HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 
 

 Tag Talk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Rocky Mountain Oysters
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3335

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:39 am

[quote="Bergen Brawlers"[/quote]



Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4424

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:54 pm

Ed, you have an opportunity to show the rest of TT how to spend WBs.


Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3335

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:27 pm

Sorry, Han-Yang - not gonna even use the SFT and will save the 100 WBs. I should fit right in with the rest of the frugal TT group.


Back to top Go down
California Nightmare
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2567

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:19 pm

Cameron Meredith was going to get a tag.

Mike Glennon has fucked that all up.

R.I.P. Cam


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3630

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:31 pm

OMG!!!!!

I almost fainted when I saw Andy put Hopkins on the comp tag! I hope he's not toying with us..... waiting


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11015

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Maybe he wants a bunch of WB's. We will see what he is worth with Savage throwing him the ball. JK. Or am I? lol3


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5547

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Maybe he wants a bunch of WB's. We will see what he is worth with Savage throwing him the ball. JK. Or am I? lol3

Good luck to Andy on that. After you guys in the DD place your tags, no one will have more than 100 WBs to spend on anyone. And it's not like he's Richard Sherman.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23398

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:37 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Maybe he wants a bunch of WB's. We will see what he is worth with Savage throwing him the ball. JK. Or am I? lol3

Good luck to Andy on that.  After you guys in the DD place your tags, no one will have more than 100 WBs to spend on anyone.  And it's not like he's Richard Sherman.

laughing

Looks like someone better find some extra cash because if you're right, it could very well be the first person to bid (seriously) will win because nobody else will have more than them. Maybe 10 owners will allow the 11th to get him at a bargain?

lol 2

Maybe some tags should be reconsidered... thinking


Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4424

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:57 pm

Let it ride Andy. This is a real test of the comp tag.


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5902

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:23 pm

Is there a spreadsheet of this nonsense somewhere?


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23398

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:35 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Is there a spreadsheet of this nonsense somewhere?

Meaning RFA's? Nick was holding off due to teams releasing players. He's going to put it together soon.


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3428

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:56 pm

Dang, Tagging sure depletes the bank account, but I didn't know what else to do.  shrug It looks like I'll be doing my RFA shopping at the Thrift Store.  grin


Back to top Go down
California Nightmare
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2567

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:09 pm

I probably won't tag anybody.


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2773

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:07 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Dang, Tagging sure depletes the bank account, but I didn't know what else to do.  shrug It looks like I'll be doing my RFA shopping at the Thrift Store.  grin

Yup...But, you'll be ok on the DD side; we're all broke. lol3


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7148

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:25 am

Damn I guess its about time for me to figure out what to do with these tags.  I feel like past Matt really hung me out to dry here


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3630

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:24 pm

Ok! Now after getting Rudolph, my tags are all set smile2


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3428

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:35 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Ok!  Now after getting Rudolph, my tags are all set smile2

Just going over some of the Tags, there are now 2 QB's on the DD side that have received Compensation Tags.  With most teams being broke, is there enough WB's for 2 QB's to receive Compensation?  Both Carson Palmer and Alex Smith have been Tagged.  Obviously, the big bucks are going to be spent on Carson Palmer.  He's definitely the bargain to be had. wink  For the Ballers sake, hopefully there's some left for Alex Smith.  grin scared


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5547

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:39 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Ok!  Now after getting Rudolph, my tags are all set smile2

Just going over some of the Tags, there are now 2 QB's on the DD side that have received Compensation Tags.  With most teams being broke, is there enough WB's for 2 QB's to receive Compensation?  Both Carson Palmer and Alex Smith have been Tagged.  Obviously, the big bucks are going to be spent on Carson Palmer.  He's definitely the bargain to be had. wink  For the Ballers sake, hopefully there's some left for Alex Smith.  grin scared

Hmmmm, maybe you need to give a better tag to Palmer?


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3630

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:42 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Ok!  Now after getting Rudolph, my tags are all set smile2

Just going over some of the Tags, there are now 2 QB's on the DD side that have received Compensation Tags.  With most teams being broke, is there enough WB's for 2 QB's to receive Compensation?  Both Carson Palmer and Alex Smith have been Tagged.  Obviously, the big bucks are going to be spent on Carson Palmer.  He's definitely the bargain to be had. wink  For the Ballers sake, hopefully there's some left for Alex Smith.  grin scared

This could change in the next couple of weeks.  Got another possibility, but I'm just waiting.......But as of right now it's Smith being shown the door


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3428

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:14 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Ok!  Now after getting Rudolph, my tags are all set smile2

Just going over some of the Tags, there are now 2 QB's on the DD side that have received Compensation Tags.  With most teams being broke, is there enough WB's for 2 QB's to receive Compensation?  Both Carson Palmer and Alex Smith have been Tagged.  Obviously, the big bucks are going to be spent on Carson Palmer.  He's definitely the bargain to be had. wink  For the Ballers sake, hopefully there's some left for Alex Smith.  grin scared

This could change in the next couple of weeks.  Got another possibility, but I'm just waiting.......But as of right now it's Smith being shown the door

Being the first time thru this process for me, it's a definite learning curve.  I've been trying to figure out if it was even worth using the Compensation Tag as most teams will be close to broke if they use the Super Franchise Tag.  But then I figured for $10 WB's, why not take a shot at it?  shrug I already have 2 QB's under contract, so I threw Palmer out there to see how it all pans out.  Then I'll have a better understanding for next year.  Now you're clogging up the market with another QB. laughing


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5547

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:18 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Ok!  Now after getting Rudolph, my tags are all set smile2

Just going over some of the Tags, there are now 2 QB's on the DD side that have received Compensation Tags.  With most teams being broke, is there enough WB's for 2 QB's to receive Compensation?  Both Carson Palmer and Alex Smith have been Tagged.  Obviously, the big bucks are going to be spent on Carson Palmer.  He's definitely the bargain to be had. wink  For the Ballers sake, hopefully there's some left for Alex Smith.  grin scared

This could change in the next couple of weeks.  Got another possibility, but I'm just waiting.......But as of right now it's Smith being shown the door

Being the first time thru this process for me, it's a definite learning curve.  I've been trying to figure out if it was even worth using the Compensation Tag as most teams will be close to broke if they use the Super Franchise Tag.  But then I figured for $10 WB's, why not take a shot at it?  shrug I already have 2 QB's under contract, so I threw Palmer out there to see how it all pans out.  Then I'll have a better understanding for next year.  Now you're clogging up the market with another QB. laughing

Being a numbers guy, you might enjoy going back to last year (and even years before that) and see what happened with the tag:

http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/f29-2016



Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3428

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:29 pm

Ohh thanks!  That's a lot of pages to analyze and go over, but that should give me some reading material for the next few days.  Thanks. vote yes


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5547

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:32 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Ohh thanks!  That's a lot of pages to analyze and go over, but that should give me some reading material for the next few days.  Thanks. vote yes

Fire up the printer and replace the cartridges.


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3428

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:54 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Ohh thanks!  That's a lot of pages to analyze and go over, but that should give me some reading material for the next few days.  Thanks. vote yes

Fire up the printer and replace the cartridges.

ROFL Don't tempt me.



Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5547

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Damn I guess its about time for me to figure out what to do with these tags.  I feel like past Matt really hung me out to dry here

Don't worry about those 4 owners with a combined 2,000 WBs looking at the guys you'll leave unprotected.









Really, don't worry. They won't spend their money. You'll be safe.


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8302

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:03 pm

I know that I will actively be pursuing either Palmer or Smith. Won't spend more then 20 on either tbh but would love to sign one as my #2.


Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4424

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Time to get down to business.


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3428

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:04 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Ok!  Now after getting Rudolph, my tags are all set smile2

Just going over some of the Tags, there are now 2 QB's on the DD side that have received Compensation Tags.  With most teams being broke, is there enough WB's for 2 QB's to receive Compensation?  Both Carson Palmer and Alex Smith have been Tagged.  Obviously, the big bucks are going to be spent on Carson Palmer.  He's definitely the bargain to be had. wink  For the Ballers sake, hopefully there's some left for Alex Smith.  grin scared

This could change in the next couple of weeks.  Got another possibility, but I'm just waiting.......But as of right now it's Smith being shown the door

Being the first time thru this process for me, it's a definite learning curve.  I've been trying to figure out if it was even worth using the Compensation Tag as most teams will be close to broke if they use the Super Franchise Tag.  But then I figured for $10 WB's, why not take a shot at it?  shrug I already have 2 QB's under contract, so I threw Palmer out there to see how it all pans out.  Then I'll have a better understanding for next year.  Now you're clogging up the market with another QB. laughing

Being a numbers guy, you might enjoy going back to last year (and even years before that) and see what happened with the tag:

http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/f29-2016


In all seriousness, this link did help in understanding the process a lot better. One question I have on the Franchise Tags & Transition Tags: If nobody bids on one of your FT or TT players, is the owner required to open a bid for $1 more that the original tag? For like a FT player, you put up the first $50 WB's. If there are no outside bids, are you required to put that $51 bid to keep him? I saw some bids like that, and on the TT players, the $26 bid for their own players.

As I type this, I also keep going back to the links (I should've just printed them all out laughing ), and looking at the time stamps, it looked like the auction basically opened up with the FT & TT players, by their original teams.

Anyway, I'm probably getting ahead of myself on this stuff and will see how things are laid out as the time gets closer. In the meantime, it's just nervous anticipation around NightHawks Camp. nailbiting


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8921

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:13 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Ok!  Now after getting Rudolph, my tags are all set smile2

Just going over some of the Tags, there are now 2 QB's on the DD side that have received Compensation Tags.  With most teams being broke, is there enough WB's for 2 QB's to receive Compensation?  Both Carson Palmer and Alex Smith have been Tagged.  Obviously, the big bucks are going to be spent on Carson Palmer.  He's definitely the bargain to be had. wink  For the Ballers sake, hopefully there's some left for Alex Smith.  grin scared

This could change in the next couple of weeks.  Got another possibility, but I'm just waiting.......But as of right now it's Smith being shown the door

Being the first time thru this process for me, it's a definite learning curve.  I've been trying to figure out if it was even worth using the Compensation Tag as most teams will be close to broke if they use the Super Franchise Tag.  But then I figured for $10 WB's, why not take a shot at it?  shrug I already have 2 QB's under contract, so I threw Palmer out there to see how it all pans out.  Then I'll have a better understanding for next year.  Now you're clogging up the market with another QB. laughing

Being a numbers guy, you might enjoy going back to last year (and even years before that) and see what happened with the tag:

http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/f29-2016


In all seriousness, this link did help in understanding the process a lot better.  One question I have on the Franchise Tags & Transition Tags:  If nobody bids on one of your FT or TT players, is the owner required to open a bid for $1 more that the original tag?  For like a FT player, you put up the first $50 WB's.  If there are no outside bids, are you required to put that $51 bid to keep him?  I saw some bids like that, and on the TT players, the $26 bid for their own players.

As I type this, I also keep going back to the links (I should've just printed them all out  laughing ), and looking at the time stamps, it looked like the auction basically opened up with the FT & TT players, by their original teams.

Anyway, I'm probably getting ahead of myself on this stuff and will see how things are laid out as the time gets closer.  In the meantime, it's just nervous anticipation around NightHawks Camp. nailbiting

No need to do that Bern. Where you see that happening was owners opening bidding on their own player so they knew his fate sooner. This really pissed Andy off so the rules have been changed now so you can't open your own player.

If there are no bids on a player you've tagged, he's yours once RFA ends.

It does add a whole new dimension to bidding strategy this year.

cheers


Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3335

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:03 am

England Dragons wrote:
This really pissed Andy off

Why?


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5349

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:37 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
This really pissed Andy off

Why?

He didn't like people taking their fate in their own hands. wink I really hope this doesn't stifle bidding like I think it will. We'll see.


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8302

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:45 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
This really pissed Andy off

Why?

He didn't like people taking their fate in their own hands.  wink     I really hope this doesn't stifle bidding like I think it will.   We'll see.

I agree with Andy the way we used to do it was a cop out, was lame, and ruined the fun. Time to make roster Wars great again. Since Andy took over in his first 51 days, illegal bidding has gone down 51% and Roster wars is safer then ever. Don't listen to the fake news! We needed to repeal and replace the unfair bidding practices by foreign companies. Did you know some are charging 100% tariffs to our RFA while we get nothing? Not fair, not fair...


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5547

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:32 am

Bern, there was a huge debate about this for the past few years. The problem is that if there are two equal players but one will cost me a draft pick, I'll bid on the guy that doesn't require draft pick compensation. So tagged players won't get bid on early. So if you have a tagged guy, you need to keep a reserve to be able to defend that guy if a bidding war starts. For example, (and I may be wrong on some details), Ian protected Landry with the franchise tag. Sty took the bidding over $100. Had Landry gone up for bid later and had Ian not kept a reserve of 50 or so WBs, he couldn't defend Landry. But Ian doesn't know how much to save so he may bid less on some other players.

It did get a bit ridiculous with the entire first wave of bidding being on tagged players. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out this year. My thought is that there might be some bargains in the early stages of bidding.


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8302

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:38 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
 
My thought is that there might be some bargains in the early stages of bidding.


You're thoughts are fake news.


Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3335

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:09 am

For further clarification on this RFA rule -

Quote :
H. If a bid is placed on a player that has been tagged, the player's current owner will NOT be notified that another team has made an offer to their player.

Why does this specify just tagged players?  I assume there is no notification process on any player that is bid on (tagged or not) other than watching the postings for nominations and bids.


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7148

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:14 am

Question about Transition tags- could an owner bid with a higher pick if they wanted? Like if I wanted a TT player, could I bid a 1st on them if I didn't have a 2nd or if I really wanted the player?


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3428

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:16 am

England Dragons wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Ok!  Now after getting Rudolph, my tags are all set smile2

Just going over some of the Tags, there are now 2 QB's on the DD side that have received Compensation Tags.  With most teams being broke, is there enough WB's for 2 QB's to receive Compensation?  Both Carson Palmer and Alex Smith have been Tagged.  Obviously, the big bucks are going to be spent on Carson Palmer.  He's definitely the bargain to be had. wink  For the Ballers sake, hopefully there's some left for Alex Smith.  grin scared

This could change in the next couple of weeks.  Got another possibility, but I'm just waiting.......But as of right now it's Smith being shown the door

Being the first time thru this process for me, it's a definite learning curve.  I've been trying to figure out if it was even worth using the Compensation Tag as most teams will be close to broke if they use the Super Franchise Tag.  But then I figured for $10 WB's, why not take a shot at it?  shrug I already have 2 QB's under contract, so I threw Palmer out there to see how it all pans out.  Then I'll have a better understanding for next year.  Now you're clogging up the market with another QB. laughing

Being a numbers guy, you might enjoy going back to last year (and even years before that) and see what happened with the tag:

http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/f29-2016


In all seriousness, this link did help in understanding the process a lot better.  One question I have on the Franchise Tags & Transition Tags:  If nobody bids on one of your FT or TT players, is the owner required to open a bid for $1 more that the original tag?  For like a FT player, you put up the first $50 WB's.  If there are no outside bids, are you required to put that $51 bid to keep him?  I saw some bids like that, and on the TT players, the $26 bid for their own players.

As I type this, I also keep going back to the links (I should've just printed them all out  laughing ), and looking at the time stamps, it looked like the auction basically opened up with the FT & TT players, by their original teams.

Anyway, I'm probably getting ahead of myself on this stuff and will see how things are laid out as the time gets closer.  In the meantime, it's just nervous anticipation around NightHawks Camp. nailbiting

No need to do that Bern. Where you see that happening was owners opening bidding on their own player so they knew his fate sooner. This really pissed Andy off so the rules have been changed now so you can't open your own player.

If there are no bids on a player you've tagged, he's yours once RFA ends.

It does add a whole new dimension to bidding strategy this year.

cheers

Ok, that helps clear things up.  I saw in the Bylaws that you couldn't start bidding on your own players, but I didn't realize that was a new rule.  Then I thought it was a different process for Tagged players and they were put up first to get through those players.  Since this is kind of a new format this year, I guess I'm not too far behind the learning curve compared to the seasoned vets. grin  

Next up on my spreadsheet, an accurate accounting of everybody's WB's so I can see where I stack up with other teams in real time, especially if I need to be ready to protect and bid on one of my own guys.  I will also have an accountant on retainer during bidding time to help track all moving WB's.

When Tag time came, I've been worried the whole time as I've already tied up nearly 2/3's of my WB's in tags, but I really didn't see much of an option for my roster as I had so many 0 contract players.  Pretty much had to do something with Derek Carr & Alec Ogletree and that alone cost me $150 WB's.  It's going to be exciting to see how things unfold, even though I'm bound to make mistakes. laughing


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3630

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:43 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
For further clarification on this RFA rule -

Quote :
H. If a bid is placed on a player that has been tagged, the player's current owner will NOT be notified that another team has made an offer to their player.

Why does this specify just tagged players?  I assume there is no notification process on any player that is bid on (tagged or not) other than watching the postings for nominations and bids.

It goes for all players, not just the tagged ones.

So if you don't check the forum daily, you could lose of your guys.


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5349

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:11 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Question about Transition tags- could an owner bid with a higher pick if they wanted? Like if I wanted a TT player, could I bid a 1st on them if I didn't have a 2nd or if I really wanted the player?

Pretty sure this is possible.


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5902

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:18 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
This really pissed Andy off

Why?

He didn't like people taking their fate in their own hands.  wink     I really hope this doesn't stifle bidding like I think it will.   We'll see.

I agree with Andy the way we used to do it was a cop out, was lame, and ruined the fun. Time to make roster Wars great again. Since Andy took over in his first 51 days, illegal bidding has gone down 51% and Roster wars is safer then ever. Don't listen to the fake news! We needed to repeal and replace the unfair bidding practices by foreign companies. Did you know some are charging 100% tariffs to our RFA while we get nothing? Not fair, not fair...

When your goal is spreading mayhem vs building a good team it's no surprise that you prefer the change... laughing


Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6079

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:44 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
This really pissed Andy off

Why?

He didn't like people taking their fate in their own hands.  wink     I really hope this doesn't stifle bidding like I think it will.   We'll see.

I am worried about this as well. It almost seems like nobody will lose their players possibly if we are all trying to save to protect our own.


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8921

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:22 pm

I don't see the overall spend being very different to previous years. People will pay for the players they want, same as always.

In some ways they may pay more to get a replacement player of the same position as their FT or whatever, just in case.

We'll find out soon enough!



Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2390

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:50 pm

I know every year people complain about the 1 WB increment bids. Get ready for a lot of that, this will easily be the longest RFA period we've seen yet. I'm excited about the new process, a lot more strategy involve and as long as RFA is done by the Rookie draft who cares how long it takes. We've got nothing but time.


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8302

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:52 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
This really pissed Andy off

Why?

He didn't like people taking their fate in their own hands.  wink     I really hope this doesn't stifle bidding like I think it will.   We'll see.

I agree with Andy the way we used to do it was a cop out, was lame, and ruined the fun. Time to make roster Wars great again. Since Andy took over in his first 51 days, illegal bidding has gone down 51% and Roster wars is safer then ever. Don't listen to the fake news! We needed to repeal and replace the unfair bidding practices by foreign companies. Did you know some are charging 100% tariffs to our RFA while we get nothing? Not fair, not fair...

When your goal is spreading mayhem vs building a good team it's no surprise that you prefer the change... laughing

Irish... look at meeee... I'm the Captain now. In all seriousness you can both build a good team and cause mayhem. And hey you should have let me have Landry it would have cost you a lot less mayhem. If I want a player I will do everything to get him that means bidding over 100 for a cb if I want him. Life is too short to worry about WBs! I'm a peacock let me fly!


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8119

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:15 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
This really pissed Andy off

Why?

He didn't like people taking their fate in their own hands.  wink     I really hope this doesn't stifle bidding like I think it will.   We'll see.

I agree with Andy the way we used to do it was a cop out, was lame, and ruined the fun. Time to make roster Wars great again. Since Andy took over in his first 51 days, illegal bidding has gone down 51% and Roster wars is safer then ever. Don't listen to the fake news! We needed to repeal and replace the unfair bidding practices by foreign companies. Did you know some are charging 100% tariffs to our RFA while we get nothing? Not fair, not fair...

When your goal is spreading mayhem vs building a good team it's no surprise that you prefer the change... laughing

Irish... look at meeee... I'm the Captain now. In all seriousness you can both build a good team and cause mayhem. And hey you should have let me have Landry it would have cost you a lot less mayhem. If I want a player I will do everything to get him that means bidding over 100 for a cb if I want him. Life is too short to worry about WBs! I'm a peacock let me fly!
I READ THAT WITH A VERY FLAMBOYANT VOICE IN MY HEAD

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23398

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:26 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Question about Transition tags- could an owner bid with a higher pick if they wanted? Like if I wanted a TT player, could I bid a 1st on them if I didn't have a 2nd or if I really wanted the player?

Pretty sure this is possible.  

Incorrect. I suppose one could bring that up for the future but you need a 1st to go after a FT player. You need a 2nd to go after a TT (2nd Rd) player. Obviously if someone does a 4th Rd TT you would need a 4th round pick to chase that player.

While the initial logic I'm sure Brad (and others) are using is that a better pick should totally be on the table realize that we might as well scrap this setup entirely because everyone would be eligible for all players all the time. Boring. As it stands today (and I'm not breaking it all down specifically) there a re a couple teams who absolutely cannot chase certain tagged players because they don't have qualifying picks to do so. That's by design. Teams with tagged players should absolutely be able to see that, recognize it and use it to make their decisions.

Also, and while I don't think it would happen, if we were to allow such things you open the door for collusion just a little because I could give a 4th round TT tag to a player and another owner who REALLY REALLY wants the player but for some reason has traded all of their dumb picks away says "fuck it" and bids on my 4th Rd TT using a 1st round pick. I then get a 1st round pick for the player and someone decides that the bidding owner and I have had one too many beers together or whatever and shit runs amock. Fuck that. I don't need that when as we have it today you can just trade for a player before/after RFA or get the pick needed to bid on said player within the rules as they're stated.



Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5547

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:29 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Question about Transition tags- could an owner bid with a higher pick if they wanted? Like if I wanted a TT player, could I bid a 1st on them if I didn't have a 2nd or if I really wanted the player?

Pretty sure this is possible.  

Incorrect.  I suppose one could bring that up for the future but you need a 1st to go after a FT player.  You need a 2nd to go after a TT (2nd Rd) player.  Obviously if someone does a 4th Rd TT you would need a 4th round pick to chase that player.

While the initial logic I'm sure Brad (and others) are using is that a better pick should totally be on the table realize that we might as well scrap this setup entirely because everyone would be eligible for all players all the time.  Boring.  As it stands today (and I'm not breaking it all down specifically) there a re a couple teams who absolutely cannot chase certain tagged players because they don't have qualifying picks to do so.  That's by design.  Teams with tagged players should absolutely be able to see that, recognize it and use it to make their decisions.

Also, and while I don't think it would happen, if we were to allow such things you open the door for collusion just a little because I could give a 4th round TT tag to a player and another owner who REALLY REALLY wants the player but for some reason has traded all of their dumb picks away says "fuck it" and bids on my 4th Rd TT using a 1st round pick.  I then get a 1st round pick for the player and someone decides that the bidding owner and I have had one too many beers together or whatever and shit runs amock.  Fuck that.  I don't need that when as we have it today you can just trade for a player before/after RFA or get the pick needed to bid on said player within the rules as they're stated.


And you have now discovered the genius of my strategy -- with the Brawlers having 6 4th round picks, there are only a few teams fighting me for those 4th round tagged players.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23398

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:30 pm

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
This really pissed Andy off

Why?

It was never the intent of the bylaws. It went against the spirit of the the rule. I should have put an end to it the first time someone did it.

RFA is gonna be scarier this year for several people. Someone is gonna get fucked. I hope it isn't me. Good luck to all.

Managing the acquisition and retention of players is a tricky juggling act and not everyone will be successful. When everyone could just jerk off into their ceiling fan and open bidding on their own tagged player for the cost of 1WB it downgraded the RFA experience by a lot and the gain was everyone felt wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more in control of things. Not the intent.

It's gonna get hairy everyone. Enjoy.


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3630

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:31 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
I know every year people complain about the 1 WB increment bids. Get ready for a lot of that, this will easily be the longest RFA period we've seen yet. I'm excited about the new process,  a lot more strategy involve and as long as RFA is done by the Rookie draft who cares how long it takes. We've got nothing but time.

Wait!?! Did I miss something? We can only bid in $1 increments?

And what new process are you speaking of?


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23398

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:42 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:
I know every year people complain about the 1 WB increment bids. Get ready for a lot of that, this will easily be the longest RFA period we've seen yet. I'm excited about the new process,  a lot more strategy involve and as long as RFA is done by the Rookie draft who cares how long it takes. We've got nothing but time.

Wait!?!  Did I miss something?  We can only bid in $1 increments?

And what new process are you speaking of?

He's talking about the folks who get butthurt when people bid by 1WB because they would like to get player at the lowest possible price. Some people want it to be over fast and bid up by xWB to push people away in fear. Others will always bid the lowest possible. Neither way is right/wrong.

This RFA will frustrate some people but as a very impatient person I can totally say...."just have some patience fuckers!"

In a past league this process absolutely had me in a juggling position and I lost. I thought I had it worked out but timing of bids left me losing my Antonio Brown (to that fucker Rob btw) and left taking home that dirtbag Roddy White because I got cute and thought I would get Brown.

People should not be screwing around slow rolling our RFA session just to be fucking dickheads but there are scenarios where one is forced to bid once they know the outcome of another auction. Just chill.

Strategies will be numerous.


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   

Back to top Go down
 
Tag Talk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: