Share | 

The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:17 pm

It' almost time everyone!!!  overhead

So right now I want to give everyone all the information I have so that we're all on the same page as we get RFA rockin'!

First, all teams tags have been processed and franchises have been charged accordingly.  Double check your players and Warbucks and report to me immediately if there is a discrepancy but I am confident so triple check yourself to ensure if you are coming to me that you're right.  Thanks.

When it comes to the RFA Trackers (spreadsheets), at this point everyone should know where to find them.  If not, in our menu up top, under EVENTS (left side).  Between Justin, Corey and myself we aim to have those spreadsheets as up-to-date as possible so familiarize yourself with what they look like and what means what.  I haven't looked since last night but I'll bet they already have it current...if not, it will be before we get started.

Now, Section V of our bylaws is something that everyone should read on the next 48 hours just to ensure you're all set on what's going on here...

Our RFA Session begins on Sunday April 3rd at 12:01am CT.  Whatever time was decided would be inconvenient for someone and with a 24-hour clock it really doesn't matter so don't feel the need to stay up to get in at the buzzer...and don't expect a ton of activity at this early hour.  Be calm people.  When the above time arrives, owners may start auctions according to the terms of STAGE 1 (see bylaw section V).  

I would appreciate it if everyone follows the same format for auction titles...using lower case L's as dividers...like this....
Tiki Barber l RB l Eternals
Jerry Rice l WR l Eternals (FT)
Joe Montana l QB l Eternals (TT)
Randy Moss l WR l Eternals (CT)

This will keep things clean, easy to read and help us ensure all rules are being followed.  Remember, you are not allowed to bid on your CT players.

Our process:
1. Justin (or Corey) will update the RFA Tracker according to what auctions are active or completed.
2. When a bid remains for 24 hours, Justin (or Corey) will declare the winner and lock the thread.  At this point, the owner who started the thread is welcome to start a new one if they wish.
3. Justin (or Corey) will then update the RFA Tracker to reflect the change in status.
4. When I come across auctions that are completed, I will process the auction.  This means charging franchises the price they paid and moving players.  In most cases, the price is paid like normal.  In the case of Compensation Tags, the price will be paid to the former owner of the player.  I will process these trades and will notate in the comments that this is an RFA-based trade.  In the case of TT's and FT's, draft picks may also be included in these deals.  *It was my intent to allow owners to enact these trades but for now I will be the only person to do them to reduce the risk of errors being made, if nothing but between tracking and follow-through*  I will then edit the auction thread title to GREY (indicating it's completed) and change the title to reflect the end result of the action (including price) like I used to.  If this item is confusing, you'll catch on quick once we get going.
5. Completed Auctions (GREY) will remain in the Auction Rooms (like we did last year) and because they are locked, they'll just fade down the list as active auctions are bumped to the top of the list.
6. When the RFA session ends, if things were done right, players will be on the right franchises and owners will be given 72 hours to release any 0-year players they do not want to retain (at no charge).  After this point, while they will keep a 0-year contract you'll be on the hook for a minimum 1 year deal for all players on roster.

RECAP:
DO NOT TRADE 0-YEAR PLAYERS ONCE RFA BEGINS. PERIOD!
DO NOT PROCESS AUCTIONS BY TRADING ASSETS...ONLY I WILL BE DOING THAT FOR NOW.
DO NOT BID ON YOUR OWN COMPENSATION TAG PLAYERS.
DO NOT VIOLATION THE TERMS OF BYLAW SECTION V.
MAKE SURE YOU ARE ONLY PARTICIPATING IN THE SECTION FOR YOUR CONFERENCE!!!

Now, what questions do you have?  We will use this thread for questions and general RFA session chatter.
I will edit this OP if/when I discover information that I forgot to include.

Last edited by Minnesota Eternals on Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:23 pm

Owners are still allowed to start their own tagged player auctions by bidding 1 more WB....suppose I gotta remind ya'll about that but I still hate that shit and I already have a note to bring it up again in January. I am confident there is a solution that will punt this retarded practice while hopefully addressing some peoples fears that they might get hosed by a late auction on their player when they are unable to defend them (which was kinda the point anyway).

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:32 pm

35 1/2 hours away, I have my alarm set. Let's rock this bitches!

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:39 pm

I'll be at work and plan on being up and bidding.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:51 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Owners are still allowed to start their own tagged player auctions by bidding 1 more WB....suppose I gotta remind ya'll about that but I still hate that shit and I already have a note to bring it up again in January.  I am confident there is a solution that will punt this retarded practice while hopefully addressing some peoples fears that they might get hosed by a late auction on their player when they are unable to defend them (which was kinda the point anyway).

I was just thinking about this topic and came up with an idea. It sounds like you've already got an idea, but I'll share what my brilliant mind came up with. Maybe it's the same thing. Smart minds think alike. We could have a "fee" of say 5 or 10 war bucks that a team can place on their tag. This fee will have the player "automatically" placed on the auction block at the start of RFA. The fee would be non-refundable.
Neutral

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:54 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Owners are still allowed to start their own tagged player auctions by bidding 1 more WB....suppose I gotta remind ya'll about that but I still hate that shit and I already have a note to bring it up again in January.  I am confident there is a solution that will punt this retarded practice while hopefully addressing some peoples fears that they might get hosed by a late auction on their player when they are unable to defend them (which was kinda the point anyway).

I was just thinking about this topic and came up with an idea. It sounds like you've already got an idea, but I'll share what my brilliant mind came up with. Maybe it's the same thing. Smart minds think alike. We could have a "fee" of say 5 or 10 war bucks that a team can place on their tag. This fee will have the player "automatically" placed on the auction block at the start of RFA. The fee would be non-refundable.
Neutral

That is actually a great idea, I love it. I expect that would happen for next year though right?

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:00 pm

eating popcorn eating popcorn eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:01 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

Neutral

Not a fan. I think another owner should have to start the bidding...

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:04 pm

I'm so so so excited to get this started that I can barely contain myself

Neutral

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:05 pm

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKIN' A RIGHT DOGGY, LET'S DO THIS! 

Neutral

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:07 pm

I vote we postpone it a week so Carla can get back.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:08 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
I vote we postpone it a week so Carla can get back.

I don't.  Evil laugh

This is why Carla hates me. She is checking though, she posted a bunch yesterday!  love

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:07 pm

I'm assuming everyone has refreshed themselves on the bylaws but here is the most important part

Quote :
When RFA starts, each owner may nominate up to TWO players for auction

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:04 pm

Not a terrible idea Shawn...I haven't gotten that far even...I just think there has to be a solution that will suffice for both sides of the issue...it's illogical and against the spirit of the shit to allow fuckers to just open the bidding on their own players but it didn't get addressed in January so we'll just have to live with it this year.

Nothing is changing Nick...

Carla assured me she is just fine and will be present enough to not miss out on anyone.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:15 pm

Reminder that if you see "n/a" instead of franchise initials next to a player on the sheet, it just means nobody has matching rights.  I guess we just don't list an origin team in the thread title if we open bidding on one.

Last edited by Baja Beatniks on Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:18 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Reminder that if you see "n/a" instead of franchise initials next to a player in the sheet, it just means nobody haa matching rights.  I guess we just don't list an origin team in the thread title if we open bidding on one.

Correct...can leave team black or put NO FRANCHISE or something...whatever

Thanks

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:37 pm

I'm hoping for no whining about how long it takes people to bid...for two reasons...

1. We get a 24 hour clock...
2. I just don't think there is any point to stalling combined with that I don't think we have the type of owners that would do it just to be tools.

While it does suck when it gets close to expiring and then gets re-upped...I am going to continue approaching it with the mindset that if that occurs there is probably a point (even if it's not readily identifiable or if I may not agree with the logic behind it).

Every year, the RFA thing has gone well in my eyes. Having some patience is all one needs.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:08 pm

I am so excited.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:16 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
I am so excited.

And you just can't hide it?

metal

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:21 pm

And back at Tyrant's HQ

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:50 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
And back at Tyrant's HQ

FREE AGENCYYYYYYYYY!!! I NEEEEEEEEED THAT!!!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:38 pm

Hey Shawn....look at Craigs post above...can't believe I even noticed it but didn't we fix shit so his sig wouldn't float up like that?
edit: and mine here....

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:13 pm

Hey Shawn....look at Craigs post above...can't believe I even noticed it but didn't we fix shit so his sig wouldn't float up like that?

Shit. I used two different copies of the css file. Lost that stuff. I'll rebuild it and make a note not to do that shit again.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:17 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

Shit. I used two different copies of the css file. Lost that stuff. I'll rebuild it and make a note not to do that shit again.

I only vaguely understand what you wrote but thanks for doing this for the league -- it's part of what sets RW apart from other leagues.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:17 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

I wish I knew 10% of the shit you know when it comes to this.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:46 pm

should be ready to go boss man.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:16 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
should be ready to go boss man.

Thanks. Looks good.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:19 am

Now Shawn has the gap!!!!!!!!    Neutral                EDIT: AND NOW I DO!!!    Neutral Neutral Neutral

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:58 am

Don't forget that fancy thing you do boss man. Version update.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:11 am

Do we drop all the zero contract guys off our rosters like we did last year?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:13 am

Do we drop all the zero contract guys off our rosters like we did last year?

No.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:14 am

Morrison Minions wrote:

Shit. After work.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:16 am

Morrison Minions wrote:

Shit. After work.

What a company man. Id rather get paid while I shit.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:19 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

Shit. After work.

What a company man. Id rather get paid while I shit.
I'm with Shawn. Sometimes I hold it in so I can shit while i get to work. I use extra toilet paper at work too cause I dont have to pay for it. Neutral

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:22 am

See what happens when there aren't a bunch of asterisks and the word "official" in the thread title? Important threads devolve into shit. laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:26 am

Baja Beatniks wrote:
See what happens when there aren't a bunch of asterisks and the word "official" in the thread title?  Important threads devolve into shit. laughing  

Literally!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:28 pm

I am ready to go, I think...

Don't like Shawn's idea above for tagged players... I believe I have made my case before, but either RFA's are done alone in a separate auction with UFA's to follow afterwards, like almost every other league in the world does... Or if we are going to combine RFA and UFA together like we do in RW it is only fair that owners can bring up their own tagged players for auction. It wouldn't be fair to have to sit their and wait to see what happens with your RFA while a bunch of other UFA players (that you could have bid on) come and go... Also, lot's of guys may use the strategy to let a tagged player get bid up to a point to take the pick and be refunded the original funds they used so they can spend it on another FA after pocketing the draft pick... Again it wouldn't be fair to force an owner to sit there waiting for something to happen til the end of the auction period, that would totally take that strategy off the table... My 2cents which I will passionately re-post and expound upon should this topic come up again next January...

Other than that I am excited for RFA's this year... let's go...

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:42 pm

To me, it seems logical that owners have already started bidding on their FT and TT players by tagging them. There are 50 and 25 WB bids on them already so their clocks could start as soon as the RFA session opens. Then you eliminate the silly aspect of owners bidding against themselves. If you used both FT and TT, then those are the first two auctions you've opened and your opponents are immediately on the clock. No need to get fancier than that.

Anyway...whatever.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:47 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
To me, it seems logical that owners have already started bidding on their FT and TT players by tagging them.  There are 50 and 25 WB bids on them already so their clocks could start as soon as the RFA session opens.  Then you eliminate the silly aspect of owners bidding against themselves.  If you used both FT and TT, then those are the first two auctions you've opened and your opponents are immediately on the clock.  No need to get fancier than that.

Anyway...whatever.

good post

This.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:57 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:
To me, it seems logical that owners have already started bidding on their FT and TT players by tagging them.  There are 50 and 25 WB bids on them already so their clocks could start as soon as the RFA session opens.  Then you eliminate the silly aspect of owners bidding against themselves.  If you used both FT and TT, then those are the first two auctions you've opened and your opponents are immediately on the clock.  No need to get fancier than that.

Anyway...whatever.

good post

This.

Good point, I agree

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:05 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:

Anyway...whatever.

good post

This.

Good point, I agree

I do too, but I'd be willing to meet at a middle ground for those that are passionately against this.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:45 pm

Yep, 100% approve of C-Bone's message.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:36 pm

I have never really liked where somehow all tagged auctions start running from the get go, in the leagues I run, RFA is a separate beast from UFA and a players auction clock doesn't start running until he is bid on by another team. If all auctions started simultaneously, most players would be retained... I like giving teams the chance to bid on players and if they strike out and the player is retained, they can move on to another player and see what happens, I think it is more interesting that way. That is generally how RW works right now except with UFAs thrown in, I am okay with it how it is, only so long as owners have the right to force the issue with their own tagged players...

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:46 pm

How about this for a thought? If you want to bid on your own guy you must increase the bid by 5 WBS instead of 1?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:02 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
How about this for a thought? If you want to bid on your own guy you must increase the bid by 5 WBS instead of 1?

No, players have already been paid for via the tag, it is barely acceptable to pay the $1 to start the auction... why should it cost more? If anything it should cost nothing, the price of starting the auction should be built into the cost of the tag already....

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:17 pm

I like the current way it is. You want to use the lame strategy (even if its lame) of starting your own player auction pay the 1 wb extra and do it. I do not like the idea of separate auctions, and I also dont like the idea of starting them off the bat in an automatic fashion.
What we do now works.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:00 pm

What we do now works.

Except for the fact that Andy has said it is not going to work that way after this season.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:36 pm

i like it now too - except for that

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:59 pm

Yeah I haven't really heard, nor can I come up with a better way to do it than we now have so failing that why would we change it?
Is this some kind of unilateral RWP change or is it the normal requires 75% to pass...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread   

Back to top Go down

The 2016 RESTRICTED FREE AGENCY thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: