Pacific Puffins
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
Austin Four Horsemen
22 posters
AuthorMessage
Austin Four Horsemen

Austin Four Horsemen

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Empty
PostSubject: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 4:48 pm

1. I'm Chance Patrick, currently residing in Pflugerville, TX (Just outside of Austin). However we sold our home, are closing tomorrow actually, and plan to move into Austin proper.

2. I played redraft leagues in high school with my family and friends. Stopped doing that for a few years, then jumped back into redraft again with some buddies in college. Then stopped that for a few years. However, back in 2011 I got curious, I think just on a whim, about more in depth type fantasy leagues. Probably after playing franchise mode on Madden. Anyhow I stumbled across DLF and found a free Salary Cap Dynasty league and just dove into it from there. I won that league in the third year, it's last year.

I had been bitten by the bug at that point and found that league (Hosted on Fantrax) to not be active enough so I created Legion Dynasty League, which was of a similiar vein as the first one: RFA, UFA, contracts, extensions, options, etc. I've commissioned that league now for 3 years and heading strong into year 4. In 2014 I started Legion 2.0, after coming across Roster Wars I essentially ripped off the whole concept, sorry guys! The by-laws were similiar and a lot of the concepts in boosting activity were simliar granted I am no were near as adamant about posting as you guys. I also created some unique systems for Legion 2, specifically the Player Tier system which takes every player and evaluates them on their previous years performance and then adjusts their salary, causing some to hold-out if they want more money. If anyone is curious: league bylaws are here: http://legiondynastylg2.proboards.com. That league is going into year 3, very strong as well in fact with a repeating champ from year 1 and 2. Also fun fact but Agent actually did the design work for Legion 2's MFL page.  

Continuing a too long story, I started Legion Beer League in 2015. Its a much more casual salary cap dynasty league where each member send local craft beer to division mates and the winner gets a beer box from everyone. I also play in a Superflex salary cap league and another sort of hybrid Keeper/redraft/dynasty league hosted on NFL.com/Google+ .....seriously on Google+....its ridiculous.

As for hosting: Legion 1 is on Fantrax, Legion Beer is on Fantrax, Legion 2.0 is on MFL, Superflex League is on MFL and the above hybrid league is on NFL.com.

3. The intensity of every owner being always active and competitive. I find as a hobby I want to be surrounded by people that are constantly thinking of the same thing and Roster Wars exemplifies that.

4. Well since I commish 3 leagues I'd say about 5 during January-March, and slowly picking up to around 7 or 8 during the heaviest parts of the off-season and during the season.

5. It may be a simple story and probably not all that exciting but one of my favorite memories was in the Startup Auction for Legion 2.0 I traded Cecil Shorts for a teams 2015 1st. I'm not sure why he did it but he did. That pick turned into 1.1 and Todd Gurley this last draft and I've been laughing ever since. For some reason in that league I have had some weird luck with RBs because in year 1 I traded Demarco Murray for LeVeon Bell really early and he then blew up, I got Gurley and David Johnson in last years draft and haven't looked back. On the flip side my QB was Nick Foles so you win some and you lose some.

6. As an owner, I am guessing they would say I am kind of a stingy trader, a solid drafter, and a pretty good owner overall. Since i commish most of my leagues I am the most active so I don't think that would be fair for other owners to asses.

7. Nothing much, I've watched from the sidelines long enough, time to get in on the action.

8. Place me in as a prospect.

Cheers everyone - Chance
Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 4:52 pm

Welcome man.... Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Cool that you have your own RW-like setup.

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Siggad13
Back to top Go down
Austin Four Horsemen

Austin Four Horsemen

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 4:56 pm

Yeah, it is no where near the level as RW but it was inspiring coming across RW the first time. To be honest I have no idea why I didn't apply the first time but I guess I dove into my own project.

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigfourhorsemen
Back to top Go down
Pacific Puffins

Pacific Puffins

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 5:06 pm

Welcome Chance. I'm glad you found us cheers

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigpuf13
Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 5:06 pm

Welcome Chance! Make sure you dive into some of the other sections on the forum. Hope you stick around

cheers

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigpig15
Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 5:08 pm

Glad you found us Chance. Hope you become a active member of our community.

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigred18
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 5:23 pm

Welcome Chance. Hang around and join in where you can. It's fun here.

cheers

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigdra13
Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 5:30 pm

Welcome to RW.  Glad you took a moment to stop by and say hi this time.  

Given the formation and story behind Legion 2.0, it might be interesting to hear what parts of the rules here you tweaked/modified/deleted/expanded.

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigbrawlers
Back to top Go down
Austin Four Horsemen

Austin Four Horsemen

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 5:33 pm

Russ, I will have to dive into that sometime. To be honest, I mostly cut out a good bit of the harcore part of it. I only expect owners to vote in official polls, discussions, etc, but have no monthly activity requirements.

I added a owner Prestige Point system, a riff on War Bucks. I don't know...the rules here are so extensive I'm pretty sure it would take me quite a while to actually go in and compare/contrast.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 5:57 pm

Chance- welcome to RW. You will love it here. Post early and often!

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigtyr14
Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 6:01 pm

Welcome Chance

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigmus15
Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi Chance. Welcome and hope all goes smoothly with the closing. See ya 'round!

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigbeatniks
Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 7:08 pm

Great to have you hear Chance

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Siggrowlers
Back to top Go down
Colorado Crusaders

Colorado Crusaders

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 8:16 pm

welcome2 Happy to have you...Enjoy your stay; just remember: Roster Wars can be habit forming. excited dance

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigcru15
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 8:22 pm

welcome chance

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Siggoo18
Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 8:46 pm

Welcome to RW.

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Siggol13
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 8:51 pm

Welcome Chance..........we need a member like you.

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigmay18
Back to top Go down
Austin Four Horsemen

Austin Four Horsemen

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 9:35 pm

Not sure what that means Carla.... raise eyebrow .....but thanks. I look forward to being a part of the community. Even in 5 hours that I've been around its amazing seeing the activity and chatter.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 11:05 pm

Chance, welcome to Roster Wars rock on

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigsil14
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 1:00 am

Well what's up dude!!!! Always nice to see a familiar face dropping in looking to join us. Granted it has been an odd day for me but seeing 15 others welcoming you before me should tell ya what to expect in terms of activity.

As others have said, jump right in and participate wherever and I'll get you all set up in our prospect process asap. It's late so I'll hit ya up more tomorrow.

welcome2

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigete14
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 4:26 am

Welcome Chance!

cheers

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigbom11
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 4:50 am

Austin 4 Horsemen wrote:
Not sure what that means Carla.... raise eyebrow .....but thanks. I look forward to being a part of the community. Even in 5 hours that I've been around its amazing seeing the activity and chatter.

It means youre quite involved in many facets of fantasy football. Youre a player, commish, forum leader, and the various types of leagues you have participated in shows youre not afraid to try something different.

Welcome again.

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigmay18
Back to top Go down
San Tropez Eclipse

San Tropez Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 7:24 am

Welcome Chance!
Cheers!

cheers

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigeclipse
Back to top Go down
Saint Johns Venomous Mocs

Saint Johns Venomous Mocs

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 9:06 am

From one newbie prospect to another, welcome aboard!

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigvenomousmocs
Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Welcome Chance! And congrats on the move!

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigkni10
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 11:17 am

Just realized altho we've been in touch by email I didn't actually post here!

I know we have other commish's in our ranks but that seems like a lot on your plate already to add a league like RW, wow!

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigafr15
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 11:17 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Just realized altho we've been in touch by email I didn't actually post here! So most importantly a warm welcome

I know we have other commish's in our ranks but that seems like a lot on your plate already to add a league like RW, wow!

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigafr15
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 3:56 pm

I am missing something or did Ian just quote himself here???

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigbom11
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 7:36 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
I am missing something or did Ian just quote himself here???

Post hoarder!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Pacific Puffins

Pacific Puffins

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 7:41 pm

Sometimes people just like to hear themselves speak

Back to top Go down
Pacific Puffins

Pacific Puffins

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 7:41 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 7:43 pm

This should be the official quote your own post thread. Right Shawn?

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 12:58 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

laughing

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Sigdra13
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)   Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance) Empty

Back to top Go down

Austin 4 Horsemen (Chance)
Page 1 of 1