HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Derrick Henry TEN RB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:24 pm

Quote :
Alabama RB Derrick Henry clocked unofficial forty times of 4.52 and 4.54 at the NFL Scouting Combine.

An absolute freak of nature athlete, Henry also posted a 10-foot-10 broad jump and 37-inch vertical at 6-foot-3, 247 pounds. As noted by Rotoworld's Josh Norris, Ameer Abdullah earned the highest SPARQ score among running backs at the 2015 Combine. Abdullah had the same broad jump measurement as Henry, but did it at 205 pounds. That's 42 pounds less than Henry, whose forty-yard dash time was superior to Abdullah's (4.60)

Is he Brandon Jacobs, or is he more?

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:20 pm

I totally see Brandon Jacobs in the way he runs. He isnt a pass catcher. Once you stack the box, I dont see him gaining more than a couple of yards per carry.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:32 am

Naperville Divine wrote:
I totally see Brandon Jacobs in the way he runs.  He isnt a pass catcher.  Once you stack the box, I dont see him gaining more than a couple of yards per carry.

Ya I feel he will be more valuable for an NFL team vs a FF team. He is a good blocker and will be used alot but I don't see him making a big impact without an ability to catch. Also his smallish hands scare me. Anyone know if he had a fumbling problem in college?

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:21 pm

I just don't like any Alabama RB's.... Stay away...... STAY FAR FAR AWAY....

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:57 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:
I totally see Brandon Jacobs in the way he runs.  He isnt a pass catcher.  Once you stack the box, I dont see him gaining more than a couple of yards per carry.

Ya I feel he will be more valuable for an NFL team vs a FF team. He is a good blocker and will be used alot but I don't see him making a big impact without an ability to catch. Also his smallish hands scare me. Anyone know if he had a fumbling problem in college?

In college he ran the ball 395 times and lost 1 fumble. Averaged 5.6 YPC, but caught 16 balls in 3 years. no

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:23 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:

In college he ran the ball 395 times and lost 1 fumble. Averaged 5.6 YPC, but caught 16 balls in 3 years. no

And that was with Amari Cooper, TJ Yeldon, Sterling Shepard and Kenyan Drake to name a few. How many chances you expect his big ass to get?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:26 pm

California Nightmare wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:

And that was with Amari Cooper, TJ Yeldon, Sterling Shepard and Kenyan Drake to name a few. How many chances you expect his big ass to get?

laughing Just throwing it out there, I don't believe he will be catching many balls on someone's fantasy roster either...

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:34 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
California Nightmare wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:

laughing  Just throwing it out there, I don't believe he will be catching many balls on someone's fantasy roster either...

Agree. He will be more valuable in standard scoring.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:43 pm

He will be used more as a Fullback in my opinion. The guy is a waste of a FF draft pick. If he lasts in the 5th round I might give him a shot.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:01 pm

He will be used more as a Fullback in my opinion. The guy is a waste of a FF draft pick. If he lasts in the 5th round I might give him a shot.

I will be watching you at 1.03 closely. coffee

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:16 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Im actually trying to trade out of this whole draft class after seeing some of the combine. So there is a chance I will not be picking 1.3.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:22 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Im actually trying to trade out of this whole draft class after seeing some of the combine. So there is a chance I will not be picking 1.3.

Since they are shitty draft picks in a bad draft anyway, I will take them from you. 5WB's a piece, just for you!

Watch Henry just rip the NFL up.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:16 pm

To Tennessee. Now that is a shitty landing spot

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:17 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
To Tennessee.  Now that is a shitty landing spot
Yup, he just dropped down HUGE on my draft board...

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:34 pm

TEN is to RB's as CLE is to WR's.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:30 pm

frustrated Murray owners right now...

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:30 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
frustrated Murray owners right now...

I know, right?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:39 pm

It might be good for the Titans in real life, but that really muddies the fantasy and dynasty waters... I am glad I am not invested in Murray in any of my leagues...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:57 pm

I cried a little.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:41 am

Idiots. Ruining fantasy owners dreams everywhere. laughing

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:02 am

Terrible for them both, really. Unless Murray really is done, then Henry might be okay. Really hurts him short term and his draft value though.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:20 pm

Very glad I traded Murray!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:02 pm

Decatur Freakshow wrote:

I hate you Neutral

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:19 pm

Still think he will be more of a FB, and Murray will get tons of opportunities and all the catches.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:13 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Still think he will be more of a FB, and Murray will get tons of opportunities and all the catches.

Fastest fullback of all time

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sun May 01, 2016 1:06 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Come on Nick, give the bong back to Josh Gordon...

wink

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sun May 01, 2016 2:21 am

You're up Nick... pretty colors

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sun May 01, 2016 6:28 am

Decatur Freakshow wrote:

high five since you couldn't have traded him without my trading him to you first.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sun May 01, 2016 8:05 am

That bong looks good. Let's just hope Henry pulls a T-Rich.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sun May 01, 2016 8:07 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
He better not! I am picking him at #3! #Championship

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sun May 01, 2016 8:10 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
He better not! I am picking him at #3! #Championship

Sign him up! Landy and him will be a deadly combo in your starting lineup. Oh wait..... laughing

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sun May 01, 2016 12:00 pm

Henry is not a FB, he is a better RB than Murray has ever been and should have no trouble earning the lion's share of the carries in TEN...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Sun May 01, 2016 5:14 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Henry is not a FB,   he is a better RB than Murray has ever been and should have no trouble earning the lion's share of the carries in TEN...

So Henry is better than Murray ever was. So Henry could have 2300 yards, 57 catches, and 13 TD's in one season... Simple statement I guess, wishful thinking.

I am sure many people said that about T-Rich too.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Mon May 02, 2016 4:09 am

Henry is not a FB,   he is a better RB than Murray has ever been and should have no trouble earning the lion's share of the carries in TEN...

lol3

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   Mon May 02, 2016 10:43 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

So Henry is better than Murray ever was. So Henry could have 2300 yards, 57 catches, and 13 TD's in one season... Simple statement I guess, wishful thinking.

I am sure many people said that about T-Rich too.

Murray is massively overrated, the year he did that with the Cowboys he was the beneficiary of maybe the single greatest season ever by an offensive line unit.... I believe it is not a stretch to say that ANY other NFL RB (starter or not) could have put up similar numbers in that role that season. Every time I watched the Cowboys play, Murray had huge holes and wide open lanes to run through, he was often in the secondary before having to cut or even being touched... That OL was responsible for those stats, not Murray...

The Dallas OL didn't have as good a year last season (and Romo being hurt didn't help) but they still made jackoffs like Randle and McFadden look like relevant NFL RB's despite the fact that they were anything but... And what happened with Murray? Oh yeah, he went to Philly and struggled hardcore while being outplayed by Ryan Matthews!

My statement that Henry is better than Murray is of course my opinion... Perhaps I should have specifically stated it, but my statement is based on raw talent and athletic measurables... I absolutely believe that Henry is a better prospect than Murray ever was, freak size/speed/athletic combos like Henry don't come along that often, especially not ones who dominated at the highest level of college football like Henry.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Henry TEN RB   

Back to top Go down

Derrick Henry TEN RB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: