Tag Talk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:42 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:
I know every year people complain about the 1 WB increment bids. Get ready for a lot of that, this will easily be the longest RFA period we've seen yet. I'm excited about the new process,  a lot more strategy involve and as long as RFA is done by the Rookie draft who cares how long it takes. We've got nothing but time.

Wait!?!  Did I miss something?  We can only bid in $1 increments?

And what new process are you speaking of?

You have to jerk off into a ceiling fan before you can bid....Duh.

surprised

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:44 pm

No you can bid in whatever increments you want but in previous years people would complain about the 1WB bids but with the penny pinching that I believe will occur there are going to be a lot of 1WB raises. For example people will start the bid on a stud WR at 1WB, and up 1WB at a time until he gets to his selling point. Some people are just starting bids on players to clear WB's with no intention of buying the player. I know I do that. Love the strategy of RFA

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:45 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:
I know every year people complain about the 1 WB increment bids. Get ready for a lot of that, this will easily be the longest RFA period we've seen yet. I'm excited about the new process,  a lot more strategy involve and as long as RFA is done by the Rookie draft who cares how long it takes. We've got nothing but time.

He's talking about the folks who get butthurt when people bid by 1WB because they would like to get player at the lowest possible price.  Some people want it to be over fast and bid up by xWB to push people away in fear.  Others will always bid the lowest possible.  Neither way is right/wrong.

This RFA will frustrate some people but as a very impatient person I can totally say...."just have some patience fuckers!"

In a past league this process absolutely had me in a juggling position and I lost.  I thought I had it worked out but timing of bids left me losing my Antonio Brown (to that fucker Rob btw) and left taking home that dirtbag Roddy White because I got cute and thought I would get Brown.  

People should not be screwing around slow rolling our RFA session just to be fucking dickheads but there are scenarios where one is forced to bid once they know the outcome of another auction.  Just chill.

Strategies will be numerous.  

Yeah I'm one of the ones that doesn't like the $1 bids. But I won't go crazy like Shawn did laughing

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:02 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:

He's talking about the folks who get butthurt when people bid by 1WB because they would like to get player at the lowest possible price.  Some people want it to be over fast and bid up by xWB to push people away in fear.  Others will always bid the lowest possible.  Neither way is right/wrong.

This RFA will frustrate some people but as a very impatient person I can totally say...."just have some patience fuckers!"

In a past league this process absolutely had me in a juggling position and I lost.  I thought I had it worked out but timing of bids left me losing my Antonio Brown (to that fucker Rob btw) and left taking home that dirtbag Roddy White because I got cute and thought I would get Brown.  

People should not be screwing around slow rolling our RFA session just to be fucking dickheads but there are scenarios where one is forced to bid once they know the outcome of another auction.  Just chill.

Strategies will be numerous.  

Yeah I'm one of the ones that doesn't like the $1 bids.  But I won't go crazy like Shawn did laughing
I used to do that partly BECAUSE it drove him nuts 

Neutral

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:23 pm

This is all fascinating stuff. But why the hell would anyone jerk off in to a ceiling fan?

Because they can?

scratch

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:04 pm

When everyone could just jerk off into their ceiling fan and open bidding on their own tagged player for the cost of 1WB it downgraded the RFA experience by a lot and the gain was everyone felt wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more in control of things.  Not the intent.

So if I understand correctly, the rule change is to avoid the sticky ceiling fan issue from years past?

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:46 pm

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
When everyone could just jerk off into their ceiling fan and open bidding on their own tagged player for the cost of 1WB it downgraded the RFA experience by a lot and the gain was everyone felt wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more in control of things.  Not the intent.

So if I understand correctly, the rule change is to avoid the sticky ceiling fan issue from years past?

I don't know about you Ed, but if that's the case, I'm glad I didn't join until this year. laughing Wouldn't want to be associated with that mess. sick

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:38 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
No you can bid in whatever increments you want but in previous years people would complain about the 1WB bids but with the penny pinching that I believe will occur there are going to be a lot of 1WB raises. For example people will start the bid on a stud WR at 1WB, and up 1WB at a time until he gets to his selling point. Some people are just starting bids on players to clear WB's with no intention of buying the player. I know I do that. Love the strategy of RFA

I don't think it'll be that bad. There are some (Derrick sounds like one for instance) that isn't gonna do it that way. I know there are others. Then there are people like me who will do it but not from the start like you're describing.

For those who are new....RFA typically takes up the month of April. It won't be over in a week or 2 weeks. In the past, it sure felt like those who were complaining wanted it to be over fast so they could get back to twiddling their thumbs and that always confused me. Now if you can't stop in daily in April there will be some risk...but otherwise this setup is great because while this shit will consume you, you're able to sleep/work and not be a complete cunt to your family and still manage shit properly for your team.

The super active bunch just needs to take a chill pill.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:16 pm

Reading your posts from my phone and I just noticed the dildos on your banner Andy. Maybe they are headstones but when you are as childish and perverted as myself, they look like dildos. A whole field of dildos.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:31 pm

California Nightmare wrote:
Reading your posts from my phone and I just noticed the dildos on your banner Andy. Maybe they are headstones but when you are as childish and perverted as myself, they look like dildos. A whole field of dildos.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:44 pm

I've heard you should always go with your first instinct and looking at it closer, I think your intuition is right on Greg. Dildos. Lots of em.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:12 pm

I just made the mistake of trying to find a funny gif for this conversation. I hope I don't get fired

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:33 pm

when you are as childish and perverted as myself

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:21 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
I just made the mistake of trying to find a funny gif for this conversation. I hope I don't get fired

It's ok. Future Matt will still have a job.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:52 pm

So this is my takeaway from the recent tag discussions:

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:12 pm

I do not want to know how y found that....

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:19 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:

Didn't find it. Filmed it.

shrug

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:39 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:

shrug

Laughing

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:24 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:

shrug

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:11 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:

shrug
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:11 pm

Jon... Not sure you should have admitted filming that with Ed. He evidently didn't want the secret to get out.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:30 am

Sorry Ed. Han-Yang is right:

What happens in Rocky Mountain, stays in Rocky Mountain.

embarrassed

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:11 am

So, back to tags. I've been going back and forth on tags lately. The three main guys that have me rethinking my strategy are Eli, Glennon, and Tyrell. Right now Eli gets the TT, Tyrell gets and extension and Glennon gets the compensation tag. But that may change in the next week.

Who is everyone else struggling with?

Has anyone seen future Matt lately? Or is he still locked away until after RFA this year?

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:33 am

My only issue is I have Rivers as my FT and Nick has him as the TT. Don't know if it makes sense to compare what's happening in the other conference or just leave it as an individual roster issue based on other players and options.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:38 am

My only issue is I have Rivers as my FT and Nick has him as the TT.  Don't know if it makes sense to compare what's happening in the other conference or just leave it as an individual roster issue based on other players and options.

Someone can take him and give me a 2nd and I can save the WB's. I paid 25 WB's for him, so if that buys a 2nd, I make out good in my mind.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:02 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
My only issue is I have Rivers as my FT and Nick has him as the TT.  Don't know if it makes sense to compare what's happening in the other conference or just leave it as an individual roster issue based on other players and options.

Someone can take him and give me a 2nd and I can save the WB's. I paid 25 WB's for him, so if that buys a 2nd, I make out good in my mind.

With ya on this Nick...only thing I don't like about the TT and FT is...you don't know whether you're getting a pick from the upcoming draft or waiting until next year.  Of course you know, "after" the fact, as you can see who is bidding on the player...and if you have the money, you can bid on the player too.  Just think a bidding owner should have to have a "current" year pick to trade against the Tagged player.  But I'm sure that's the way evil Andy planned it.  Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:16 am

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

With ya on this Nick...only thing I don't like about the TT and FT is...you don't know whether you're getting a pick from the upcoming draft or waiting until next year.  Of course you know, "after" the fact, as you can see who is bidding on the player...and if you have the money, you can bid on the player too.  Just think a bidding owner should have to have a "current" year pick to trade against the Tagged player.  But I'm sure that's the way evil Andy planned it.  Evil laugh

100% agree.  I hate losing my player and have to wait a year to recoup the benefit.  Sucks donkey balls.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:21 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Sucks donkey balls.

Man, Carla uses some pretty salty language around here.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:28 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
So, back to tags.  I've been going back and forth on tags lately.  The three main guys that have me rethinking my strategy are Eli, Glennon, and Tyrell.  Right now Eli gets the TT, Tyrell gets and extension and Glennon gets the compensation tag.  But that may change in the next week.  

I'm struggling with everybody. laughing   I have more players I want to hang onto than I can tag.  So then I start looking at my finances.  With $300 WB's, I've already spent 2/3's of that on Tags.  So I've been wondering about that strategy lately.  What if I don't Tag anybody and just hang onto my $300 WB's.  I could then just let the market set the prices on my players and match any bids for players I want to hang onto.  Is Derek Carr going to command more than $100 WB's in the open market?  Looking at everybody's bank account, we're pretty much all around $300 WB's so I'm not convinced he would.  Hmmm.  There is no Goon Squad type of bank account in DD with over $600 WB's to worry about.  If I keep all my WB's, I should be able to match any bids on my top players if I didn't Tag anybody.  But that's a risky gamble too, isn't it?  Being my first time thru this process, that's a scary way to go, as that is too much of an unknown for me.  Then again, is that even an acceptable strategy?  Or does that go against the intention of the tagging process?   For the SFT, FT, & TT, I have locked up 3 players at $175 WB's.  Would those same 3 cost me more than $175 WB's in the open market?  I'm not sure they would.  Ever since I have announced my Tagged players, this has been what my struggles have been about. laughing

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:40 am

And that's what Corey's thought process was for Travis Kelce last year. Should he let the market set the prices or not. It's a tough decision especially with the cash poor DD.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:10 pm

I love the inner turmoil you're all facing. It more than compensates for the inner turmoil I'm facing with my own team. This might be the craziest RFA session yet. There are so many ways every owner can go with things that it's hard to be confident about where anyone is going and thus to plan against it. Having played in leagues where it's more basic and illuminated for all to see...this is so much more intriguing that it's apples to oranges.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:18 pm

I never know what I am doing, but I like apples more than oranges so that mystery is solved.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:44 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
I never know what I am doing,  but I like apples more than oranges so that mystery is solved.

Finally! At least I'll get some sleep tonight. wink

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:57 pm

@Whiskey rofl rofl rofl rofl

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:03 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

Has anyone seen future Matt lately?  Or is he still locked away until after RFA this year?

Trying to hide, but these call outs make it difficult....  

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:53 am

My tags were easy this year. We're all Neegan.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:10 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:
So, back to tags.  I've been going back and forth on tags lately.  The three main guys that have me rethinking my strategy are Eli, Glennon, and Tyrell.  Right now Eli gets the TT, Tyrell gets and extension and Glennon gets the compensation tag.  But that may change in the next week.  

I'm struggling with everybody. laughing   I have more players I want to hang onto than I can tag.  So then I start looking at my finances.  With $300 WB's, I've already spent 2/3's of that on Tags.  So I've been wondering about that strategy lately.  What if I don't Tag anybody and just hang onto my $300 WB's.  I could then just let the market set the prices on my players and match any bids for players I want to hang onto.  Is Derek Carr going to command more than $100 WB's in the open market?  Looking at everybody's bank account, we're pretty much all around $300 WB's so I'm not convinced he would.  Hmmm.  There is no Goon Squad type of bank account in DD with over $600 WB's to worry about.  If I keep all my WB's, I should be able to match any bids on my top players if I didn't Tag anybody.  But that's a risky gamble too, isn't it?  Being my first time thru this process, that's a scary way to go, as that is too much of an unknown for me.  Then again, is that even an acceptable strategy?  Or does that go against the intention of the tagging process?   For the SFT, FT, & TT, I have locked up 3 players at $175 WB's.  Would those same 3 cost me more than $175 WB's in the open market?  I'm not sure they would.  Ever since I have announced my Tagged players, this has been what my struggles have been about. laughing

I right there with you Bern. I joined after RFA last year, so I have no idea what type of priced players will command. I have a feeling I'll be very passive, which I hate, but I'm scared to drop too much money and not be able to keep all the guys I want.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:12 am

I know there is historical references for the tags, but are the RFA bidding threads from previous years (or just last year) saved somewhere?

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:13 am

North Wales Knights wrote:
I know there is historical references for the tags, but are the RFA bidding threads from previous years (or just last year) saved somewhere?

You can check out any years in the 'History Hall'

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:43 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:

I right there with you Bern. I joined after RFA last year, so I have no idea what type of priced players will command. I have a feeling I'll be very passive, which I hate, but I'm scared to drop too much money and not be able to keep all the guys I want.

I'm going all in! I'll be busting a nut on one of your players! 1.7 pick gonna go bye bye real fast! Nice list of FT so far! Thank you!

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:44 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:

You can check out any years in the 'History Hall'

Thank you sir!

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:12 am

Every time I think I have it figured out what I am going to do, an actual FA move in the NFL changes my mind or I start to really second guess myself. 4 more days of torture in the tags and then on to the torturous decisions in RFA.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:44 pm

I have no one to actually tag... trade me someone to tag dammit!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:52 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Is there a spreadsheet of this nonsense somewhere?

Meaning RFA's?  Nick was holding off due to teams releasing players.  He's going to put it together soon.

eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:17 pm

Can people stop releasing players for a day or two? I will have it done by the end of Friday.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:18 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:09 am

Nick, I just updated my tags, and they are now final.

Unless I am involved is some late trade which is possible now as I have received some offers.

Last edited by Tarpon Springs RedKnights on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:18 am

Gotcha my friend.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:30 am

WELL - I WAS THINKING ABOUT SWAPPING MY FT & TT - NOW I HAVE TO RE-THINK THEM ALL

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   

Back to top Go down

Tag Talk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-