:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Rules question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Rules question   Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:48 am

I am opening myself to comments for asking what is likely a dumb question but is the April 3 RFA period limited to RFAs or can we bid on all players at that time?  I think that the answer is no based on some of the rules but I don't see a definitive answer.

Thanks,

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Rules question   Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:03 am

No = Short answer

Someone else will be better at the long answer. lol3

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Rules question   Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:07 am

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:
No = Short answer

Someone else will be better at the long answer.  lol3

Thanks.  I'm sure Nick will know the full answer.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Rules question   Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:08 am

RFA's (non tagged players with 0 yrs) and all Tagged 1st (FT), 2nd (TT), and the new Comp Tag players can all be called out into the market during the April Bidding Period. So Non Tagged and Tagged can be actively bid on at the same time.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Rules question   Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:27 pm

Extended players, those marked with the Super Franchise Tag, and those with 1 or more years left on their contract are excluded from bidding. The only way to get at 'em is via trade.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Rules question   Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:39 pm

Players that are not on a fantasy team cannot be bid on. Those players can be picked in the rookie/fa draft.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Rules question   Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:43 pm

Players that play sports other than football can not be bid on either

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Rules question   Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:47 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:

awesome lol 2

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Rules question   Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:05 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:

Yeah. Perfect response to those ahead of you. lol 2

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Rules question   Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:49 pm

Oh, and you can only bid on the aforementioned free agents in your conference.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Rules question   Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:51 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Oh, and you can only bid on the aforementioned free agents in your conference.

WHAT?!!?!?! Since when?

hairout

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Rules question   Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Players that are not on a fantasy team cannot be bid on. Those players can be picked in the rookie/fa draft.

Thanks for all the responses -- the serious and not so serious ones included.  Carla's no and the answer above seem to be the clearest.  Although knowing that I don't need to scout Big Papi or Kevin Durant will make life a lot easier.

Now I just need to get a handle on how you guys (particularly the TT) value defensive players and WBs.  Will need to fumble through some deals here.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Rules question   Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:35 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

Thanks for all the responses -- the serious and not so serious ones included.  Carla's no and the answer above seem to be the clearest.  Although knowing that I don't need to scout Big Papi or Kevin Durant will make life a lot easier.

Now I just need to get a handle on how you guys (particularly the TT) value defensive players and WBs.  Will need to fumble through some deals here.

I'll save you the trouble. They are all tightwads!

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Rules question   Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:49 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

Not Shawn...He is as loose as a $2 hooker. It might be because he had his start over there in the minors though.

wink

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Rules question   Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:00 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

Not Shawn...He is as loose as a $2 hooker.  It might be because he had his start over there in the minors though.

wink

laughing

I might spend $2 this season.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Rules question   Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:01 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

All the information you seek is located in the league tracker section. Yes, this league is awesome.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Rules question   Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:15 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

All the information you seek is located in the league tracker section. Yes, this league is awesome.

I got lost down that rabbit hole for a bit last night. Finally saw the "bid on your own guy" strategy at work.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Rules question   Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:19 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

I don't recall this. After the RFA period is over that is indeed the case. However, when we are doing RFA and Tagged guys we are not limited to the RFA sheets Justin and Andy update as our only nomination options. Would love some clarification on this. Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Rules question   Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:57 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

I don't recall this.  After the RFA period is over that is indeed the case.  However, when we are doing RFA and Tagged guys we are not limited to the RFA sheets Justin and Andy update as our only nomination options.  Would love some clarification on this.  Thanks.

Yes. RFA is only for players on expired contracts. Our master list is the official guide for RFA.

Players that receive an extension obviously have contracts and are not eligible to be bid on.
SFT players are not eligible to bid on.

All other expired players are eligible...expired or transition tagged or franchise tagged or compensation tagged.

Players that are just free agents are not eligible in RFA. Those players are eligible at our annual rookie/FA draft.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules question   

Back to top Go down

Rules question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: