AuthorMessage
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:37 am

Ahhhh, of course. That conference only.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:11 pm

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:
Ahhhh, of course.   That conference only.

I thought he was just extrapolating what your record should have been without all the fluky wins... laughing

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:58 pm

If anybody wants to pay me 81 WBs for the 2.02, it's theirs.

cheers

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:08 pm

My feeling is that almost all top shelf players in TT get tagged. Any owner who has too many players to tag usually trades some of them away. And then there is very little action on tagged players because we all like our draft picks. So there isn't really that much exciting to spend money on...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:12 pm

My viewpoint is this regarding WB's- It is all situational. Take my situation. This year I am going to use all my tags. That is 205 WB's right there. I sold the pick because I want to have some WB's available to fill holes in RFA. Will I go gangbusters? Probably not, but instead of that one player I would get in the 2nd round, I can now afford to move around and get some much needed pieces for my team, whereas I would not have had that option before. WB's become more valuable in different situations, and each owner has a different plan.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:22 pm

Me... Well glad you axed... I am in a different situation, ok this is going to be a reach but I'll even develop a word for where my team is. "Rebuild".
Last year I repaired my Qbs through the draft. This year I want some more prospects that I can groom to the point where they are at their prime and then trade them for low picks. (True story).
Anyway picks are more important that WBs this year for me so send your offers my way till I'm drained!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:30 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Me... Well glad you axed... I am in a different situation, ok this is going to be a reach but I'll even develop a word for where my team is. "Rebuild".
Last year I repaired my Qbs through the draft. This year I want some more prospects that I can groom to the point where they are at their prime and then trade them for low picks. (True story).
Anyway  picks are more important that WBs this year for me so send your offers my way till I'm drained!  

You can have the 1.01 for your 1.03 and 143 WB's if you propose it in the next 10 minutes. HURRY!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:14 pm

The way I see it, the value of a Warbuck should change for every owner depending on their situation. I am enjoying this conversation.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:20 pm

Now, this gets us back to Dave Ramsey type concepts. The value of a WB should not really change.  It should be worth what it's worth.  But, if you have someone that has not saved properly, you can get a nice premium for giving them the hamburger today and letting them pay you tomorrow.  But, for those that are overly frugal, they may end up needing to sell at a discount because they have more than they can use.  But, because you have 11 people to buy from, the absolute value of the WB should not change, although different owners may place a different value on it.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:23 pm

I'll buy late 2nds. Send me offers!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:23 pm

I got about 5 offers out right now for WB's so jump on them before they are gone. As soon as one offer is accepted all the others get revoked (mostly cause I will be broke).

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:24 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
I'll buy late 2nds.  Send me offers!

I have a 3.01 with your name on it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:26 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:
I'll buy late 2nds.  Send me offers!

I have a 3.01 with your name on it.

He wants 2nd's so he can steal a Trans Tagged player lol. I been there back when I was not wb's poor.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:40 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Now, this gets us back to Dave Ramsey type concepts. The value of a WB should not really change.  It should be worth what it's worth.  But, if you have someone that has not saved properly, you can get a nice premium for giving them the hamburger today and letting them pay you tomorrow.  But, for those that are overly frugal, they may end up needing to sell at a discount because they have more than they can use.  But, because you have 11 people to buy from, the absolute value of the WB should not change, although different owners may place a different value on it.

If I am a serious threat contender, the Warbuck cannot score points for me so fuck the Warbuck and I will utilize them in any way I can to increase my teams talent.
If I am not a contender, the stashing Warbucks is much more useful increasing their value to me.
If I am the favorite to win the league, then I can try to balance the "my team is already good enough to win" with "I'm gonna try to save WBs to stay in this position and keep bringing in new talent so the party never ends"
If I am in the absolute cellar, I need draft picks and Warbucks and would do ANYTHING to get them.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:47 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:

If I am a serious threat contender, the Warbuck cannot score points for me so fuck the Warbuck and I will utilize them in any way I can to increase my teams talent.
If I am not a contender, the stashing Warbucks is much more useful increasing their value to me.
If I am the favorite to win the league, then I can try to balance the "my team is already good enough to win" with "I'm gonna try to save WBs to stay in this position and keep bringing in new talent so the party never ends"
If I am in the absolute cellar, I need draft picks and Warbucks and would do ANYTHING to get them.

Nailed it. WBs are very tricky to value as their worth is situationally dependent....

cheers

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:49 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

Andy where the fluck am I? shrug

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:50 pm

Overall, I think picks are at their highest value now. And then drop to near their lowest during the actual draft. Seems like almost everyone is more open to getting rid of them once they start to see the actual players they represent.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:51 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Overall, I think picks are at their highest value now.  And then drop to near their lowest during the actual draft.  Seems like almost everyone is more open to getting rid of them once they start to see the actual players they represent.  
Corey you pissing all over my happy place. I am drenched... no

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:52 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

In the park wearing a tutu running from guys with butterfly nets. Enjoy your day sir.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:53 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Overall, I think picks are at their highest value now.  And then drop to near their lowest during the actual draft.  Seems like almost everyone is more open to getting rid of them once they start to see the actual players they represent.  

That's interesting.  Usually you see them peak in value at the time of the draft and you have some buying opportunities right now.  Gotta get back to researching some more I guess.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:53 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

In the park wearing a tutu running from guys with butterfly nets.  Enjoy your day sir.

rofl HAHAHA! Hey tell the new insurance headhunters to leave me alone! LMAO rofl

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:54 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:

Agreed. Will be interesting to see if any trades for WB's in the draft and what they are valued at. Then we will have a comparison before draft and during.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:55 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:

That's interesting.  Usually you see them peak in value at the time of the draft and you have some buying opportunities right now.  Gotta get back to researching some more I guess.

Yeah, I think picks will increase in value right up until they have to be used. We love the thought of OUR draft picking ability.

LOL

eating popcorn

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:09 pm

Ok I am done buying picks after this last deal:

Roster Wars Trade

England Dragons gave up:
Year 2016 Draft Pick 1.09
Year 2017 Round 3 Draft Pick from England Dragons
Year 2017 Round 4 Draft Pick from Muskego Muskies

Tarpon Springs RedKnights gave up:
Year 2016 Draft Pick 3.09
Year 2017 Round 2 Draft Pick from Tarpon Springs RedKnights
Year 2017 Round 3 Draft Pick from Atlanta Africans
$70.00 in blind bidding

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:12 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:

I am mostly basing that on how many picks get offered up immediately before and during the draft. Lots of wanting to move up or move down though so don't know that people are looking for WB, but open to moving them in general.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: value: picks -> WB   

Back to top Go down

value: picks -> WB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: