Share | 

Michael Floyd WR MIN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Cosell on Floyd

(Rotoworld) NFL Films guru Greg Cosell "(sees) some of Dwayne Bowe" in Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd. Analysis: At 6-foot-3, 220 pounds, Floyd is slightly bigger than Bowe, but Cosell thinks Floyd has "better quicks." Cosell also believes he likes Floyd more than Oklahoma State's Justin Blackmon. There's a legitimate chance Floyd could come off the board before Blackmon.
Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:24 pm

I am seeing more and more talk of that. I don't think it will happen, but Floyd may prove out to be the better WR

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:39 pm

I've been saying from the get-go that I like Floyd better than Blackmon. Bob will vouch for that!

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:13 am

yeah this guy's picking up steam.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:19 am

Quote :
The buzz is building around Notre Dame wide receiver Michael Floyd, who improved his draft stock with a standout pro day last week. NFL.com's Gil Brandt speculates Floyd could be the first receiver to go in the draft, ahead of Oklahoma State's Justin Blackmon.

Floyd said Sunday on SiriusXM NFL Radio that he would visit with the Tennessee Titans, St. Louis Rams, New York Jets and Cincinnati Bengals this week. He met with the Carolina Panthers and Cleveland Browns last week and conducted a private workout with the Philadelphia Eagles.
The Arizona Cardinals, Miami Dolphins, San Francisco 49ers and Minnesota Vikings are scheduled to visit with Floyd next week.

I think we can all agree he's a lock for the first round. The only question is... when?

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:07 pm

I don't know if I can trust another ND receiver after Golden Tate broke my heart.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
I don't know if I can trust another ND receiver after Golden Tate broke my heart.

Sigh.....ain't it the truth.................
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:01 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:

Sigh.....ain't it the truth.................

Not entirely sure you can write off Golden Tate. I've liked what I've seen from him to be honest. Bad QB situation though...

As far as a landing spot for Floyd I really like this...

Quote :
Cincinnati Bengals (17th and 21st pick)
The Bengals already hit on one receiver last year in No. 4 overall pick A.J. Green,
and the addition of Floyd would give the Bengals a receiving tandem
overflowing with potential. There's also an element of unknown in the
form of Jerome Simpson, a free agent who is likely facing a suspension after he was sentenced
to a short jail term in connection with a felony drug charge. That
said, it'd be a surprise if Cincinnati took wide receivers in the first
round of back-to-back drafts, especially when the team has needs at
other areas.
Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Man this kid is getting a lot of hype....trouble is there is no one in this draft that can hold a candle to AJ green....

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:19 pm

Injured Calf.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:59 pm

Fitz and Floyd, so much talent, so little QB talent

Sucks really. AZ needs to get a QB soon.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:44 pm

Quote :
Updating a previous story, Arizona Cardinals WR Michael Floyd (hand) will miss roughly six weeks, after suffering three broken fingers on his left hand Wednesday, Aug. 5.

Sucks for him.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:54 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
Updating a previous story, Arizona Cardinals WR Michael Floyd (hand) will miss roughly six weeks, after suffering three broken fingers on his left hand Wednesday, Aug. 5.

Sucks for him.

Good for my John Brown... Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:57 pm

When Floyd is not busy failing to live up to the hype, he is busy getting injured... always something with this guy... he is on the path to becoming a bust if he doesn't turn things around soon!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:47 pm

This guy started his career good, but has definitely hit a brick wall. Just not as good as he was advertised no

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:52 am

Yeah, he has dicked me. I could have traded him a bunch of times, and my eyes had the shiny gold blinders on thinking he was going to be a very good player. Maybe not.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:10 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Yeah, he has dicked me. I could have traded him a bunch of times, and my eyes had the shiny gold blinders on thinking he was going to be a very good player. Maybe not.

I am right there with you man... This guy has or maybe had, so much talent, it is surprising to me that he has had such a tough time at least being a consistently above average WR2 type with potential to be more... Oh well, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose on these player evaluations, he is quickly moving towards the loser category I am afraid...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:13 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I am right there with you man...    This guy has or maybe had,   so much talent,   it is surprising to me that he has had such a tough time at least being a consistently above average WR2 type with potential to be more...    Oh well,   sometimes you win and sometimes you lose on these player evaluations,   he is quickly moving towards the loser category I am afraid...

Oh he better not be. I am still holding out hope. I need him as my WR3! Unless Dwayne freaking Bowe ever does anything.... sweat

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:04 am

Michael Floyd's three dislocated fingers came through the left palm of his hand.

The fingers punctured the skin through Floyd's hand. It must have been a gruesome injury to see. Floyd underwent surgery and has no official timetable for return. Reporters have stated Floyd's timeline is 3-5 weeks, but coach Bruce Arians gave none when pressed Friday. Floyd seems doubtful for Week 1.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:16 am

Damn. Can't even picture the injury from that description but it sounds rather disgusting.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:17 am

England Dragons wrote:
Michael Floyd's three dislocated fingers came through the left palm of his hand.

The fingers punctured the skin through Floyd's hand. It must have been a gruesome injury to see.

useless   grin

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:21 am

Horrible. 3-5 weeks? I'd be very surprised if it was like how it was reported above.

sick

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:23 am

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:37 am

surprised Jesus, did they wrap the ball inside there as well?   wink

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:52 am

at least he has his teddy bear.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:06 am

Damn, I can't picture how this happened either... how do dislocated fingers punch through the skin in the palm of your hand? Seems like the force it would take to do that would just as likely crush the bones! Crazy injury for sure!

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:56 pm

I almost gave up 2nd round pick for this guy. That was a close call.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:29 pm

How he broke his hand just sounds too painful! If that happened to me, I would have still been passed out stars

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:59 pm

Here's mine a couple years ago...(Still don't have full range of motion).  Bone in pinky through upper palm area.  Result of a fall, fingers bent backwards...."Violently"   lol3

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:17 pm

run for the hills

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:20 pm

Tom, never, ever post that again.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:45 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Tom, never, ever post that again.

hehe Ha!

After the tumble, didn't realize the extent of the damage.  It was dark, and was walking back to the car.  My partner was telling me how spectacular the fall was, told him I was pissed because I thought I tore my pants.  He shined the light on my pants leg, which revealed blood spatter...Traced back up to my hand.  First view was pretty alarming...No pics included.   lol3

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:49 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
run for the hills

this.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:21 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
run for the hills

this.

YEAH... THAT THING WAS GROSS

sicksicksick

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:00 am

Any opportunity to bring my photo back up... Evil laugh

Quote :
Coach Bruce Arians is "optimistic" Michael Floyd (fingers) will play Week 1.
Floyd dislocated his fingers three weeks ago today and had the stitches removed from his hand last week. With 18 days to go until the opener, there's a good chance Floyd will be ready. It's unclear what his role will be with John Brown emerging as Carson Palmer's favorite target and Larry Fitzgerald still manning the short-to-intermediate levels. But Floyd's ADP has dropped significantly, from Round 8 to Round 11, making him a worthy flier.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:55 am

If Palmer stays healthy, I think Floyd has a monster year. Fitz is long in the tooth, and he is the guy now.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:52 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
If Palmer stays healthy, I think Floyd has a monster year. Fitz is long in the tooth, and he is the guy now.

The only problem I see is with Arians and his coaching style. Don't like the way he coaches and the way he handled Fitz last year!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:18 am

Been listening to people talk this clown up for years but seems like his production, when it comes, is forced by the team. Last night was a perfect example. Dude didn't do shit, was on the sideline A LOT and then they trot him out there and get his ass a TD like it was a Make-A-Wish giveaway, meanwhile Fitz, Brown, Brown and Nelson (funny law firm name) were doing all the heavy lifting when it came to the receiving game. WTF?

If Fitz retires and they are left with this guy as their supposed #1, they are fucked.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:59 am

Yeah, he fooled me. Maybe he just doesn't have it.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:20 am

Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:59 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Been listening to people talk this clown up for years but seems like his production, when it comes, is forced by the team.  Last night was a perfect example.  Dude didn't do shit, was on the sideline A LOT and then they trot him out there and get his ass a TD like it was a Make-A-Wish giveaway, meanwhile Fitz, Brown, Brown and Nelson (funny law firm name) were doing all the heavy lifting when it came to the receiving game.  WTF?

If Fitz retires and they are left with this guy as their supposed #1, they are fucked.

There wasn't any heavy lifting being done by any of the ARZ WR's in last nights game, not sure what you saw, but I didn't see anyone have even a decent game (outside of D. Johnson) and a big part of that was due to Palmer's accuracy which was pretty terrible last night... maybe he is nearing the end of his NFL window...

As for Floyd, whatever, he isn't a stud, probably never will be, but neither are Nelson or either of the Browns, and they never will be either. The good thing about Floyd is his ceiling is so much higher than those other guys, he has had games where he was a dominant #1 making plays at all levels, short intermediate and deep... The Browns and especially Nelson are all one trick pony speed guys... The bad thing about Floyd is he can't seem to be consistent, so while he has a really high ceiling he also seems to have a really average floor which makes him a streaky boom bust player...

Floyd will never be a worthy successor to Fitz, but to think that any of their other current receivers could be is equally as laughable to me. The ARZ WR corps is Fitz as a true #1 and then a bunch of streaky #3 type guys.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:07 pm

Whatever you say buddy....my comments stem from years of listening to a whole lot of people spouting off about his potential yada yada fuckin yada so if you feel a need to defend him then that's cool but I see a soft inconsistent guy who should be able to deliver and doesn't...unless those around him basically force some success on him. What I did see last night was 4 other WR's on the field catching passes while your guy was on the sidelines like a bitch. You say he's better and I've noted your stance.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:05 pm

Whatever you say buddy....my comments stem from years of listening to a whole lot of people spouting off about his potential yada yada fuckin yada so if you feel a need to defend him then that's cool but I see a soft inconsistent guy who should be able to deliver and doesn't...unless those around him basically force some success on him. What I did see last night was 4 other WR's on the field catching passes while your guy was on the sidelines like a bitch. You say he's better and I've noted your stance.

WTF are you talking about Andy? How did I defend him? I essentially agreed on most accounts that he is inconsistent and will likely never be a 'stud' that can be counted on... Somehow that makes him 'my guy'...

My comment was based on the fact that none of the ARZ WR's did much of anything last night, mostly due to Palmer... I also pointed out that the reason so many people talk about his potential is because he has flashed it and he has dominated for several games in his career... These are all easily verifiable as facts...

I know that when you 'hate a guy' you really hate him and won't accept any other alternative... that's fine for you, but as I have already explained I tend to evaluate players more objectively looking at their pros and their cons... and yes, every player in the NFL, has at least some pros (or they never would have made it here)... I shouldn't have to point this out, but just because I note that a certain player may have a good quality or two, it doesn't necessarily follow that they are players I am high on and it certainly doesn't make them 'my guys'...

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:11 pm

WTF are you talking about Andy?    How did I defend him?    I essentially agreed on most accounts that he is inconsistent and will likely never be a 'stud'  that can be counted on...   Somehow that makes him 'my guy'...    

My comment was based on the fact that none of the ARZ WR's did much of anything last night,   mostly due to Palmer...  I also pointed out that the reason so many people talk about his potential is because he has flashed it and he has dominated for several games in his career...   These are all easily verifiable as facts...  

I know that when you 'hate a guy'   you really hate him and won't accept any other alternative...  that's fine for you,   but as I have already explained I tend to evaluate players more objectively looking at their pros and their cons...   and yes,  every player in the NFL,  has at least some pros (or they never would have made it here)...     I shouldn't have to point this out,   but just because I note that a certain player may have a good quality or two,   it doesn't necessarily follow that they are players I am high on and it certainly doesn't make them 'my guys'...

vote yes

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:37 pm

There wasn't any heavy lifting being done by any of the ARZ WR's in last nights game,   not sure what you saw,  but I didn't see anyone have even a decent game (outside of D. Johnson)  and a big part of that was due to Palmer's accuracy which was pretty terrible last night...   maybe he is nearing the end of his NFL window...

Maybe has to do with the definition of "heavy lifting"...to me, doesn't necessarily include a great game, but doing what it takes to move the chains, eat the clock, etc.  Everyone, not named Floyd, contributed to this...he was dropping balls, or on the bench watching, while the others did the dirty work...thus "heavy lifting".

As for Floyd,  whatever,   he isn't a stud, probably never will be,  but neither are Nelson or either of the Browns,  and they never will be either.    The good  thing about Floyd is his ceiling is so much higher than those other guys,  he has had games where he was a dominant #1 making plays at all levels,  short intermediate and deep...   The Browns and especially Nelson are all one trick pony speed guys...   The bad thing about Floyd is he can't seem to be consistent,   so while he has a really high ceiling he also seems to have a really average floor which makes him a streaky boom bust player...

Absolutely agree with you on the poor play of Palmer, he has not looked sharp thus far...

Don't think anyone said "any" of them outside Fitz, were Studs, or #1 receivers.  I wouldn't say Floyd excels at the "short" game either.  I don't think he breaks his routes clean enough to qualify...I would also put him in the category of having "alligator arms"...Last year, Floyd's best, he was out pointed by John Brown, so I don't agree his ceiling is dramatically higher.  Not saying Brown is necessarily better; but has demonstrated ability in the short/long game (not a "one-trick-pony"); was recovering from concussion symptoms early on, and is getting back to form...should continue to make a solid WR2/3, at least same level as Floyd, but probably more consistent...which is what I look for from my WR2/3 spots.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:44 pm

I wonder if a change of scenery will help him next year. Cant see Arizona re-signing him.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:15 pm

I said he would have a better career than Blackmon coming into the draft.

Well...

I was still right I guess. shrug

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:19 am

WTF are you talking about Andy?    How did I defend him?    I essentially agreed on most accounts that he is inconsistent and will likely never be a 'stud'  that can be counted on...   Somehow that makes him 'my guy'...    

My comment was based on the fact that none of the ARZ WR's did much of anything last night,   mostly due to Palmer...  I also pointed out that the reason so many people talk about his potential is because he has flashed it and he has dominated for several games in his career...   These are all easily verifiable as facts...  

I know that when you 'hate a guy'   you really hate him and won't accept any other alternative...  that's fine for you,   but as I have already explained I tend to evaluate players more objectively looking at their pros and their cons...   and yes,  every player in the NFL,  has at least some pros (or they never would have made it here)...     I shouldn't have to point this out,   but just because I note that a certain player may have a good quality or two,   it doesn't necessarily follow that they are players I am high on and it certainly doesn't make them 'my guys'...

You like to shine a light on any value a player might have and that's cool. I prefer to point out how much guys suck and that's fine too. You say his ceiling is higher or that he has more value than the others on that team and I disagree....if he does better than them it's only because the Cardinals force it to be that way.

I'm not saying he is "your guy" or anything like that...you just replied to my comment with something that sounded like "he isn't as bad as you think Andy" to which I replied with "your wrong" because he sucks. He's soft. Owning him will be a tear-filled existence.

Maybe "heavy-lifting" is what caused this...sure the other receivers didn't do HEAVY lifting but they were fucking out there playing and not having trouble catching passes and helping the team. I guess Floyd was doing his part keeping the bench from floating away by sitting on it so there is that.

tongue

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:17 pm

Got himself a DUI last night...

MICHAEL FLOYD was allegedly pulled over and arrested for driving under the influence after falling asleep at the wheel on early Monday morning. Floyd was charged with two counts of DUI and one count of obstructing a roadway and failure to obey a police officer.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:22 pm

My goodness. This guy has went from a potential future stud, to YUCK.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Floyd WR MIN   

Back to top Go down

Michael Floyd WR MIN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: