HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Tag Talk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Tag Talk   Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:57 am

Figured I would start a thread to discuss players who are being tagged. Several intent tags have been laid in, any interesting ones? Any tags that you thought were stupid? The comp tag is going to be fun. I need March 31st to get here.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:51 am

I'll go first. I don't believe a single thing posted in the official threads. We'll see on March 31st.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:39 am

I agree. I dont think there should be any comments on what people are doing until it is official and unchangeable.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:51 am

Alright, no league discussion. Got it.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:57 am

Feel free to talk about my guys, although, as noted earlier, I wouldn't place much credence in the names up there.  Or maybe you should?  Or shouldn't?  Who knows?

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:16 pm

Ya, we shouldn't be doing a thread like this. Even though it would be fun it might sway someone from making a selection and thus effect all of us. I feel we should be very tight lipped with tags till after they are official.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:20 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Ya, we shouldn't be doing a thread like this. Even though it would be fun it might sway someone from making a selection and thus effect all of us. I feel we should be very tight lipped with tags till after they are official.

I agree. I already convinced Sty to change his comp tag.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:25 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

I agree. I already convinced Sty to change his comp tag.
Actually you did! the "good luck getting some of your 10 wb's back" had an affect on why it is now Jelani Jenkins vs who I had. :)

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:03 pm

Just to please Mike, I will not be using the SFT this season. Probably.

It's *****OFFICIAL******

eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:59 pm

I have no comments mostly because Sty said we shouldnt.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:42 pm

I wasn't saying discussing is a bad idea. Just saying I think the early posts are likely bluffs. Or not. But it would certainly make sense as a way to screw around with trade bait.

Would actually be great to mess with owners who post early. 10 points for each tag you convince an owner to change somehow. laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:48 pm

Not everyone is smart enough to bluff. I actually put real peeps on my tags. I didnt even thing about bluffing...

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:31 pm

I'm thinking about going tagless.  Are owners squandering ~50 WB a year when they use all available tags?  In DD at least, I think it may be the case.

SFT - I can probably keep anyone I want for cheaper.  And I get to tie up an opponents available WB by letting their high bids linger a bit. Probably save at least 5 - 10 WB at the least and if I pay 5 - 10 more by chance, perhaps I won players my opponent couldn't bid on for that day or two.

FT - Same.  Don't really see a player on my roster that anyone is going to give a 1st plus for.  Yeah, it makes guys easier to bid on when removing the extra entry price, but not a ton of WB out there. Might get my FT candidates for 25 - 45

TT - This is the only really tough decision.  Candidates are well worth 25 so trying to slow down opponents by making them spend a 2nd is helpful.  Would only be passing on it to be able to say I fully tested going tagless.

Ext - If I can keep the candidate for 40ish or less I win despite spending more.  Restriction to 1 year contract hurts so paying double for contract of my choosing is worth quite a bit extra.  Can argue that it saves me that extra amount or more the following season.  Though I do have a guy or two who may be great for just one more season.

Comp - Love this new tag, but obviously the more a player is worth, the more he is worth to me in my starting lineup.  The candidate or two that I don't like but could sell well are real gambles.  Just as likely to break even.

So, I keep all my WB and become a lot more powerful (and agile) in RFA.  I think the tactic of bidding up players I may not intend to own goes hand in hand with this strategy.  Gambling part of the initial 100-200 WB advantage in an attempt to break some banks early.  Ultimately though, I'd have to accept the risk of the top tier of my RFAs turning over and having (hoping) to replace them with equal or better players from other rosters.  Ya never know.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:04 am

I don't think there's any harm in discussing these tags. Just as I don't think there's any harm in posting tags you might not mean.

It's the season of lies and smokescreens, we're all grown ups.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:48 am

New England Nineties wrote:
I don't think there's any harm in discussing these tags. Just as I don't think there's any harm in posting tags you might not mean.

Exactly. It's a secret you have that player. It's going to be a huge shock when you Tag them.

BTW. My Cobb Tag will stand. Maybe even Barnedge. And Palmer. You figure it out. It makes my head hurt.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:41 am

New England Nineties wrote:

My point exactly. Who cares, it's fun and it's the dead time of the season. And to the point that we could "change people's minds", that was a joke right? If an owner is that weak and can't make their own judgements that is their problem IMO.

I just thought it would be fun to discuss the current plans, but if not it's cool. The guys I put up are truly the 4 I am dealing with this offseason, no smokescreen. I don't think my secrets are genius enough to fool all of you fine gentleman.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:50 am

Hey no problem! We have a smart group here I guess you all are right no harm in discussing tags.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:23 am

I'll tell you one thing I've changed my compensation tag in my head roughly 1 billion times... FUCK.... I think I just changed my mind again shrug

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:23 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
I'll tell you one thing I've changed my compensation tag in my head roughly 1 billion times... FUCK.... I think I just changed my mind again shrug

That's the one that keeps changing for me too.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:27 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

That's the one that keeps changing for me too.

I absolutely love the comp tag. Everyone's approach to that process will be awesome to see. See if some have big pay days, or if you get hosed.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:35 am

I agree, awesome addition to the offense

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:54 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
I agree, awesome addition to the offense

Poor defense...

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:43 am

Damn spell check...*off season

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:16 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
My point exactly. Who cares, it's fun and it's the dead time of the season. And to the point that we could "change people's minds", that was a joke right? If an owner is that weak and can't make their own judgements that is their problem IMO.

I just thought it would be fun to discuss the current plans, but if not it's cool. The guys I put up are truly the 4 I am dealing with this offseason, no smokescreen. I don't think my secrets are genius enough to fool all of you fine gentleman.

Sure it's possible to change someone's plan. Happens all the time in trade negotiations. If someone has a tag planned and you can convince them to trade instead...you've done it! Has zilch to do with weakness. IMO

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:18 am

I don't even know whose on my team.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:20 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Last I checked you still had KaDeem Cary!

mock

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:21 am

We've never heard of any of those losers either.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:25 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:

mock

Good. I still like him.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:31 am

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Sure it's possible to change someone's plan.  Happens all the time in trade negotiations.  If someone has a tag planned and you can convince them to trade instead...you've done it!  Has zilch to do with weakness. IMO

No I wasn't talking about that. That's actually a good thing, posting intentional tags is awesome because I think it Spurs more trade talks. I was talking about owners getting their feelings hurt and changing their plan of action. That's how I thought it was presented as a bad thing.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:02 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:

mock

Carey could see the field more this year. Langford is a stud though

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:24 pm

I would enjoy someone coming after Murray with the FT, because then that would mean I traded a 3rd round for a 1st round strait up.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:36 pm

Quick question I was wondering about tagged RFA's. Would it be okay for a team to negotiate a tag during RFA?

For example, let's say I had franchise tagged a player, and there was a nomination by a team with multiple firsts. During the RFA bidding process could I theoretically tell the team that if they bid with their earlier first the player is theirs? Or would that be a form of collusion?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:03 pm

You'd think one the player is tagged and the bidding starts it would be out of the owners hands to move the player or change anything to do with the bid other than match....

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:04 pm

Quick question I was wondering about tagged RFA's.  Would it be okay for a team to negotiate a tag during RFA?  

For example, let's say I had franchise tagged a player, and there was a nomination by a team with multiple firsts.  During the RFA bidding process could I theoretically tell the team that if they bid with their earlier first the player is theirs?  Or would that be a form of collusion?

That sounds like collusion to me unless we change the rules. That would still leave some gray area.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:11 pm

Two thoughts on Matt's idea. First, the NFL allows it so I don't see an issue. But, to my second point,who would do it as the buyer? How many WBs will you really save and is it worth saving them to give up a better pick? I'm thinking no in most situations.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:15 pm

Quick question I was wondering about tagged RFA's.  Would it be okay for a team to negotiate a tag during RFA?  

For example, let's say I had franchise tagged a player, and there was a nomination by a team with multiple firsts.  During the RFA bidding process could I theoretically tell the team that if they bid with their earlier first the player is theirs?  Or would that be a form of collusion?

Don't think so. Other teams than the two of you would still have the ability to bid.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:29 pm

Decatur Freakshow wrote:

Don't think so. Other teams than the two of you would still have the ability to bid.

Right, but often a bid goes down to 2 managers going back and forth. And regarding when this could happen, I'm imagining a team in a situation where they have a few picks close together (maybe like 1.07, 1,08, 1.09). If he was bidding on a player I had placed a franchise tag on using the 1.09, and I continued matching his bids, I'm asking if I could say something along the lines of 'match, but if you bid with the 1.07 instead I'd let him go'. For the bidding owner, maybe the bump up of a few picks might be worth getting his guy?

Again, obviously this isn't the norm as it hasn't happened yet through several RFA sessions. Just thought of the scenario earlier and was curious how it would be received.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:22 pm

That's one of those things that would be impossible for me to stop seeing as on could just do it privately via email but that said, the league is not gonna green light it in the sense that one could post it outright with a bid either. I would like to think it just wouldn't go on.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:28 pm

On this note, and forgive me because I'm still new, but what can be said during the bidding process? Can I say that I will match all bids? Or that I won't increase any bids? Or that, if some bids with rookie pick 1.6, or 2.6, or 3.6, or higher that I won't match? Is the issue that it's between 2 people as opposed to general knowledge? It seems that the best course of action would be total silence during the bidding process.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:37 pm

That's one of those things that would be impossible for me to stop seeing as on could just do it privately via email but that said, the league is not gonna green light it in the sense that one could post it outright with a bid either.  I would like to think it just wouldn't go on.

Okay that's what I figured.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:50 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
On this note, and forgive me because I'm still new, but what can be said during the bidding process?  Can I say that I will match all bids?  Or that I won't increase any bids?  Or that, if some bids with rookie pick 1.6, or 2.6, or 3.6, or higher that I won't match?  Is the issue that it's between 2 people as opposed to general knowledge?  It seems that the best course of action would be total silence during the bidding process.

No, you can't post that you will match or increase bids once, and then not post again. You have 24 hours to post that you match the latest, highest bid or you will lose that player. I guess that answers some of your question, but the other questions actually confused me?! Which isn't hard to do mock

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:53 pm

I think that helps. So the best bet is to be quiet with intentions.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:39 am

You can say anything you like in the threads but you'd still need to match each bid within 24 hours.

Mind games are perfectly fine. You can say that you won't match any rookie pick higher than 1.06 (or whatever) but you can still then match if someone bids with the 1.04 for example.

Nothing said in a bid post is binding except the WBs and the pick.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:31 am

Seems to me that people are looking for loopholes outside of the rules. Just a bit.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:39 am

I just updated my tags mostly due to this Tag Talk thread. Thanks all. Threads like these are great for people that aren't smart enough to make their own picks/choices.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:44 am

I just updated my tags mostly due to this Tag Talk thread. Thanks all. Threads like these are great for people that aren't smart enough to make their own picks/choices.

So you thought about it, changed your mind, and THOSE are the players you decided to tag? Maybe this thread is working.   laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:07 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

So you thought about it, changed your mind, and THOSE are the players you decided to tag? Maybe this thread is working.   laughing

lol3

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:32 am

Wow TT is doing it right when it comes to the compensation tags. Matt Forte now in the running.

P.S. It is nice being broke as I don't have to worry about any temptations to bid for any players. And I mean ANY players.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:38 am

Wow TT is doing it right when it comes to the compensation tags. Matt Forte now in the running.

P.S. It is nice being broke as I don't have to worry about any temptations to bid for any players. And I mean ANY players.

Yeah, looks like better Comp tag players than I would have expected. And Sty, I was just giving you a hard time before, you are a rockstar!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:42 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Yeah, looks like better Comp tag players than I would have expected. And Sty, I was just giving you a hard time before, you are a rockstar!
I have good recollection when I hear a tune but I am not musically inclined. I do love to draw though. I wish I had more time. I would devote time to drawing/painting and also writing a book. I always wanted to write a book. But never was interested in being a rock star sorry.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tag Talk   

Back to top Go down

Tag Talk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: