:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

IR Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
New England Nineties

PostSubject: IR Question   Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:39 pm

Quick question. I was looking over the list of things you get fined for and I want to understand what this is:

"- Not activating IR players by the February deadline"

On the league Calendar, it says this:

February 1st: Contracts are rolled back 1 year
1st: IR players are re-activated
1st: Yearly stipend of WBs

There are several teams with players on the IR, my own included. I just want to understand if there's something we need to do. Do we need to active these players ourselves before like today? Do we need to get under the cap or something even before contracts are reduced?

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: IR Question   Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:53 pm

FINE EVERYBODY!

But for the real answer I think it is

"B. During the month of February, all IR players must be reinstated to the active roster. "

RULZ

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: IR Question   Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:40 pm

I thought we were supposed to do this before the month. Just how I understood it.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: IR Question   Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:50 pm

It would be weird if we had to take them off the IR before the contracts were reduced though since most of us wouldn't have room (which is the whole point of the IR in the first place).

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: IR Question   Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:53 pm

#confused

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: IR Question   Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:56 pm

Andy to the Red courtesy Phone, ANDY TO THE RED COURTESY PHONE!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: IR Question   Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: IR Question   Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:26 pm

I have nothing to contribute in this thread except to say how nice it is to have Mike still with us. He has good questions. Wish Andy would stop screwing up our bylaws. Can I change my questionnaire? To less then a year on how long you plan on being with RW? Goooaaad!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: IR Question   Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:49 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
I have nothing to contribute in this thread except to say how nice it is to have Mike still with us. He has good questions. Wish Andy would stop screwing up our bylaws. Can I change my questionnaire? To less then a year on how long you plan on being with RW? Goooaaad!

I did my part in the questionnaire to get his ass fired. This stuff happens all the time. I think it's because he doesn't spend an adequate time on the league. He half asses it. beer

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: IR Question   Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:55 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:

I did my part in the questionnaire to get his ass fired. This stuff happens all the time. I think it's because he doesn't spend an adequate time on the league. He half asses it. beer

good post

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: IR Question   Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:08 pm

The problem is the site does not roll over till literally a day or sometimes two after the Superbowl. This year the Superbowl is quite late coming on Feb 7th. Blame the NFL.

As for activating ... seems either A) or B) is fine, guess it depends on how muddled you want your roster to look. Just don't wait till March 1st or you may feel the Grand Pooh Bah's wrath.

Q.2 Use of Injured Reserve
For a player to be put on IR, he must be placed on Injured Reserve by his NFL team and it must be recognized by the myfantasyleague.com service. The only way a player can be activated from the IR before February is if he was activated in the NFL and the myfantasyleague.com site recognizes this change.

A. Once Week 16 ends, injured reserve players may be activated if you wish as there is no contract cap.

B. During the month of February, all IR players must be reinstated to the active roster.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: IR Question   Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:20 pm

During the off season we move to a soft cap on contract years instead of the usual hard cap with the understanding you need to get your shit together by the time you need to declare contracts for the 2016 season. Here's the pertinent info:

L.1 Contract Cap (total years available)
Each franchise has a contract cap of 120 years. The sum of all of your players contracts CANNOT exceed 120 except for the following exceptions...

1. During the season, through use of Injured Reserve (see Section Q).
2. From the conclusion of Week 16 until one week after contracts are rolled back there is no contract cap to allow for activation of players from the IR and further freedom in trading.

**There is no cap to the years of any individual player.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: IR Question   Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:38 pm

The intent was that players on IR would be re-activated in February. The deadline is the end of February. Some started doing it in January and because of the softcap at this time it was pointed out to me that it wasn't hurting anything. My players are still on IR. I am still waiting until we have our new site and the contracts are rolled back. Just how I prefer to do it.

As with everything, I will warn people 5 times if a deadline is coming that would result in a fine. Nothing that will result in a penalty will be sneaking up on you...

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: IR Question   Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:00 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
The deadline is the end of February.

vote yes

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: IR Question   Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:54 am

This is all good to know, even though I knew it already tongue

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: IR Question   Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:30 am

I like to keep my players on IR until the little "IR" next to their name disappears.  I might even pay $10 for the right to do so if it was necessary.  tongue

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: IR Question   Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:44 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
I like to keep my players on IR until the little "IR" next to their name disappears.  I might even pay $10 for the right to do so if it was necessary.  tongue

Don't joke about paying fines... tough guy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IR Question   

Back to top Go down

IR Question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: