HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:50 am

Hey folks, there is a pretty big change occurring today in Kingdom City. Owners Brian and Carla are graciously going to separate because co-ownership is just very difficult (especially in a league of this caliber). All is well between them I assure you. From there, I have spoken to both of them multiple times and let them know that it's my decision that Carla will remain in control of the franchise and Brian will take his position on our waitlist (position #2 behind Tom) and he'll bring the Growlers back to play at the first chance he gets...he's not going anywhere.

Carla will be bringing a new team to Roster Wars. Stay tuned!

Accompanying all of this, I am making an executive decision effective immediately to remove Bylaw D.2 because quite honestly I have no faith that there are two people out there who could do it better than Brian and Carla. As far as the league is concerned, there is one owner per franchise...if you opt to ask for advice from someone and collaborate with an outsider that is your business...but there are too many downsides for the league (and me especially) by trying this again. I am blessed that these two are not only good friends on mine and eachother but they both are stand up people overall making this situation fairly simple.

I look forward to having them both continue on with us and not being joined at the hip anymore. I am sure you all look forward to not having to figure out which is which between the purple/yellow blur.

May they both build their own empires here in Roster Wars!!!!

cheers

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:56 am

Kinda feel bad for Brian

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:56 am

WOW! Well, congrats to both of you I guess. Excited to see your team colors Carla.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:04 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Kinda feel bad for Brian

As do I...honestly I want everyone to be able to play. I like having a prospect process and a waitlist but I don't like that that means folks are waiting to play.....it's something I am thinking about all of the time. The RWTC was one idea and I like it but I am still always pondering shit like that.

Brian is a real good dude and a great owner...he'll get back before you know it.

Back to top Go down
San Tropez Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:05 pm

party8

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:11 pm

Appreciate that you were willing to give this a go, Andy. Also understand why it won't be an option going forward. Glad to hear that we're not losing either of them as members of Roster Wars.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:13 pm

Great timing with RFA and the draft. I think they managed the team well and compromised well but I got the feeling that they didn't eye to eye on draft picks and trades. I'm looking forward to them both having teams down the road. I have a feeling Carla's colors may be similar to Notre Dame, just a hunch.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:32 pm

I think it's a great move. When involved in trade talks I've sensed some frustration when one has been keen on a deal but the other not so much. It can make things very difficult.

Really pleased that both Carla and Brian are staying with us - they are both great parts of Roster Wars.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:35 pm

This isnt easy for me by any means. I already miss Brian in many ways. He used to protect me from all the "girl trade offers" Now I have to deal with you savages on my own without the support group.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:37 pm

BUT.........I appreciate the understanding and glad to be here.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:48 pm

Wow.  Big news at the RWDOC.  Although I'm not surprised.  Carla and Brian are both great owners but it's gotta be tough to try to run a team together.  I have that setup in one of my dynasty leagues and they can never agree on anything, particularly when it comes to trading because at least one guy is always high on one of the players you want.

Great to see that they both will still be around.  And this might be a good break for Brian given how things have ramped up at work lately.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:08 pm

I shared a team my first year in FF...which only made sense. Since then, there is no way I could do it. Besides the obvious agreeing and disagreeing aspect, just the fact that I am so impatient evn if my co-owner agreed with everything I said I would never make it.

If there was the ability to give them both a team today, they would both be psyched I'm sure. Brian understands that with just one team, I have to go with the person who has more flexibility TODAY for the club. As I said, he's not going anywhere and if history has taught us anything, his wait won't be as long as it may appear right now.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:16 pm

not sure what to say - never had to deal with having a partner, probably never will - happy for Carla and even though I don't like turnover I hope Brian can get back in soon

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:48 pm

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:
This isnt easy for me by any means.  I already miss Brian in many ways.  He used to protect me from all the "girl trade offers"   Now I have to deal with you savages on my own without the support group.

Wow. Guess coming out as a woman to RW was a mistake after all. Given all of the abuse you've received from us sexist assholes. Sorry fir all you've had to endure, Carla.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:22 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
This isnt easy for me by any means.  I already miss Brian in many ways.  He used to protect me from all the "girl trade offers"   Now I have to deal with you savages on my own without the support group.

Wow.  Guess coming out as a woman to RW was a mistake after all.  Given all of the abuse you've received from us sexist assholes.  Sorry fir all you've had to endure, Carla.

Naw that wasnt really what I meant.  RW is not like other leagues.  Never dealt with that here, always figured it was because Brian was my partner

***but youre all savages***

For Nick troll

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:39 pm

Wow, this is good news and kinda bad news...

Good news for Carla, as she now has full control of the Growlers! Congrats Carla

Bad news in a way for Brian, as he now has been put on the wait list. Really not all that bad as he is still in RW and could eventually take over a team. But I could see where co-ownership could be a headache

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:40 pm

Totally thought you guys were just kicking my ass out.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:42 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:

We still dont know everything we need to know about bees, so youre safe.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:44 pm

We still dont know everything we need to know about bees, so youre safe.

I MUST JEALOUSLY GUARD THE KNOWLEDGE!

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:57 pm

There's still 22 more days until tags have to be declared Mr. Corporate.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:01 pm

Since when have we been able to trade girls on here?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:52 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Since when have we been able to trade girls on here?

I signed off on nothing but I am listening to proposals. lol3

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:43 pm

Maybe now this new team can actually get a trade done? I mean trying to trade with that two headed monster is like trying to convince a turk to take a shower. Good talk.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:34 pm

That is really interesting news. I understand the dynamic of co-owners. My son and I co-manage a team and we argue alot. I am happy that this worked out well for everyone. Carla and Brian are both great assets and really nice people

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:05 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Maybe now this new team can actually get a trade done? I mean trying to trade with that two headed monster is like trying to convince a turk to take a shower. Good talk.

It's not any different. Tried to work with Carla and put a good offer in front of her. It's her, it's not Brian that held up trades. wink

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:20 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

It's not any different. Tried to work with Carla and put a good offer in front of her. It's her, it's not Brian that held up trades. wink

Watch it, boy.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:21 pm

You put the offer out there for a couple hours. We had open dialog for several emails, you pulled the trade......who didnt get the deal done? Me?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:35 pm

You put the offer out there for a couple hours.  We had open dialog for several emails,  you pulled the trade......who didnt get the deal done?  Me?

Carla, don't blame me for your non-counter and saying it wasn't enough. Just joking, we just weren't quite there, no one to blame. We had good back and forth, and that's all you can ask for in a trade that came close.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:48 pm

These thread titles suck.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
You put the offer out there for a couple hours.  We had open dialog for several emails,  you pulled the trade......who didnt get the deal done?  Me?

Carla, don't blame me for your non-counter and saying it wasn't enough. Just joking, we just weren't quite there, no one to blame. We had good back and forth, and that's all you can ask for in a trade that came close.

I feel bad for Brian, will he be able to meet the posting requirement on the waitlist? can Carla and Brian still split posts so if Carla gets 53 and Brian gets 2 they both end up with 26.5 each? I say we give Brian a year where his every 1 post counts for 5 posts each so if he gets 10 posts he gets 50 total.
Then again look at this post for instance? is this really worthy of counting as a post? I mean my math is right at least right? right? maybe? right? I dont know...
Anyway good talk.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:56 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Its actually this thread's title sucks. By saying these thread titles suck you're implying that there are more then one titles and that they all suck and maybe I am in the minority but I feel that is very rude. I mean its enough that the threads one title sucks but lets not quaentaply it to more then one? This bring us to two points now.

1. is quaentaply a word?
2. Is string theory real?
3. If string theory is real then with the multiverse being reality maybe there are more thread titles that suck and you were originally correct?
4. If you were correct, maybe quaentaply is a real word in a weird not normal universe where I can make up words that are really not made up words?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:00 pm

Mind blown.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:05 pm

I was in a partnership for a redraft team for a few years with my buddy. Not many trades, but working out draft strategy was sometimes difficult, so I cant imagine sharing a dynasty team with the amount of moves necessary to make.

Good luck to both on their individual ownership!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:14 pm

The best part about co-managing is always having someone to talk to your team about. Agreeing on moves is very hard though, especially if it isn't someone you see regularly. This will probably make things easier, but couldn't have been an easy decision.

Looking forward to seeing the new team info

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:14 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Its actually this thread's title sucks. By saying these thread titles suck you're implying that there are more then one titles and that they all suck and maybe I am in the minority but I feel that is very rude. I mean its enough that the threads one title sucks but lets not quaentaply it to more then one? This bring us to two points now.

1. is quaentaply a word?
2. Is string theory real?
3. If string theory is real then with the multiverse being reality maybe there are more thread titles that suck and you were originally correct?
4. If you were correct, maybe quaentaply is a real word in a weird not normal universe where I can make up words that are really not made up words?

I was referring to all threads that have this title. I'll leave it to you to find the other ones.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:08 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
and Brian will take his position on our wait-list (position #2 behind Tom) and he'll bring the Growlers back to play at the first chance he gets...he's not going anywhere.

Hey everyone...

This is a very awkward and unique situation.  Andy has taken measures to ensure dual ownership does not occur in the future; so that suddenly having an Owner without a team, will not be an issue going forward.  But, I'm not comfortable being ahead of Brian on the waiting list.  In my eyes he is simply an "owner" without a team...He has paid his dues, and participated as such.  I have not yet been granted the privilege, so it just makes sense that he be placed in the number one spot.  

Neither Brian nor the Boss, approached me about this; but I did clear it with Andy prior to posting.  I am totally cool with this, and believe it is simply the right thing to do; not sure I would ever feel like I earned it otherwise.

So, good luck to Carla as she moves on as a solo owner of ??????; we are all excited to see where she takes the team. thumbsup     Brian will have first crack to jump back in, when the opportunity arises.    vote yes   And, I'll have more time to study the play-book... lol3  

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:23 pm

Wow Tom, that is admirable. Says a lot about you! clap

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:38 pm

Cheers to Tom!

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:57 pm

Props to you Tom

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I feel bad for Brian, will he be able to meet the posting requirement on the waitlist? can Carla and Brian still split posts so if Carla gets 53 and Brian gets 2 they both end up with 26.5 each?  I say we give Brian a year where his every 1 post counts for 5 posts each so if he gets 10 posts he gets 50 total.
Then again look at this post for instance? is this really worthy of counting as a post? I mean my math is right at least right? right? maybe? right? I dont know...
Anyway good talk.

Hey, I've been meeting the posting reqs without the help of any girl!! poking

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

I appreciate all the kind words and Carla and I remain good friends. If there was an owner that I could co-own with she was the owner.

Thanks for the offer to let me bump up Tom, very awesome gesture. You have also paid your dues and I feel being #2 on the wait list is where I deserve to be. I'm just gonna post and keep my spot safe while all you other a-holes are going thru free agency and the rookie draft

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:16 pm

After reading this thread I want to expand the league to 26 teams.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:42 am

very classy Tom

bow

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:18 am

Nice gesture Tom - more evidence that you are a great fit around here.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:51 am

This is why we are all here. Makes me want to share my team with Tom.

I kid
I kid
I kid
smile and wave

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:56 am

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
and Brian will take his position on our wait-list (position #2 behind Tom) and he'll bring the Growlers back to play at the first chance he gets...he's not going anywhere.

Neither Brian nor the Boss, approached me about this; but I did clear it with Andy prior to posting.  I am totally cool with this, and believe it is simply the right thing to do; not sure I would ever feel like I earned it otherwise.

[/color][/b]

Actually Tom you did just earn it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:36 am

Tom. General Patton didn't invade Siberia by being nice, I dont know what you..... ..... Oh wait different timeline nevermind.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:16 am

Connnnngrats?

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:23 am

high five

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:51 am

Tom for badass of the year!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******   

Back to top Go down

****** OWNERSHIP CHANGE ******
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1