD has started off with a bang! two guys going for over 50 wb's currently and TT in usual fashion is asleep... Well maybe I am not being fair at least Shawn is not afraid to get his guy over there early on.

I already screwed up (or did I) by over bidding my Transitional tagged RB to 26 instead of 21. So I will be down 5 WB's that I could have saved but it still hasn't kept me for going after a Franchise Tagged guy! Lets spent some WB's!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:49 am

WOW! DD has started off with a bang! two guys going for over 50 wb's currently and TT in usual fashion is asleep... Well maybe I am not being fair at least Shawn is not afraid to get his guy over there early on.

I already screwed up (or did I) by over bidding my Transitional tagged RB to 26 instead of 21. So I will be down 5 WB's that I could have saved but it still hasn't kept me for going after a Franchise Tagged guy! Lets spent some WB's!

I am getting a little upset. I came in strong for a few players and am still deciding whether to finish business or hold off because prices are getting steep.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:56 am

7 players on the board in TT.

For shame.

vote no

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:57 am

England Dragons wrote:

For shame.

vote no

They don't want to spend their precious WB's. Figure to each take their own RFA's and pay a buck each for them.   laughing

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:59 am

TT =

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:02 am

I don't ever want to hear anyone from TT make fun of Ted Thompson for sleeping through FA again!  ROFL

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:02 am

Baja Beatniks wrote:
TT =

This actually describes my day very well.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:06 am

My wife and kid are going to hate me today. One positive is that one of her little friends is coming over later, so they can occupy themselves. I did however get up and make them a giant egg breakfast scramble this morning, bidding while cooking of course.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:23 am

England Dragons wrote:

For shame.

vote no

Queue the it's a marathon not a sprint babble blah blah blah blah blah blah

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:28 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

For shame.

vote no

Queue the it's a marathon not a sprint  babble blah blah blah blah blah blah

While I am a dolphins fan, I Am not a fan of the way they handle FA. The patriots have a much better method no?

cheers

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:35 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

For shame.

vote no

Queue the it's a marathon not a sprint  babble blah blah blah blah blah blah

While I am a dolphins fan, I Am not a fan of the way they handle FA.  The patriots have a much better method no?

cheers

Good point. Although, I would liken it closer to the way that the Vikings emphasize the draft timer.

I think it's weak sauce that there's so few players on the board for all the talk of "excitement" for the auction.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:39 am

I'm still very excited for RFA to start photo

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:57 am

I don't need to pay more for a guy to get excited.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:02 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

So that's already included? wink love

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:13 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:

So that's already included? wink love

cheers I knew that I was setting myself up with that one.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:10 pm

Kind of off to a boring start. Overall, not a lot of talent in RFA this year.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:11 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Kind of off to a boring start.  Overall, not a lot of talent in RFA this year.

Get the guys that you want out of the pile. I like it.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:13 pm

There appears to be a lot more talent available on the DD side.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:19 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
There appears to be a lot more talent available on the DD side.

Well no one from TT has nominated their FT or TT's. Only 2 players on tags up for bidding?

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:37 pm

18+ hours after opening of RFA, less than half of the TT owners have opened an auction.  WTF?

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:52 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
18+ hours after opening of RFA, less than half of the TT owners have opened an auction.  WTF?

It's "strategy"

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:27 pm

Dear TT owners,

If your aim is to grind me down to a point where I deem that running this league is a waste of time because people just don't care enough to get into it, you're on the right track.

It's nothing short of embarrassing that this far into the day, only 5 people in your group give enough of a shit to get involved.

Stay the course...I'm sure there won't be any reaction from me if it continues....

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:29 pm

Neutral

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:30 pm

Neutral

Not knocking TT here but I find it really amazing how two groups of people all cool can be so different. I remember when we all got together and started this league, initially there was no TT or DD but it seems that there was always the outrcy from TT of how we are so wasteful and DD of how TT is so frugal (not exactly those words).
Quite honestly its almost like those social experiments where you put people in a specific situation and before you know it they start acting a certain way just because that is what they see around them. Anyway, I just feel that Roster Wars is no longer just a football league, it has become a sociological experiment. Books should be written about all of us! Good talk guys. shrug

Last edited by Tarpon Springs RedKnights on Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:35 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Dear TT owners,

If your aim is to grind me down to a point where I deem that running this league is a waste of time because people just don't care enough to get into it, you're on the right track.

It's nothing short of embarrassing that this far into the day, only 5 people in your group give enough of a shit to get involved.

Stay the course...I'm sure there won't be any reaction from me if it continues....

Dear President,

Are you saying that only owners that have started auctions are giving a shit enough to get involved? I am sure that more than 5 owners have bid on auctions so far. I feel no need this year to start auctions on players I do not want. I do not feel this is the right time to start auctions on players I do want (Not while Shawn still has warbucks anyway). So I ask you, why is not Okay to wait on starting auctions of the players we want?

Are you now stating that there is some type of requirement to starting auctions to show we are involved in this process????

confused

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:43 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:51 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Dear TT owners,

Dear President,

Are you saying that only owners that have started auctions are giving a shit enough to get involved?  I am sure that more than 5 owners have bid on auctions so far.  I feel no need this year to start auctions on players I do not want.  I do not feel this is the right time to start auctions on players I do want (Not while Shawn still has warbucks anyway).  So I ask you, why is not Okay to wait on starting auctions of the players we want?  

Are you now stating that there is some type of requirement to starting auctions to show we are involved in this process????

confused

I think there is a very clear case of patty cake going on. It's very confusing as to WHY

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:51 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Illegal bid
http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t6242-kam-chancellor-s-mrm
http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t6072-history-of-compensation-tags

Didn't know starting the auction would count as bidding. I guess that makes sense though.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:53 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Dear TT owners,

Dear President,

Are you saying that only owners that have started auctions are giving a shit enough to get involved?  I am sure that more than 5 owners have bid on auctions so far.  I feel no need this year to start auctions on players I do not want.  I do not feel this is the right time to start auctions on players I do want (Not while Shawn still has warbucks anyway).  So I ask you, why is not Okay to wait on starting auctions of the players we want?  

confused

Well sir, I guess it never dawned on me that 19 hours into RFA only 5 people would bother...so while I understand your point on one hand, if 6 motherfuckers can't be troubled and you are opting not to for personal reasons then maybe I should just consider moving TT to Stage 3 now and progressing quickly to wrapping it up over there...because I mean if collectively ya'll are gonna roll at a pace of 8 auctions at a time then we should just move the draft back now...shouldn't we?

For as long as our bylaws are...I clearly underestimated the determination of some people to "not understand the spirit of shit".

That's where I am at.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:56 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Dear TT owners,

Dear President,

confused

I think there is a very clear case of patty cake going on. It's very confusing as to WHY

Not sure what patty cake going on means but... I love Andy and Shawn very much and this league is the best! But Dave is 100% right. Everyone has a strategy, if someone wants to wait to watch all their foes deplete their WB's then good for them, its not "not giving a shit" its just a different strategy. Anyway, best league ever! TT or DD no matter what we are all the same alphabet!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:57 pm

The point is to not be as extreme as me, and to not be as extreme the other way as TT is. Get it? No one wants either.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:59 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
The point is to not be as extreme as me, and to not be as extreme the other way as TT is. Get it? No one wants either.
Why? Did I miss something or did the RFA not start less then 24 hours ago? there is no extreme at this stage, just people seeing what they want to do before acting upon it, or acting upon it early and not wanting to wait. Either way just different ways of doing things, no harm.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:00 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Dear TT owners,

Dear President,

confused

Not sure what patty cake going on means but... I love Andy and Shawn very much and this league is the best! But Dave is 100% right. Everyone has a strategy, if someone wants to wait to watch all their foes deplete their WB's then good for them, its not "not giving a shit" its just a different strategy. Anyway, best league ever! TT or DD no matter what we are all the same alphabet!

Concur. I guess the only thing is.... nobody is spending money. That makes it pretty hard to wait for people to run out.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:03 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Illegal bid

Didn't know starting the auction would count as bidding.  I guess that makes sense though.  

No harm no foul. I'm sure it was bound to happen at some point.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:03 pm

Let me make it clear...Dave is not wrong and I understand the choice on strategy....BUT...we clearly need to use this as a learning experience because if X can't be bothered and Y are choosing not to start auctions which leads to very few going then we have a stupid situation.

I'm gonna blame the participants (or lack thereof) since DD is having no problem. Being perfectly clear, I have no issue with Dave and what he's doing to be honest but even if the other 4-6 chuckleheads were around (and they were also opting to not start auctions) then we have a fucked up situation so either way....I need more bylaws I guess.

Enjoy RFA 2016 everyone.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:04 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Illegal bid

Didn't know starting the auction would count as bidding.  I guess that makes sense though.  

got that issue out of the way fast!

mock

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:04 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Illegal bid

The question is, why not open bidding at 30 or something in this scenario? laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   

Back to top Go down

The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: