HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 
 

 Roster Wars website ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:54 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Would it be possible to hyperlink the signature banners to each team's roster page?

I think it might be better if we put another button below the sigs. I know if the sigs were a link, then I would accidentally click them. That would eventually make me throw my phone and break it.


Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3587

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:59 am

Shawn, is there anything you can do with MFL player sort options?  Like Eric is talking about in the RFA thread?  We can pull up top performers and we can pull of top free agents, but is there a way you can tinker with things to let us pull up only rostered players with 0 years and have it provide the normal sort options (points, average points)?




Last edited by Baja Beatniks on Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:08 am

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Shawn, is there anything you can do with MFL player sort options?  Like Eric is talking about in the RFA thread?  We can pull up top performers and we can pull of top free agents, but is there a way you can tinker with things to let us pull up only players only rostered players with 0 years and have it provide the normal sort options (points, average points)?

I don't think I can do anything to separate them. But the idea I have is to highlight the row a certain color for players with a 0 year contract.


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7290

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:10 am

IF ITS AN ESY FIX COOL - IF NOT ITS NOT A BIG DEAL


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7290

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:11 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:
Shawn, is there anything you can do with MFL player sort options?  Like Eric is talking about in the RFA thread?  We can pull up top performers and we can pull of top free agents, but is there a way you can tinker with things to let us pull up only players only rostered players with 0 years and have it provide the normal sort options (points, average points)?

I don't think I can do anything to separate them. But the idea I have is to highlight the row a certain color for players with a 0 year contract.

THAT WOULD PROBABLY HELP

vote yes


Back to top Go down
Mrs. Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 695

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:21 am

Has anyone told y'all that you are needy...no? Okay well, y'all are needy! wink


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9259

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:22 am

Mrs. Eternals wrote:
Has anyone told y'all that you are needy...no? Okay well, y'all are needy! wink  

Are the Eternals' from the south? I have never met anyone from MN who uses Y'all. Andy used it the other day too. Or are you just those weird people who live in the north and like to talk like they are from the south?   laughing


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5669

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:23 am

This seems unnecessary and distracting (highlighting the rows) - it takes 3 seconds to cut and paste the MFL table into a spreadsheet, filter by 0 years and sort by points...


Back to top Go down
Mrs. Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 695

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:27 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Mrs. Eternals wrote:
Has anyone told y'all that you are needy...no? Okay well, y'all are needy! wink  

Are the Eternals' from the south? I have never met anyone from MN who uses Y'all. Andy used it the other day too. Or are you just those weird people who live in the north and like to talk like they are from the south?   laughing

I've always said y'all, maybe a Montana thing. Andy must have picked it up from me. I also call a soft drink...soda, not pop. Oh and we say anywho quite often as well, so get used to it.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 21976

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:30 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Mrs. Eternals wrote:
Has anyone told y'all that you are needy...no? Okay well, y'all are needy! wink  

Are the Eternals' from the south? I have never met anyone from MN who uses Y'all. Andy used it the other day too. Or are you just those weird people who live in the north and like to talk like they are from the south?   laughing

The lingo in the house is all over the map...our son often is playing with his action figures and carrying on in a British accent, we don't talk southern by any means unless goofing around but I do type "ya'll" a fair amount.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9259

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:35 am

HAHA, it's cool. And by the way Val, it is a bubbler, not a water fountain, right?


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:36 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
This seems unnecessary and distracting (highlighting the rows) - it takes 3 seconds to cut and paste the MFL table into a spreadsheet, filter by 0 years and sort by points...

Smart. I've never thought of doing that. I've always used cntl + F and type in 0. It highlights the number zero.


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7290

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:38 am

Mrs. Eternals wrote:
Has anyone told y'all that you are needy...no? Okay well, y'all are needy! wink  
YOU HAVE NOOOO IDEA HOW NEEDY


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7290

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:41 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
This seems unnecessary and distracting (highlighting the rows) - it takes 3 seconds to cut and paste the MFL table into a spreadsheet, filter by 0 years and sort by points...

THAT SOUNDS LIKE A PAIN IN THE ASS and I CUNT DO IT ANYWHERE BUT HOME


Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5453

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:50 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
This seems unnecessary and distracting (highlighting the rows) - it takes 3 seconds to cut and paste the MFL table into a spreadsheet, filter by 0 years and sort by points...

17 seconds.........is more like it.


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7838

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:02 pm

What the fluck is ya 'all problemo? Sí?


Back to top Go down
Austin Four Horsemen
 
 
avatar

Posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:05 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Mrs. Eternals wrote:
Has anyone told y'all that you are needy...no? Okay well, y'all are needy! wink  

Are the Eternals' from the south? I have never met anyone from MN who uses Y'all. Andy used it the other day too. Or are you just those weird people who live in the north and like to talk like they are from the south?   laughing

Is there another word you can use here? I'm from Texas Y'all!


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4759

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:22 pm

We need to fix the link to the Commish Talk vote from last year where ever we have it on the site.  I noticed that there is a link on the Front Porch First Thing You Read Section.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 21976

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:48 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
We need to fix the link to the Commish Talk vote from last year where ever we have it on the site.  I noticed that there is a link on the Front Porch First Thing You Read Section.

Fixed. Thanks


Back to top Go down
California Nightmare
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Fri May 20, 2016 11:23 pm

For lack of a better place to put this shit and before I forget by next year's winter meetings.

1.) Expand roster year's to 125 or possibly 300 for fuck's sake. Seriously though 125 at least  pray


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5669

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sat May 21, 2016 9:43 am

California Nightmare wrote:
For lack of a better place to put this shit and before I forget by next year's winter meetings.

1.) Expand roster year's to 125 or possibly 300 for fuck's sake. Seriously though 125 at least  pray

Try some forward planning next time laughing


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9259

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sat May 21, 2016 6:56 pm

California Nightmare wrote:
For lack of a better place to put this shit and before I forget by next year's winter meetings.

1.) Expand roster year's to 125 or possibly 300 for fuck's sake. Seriously though 125 at least  pray

I like the idea of a few more WB's, but it's fine the way it is.


Back to top Go down
California Nightmare
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sat May 21, 2016 8:18 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
California Nightmare wrote:
For lack of a better place to put this shit and before I forget by next year's winter meetings.

1.) Expand roster year's to 125 or possibly 300 for fuck's sake. Seriously though 125 at least  pray

Try some forward planning next time laughing

Shut your filthy fucking mouth  wedgie


Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2981

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sun May 22, 2016 1:01 am

Anyone know a trick for accessing the site on cell phones? Every time I bring up the page, the browser automatically picks "mobile" mode which sucks ass, and the forums always log me out and force me to re-login. Just me or just life?


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4759

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sun May 22, 2016 5:12 am

I'm having the same issue after switching to an iPhone. Haven't been able to fix it.


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sun May 22, 2016 7:56 am

You could try to download a different Web browser, but other than that I got nothin


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9259

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sun May 22, 2016 8:36 am

Use safari, never had that problem with my iPhone.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2198

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sun May 22, 2016 9:48 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Use safari, never had that problem with my iPhone.
I also use Safari, no problems here either


Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2981

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sun May 22, 2016 4:03 pm

I'll try safari... have an android and have tried chrome and firefox.


Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4192

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sun May 22, 2016 8:23 pm

Chrome for Android is fine for me. Try clicking the mobile link in the menu in the top right (next to login/out).
Then when in mobile site click drop down in upper right Ave select classic. This fixed it for me awhile back.
You can also try "request desktop site" in the chrome menu.


Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2981

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sun May 22, 2016 9:12 pm

Yea, I just don't like having to click "request desktop site" and login every time i pull up the page.


Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4192

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sun May 22, 2016 9:20 pm

I don't have to click desktop or login every time. The forum remembers the settings. I assume that you're checking the automatic login box?


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4759

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:59 pm

FYI, I just clicked over to the league from an e-mailed trade proposal link.  I didn't click to go to the trade screen, just the main site.  I was taken to a league next steps screen (the one you see when you roll over an MFL league) which appeared momentarily before the site showed up.  Not an issue but wanted to alert someone in case it's a sign of a bigger issue.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 21976

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:24 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
FYI, I just clicked over to the league from an e-mailed trade proposal link.  I didn't click to go to the trade screen, just the main site.  I was taken to a league next steps screen (the one you see when you roll over an MFL league) which appeared momentarily before the site showed up.  Not an issue but wanted to alert someone in case it's a sign of a bigger issue.

That's normal for RW. The HOME address is supposed to reroute you here. From here you can access whatever page.


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:46 am

For those of you that are writing articles, I would like to work with you on your formatting. If you have any ideas that will make your article look professional, email me and we will see what we can work out. Possibilities could be endless. For an idea of what I'm talking about, you can look at my team press room thread and see what I have done with my trade announcements.

If you have an idea, or if you want to steal an idea from another website, I'm sure we can work something out.


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5669

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:12 am

Don't have a ton of ideas but this will be great to up our game.
Let me think...


Back to top Go down
California Nightmare
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:13 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
For those of you that are writing articles, I would like to work with you on your formatting. If you have any ideas that will make your article look professional, email me and we will see what we can work out. Possibilities could be endless. For an idea of what I'm talking about, you can look at my team press room thread and see what I have done with my trade announcements.

If you have an idea, or if you want to steal an idea from another website, I'm sure we can work something out.

vote yes pray

You will be hearing from me.


Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars
 
 
avatar

Posts : 472

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:02 pm

More porn!

Kidding...

But what would be cool is a screen crawl at the bottom (or top?) of the webpage on Thursday, Sunday and Monday that has the latest league scores. Similar to how Fox/CBS do on Sundays, but have RW and TC scores. Would be neat, I guess.

I wasn't kidding about the porn after all...


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:28 pm

Shaferville Stars wrote:
But what would be cool is a screen crawl at the bottom (or top?) of the webpage on Thursday, Sunday and Monday that has the latest league scores. Similar to how Fox/CBS do on Sundays, but have RW and TC scores. Would be neat, I guess.

This is a very good idea. It's such a good idea that I actually made that happen in one league I was in a few years ago. The problem with that is it gets in the way and becomes very annoying in a hurry.


Back to top Go down
California Nightmare
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:25 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Shaferville Stars wrote:
But what would be cool is a screen crawl at the bottom (or top?) of the webpage on Thursday, Sunday and Monday that has the latest league scores. Similar to how Fox/CBS do on Sundays, but have RW and TC scores. Would be neat, I guess.

This is a very good idea. It's such a good idea that I actually made that happen in one league I was in a few years ago. The problem with that is it gets in the way and becomes very annoying in a hurry.

Make it not float. Fill that empty space between the progressive pot and the team banners.


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2331

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:35 pm


I know nothing about web designs or how they work. My only question, is there any way to do a "save draft" type of setup?

I just know when I do my SMAK Predictions, I make sure I have plenty of time to work on it and get it set up on here before I hit send. If there was a way to save drafts, I could work on it in portions. But then again, how do you store a saved draft while active posts are being made in the mean time.

As for anything else, I'm not savy enough to know what I want. laughing I've seen posts Matt has made and I just don't have that type of creativity. So for now, I use the Cut & Paste method of publications. grin


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:42 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:

I know nothing about web designs or how they work.  My only question, is there any way to do a "save draft" type of setup?  

I just know when I do my SMAK Predictions, I make sure I have plenty of time to work on it and get it set up on here before I hit send.  If there was a way to save drafts, I could work on it in portions.  But then again, how do you store a saved draft while active posts are being made in the mean time.  

As for anything else, I'm not savy enough to know what I want. laughing  I've seen posts Matt has made and I just don't have that type of creativity.  So for now, I use the Cut & Paste method of publications. grin

Not really. Only thing I would know to do is ask Andy to setup a section that only you can see. Then you can post away.


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6260

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:00 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:

I know nothing about web designs or how they work.  My only question, is there any way to do a "save draft" type of setup?  

I just know when I do my SMAK Predictions, I make sure I have plenty of time to work on it and get it set up on here before I hit send.  If there was a way to save drafts, I could work on it in portions.  But then again, how do you store a saved draft while active posts are being made in the mean time.  

As for anything else, I'm not savy enough to know what I want. laughing  I've seen posts Matt has made and I just don't have that type of creativity.  So for now, I use the Cut & Paste method of publications. grin

I just type the whole thing in word documents so I can save it, and then take screen shots that I upload as images. There are fancier ways I think, but that works for me.

cheers


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2331

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:56 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

I know nothing about web designs or how they work.  My only question, is there any way to do a "save draft" type of setup?  

I just know when I do my SMAK Predictions, I make sure I have plenty of time to work on it and get it set up on here before I hit send.  If there was a way to save drafts, I could work on it in portions.  But then again, how do you store a saved draft while active posts are being made in the mean time.  

As for anything else, I'm not savy enough to know what I want. laughing  I've seen posts Matt has made and I just don't have that type of creativity.  So for now, I use the Cut & Paste method of publications. grin

I just type the whole thing in word documents so I can save it, and then take screen shots that I upload as images.  There are fancier ways I think, but that works for me.

cheers

Interesting. I use Open Office.Org to save all my work and then cut and paste everything. Never thought of screen shooting the images. That may be a lot easier that way. Will give that a shot too. Thanks Matt. vote yes


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:56 am

Andy brought it to my attention that I'm an idiot and I broke the menu and banner on the MFL pages. Sorry 'bout that. I'll try to get it fixed tonight after work.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 21976

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:37 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Andy brought it to my attention that I'm an idiot and I broke the menu and banner on the MFL pages. Sorry 'bout that. I'll try to get it fixed tonight after work.

Everyone can access everything from our home page (forum) so we can get by.


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4759

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:52 pm

Very minor issue but when you load the scoreboard on the left hand side it says "Click to retart" rather than restart. It is in the same place that has the countdown to the next refresh when the page loads.


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:05 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Very minor issue but when you load the scoreboard on the left hand side it says "Click to retart" rather than restart.  It is in the same place that has the countdown to the next refresh when the page loads.

You don't like the word click?


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4759

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:07 pm

To be honest, as long as the scoreboard keeps showing me with the lead it can say "click here you idiot"


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:21 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
To be honest, as long as the scoreboard keeps showing me with the lead it can say "click here you idiot"

I don't mind fixing something, I just don't think I'm understanding what you're saying.


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   

Back to top Go down
 
Roster Wars website ideas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: