HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Goddamnit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Goddamnit   Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:59 pm

Well folks, I'm going to have to bow out of Roster Wars. The writing was on the wall for me for the past few months, but I think I was in denial about the amount of time I can commit to spending on these forums. I'm not sure if I hit 30 posts in January or not, but I know that over last two weeks I was hardly on here. My work schedule is just too much for me to overcome right now; years past up until this last July, I was able to log into the site during the day while working and stay caught up and post much more frequently. Well, in July my work-life exploded and I simply don't have time do do that anymore. This is the first time since working on my uncle's farm as a teenager that I can honestly say that I go in to work every day and bust my ass from the time get to my office until I leave for the day. I don't know what that says about my work history and ethic, but it's the truth...

I want to let ya'll know that everything I've ever said about my love and appreciation for this league has been wholly and completely truthful, and that I did not make this decision lightly. Full disclosure, I'm not happy about having to do this, but it's finally crystal clear to me that my posting frequency and "face time" here is not going to change much in the coming months- work isn't showing signs of slowing down, and even if I find a new job, I've got another baby on the way this April. And my two pre-existing heathens. And my ebay store. Something has to give, and unfortunately, forum visits are just not as high on the priority list for me as they had been in the past (although, no lie: I think about ya'll every day and do stop in every day to at least skim if I find a minute, all the while worrying about my lack of posting numbers. I don't want to be stressed out by that anymore.)

I enjoy the fuck out of you all, even you Andy, you dick. I don't agree with you on some stuff, but I fully feel your passion and have much respect for your commitment to and leadership of this league. You have been getting better at your job every year, and you have never waiverd from your determination to build a community around RW. My primary focus has always been to build a fantasy football dynasty first, with all else being secondary. This league demands more than that, and as much as it sucks to admit, I'm just no longer able to cut it.

I need to wrap this rambling up (I've always said that if we were graded on words per post rather than number of posts, I'd be golden, and I stand by that!) Best of luck to my replacement and the rest of you. I'll be around.

Adios

Tony

One for the road:

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:04 am

Damn... Sorry to see you go Tony.

But like stepping up and making the decision for Andy and for what's best for the league. Kudos man and the Slings will be missed.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:29 am

Dammit Tony, you cunt. I hate to see you go, but I admire you for acknowledging what is most important. Good luck to you sir, whatever life may bring. cheers

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:18 am

Adios Tony,

Enjoyed the humour you brought to the league. All the best with all your life stuff (job(s), family, etc...).

cheers

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:56 am

Damn, sorry to see you go Tony but appreciate you doing the right thing.

It's been a pleasure and hope you continue to hang here with us,.

All the best for the future buddy.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:10 am

Of course I have to go to work so I'll respond properly when I get home.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:47 am

Sorry to see you go Tony. I always enjoyed having you around here. Hopefully, you'll check in from time to time.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:56 am

Appreciate you having to make a tough decision, Tony. Congrats on the new little one on the way. Best of luck on your store and you will see more purchases from me. Hope we haven't seen the last of you on the forums here.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:31 am

Good Luck Tony

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:45 am

Bummer to hear tony. But props for being proactive before it became an issue. Hope you still pop in. Sad to see an original chapter 4 member go though Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:16 am

Sorry to hear you leave Tony. Good luck to you in the future man cheers

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:41 am

Sorry to hear that Tony. It's been a pleasure in the short time.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:44 am

This sucks, but it is understandable. As Matt said it sad to see another chapter 4 original leaving...

sad3

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:50 am

Its always sad to see a thread like this, but I get it. Tony, you are a great member of this league. Sorry to see you go. Hope to see you still posting in the future.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:59 am

Sorry to see you go Tony. Best part of luck bro.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:25 am

Thanks folks. My apologies for waiting until now rather than last month. I did fully plan to here more, but this month really made me realize that I was kidding myself. I regret that I didn't have the same foresight that James had.

I will say that I am happy the the coolest logo in Roster Wars will be replaced by the coolest logo in Roster Wars...

Good luck Bergen, she's not in shambles but there's work to be done.

I'll be around from time to time, jump in and post some random or fucked up gif for a few chuckles.

Actually, not so unlike my contributions to the league in recent months...

Y'all rock though, it's no accident that every browser I use has RW as the top of the most visited places.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:15 pm

Definitely raise a toast for you Tony.
Sorry to see you go but appreciate you putting the league first

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:28 pm

sucks to lose you - but you gotta do what you gotta do - good luck with all the kids, the job, and the store

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:01 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:
Well folks, I'm going to have to bow out of Roster Wars. The writing was on the wall for me for the past few months, but I think I was in denial about the amount of time I can commit to spending on these forums. I'm not sure if I hit 30 posts in January or not, but I know that over last two weeks I was hardly on here. My work schedule is just too much for me to overcome right now; years past up until this last July, I was able to log into the site during the day while working and stay caught up and post much more frequently. Well, in July my work-life exploded and I simply don't have time do do that anymore. This is the first time since working on my uncle's farm as a teenager that I can honestly say that I go in to work every day and bust my ass from the time get to my office until I leave for the day. I don't know what that says about my work history and ethic, but it's the truth...

I want to let ya'll know that everything I've ever said about my love and appreciation for this league has been wholly and completely truthful, and that I did not make this decision lightly. Full disclosure, I'm not happy about having to do this, but it's finally crystal clear to me that my posting frequency and "face time" here is not going to change much in the coming months- work isn't showing signs of slowing down, and even if I find a new job, I've got another baby on the way this April. And my two pre-existing heathens. And my ebay store. Something has to give, and unfortunately, forum visits are just not as high on the priority list for me as they had been in the past  (although, no lie: I think about ya'll every day and do stop in every day to at least skim if I find a minute, all the while worrying about my lack of posting numbers. I don't want to be stressed out by that anymore.)  

I enjoy the fuck out of you all, even you Andy, you dick. I don't agree with you on some stuff, but I fully feel your passion and have much respect for your commitment to and leadership of this league. You have been getting better at your job every year, and you have never waiverd from your determination to build a community around RW. My primary focus has always been to build a fantasy football dynasty first, with all else being secondary. This league demands more than that, and as much as it sucks to admit, I'm just no longer able to cut it.

I need to wrap this rambling up (I've always said that if we were graded on words per post rather than number of posts, I'd be golden, and I stand by that!) Best of luck to my replacement and the rest of you. I'll be around.

Adios

Tony

Like the others, I'm sorry to see you go but respect and appreciate that you are doing it on your terms and obviously you are putting the league first which says a lot. Hey, maybe things change down the road and you can return...

Any interest in playing in the RWTC since that comes with no requirements beyond managing the team? I am actually gonna play in RWTC this year so we could still compete through that if you're interested.

I hope you drop by when you have free time man...you're always welcome obviously.

Thanks for everything man. I'm gonna shoot you an email and we'll get you settled up.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:54 pm

Three heathens is a good number. It was a pleasure competing against you Tony and hopefully we'll see you around.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:14 pm

I'd hate to see you go even though it's a route to get me more involved here. Although your post count may be lower than most, the ones that I remember have been entertaining and insightful. As for your team, if I'm chosen to take over, it has some solid pieces in place and should be in good shape. I'm still a little surprised at the record last year but you built a solid team.

But, if this is the fit for me in the league, it's satisfying to be able to take over for someone that realized that it's time to move on and there is a amicable separation. Those of us on the wait list are in a weird situation because we want a team but don't want to have an owner forced out to create that opening.

And I agree, the Lil' Mac logo is really growing on me. I can't wait to see what Andy has in store for the full banner if/when the time comes to move up to the big leagues.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:20 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I'd hate to see you go even though it's a route to get me more involved here.  Although your post count may be lower than most, the ones that I remember have been entertaining and insightful.  As for your team, if I'm chosen to take over, it has some solid pieces in place and should be in good shape.  I'm still a little surprised at the record last year but you built a solid team.  

But, if this is the fit for me in the league, it's satisfying to be able to take over for someone that realized that it's time to move on and there is a amicable separation.  Those of us on the wait list are in a weird situation because we want a team but don't want to have an owner forced out to create that opening.

And I agree, the Lil' Mac logo is really growing on me.  I can't wait to see what Andy has in store for the full banner if/when the time comes to move up to the big leagues.  

Well said Russ. In regards to record, it looks like he was 8th in scoring, but worst in points against. Sometimes fantasy is a tough bitch and it's all a matter of timing.

I also can't wait to see when Andy works his magic on your banners.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:37 am

Another OG.

Sorry to see you go man, but I empathize. I'm 8 months in to a new job and I'm still trying to re-find my balance as I have less dick around time at work.

Anyway don't be a stranger.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:18 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I'd hate to see you go even though it's a route to get me more involved here.  Although your post count may be lower than most, the ones that I remember have been entertaining and insightful.  As for your team, if I'm chosen to take over, it has some solid pieces in place and should be in good shape.  I'm still a little surprised at the record last year but you built a solid team.  

But, if this is the fit for me in the league, it's satisfying to be able to take over for someone that realized that it's time to move on and there is a amicable separation.  Those of us on the wait list are in a weird situation because we want a team but don't want to have an owner forced out to create that opening.

And I agree, the Lil' Mac logo is really growing on me.  I can't wait to see what Andy has in store for the full banner if/when the time comes to move up to the big leagues.  

Well said Russ. In regards to record, it looks like he was 8th in scoring, but worst in points against. Sometimes fantasy is a tough bitch and it's all a matter of timing.

8th out of 12 teams is still no t great dicnose

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:23 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

8th out of 12 teams is still no t great dicnose

rofl ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:42 am

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:01 am

Like everyone else here, sorry to see you go Tony...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:31 am

This is hitting close to home right about now. I'm sure people have noticed I'm not around as much as I was. Same situation.

GOOD LUCK TONY! Don't be a stranger. I totally feel for you. You feel guilty for not being around because you want to be here and know you're wanted here but at the same time your other commitments can overwhelm you.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:31 am

I feel like Tony will be back at some point. Maybe this is a short term break

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:50 pm

Sorry to see you go man! Life sucks when it gets in the way of having fun. Good luck and don't be a stranger around here

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:57 pm

Hell the new baby on the way would be enough to understand the need to refocus but damn brother, you got a lot of shit going one..

Hope your 2016 is awesome....

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:10 pm

Take is easy man!

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:47 pm

Thanks for all the hard work putting the franchise together.  Hopefully I can repeat some of the success that you've had in the past with her.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goddamnit   

Back to top Go down

Goddamnit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: