:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:17 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
You cannot bid on your Compensation Tagged players.  You cannot bid 0 or 1 or 1,000.  You cannot bid on them on weekends, weekdays or holidays.  Not in a box, not on a fox and not fro the docks.

laughing

Took me about 10 minutes to catch up with this thread this morning. Jesus.

end it

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:39 am

Yeah but can you bid on your own comp tag player?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:59 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Yeah but can you bid on your own comp tag player?

rofl

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:00 am

I'm really sorry, but dick head Shawn is going to talk here. I can't take it. It's a personality flaw that I have, what can I say.

Do we really need to move at such a bullshit pace? Can we start making real bids please? This shit of increasing bids by one war buck is beyond painful to watch.

I would like for this to be fun, but at this pace it really isn't. It reminds me of why I stopped playing those damn MFL10's.

Go ahead, tell me how much of a douche bag I am, and then return to your 4 war bucks bid that took 8 hours to put in when we all know good damn well the guy is going for 40.

soapbox rant
shitstorm

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:02 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
I'm really sorry, but dick head Shawn is going to talk here. I can't take it. It's a personality flaw that I have, what can I say.

Do we really need to move at such a bullshit pace? Can we start making real bids please? This shit of increasing bids by one war buck is beyond painful to watch.

I would like for this to be fun, but at this pace it really isn't. It reminds me of why I stopped playing those damn MFL10's.

Go ahead, tell me how much of a douche bag I am, and then return to your 4 war bucks bid that took 8 hours to put in when we all know good damn well the guy is going for 40.

soapbox rant
shitstorm

When a bid gets past 25 I bid by 5 WB's every up. Is that off?

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:07 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

soapbox rant
shitstorm

Actually, a lot of the time once it gets that high it might be time to slow it down. What bugs me is when it takes 4 days to get to 25. But $5 bids should be way more common. Are we really that concerned over each and every little penny?

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:09 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

soapbox rant
shitstorm

Actually, a lot of the time once it gets that high it might be time to slow it down. What bugs me is when it takes 4 days to get to 25. But $5 bids should be way more common. Are we really that concerned over each and every little penny?

A $5 bid is about 4% of my total cash so, yes, I am a little bit concerned about it.  I don't want to have to end up living in the apartment.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:11 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

soapbox rant
shitstorm

A $5 bid is about 4% of my total cash so, yes, I am a little bit concerned about it.  I don't want to have to end up living in the apartment.

$5 on one player. And that one player is what percentage of your roster? We are bidding on the good players right now. The good ones aren't going to go for 4 war bucks. We all know that.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:11 am

Just looked over at TT, damn it seems a little more tight over there as bids go.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:13 am

I don't mind the 1 WB bid, but I also watch the players I'm bidding on so I can actively bid, not wait 12hrs then increase my bid by 1. If I've learned one thing it's that I don't know what the owner I'm bidding against is thinking. I'm not paying 1WB more than I have to. I'll increase my 3-5 at the most. There are players I'm certain will draw more attention and higher bids and they don't. Why pay more than you have to.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:26 am

Sorry what was that Shawn? I'm too busy counting my shekels.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:46 am

You cannot bid on your Compensation Tagged players.  You cannot bid 0 or 1 or 1,000.  You cannot bid on them on weekends, weekdays or holidays.  Not in a box, not on a fox and not fro the docks.

NOT SURE WHAT PEOPLE DON'T GET ABOUT THIS

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:48 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:

NOT SURE WHAT PEOPLE DON'T GET ABOUT THIS

I would be ashamed at myself if I bid on my own comp tag player mock

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:00 am

I agree with Shawn here. Most of these dudes that are up right now are studs and should be paid like studs! No reason to bid these measly 1 WB bids that take forever to get to what these guys are actually worth. If I had WBs and was in the TT I would be going nuts like Shawn too

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:02 am

Some of us can only afford 1 WB bids! 5 WB IS 10% of my budget. Otherwise I don't even get to participate...

A guy can dream that someone will slip through the cracks, right?

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:14 am

Here's the biggest problem. There areally 4 teams that aren't bidding. 1,460 war bucks between the Devine, Bombers, Cats, and Goon squad. They are combined for 21 war bucks on the board. Are we really to believe they are going to save all of it? I hope they are planning on saving it, because If they arent, they are all doing nothing other than wasting our time. 17 hours so far.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:15 am

I'm still the new guy on the block but I do see some interesting thoughts on bidding strategy.  It's a "I'm all for your right to choose, as long as you choose the right way and as long as I don't have to do it also."  

Shawn complains about people bidding in 1 WB increments only hours after opening bidding on Kiko Alonso and Mychal Kendricks at 1 WB each.  I think that we all knew that they would go for more than 1 WB, or 5 WB, or even 10 WBs.  So why start at 1?  Short answer -- Shawn wants you to burn your WBs -- and quickly -- but he doesn't want to spend his.  

As far as I read the rules, their spirit and letter permit me to bid in 1 WB increments.  In fact, if it's my guy, I don't even have to raise the ante -- I can match!  But, while that's not kosher, opening up bidding on your own tagged player is not only proper but it's criminal that someone would even hint at limiting this strategy.

And don't tell owners that they should actually start auctions -- they should be allowed to lurk while everyone else spends their money.  Even if it results in only 10 active auctions.  Because it's not the speed in closing auctions, it's how quick everyone else spends their money.  Don't tread on me!  But, don't let that stop me from arguing that everyone (but me) has to actively bid at all stages.

And God forbid that you log in and don't increase bids on all guys that you might be interested in.  That 24 hour clock reference in the rules is a mistake.

If you're not happy with the bids of others, go in and set the bids on all players at the level where you think that they should start.  Issue solved.  Anything else is a sadly veiled plea for others to burn their WBs without any risk or exposure to you.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:18 am

And, for the record, I think that I have probably been one of the more active bidders, even though I have one of the smallest bankrolls.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:24 am

RUSS SPITTIN' FIAH! I like it!

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:30 am

Yes, I'm a douche bag. I got it. I'm ready for that. That doesn't take away from Tony Romo going up 2 war bucks in 24 hours.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:35 am

Not calling anyone a D-bag.  But I think that our view of what's going on is influenced and clouded by our own personal interests.  I'd really like everyone to spend 100 WBs on a kicker so that I can start getting guys with what little money I have.  It's not really working out that way so I'll start looking at other options.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:40 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I'm still the new guy on the block but I do see some interesting thoughts on bidding strategy.  It's a "I'm all for your right to choose, as long as you choose the right way and as long as I don't have to do it also."  

Shawn complains about people bidding in 1 WB increments only hours after opening bidding on Kiko Alonso and Mychal Kendricks at 1 WB each.  I think that we all knew that they would go for more than 1 WB, or 5 WB, or even 10 WBs.  So why start at 1?  Short answer -- Shawn wants you to burn your WBs -- and quickly -- but he doesn't want to spend his.  

As far as I read the rules, their spirit and letter permit me to bid in 1 WB increments.  In fact, if it's my guy, I don't even have to raise the ante -- I can match!  But, while that's not kosher, opening up bidding on your own tagged player is not only proper but it's criminal that someone would even hint at limiting this strategy.

And don't tell owners that they should actually start auctions -- they should be allowed to lurk while everyone else spends their money.  Even if it results in only 10 active auctions.  Because it's not the speed in closing auctions, it's how quick everyone else spends their money.  Don't tread on me!  But, don't let that stop me from arguing that everyone (but me) has to actively bid at all stages.

And God forbid that you log in and don't increase bids on all guys that you might be interested in.  That 24 hour clock reference in the rules is a mistake.

If you're not happy with the bids of others, go in and set the bids on all players at the level where you think that they should start.  Issue solved.  Anything else is a sadly veiled plea for others to burn their WBs without any risk or exposure to you.
BOOM (RUSS DROPS THE MIC)

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:41 am

I hope I'm just wrong. I look at the board, and the prices, and I see a board full of bids that don't stand a chance of holding up. So we wait. Wait.... and wait... and wait.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:44 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Not calling anyone a D-bag.  But I think that our view of what's going on is influenced and clouded by our own personal interests.  I'd really like everyone to spend 100 WBs on a kicker so that I can start getting guys with what little money I have.  It's not really working out that way so I'll start looking at other options.
I've done that... I'm now favorite for pink next year... Don't be me...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:48 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I've done that... I'm now favorite for pink next year... Don't be me...

I just spent 100WB's on a TE. Don't be me.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:48 am

But isn't the solution to put in a bid then?  You are looking at a board of undervalued players?  So put in a bid and see if you can get a deal.  Or increase the bid and make others pay more?  

I don't mean to single you out (heck, you're one of the few guys that trades with me) but it's tough to complain about the pace of bids when you've only put a total of 2 new WBs on the board in the past 14 hours.  You're really complaining that others are doing what you're doing.  And that's tough for me to comprehend.

Edit to add -- I put up bids totaling 210 WBs during that same span.

Last edited by Bergen Brawlers on Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:49 am

Atkins joins the Dragons.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:52 am

YOU GOT SOMEWHERE TO BE? YOU IN A RUSH OR SOMETHING SON? IT'S THE OFF SEASON!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:52 am

England Dragons wrote:

cheers

Not a bad price for Atkins. I wish I had the WBs to put a serious fight for Kuechly.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:05 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
But isn't the solution to put in a bid then?  You are looking at a board of undervalued players?  So put in a bid and see if you can get a deal.  Or increase the bid and make others pay more?  

I don't mean to single you out (heck, you're one of the few guys that trades with me) but it's tough to complain about the pace of bids when you've only put a total of 2 new WBs on the board in the past 14 hours.  You're really complaining that others are doing what you're doing.  And that's tough for me to comprehend.

I wish I could single handedly drive the market. Unfortunately, I'm 2nd to the bottom in terms of cash flow. I guess it really shouldn't bother me, but it does. It's like watching someone eat peas with a fork, one at a time. I just want to slap the shit out of the person and tell them to scoop it.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:09 am

At least it's moving now Shawn. There are over 20 players up and everyone is involved. Big improvement over this time yesterday.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:10 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

cheers

Not a bad price for Atkins. I wish I had the WBs to put a serious fight for Kuechly.

Yeah, Kuechly is interesting. I imagine there will be some activity on the #1 LB in the game.

rock on

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:11 am

England Dragons wrote:
At least it's moving now Shawn. There are over 20 players up and everyone is involved. Big improvement over this time yesterday.

high five fun dance

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:12 am

that really bugged me last year as well Shawn... In fact, I think someone (Justin maybe???) called me out on it. I was increasing bids all willy nilly and raising bids a ton to what I was willing to pay because I was impatient. At the end of the RFA, I think it was shown that I potentially overspent about 75WBs total.

I dont' know the right answer (actually, it's called Proxy bidding)... but it is what it is.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:18 am

I'm sending offers out. Looking to trade picks (2016 2017 2018) in order to get more WBs in my quest of stealing Kuechly.
If you are interested respond to your trade offers or send me some! #freekuechly

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:22 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
that really bugged me last year as well Shawn... In fact, I think someone (Justin maybe???) called me out on it.  I was increasing bids all willy nilly and raising bids a ton to what I was willing to pay because I was impatient.  At the end of the RFA, I think it was shown that I potentially overspent about 75WBs total.  

I dont' know the right answer (actually, it's called Proxy bidding)... but it is what it is.

This system is perfect. You can do it either way. Bid slow, bid fast. Take your pick.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:51 am

Damnit. Okay I'll trade for some WB. I have no self control. Hard for me to make any offers until after school, but feel free to send some over if you'd like in the meantime

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:00 pm

Sorry Sty, used all my money on Mini Gronk. Feels good to say that.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:02 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Sounds like you and Rob had a really good time. NOt that there is anything wrong with that.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:03 pm

I think we could all benefit from re-reading The Art of War ahead of each RFA session.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:03 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Sounds like you and Rob had a really good time.  NOt that there is anything wrong with that.

Of course not. A person's sexual preference is their own business.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:06 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Sounds like you and Rob had a really good time.  NOt that there is anything wrong with that.

If someone finds Corey dead in an alley, I have no idea who did it....

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:09 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

laughing

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:16 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
I think we could all benefit from re-reading The Art of War ahead of each RFA session.  

Not sure what the Art of War would say or dictate, but I prefer the Soprano/Colors Theory. This is also known as the 2 Bulls Story. Simply put 2 Bulls are sitting on a grassy hill looking down at a herd of Cows. The younger Bull says" Hey, Pop lets run down and fuck us one of them cows." Papa Bull says "No, son. Lets walk down and fuck them all."

coffee

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:17 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

How many threads are you going to declare yourself the winner of the Kelce auction in before it is over? ROFL

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:18 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

How many threads are you going to declare yourself the winner of the Kelce auction in before it is over? ROFL

Oh, just wait. Tomorrow at noon I will place another bid.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:19 pm

On a side note, the Outlaws are getting bangbanged from all ends with everyone bidding on their DE's. A helpless feeling indeed.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:22 pm

Can someone remind me... Our WB totals are updated on the 'standings' page after the RFA is "processed" correct?

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:30 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Oh, just wait. Tomorrow at noon I will place another bid.

No problem.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:59 pm

Can someone remind me... Our WB totals are updated on the 'standings' page after the RFA is "processed" correct?

When Andy processes them, yes. I just declare the winner and lock them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   

Back to top Go down

The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: