HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 
 

 The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
California Nightmare
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2434

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:06 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Illegal bid
http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t6242-kam-chancellor-s-mrm
http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t6072-history-of-compensation-tags

Didn't know starting the auction would count as bidding.  I guess that makes sense though.  

No harm no foul. I'm sure it was bound to happen at some point.

You are too kind Shawn. I would plaster his ass on the RFA Wall of Shame. Jus sayin. shrug


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20122

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:07 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Illegal bid
http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t6242-kam-chancellor-s-mrm
http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t6072-history-of-compensation-tags

Didn't know starting the auction would count as bidding.  I guess that makes sense though.  

No harm no foul. I'm sure it was bound to happen at some point.

The question is, why not open bidding at 30 or something in this scenario? laughing

Hmm I suppose the rule would have to be that if you were to win your comp tagged player then you can't pay yourself. Of course that's not in there so just disallowing it entirely would be for the best. Since Andy clearly wants it to go that way anyway haha.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20122

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:08 pm

California Nightmare wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Illegal bid
http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t6242-kam-chancellor-s-mrm
http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t6072-history-of-compensation-tags

Didn't know starting the auction would count as bidding.  I guess that makes sense though.  

No harm no foul. I'm sure it was bound to happen at some point.

You are too kind Shawn. I would plaster his ass on the RFA Wall of Shame. Jus sayin. shrug

I will happily put myself as the first entrant on the Wall of Shame 2016 Laughing


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22548

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:09 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Illegal bid
http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t6242-kam-chancellor-s-mrm
http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t6072-history-of-compensation-tags

Didn't know starting the auction would count as bidding.  I guess that makes sense though.  

No harm no foul. I'm sure it was bound to happen at some point.

The question is, why not open bidding at 30 or something in this scenario? laughing

Hmm I suppose the rule would have to be that if you were to win your comp tagged player then you can't pay yourself.  Of course that's not in there so just disallowing it entirely would be for the best.  Since Andy clearly wants it to go that way anyway haha.  

You are not allowed to bid OR MATCH on your CT player...thus it's impossible for you to win them. That player is already gone.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20122

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:11 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Illegal bid
http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t6242-kam-chancellor-s-mrm
http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t6072-history-of-compensation-tags

Didn't know starting the auction would count as bidding.  I guess that makes sense though.  

No harm no foul. I'm sure it was bound to happen at some point.

The question is, why not open bidding at 30 or something in this scenario? laughing

Hmm I suppose the rule would have to be that if you were to win your comp tagged player then you can't pay yourself.  Of course that's not in there so just disallowing it entirely would be for the best.  Since Andy clearly wants it to go that way anyway haha.  

You are not allowed to bid OR MATCH on your CT player...thus it's impossible for you to win them.  That player is already gone.

I knew that. I just thought you could start them with our current setup which you despise. Of course I suppose you have to bid on them to start them so you can't start them. Makes sense now.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22548

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:13 pm

Please ensure that if you start an auction on a player that has a tag, you include that in the title of the thread. Thank you!

FT
TT
CT

The CT is new and while it doesn't change anything in terms of the process (except former team cannot participate) and while I would argue that it should have no bearing on the bidding, some folks are gonna feel otherwise so indicating that a player is CT is required.


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7582

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:15 pm

WOW - I was going to slow play RFA too - glad I decided to put a couple up there


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22548

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:16 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Illegal bid
http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t6242-kam-chancellor-s-mrm
http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t6072-history-of-compensation-tags

Didn't know starting the auction would count as bidding.  I guess that makes sense though.  

No harm no foul. I'm sure it was bound to happen at some point.

The question is, why not open bidding at 30 or something in this scenario? laughing

Hmm I suppose the rule would have to be that if you were to win your comp tagged player then you can't pay yourself.  Of course that's not in there so just disallowing it entirely would be for the best.  Since Andy clearly wants it to go that way anyway haha.  

You are not allowed to bid OR MATCH on your CT player...thus it's impossible for you to win them.  That player is already gone.

I knew that.  I just thought you could start them with our current setup which you despise.  Of course I suppose you have to bid on them to start them so you can't start them.  Makes sense now.

Understood....2011-Andy is a dickbag for leaving out a line of bylaws that has annoyed me for 4 years and post-2011-Andy is a dickhead for not solving the issue and letting 2016-Andy deal with it. no


Back to top Go down
California Nightmare
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2434

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:17 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Marcus Peters I CB I SFG

Shit Dave, you are gonna put Andy in a fucking straight jacket by morning. Lower case L's (l) to divide position. I'm assuming you are supposed to spell out Golddiggers as well.

Crying or Very sad


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20122

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Illegal bid
http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t6242-kam-chancellor-s-mrm
http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t6072-history-of-compensation-tags

Didn't know starting the auction would count as bidding.  I guess that makes sense though.  

No harm no foul. I'm sure it was bound to happen at some point.

The question is, why not open bidding at 30 or something in this scenario? laughing

Hmm I suppose the rule would have to be that if you were to win your comp tagged player then you can't pay yourself.  Of course that's not in there so just disallowing it entirely would be for the best.  Since Andy clearly wants it to go that way anyway haha.  

You are not allowed to bid OR MATCH on your CT player...thus it's impossible for you to win them.  That player is already gone.

I knew that.  I just thought you could start them with our current setup which you despise.  Of course I suppose you have to bid on them to start them so you can't start them.  Makes sense now.

Understood....2011-Andy is a dickbag for leaving out a line of bylaws that has annoyed me for 4 years and post-2011-Andy is a dickhead for not solving the issue and letting 2016-Andy deal with it.  no

C'mon now. We both know that 2011 Andy and 2016 Andy are dickbags!

troll


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22548

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:19 pm

Believe me...the slow play makes a ton of sense to me (as an owner)....but just don't see how it can work because as soon as several folks go that direction things come to standstill real fast. I thin we need to brainstorm on the subject because something has to be in place to ensure things move along...and if that can happen while allowing for you guys to have some semblance of that strategy I probably would be cool with it...

2cents


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22548

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:20 pm

California Nightmare wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Marcus Peters I CB I SFG

Shit Dave, you are gonna put Andy in a fucking straight jacket by morning. Lower case L's (l) to divide position. I'm assuming you are supposed to spell out Golddiggers as well.

Crying or Very sad

Laughing


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:25 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Dear TT owners,

If your aim is to grind me down to a point where I deem that running this league is a waste of time because people just don't care enough to get into it, you're on the right track.

It's nothing short of embarrassing that this far into the day, only 5 people in your group give enough of a shit to get involved.

Stay the course...I'm sure there won't be any reaction from me if it continues....

Dear President,

Are you saying that only owners that have started auctions are giving a shit enough to get involved?  I am sure that more than 5 owners have bid on auctions so far.  I feel no need this year to start auctions on players I do not want.  I do not feel this is the right time to start auctions on players I do want (Not while Shawn still has warbucks anyway).  So I ask you, why is not Okay to wait on starting auctions of the players we want?  

Are you now stating that there is some type of requirement to starting auctions to show we are involved in this process????

confused

Well sir, I guess it never dawned on me that 19 hours into RFA only 5 people would bother...so while I understand your point on one hand, if 6 motherfuckers can't be troubled and you are opting not to for personal reasons then maybe I should just consider moving TT to Stage 3 now and progressing quickly to wrapping it up over there...because I mean if collectively ya'll are gonna roll at a pace of 8 auctions at a time then we should just move the draft back now...shouldn't we?

For as long as our bylaws are...I clearly underestimated the determination of some people to "not understand the spirit of shit".

That's where I am at.

I think giving it 12 hours is plenty to make the decision of moving it to stage 2. This way everyone is happy, and people that don't want to start an auction don't have to.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20122

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:29 pm

California Nightmare wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Marcus Peters I CB I SFG

Shit Dave, you are gonna put Andy in a fucking straight jacket by morning. Lower case L's (l) to divide position. I'm assuming you are supposed to spell out Golddiggers as well.

Crying or Very sad

I cleaned up a bunch of topics to include proper names. As much as I love mocking Bob I'm tagging his as Freakshow for searchability.


Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5690

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:29 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
California Nightmare wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Marcus Peters I CB I SFG

Shit Dave, you are gonna put Andy in a fucking straight jacket by morning. Lower case L's (l) to divide position. I'm assuming you are supposed to spell out Golddiggers as well.

Crying or Very sad

Laughing

baghead2 baghead2 baghead2 baghead2


This is why I do not start auctions.....


Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5690

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:31 pm

I think Andy nailed the bigger problem with this. If one or two of us had slow played starting an auction it might have gone without care, but 6 of us going that way fucked things up. I get that and agree we cannot have half the conference doing it.



Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22548

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:33 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Dear TT owners,

If your aim is to grind me down to a point where I deem that running this league is a waste of time because people just don't care enough to get into it, you're on the right track.

It's nothing short of embarrassing that this far into the day, only 5 people in your group give enough of a shit to get involved.

Stay the course...I'm sure there won't be any reaction from me if it continues....

Dear President,

Are you saying that only owners that have started auctions are giving a shit enough to get involved?  I am sure that more than 5 owners have bid on auctions so far.  I feel no need this year to start auctions on players I do not want.  I do not feel this is the right time to start auctions on players I do want (Not while Shawn still has warbucks anyway).  So I ask you, why is not Okay to wait on starting auctions of the players we want?  

Are you now stating that there is some type of requirement to starting auctions to show we are involved in this process????

confused

Well sir, I guess it never dawned on me that 19 hours into RFA only 5 people would bother...so while I understand your point on one hand, if 6 motherfuckers can't be troubled and you are opting not to for personal reasons then maybe I should just consider moving TT to Stage 3 now and progressing quickly to wrapping it up over there...because I mean if collectively ya'll are gonna roll at a pace of 8 auctions at a time then we should just move the draft back now...shouldn't we?

For as long as our bylaws are...I clearly underestimated the determination of some people to "not understand the spirit of shit".

That's where I am at.

I think giving it 12 hours is plenty to make the decision of moving it to stage 2. This way everyone is happy, and people that don't want to start an auction don't have to.

Problem there...if I am understanding you right anyway...is that it's day 1 and I am not even sure all of these TT cunts have made an appearance to RFA....so moving to Stage 2 twelve hours in is silly, is it not?


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20122

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:33 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
I think Andy nailed the bigger problem with this.  If one or two of us had slow played starting an auction it might have gone without care, but 6 of us going that way fucked things up.  I get that and agree we cannot have half the conference doing it.


Well it is a Sunday as well. I had friends over for our board game night and spent the rest of my day with my wife. We're getting caught up on The Walking Dead now. Lots of people have weekend plans. I'd be surprised if things don't pick up tomorrow.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22548

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:34 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
I think Andy nailed the bigger problem with this.  If one or two of us had slow played starting an auction it might have gone without care, but 6 of us going that way fucked things up.  I get that and agree we cannot have half the conference doing it.


I feel so much better when people verify that I am not fucking crazy. I'm a psycho but I am not crazy.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10034

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:34 pm

Spoiled bitches. I was up at midnight giddy for this.


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:35 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Dear TT owners,

If your aim is to grind me down to a point where I deem that running this league is a waste of time because people just don't care enough to get into it, you're on the right track.

It's nothing short of embarrassing that this far into the day, only 5 people in your group give enough of a shit to get involved.

Stay the course...I'm sure there won't be any reaction from me if it continues....

Dear President,

Are you saying that only owners that have started auctions are giving a shit enough to get involved?  I am sure that more than 5 owners have bid on auctions so far.  I feel no need this year to start auctions on players I do not want.  I do not feel this is the right time to start auctions on players I do want (Not while Shawn still has warbucks anyway).  So I ask you, why is not Okay to wait on starting auctions of the players we want?  

Are you now stating that there is some type of requirement to starting auctions to show we are involved in this process????

confused

Well sir, I guess it never dawned on me that 19 hours into RFA only 5 people would bother...so while I understand your point on one hand, if 6 motherfuckers can't be troubled and you are opting not to for personal reasons then maybe I should just consider moving TT to Stage 3 now and progressing quickly to wrapping it up over there...because I mean if collectively ya'll are gonna roll at a pace of 8 auctions at a time then we should just move the draft back now...shouldn't we?

For as long as our bylaws are...I clearly underestimated the determination of some people to "not understand the spirit of shit".

That's where I am at.

I think giving it 12 hours is plenty to make the decision of moving it to stage 2. This way everyone is happy, and people that don't want to start an auction don't have to.

Problem there...if I am understanding you right anyway...is that it's day 1 and I am not even sure all of these TT cunts have made an appearance to RFA....so moving to Stage 2 twelve hours in is silly, is it not?

I don't know if silly can be avoided.


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5192

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:40 pm

But if it were to go to Stage 2, they get more leniency with putting players up right? I say if you can't be bothered to nominate someone on day 1, maybe you can forfeit your rights to put anyone up.

Yes, that's completely tongue in cheek. But it's weird as hell.


Back to top Go down
Online
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:00 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Dear TT owners,

If your aim is to grind me down to a point where I deem that running this league is a waste of time because people just don't care enough to get into it, you're on the right track.

It's nothing short of embarrassing that this far into the day, only 5 people in your group give enough of a shit to get involved.

Stay the course...I'm sure there won't be any reaction from me if it continues....

Sorry dude, for my part I think it started right before I went to bed. At work now just rolling out my plans.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10034

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:00 pm

Question- can we start a thread for our Comp Tag player and just start with 0 WB's? Or do we have to wait for someone to start one which may be down the line?


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5192

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:07 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Question- can we start a thread for our Comp Tag player and just start with 0 WB's? Or do we have to wait for someone to start one which may be down the line?

Question - Are you trying to see if you can get Andy's head to explode?


Back to top Go down
Online
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:08 pm

I guess I'm the price police this year. Starting QB1 for 26 WB's? Not on my watch.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10034

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:10 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Question- can we start a thread for our Comp Tag player and just start with 0 WB's? Or do we have to wait for someone to start one which may be down the line?

Question - Are you trying to see if you can get Andy's head to explode?

Haha, no, honest question!!! I have Wheaton on my comp tag and I would like to know what I'm going to get for him.


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:14 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Question- can we start a thread for our Comp Tag player and just start with 0 WB's? Or do we have to wait for someone to start one which may be down the line?

Question - Are you trying to see if you can get Andy's head to explode?

Haha, no, honest question!!! I have Wheaton on my comp tag and I would like to know what I'm going to get for him.

I too would like to know if we can bid on our own compensation tag. I don't think this has come up this year already.

unsure


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22548

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:19 pm

New England Nineties wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Dear TT owners,

If your aim is to grind me down to a point where I deem that running this league is a waste of time because people just don't care enough to get into it, you're on the right track.

It's nothing short of embarrassing that this far into the day, only 5 people in your group give enough of a shit to get involved.

Stay the course...I'm sure there won't be any reaction from me if it continues....

Sorry dude, for my part I think it started right before I went to bed. At work now just rolling out my plans.

Mike, if it wasn't the number of people that it was...and just you (and one more were MIA) I would have said nothing because I am well aware of the time zone stuff....

I was merely talking as a whole...5 present after 19 hours is sad.


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:20 pm

It's fair enough, it's pretty quiet. I would've started last night but I forgot to e-mail myself the spreadsheet I had worked up at work.

TT, as you know, is pretty conservative, but at the very least people can throw out guys they don't want that much.


Not that I'm...doing...that.


Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3587

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:20 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Question- can we start a thread for our Comp Tag player and just start with 0 WB's? Or do we have to wait for someone to start one which may be down the line?

Question - Are you trying to see if you can get Andy's head to explode?

Haha, no, honest question!!! I have Wheaton on my comp tag and I would like to know what I'm going to get for him.

Someone screwed it up already, but we all psychically agreed to save CT players until the end. I thought.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22548

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:21 pm

You cannot bid on your Compensation Tagged players. You cannot bid 0 or 1 or 1,000. You cannot bid on them on weekends, weekdays or holidays. Not in a box, not on a fox and not fro the docks.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10034

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:23 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
You cannot bid on your Compensation Tagged players.  You cannot bid 0 or 1 or 1,000.  You cannot bid on them on weekends, weekdays or holidays.  Not in a box, not on a fox and not fro the docks.

What if I like green eggs and ham though?


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22548

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:24 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Question- can we start a thread for our Comp Tag player and just start with 0 WB's? Or do we have to wait for someone to start one which may be down the line?

Question - Are you trying to see if you can get Andy's head to explode?

Haha, no, honest question!!! I have Wheaton on my comp tag and I would like to know what I'm going to get for him.

Someone screwed it up already, but we all psychically agreed to save CT players until the end.  I thought.

I did not agree to save em til the end. For bidders, there is really no reason to view these players any differently if you ask me...if you are going to bid less on a talent bcause the previous owner is going to get the WB, then I would prepare to get outbid because I cannot be the only person here who doesn't give two shits about that outcome...if I get the player I want and that causes you to get 75WB...then congrats to you and congrats to me because I got the player I wanted. I should have gone after CT player with my opening bids now that I think about it because it probably was the best deal considering others fears.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22548

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:25 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
You cannot bid on your Compensation Tagged players.  You cannot bid 0 or 1 or 1,000.  You cannot bid on them on weekends, weekdays or holidays.  Not in a box, not on a fox and not fro the docks.

What if I like green eggs and ham though?

That's just gross. laughing


Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5690

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:25 pm

Poor Andy, he is having a tough Sunday....

ROFL


Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5690

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:26 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Question- can we start a thread for our Comp Tag player and just start with 0 WB's? Or do we have to wait for someone to start one which may be down the line?

Question - Are you trying to see if you can get Andy's head to explode?

Haha, no, honest question!!! I have Wheaton on my comp tag and I would like to know what I'm going to get for him.

Someone screwed it up already, but we all psychically agreed to save CT players until the end.  I thought.

I did not agree to save em til the end.  For bidders, there is really no reason to view these players any differently if you ask me...if you are going to bid less on a talent bcause the previous owner is going to get the WB, then I would prepare to get outbid because I cannot be the only person here who doesn't give two shits about that outcome...if I get the player I want and that causes you to get 75WB...then congrats to you and congrats to me because I got the player I wanted.  I should have gone after CT player with my opening bids now that I think about it because it probably was the best deal considering others fears.

Here is a tought. Saving them until the end prevents the person getting the WBs from spending them until all of the good players are gone.

wink


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22548

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:28 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Question- can we start a thread for our Comp Tag player and just start with 0 WB's? Or do we have to wait for someone to start one which may be down the line?

Question - Are you trying to see if you can get Andy's head to explode?

Haha, no, honest question!!! I have Wheaton on my comp tag and I would like to know what I'm going to get for him.

Someone screwed it up already, but we all psychically agreed to save CT players until the end.  I thought.

I did not agree to save em til the end.  For bidders, there is really no reason to view these players any differently if you ask me...if you are going to bid less on a talent bcause the previous owner is going to get the WB, then I would prepare to get outbid because I cannot be the only person here who doesn't give two shits about that outcome...if I get the player I want and that causes you to get 75WB...then congrats to you and congrats to me because I got the player I wanted.  I should have gone after CT player with my opening bids now that I think about it because it probably was the best deal considering others fears.

Here is a tought.  Saving them until the end prevents the person getting the WBs from spending them until all of the good players are gone.

wink

Right but I don't give a shit because I think most people think too many players are good so I'm unafraid of what ya'll are doing with your WB's....and if I were in TT the point is moot because nobody is spending shit anyway.

wink


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22548

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:30 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Poor Andy, he is having a tough Sunday....

ROFL

No worries. I worked 12 hours with borderline retards to warm up for this shit and Mrs. Eternals understood that I couldn't hang out tonight because I had to go laps about whatever it is I've been arguing about for the last two hours.

I think we can all at least agree that I am a fucktard.


Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3587

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:31 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Question- can we start a thread for our Comp Tag player and just start with 0 WB's? Or do we have to wait for someone to start one which may be down the line?

Question - Are you trying to see if you can get Andy's head to explode?

Haha, no, honest question!!! I have Wheaton on my comp tag and I would like to know what I'm going to get for him.

Someone screwed it up already, but we all psychically agreed to save CT players until the end.  I thought.

I did not agree to save em til the end.  For bidders, there is really no reason to view these players any differently if you ask me...if you are going to bid less on a talent bcause the previous owner is going to get the WB, then I would prepare to get outbid because I cannot be the only person here who doesn't give two shits about that outcome...if I get the player I want and that causes you to get 75WB...then congrats to you and congrats to me because I got the player I wanted.  I should have gone after CT player with my opening bids now that I think about it because it probably was the best deal considering others fears.

Oops! I forgot to add a smiley. It was a joke.

tongue laughing Laughing tongue


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22548

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:34 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Question- can we start a thread for our Comp Tag player and just start with 0 WB's? Or do we have to wait for someone to start one which may be down the line?

Question - Are you trying to see if you can get Andy's head to explode?

Haha, no, honest question!!! I have Wheaton on my comp tag and I would like to know what I'm going to get for him.

Someone screwed it up already, but we all psychically agreed to save CT players until the end.  I thought.

I did not agree to save em til the end.  For bidders, there is really no reason to view these players any differently if you ask me...if you are going to bid less on a talent bcause the previous owner is going to get the WB, then I would prepare to get outbid because I cannot be the only person here who doesn't give two shits about that outcome...if I get the player I want and that causes you to get 75WB...then congrats to you and congrats to me because I got the player I wanted.  I should have gone after CT player with my opening bids now that I think about it because it probably was the best deal considering others fears.

Oops!  I forgot to add a smiley.  It was a joke.  

tongue laughing Laughing tongue

ROFL I think maybe, just maybe...I might be in argumentative mode...so that's on me.


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:37 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I think maybe, just maybe...I might be in argumentative debate mode...so that's on me.

Nothing wrong with that vote yes


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:41 pm

I wish I could've used my Comp tag, but any player but most of the guys that would be worth it (i.e. get over 10 WB on) I wanted a chance to keep if the price was right, so I skipped it this year.


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:42 pm

New England Nineties wrote:
I guess I'm the price police this year. Starting QB1 for 26 WB's? Not on my watch.

There's are 5 players at the table with an excessive chip lead. They are going to play. It's just a matter of time before they realize they aren't going to be dealt the perfect hand to play with. It's only a matter of time. So sit back and wait for the paint to dry.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2300

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:51 pm

Only starting auctions on players you're interested in is kind of ridiculous isn't it? If you want to get WB's spent why not start auctions on people who you know will get someone to spend some big numbers. Isn't that a strategy? the more auctions there are the clearer the big picture gets. At this point it's kind of ridiculous not to have 20-24 auctions going at all times.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22548

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:57 pm

Through all of my arguing, I completely forgot about that aspect. I couldn't not open an auction at this point for that very reason. In order to get others to get caught, you have to through some bait in the water.


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5087

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:58 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Only starting auctions on players you're interested in is kind of ridiculous isn't it? If you want to get WB's spent why not start auctions on people who you know will get someone to spend some big numbers. Isn't that a strategy? the more auctions there are the clearer the big picture gets. At this point it's kind of ridiculous not to have 20-24 auctions going at all times.
Shhhhh. No need to introduce logic right now.


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3355

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:43 pm

Come on TT! You high rollers need to start spending your cash!


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3355

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:45 pm

My 30 WBs is causing a pretty boring RFA for me tired . Good things come to those who wait, so I guess I will just sit tight


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7974

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:05 am

I dont care how much WB's I have, I wont be happy until I steal a Franchise Tagged player...


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   

Back to top Go down
 
The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: