:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Roster Wars website ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:30 pm

Andy isn't allowed in this thread. Every genius idea I give him, he turns around and tells me to go pound sand. Now I need you. Give me your ideas. Big ideas, small ideas, I want them all. Maybe you like a site and want to share it.

Let's not start a fight over the silly stuff though sissy fight Keep it civil. What Andy and I have learned over the years, is that you can't please everyone. Everyone has a different opinion, and that's ok. So if Andy tells you and me to go pound sand (yet again) don't get your feeling hurt.

Shawn -> steamroller <- Andy

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:33 pm

What ideas have you brought up that he didn't like? I would like to know how much sand you have pounded?

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:41 pm

Thanks for reaching out and appreciate the request for ideas.  But the big issue might be how this site reacts once single sign on is activated for MFL.  Hopefully that'll go smoothly.

My one big wish would be to be able to ignore threads -- not important ones but just certain threads.  The main culprit is seeing the RW shield on the FFA section and clicking on it only to find the soccer guys at it again.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:47 pm

Shawn is right, ya just can't please everyone.  I find that if I am pleased that's good enough for me.  lol3

This could be a real fun thread and maybe it'll get some of your ideas turned into a reality.  

I gotta run...want to make sure we don't need any sand around here in case a shortage develops.

#sand

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:50 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
What ideas have you brought up that he didn't like? I would like to know how much sand you have pounded?

No Nick. I'm not going to give you photo evidence of the chafing.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:11 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

1. The entire website decked out to be a Minion empire.
2. All smilies replaced with Neutral
3. All posts costing 1WB

no

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:27 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

1. The entire website decked out to be a Minion empire.
2. All smilies replaced with Neutral
3. All posts costing 1WB

no

Well that sounds legit Shawn, I am completely against 1 and 3, but all for number 2. I love that little guy.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:39 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Shawn is right, ya just can't please everyone.  I find that if I am pleased that's good enough for me.  lol3

This could be a real fun thread and maybe it'll get some of your ideas turned into a reality.  

I gotta run...want to make sure we don't need any sand around here in case a shortage develops.

#sand

Andy has always loved Hashtags. Probably posting them to his Facebook/Linkedin/Twitter/G+/Loop/Instagram/Plunge/Pinterest social media pages as we speak!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:43 pm

What the hell is a plunge account? I am not even going to look.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:08 pm

I made a couple of those up.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:09 pm

I got one! Make a Roster Wars Holiday! every offseason for one week of the year turn everyone Pink, except the real pink team which turns into non pink!

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:53 pm

Can you set me up so that I don't see the new post shield if the only new post is from Russ? Sucks when I see the new post indicator only to have to click and realize that it's just Russ making suggestions again. laughing

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:59 pm

You sound like my wife.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Not sure if this is possible, but I would like to see the number of posts that I have for the month listed under my trading card.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:04 pm

I would also like to see the number of posts that Craig has for the month under my trading card

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:20 pm

You will get nothing and like it!

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Personal post count is good.
I'd love a low graphics version for my mobile phone. But probably hard to do.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:12 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Not sure if this is possible, but I would like to see the number of posts that I have for the month listed under my trading card.

This was brought up before, I am all for it as well.

I will add more ideas as they come to me but one I would like to throw at you is adding a link to RWTC on the home page. Doesn't have to be big or front and center.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:56 am

I would like the RWTC members (that are not dynasty RW owners) have their own sig color and some of the emblems they have earned over the years on there. (like oysters won, Pete was in the championship, Keep track of their record of win %--- 7-5 in 2015, Div winner perhaps.) Dont keep track of everything but some key identifiers.

This would easily identify that group.  If you are a RW Dynasty member and you chose to play in the RWTC you should get a small emblem on your sig identifying you played that year or are playing in the current year, if you want to remove it yearly.

I think the color scheme of these sigs should be the same for all RWTC members or the sig should be shaped a little different so we can identify them.  

I know the RWTC is not the dynasty league, but if we are going to make this a permanent part of the RW forum they need a few perks.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:21 am

One thing I was thinking about when I was trading some of my higher profile players was a Trading Auction block were you could put your player up for Auction so to speak and all the bids (offers) would be on the table. A lot of times when trades are going through the bidding process its hush hush. I know we have a trading block post and everyone can see all the transactions (offers) anyway, I just thought if there was some way we could have active bidding or proposals it could lead to some good discussion and good drama. I don't know if it would lead to more active bidding with owners trying to outbid one another or if it would just turn owners off to see their bids out in the open.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:24 am

I've said it before, but if there is a way to extend the list of the months top posters past 10, that would be an easy way for everyone to track their monthly post count.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:52 am

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:
I would like the RWTC members (that are not dynasty RW owners) have their own sig color and some of the emblems they have earned over the years on there.  (like oysters won, Pete was in the championship, Keep track of their record of win %--- 7-5 in 2015, Div winner perhaps.)  Dont keep track of everything but some key identifiers.

This would easily identify that group.  If you are a RW Dynasty member and you chose to play in the RWTC you should get a small emblem on your sig identifying you played that year or are playing in the current year, if you want to remove it yearly.

I think the color scheme of these sigs should be the same for all RWTC members or the sig should be shaped a little different so we can identify them.  

I know the RWTC is not the dynasty league, but if we are going to make this a permanent part of the RW forum they need a few perks.

I like Carla's idea. I would be in favor of making a monetary contribution for the design work since we don't earn nearly the level of club credits that the Dynasty folks get (at least I don't because I am a lame low-poster). It would be nice to be recognized for managing my team well and beating guys like Russ.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:08 am

Oh boy.........poor Russ doh

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:10 am

Is there a way to ignore a poster?  At least until I take the title from Ed this year?  

Seriously though, love the smack talk, even if it hurts reading each and every post.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:47 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
My one big wish would be to be able to ignore threads -- not important ones but just certain threads.  The main culprit is seeing the RW shield on the FFA section and clicking on it only to find the soccer guys at it again.

This is one that I won't be able to accommodate. It would have to be a setting that comes from forumotion, and they don't currently have that option.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:49 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:

I could make this happen, but it would require someone taking Brad's numbers each month and inputting them into another document.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:51 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:

I'd like to know more details about this request. Are you talking about the graphics taking up too much space on the screen, or are you talking about load time?

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:54 pm

California Nightmare wrote:
one I would like to throw at you is adding a link to RWTC on the home page. Doesn't have to be big or front and center.

This is currently in the top menu under history.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:55 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
One thing I was thinking about when I was trading some of my higher profile players was a Trading Auction block were you could put your player up for Auction so to speak and all the bids (offers) would be on the table. A lot of times when trades are going through the bidding process its hush hush. I know  we have a trading block post and everyone can see all the transactions (offers) anyway, I just thought if there was some way we could have active bidding or proposals it could lead to some good discussion and good drama. I don't know if it would lead to more active bidding with owners trying to outbid one another or if it would just turn owners off to see their bids out in the open.

This sounds like an intriguing idea, but one I would need more details to fully grasp. Maybe an example or two.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:03 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:

I could make this happen, but it would require someone taking Brad's numbers each month and inputting them into another document.

Not sure what you'd need Shawn... the document I have is shared with everyone and there is a column that is specific to Posts from that month. I could maybe alter the Team Name column to correspond to everyone's username here if that would help with the data import.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:07 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
I've said it before, but if there is a way to extend the list of the months top posters past 10, that would be an easy way for everyone to track their monthly post count.

I've looked into this, but forumotion doesn't have the data we need. For whatever reason, they stop at 10 and there's no way that I can see to extend it.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:12 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:

Not sure what you'd need Shawn... the document I have is shared with everyone and there is a column that is specific to Posts from that month.  I could maybe alter the Team Name column to correspond to everyone's username here if that would help with the data import.

Ive never worked with the type of document that would be needed, but it is something I have been wanting to learn. I believe I would need an xml or json file in order to extract the data. I suppose I might be able to use a basic JavaScript file. Anyway, this would be something that would take a lot of time for me to put together.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:14 pm

I didn't think that json was allowed around here anymore.

sorry, couldn't resist.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:20 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:

Not sure what you'd need Shawn... the document I have is shared with everyone and there is a column that is specific to Posts from that month.  I could maybe alter the Team Name column to correspond to everyone's username here if that would help with the data import.

Ive never worked with the type of document that would be needed, but it is something I have been wanting to learn. I believe I would need an xml or json file in order to extract the data. I suppose I might be able to use a basic JavaScript file. Anyway, this would be something that would take a lot of time for me to put together.

http://blog.pamelafox.org/2013/06/exporting-google-spreadsheet-as-json.html

weird.

Last edited by Sanibel Gadabouts on Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:49 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:

http://blog.pamelafox.org/2013/06/exporting-google-spreadsheet-as-json.html

I have a suggestion Shawn. Take the gap away above the sigs so we can click on a link.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:44 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I didn't think that json was allowed around here anymore.

sorry, couldn't resist.

laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:50 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:
One thing I was thinking about when I was trading some of my higher profile players was a Trading Auction block were you could put your player up for Auction so to speak and all the bids (offers) would be on the table. A lot of times when trades are going through the bidding process its hush hush. I know  we have a trading block post and everyone can see all the transactions (offers) anyway, I just thought if there was some way we could have active bidding or proposals it could lead to some good discussion and good drama. I don't know if it would lead to more active bidding with owners trying to outbid one another or if it would just turn owners off to see their bids out in the open.

This sounds like an intriguing idea, but one I would need more details to fully grasp. Maybe an example or two.

I can't imagine this is possible but if I am understanding it properly, what he's getting at is essentially making the trading world PUBLIC so that the seller is guaranteed to get the best deal because everyone could see what is being offered. Even if possible, I would need to really be pursuaded big time because IMO that would actually kinda suck. It would benefit those who don't currently do the work to trade, it would decrease one's ability to buy low and it would create a shit ton of situations where trades would basically become group think tanks because someone would inevitably email another and say something, "you'd be fuckin crazy to take that offer from TEAM X".

2cents

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:54 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:

I'd like to know more details about this request. Are you talking about the graphics taking up too much space on the screen, or are you talking about load time?

Yeah taking too much screen real estate. I do a lot of scrolling. I'll try the mobile version of forumotion first and see if it's better than it used to be.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:10 pm

Apalachicola Oysters wrote:
Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:
I would like the RWTC members (that are not dynasty RW owners) have their own sig color and some of the emblems they have earned over the years on there.  (like oysters won, Pete was in the championship, Keep track of their record of win %--- 7-5 in 2015, Div winner perhaps.)  Dont keep track of everything but some key identifiers.

I like Carla's idea.  I would be in favor of making a monetary contribution for the design work since we don't earn nearly the level of club credits that the Dynasty folks get (at least I don't because I am a lame low-poster).  It would be nice to be recognized for managing my team well and beating guys like Russ.

Thanks Ed.....I am sure Andy will give this some thought.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:38 am

I have another idea, next time MFL goes down for a few days lets take down Roster Wars. What MFL did was propaganda, they shoved in our face how much more important they are then us. So next time we should either do the same or maybe raise it a level and be closed down for double the time! THAT WILL TEACH THEM!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:51 am

I want a button on Bob's team page that makes a fart sound when you press it.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:42 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:

But, it'd be great if the sound would occur on Bob's computer instead of our own.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:39 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

But, it'd be great if the sound would occur on Bob's computer instead of our own.  

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:23 am

Put your thinking caps on ladies and gentlemen. I can add fart buttons if that's really the best we can come up with.

Ideas that have come to life...
-custom menu
-pennants at the top
-team banners via pennants
-Revamped player pages. NFL logo added, fantasy team logo added, bigger player photo, jersey number added by player name, data reformatted
-side by side rosters
-scoreboard
-record book
-league story
-ownership history
-war stories
-champions
-hall of shame
-bowl game winners
-playoff brackets
-contract years added to trade bait

Lets come up with more great stuff.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:52 am

What about an "All-Time Greats" aspect of every franchise. Maybe like the best years at each position in franchise history.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:53 am

We could have our own HOF, where we nominate players, coaches, owners, etc. All related to our fantasy world of course. Every year each franchise could nominate a player/person and it could get narrowed down through a voting process.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:44 pm

How about a puking sound that plays whenever Bob submits his lineup?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:39 pm

How about a puking sound that plays whenever Bob submits his lineup?  

ROFL Oh poor Pink.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:41 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Put your thinking caps on ladies and gentlemen. I can add fart buttons if that's really the best we can come up with.

Ideas that have come to life...
-custom menu
-pennants at the top
-team banners via pennants
-Revamped player pages. NFL logo added, fantasy team logo added, bigger player photo, jersey number added by player name, data reformatted
-side by side rosters
-scoreboard
-record book
-league story
-ownership history
-war stories
-champions
-hall of shame
-bowl game winners
-playoff brackets
-contract years added to trade bait

Lets come up with more great stuff.

Of all the ideas, I think the most beneficial (to me, anyway), would be to always display a guys contract years someplace on the report. Whether it's the trade screens or the top player performance screens or in transactions of any kind.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:40 am

Would it be possible to hyperlink the signature banners to each team's roster page?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roster Wars website ideas   

Back to top Go down

Roster Wars website ideas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: