Share | 

2015 end of year survey

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:28 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Cool.  Looks like I was in a small minority of those liking the forums but wishing for some improvements.  It's been discussed before, but can you confirm that you and Shawn can't do anything about this one...

The forums not truly tracking post view history.  My primary gripe.  Logging on, but then having to bail before reading all the new posts, then coming back to all those new post indicators gone.  I'm confident that other forum platforms do this right.  Anything you can do to fix this?  Even if it requires some kind of upgraded subscription?

A much lesser gripe is the ads, but what is the cost of eliminating them?  Tell me it's not worth looking up but please don't say AdBlock plug-ins are free.  

Thanks!

HAVE THE SAME ISSUE

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:34 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Cool.  Looks like I was in a small minority of those liking the forums but wishing for some improvements.  It's been discussed before, but can you confirm that you and Shawn can't do anything about this one...

The forums not truly tracking post view history.  My primary gripe.  Logging on, but then having to bail before reading all the new posts, then coming back to all those new post indicators gone.  I'm confident that other forum platforms do this right.  Anything you can do to fix this?  Even if it requires some kind of upgraded subscription?

A much lesser gripe is the ads, but what is the cost of eliminating them?  Tell me it's not worth looking up but please don't say AdBlock plug-ins are free.  

Thanks!

Adblock Plus bitch!!! laughing

Well, I don't know a solution for the first one but if that can be fixed I would love that as well.

As for ads, it appears that I can pay forumotion to punt those. There are two options...FOR MEMBERS or FOR MEMBERS AND GUESTS...obviously it isn't worth paying to remove ads for guests. So here are the prices...

6 months: $6.30
1 year: $12.40
2 years: $22.30
3 years: $32.10
4 years: $41.70
5 years: $51.40

I never see ads so it doesn't cross my mind but maybe I should be building this small expense as well as the domain name into our fees? I don't mind paying for the hosting shit because I would do that for MFG anyway. shrug

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:48 pm

The survey is a good indication that the ad portion isn't worth becoming an expense to you or the league. Thanks for the numbers, though. Maybe if/when I win a big progressive payout. I am wondering if there is an upgraded level of subscription that buys us the unread post history piece, though. I have launched more than one Google expedition to find that out with no luck. Would you mind opening a support ticket or whatever to see if there are options? I know from my visit to your place that you play the same game, having to wait to start reading shit until you have time to read it all to make sure you don't miss something.

Back to top Go down
Mrs. Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:05 pm

I don't have an ad-blocker and the only time I see ads is when I am logged off but when I log in I don't see any. I use Firefox so I don't know if that makes a difference or not...I know nothing just thought I would share.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
The survey is a good indication that the ad portion isn't worth becoming an expense to you or the league.  Thanks for the numbers, though.  Maybe if/when I win a big progressive payout.  I am wondering if there is an upgraded level of subscription that buys us  the unread post history piece, though.  I have launched more than one Google expedition to find that out with no luck.  Would you mind opening a support ticket or whatever to see if there are options?  I know from my visit to your place that you play the same game, having to wait to start reading shit until you have time to read it all to make sure you don't miss something.

http://help.forumotion.com/forum?tt=1

I don't know Forumotion like I do MFL but there is the link if you want to ask them. I just went to do it but logging in is proving to be useless...they clearly have an account associated with my email address but it's not helping me figure out the username and password for shit. Fucking irritating.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:58 pm

Will do. Thanks for trying.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:22 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:
Kingdom City Growlers 1 wrote:

Hey, I have to explain to my wife why I talk to some girl on line all the time now. Cut me some slack ROTFLMAO

Exactly why I wished I was still in the closet.  Happens to me all the time.

Fuck that!  Brian just needs to sack up and tell his wife that he needs to check with the lady who's running his fantasy team.  lol3

I literally spit out my water laughing... ROTFLMAO rofl ROFL lol 2 Laughing

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:31 pm

Yea... I just use FireFox with their built in adblock and never see any ads on this forum.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:23 pm

[quote="Bergen Brawlers"][quote="Kingdom City Growlers 2"][quote="Kingdom City Growlers 1"][quote="Kingdom City Growlers 2"]

Hey, I have to explain to my wife why I talk to some girl on line all the time now. Cut me some slack ROTFLMAO

Hahaha.  It's actually a privilege to be able to see the real Rich now that we have the new photo cards on the message boards.  When's he going to stop by to put in an application?

He plays in one dynasty, but trust me he doesnt know what the words IDP mean. Wait he calls is "I Dont Play"

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:

Exactly why I wished I was still in the closet.  Happens to me all the time.

Fuck that!  Brian just needs to sack up and tell his wife that he needs to check with the lady who's running his fantasy team.  lol3

I literally spit out my water laughing... ROTFLMAO rofl ROFL lol 2 Laughing

That was funny Andy....... rock on

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:25 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
wait to start reading shit until you have time to read it all to make sure you don't miss something.

This is the only way to go. It sucks. Unread "since your last visit." Most forums leave them marked unread. I don't know why forumotion has issues with it.

As for the ads, what are you guys using to block on mobile?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:30 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

I have no idea...I might just be wicked good at ignoring them on my phone. Dude I work with says I have "the gift" because I can sit in the breakroom and completely tune out all the tards I work with and look at shit on my phone...maybe I also look past ads. shrug If they're blocked on there, then it was a default setting of some sort.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:41 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

I have no idea...I might just be wicked good at ignoring them on my phone.  Dude I work with says I have "the gift" because I can sit in the breakroom and completely tune out all the tards I work with and look at shit on my phone...maybe I also look past ads.  shrug  If they're blocked on there, then it was a default setting of some sort.

If you're not constantly being redirected to the app store, then you're not getting the ads. What browser are you using?

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:59 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

I have no idea...I might just be wicked good at ignoring them on my phone.  Dude I work with says I have "the gift" because I can sit in the breakroom and completely tune out all the tards I work with and look at shit on my phone...maybe I also look past ads.  shrug  If they're blocked on there, then it was a default setting of some sort.

If you're not constantly being redirected to the app store, then you're not getting the ads. What browser are you using?

Yes. That right there. That is the annoyance. In 2013, the ads used to be bigger or maybe it was how the site was laid on (viewed on phone). Now they don't get in my way, but somehow I keep magically triggering trips to the app store.

Back to top Go down
Mrs. Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:33 am

I use google chrome on my android phone and see no ads and don't get directed anywhere...must be something built in....

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:48 am

Mrs. Eternals wrote:
I use google chrome on my android phone and see no ads and don't get directed anywhere...must be something built in....

THIS.

My phone does some annoying shit (fucking group text is a shitshow) but apparently this ad issue was handled perfectly.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:51 am

I used to have problems with mobile trying me to go to google apps or something, but that issue was squashed a couple months ago for some reason. I don't show ads on my laptop either, where I used to.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:00 am

On my phone now. ...everything looks right with no ads. The only thing that's off is on the main page the content needs more space than it's given so it spills over the background but honestly it's not noticeable so whatever.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:02 am

On my phone now. ...everything looks right with no ads. The only thing that's off is on the main page the content needs more space than it's given so it spills over the background but honestly it's not noticeable so whatever.

Sounds like you need to get in the 21st century and get an iphone.  yes

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:18 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Sounds like you need to get in the 21st century and get an iphone.  yes

I'm cheap and hate hassle....I will rock a phone until it completely stops working if for no other reason than I don't want to go to the store and go through their whole process and have my wallet punched in the dick.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:45 am

You can go with the Tyrants quick and easy phone service. Simple as one decade free of RW, you pay nothing up front! Just sign this contract, don't charge me league dues, and I will send you a brand new phone of my choosing and voila!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:48 am

laughing

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:39 am

Did this work?:

Spoiler

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:41 am

Nope...

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:24 pm

I've had issues with the site since going to an iPhone.  With my Note I didn't see any ads and was able to pull the desktop site.  Now I always get a mobile version of the site and about 1 out of every 3 shots I get redirected to a page telling me that I won something.  I can't go back or do anything.  I just need to close my window and reclick the link.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:50 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
You can go with the Tyrants quick and easy phone service. Simple as one decade free of RW, you pay nothing up front! Just sign this contract, don't charge me league dues, and I will send you a brand new phone of my choosing and voila!

Spoiler:

Neutral

Back to top Go down
Mrs. Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:52 pm

LOL your picture looks like that smiley face!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:53 pm

Mrs. Eternals wrote:

I was just laughing at the same thing. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:11 pm

Oh we're gonna start talking about faces now, are we? ARE WE?

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:25 pm

Mrs. Eternals wrote:

laughing

They were even lined up together!

laughing

Back to top Go down
Mrs. Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:28 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
surrender
I like your face, I just think you look mildly annoyed in your picture.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:33 pm

Mrs. Eternals wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
surrender
I like your face, I just think you look mildly annoyed in your picture.

I'm always mildly annoyed. :dry:

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:29 pm

Mrs. Eternals wrote:

As I started laughing, I pictured the minions laughing too....

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:29 pm

hate my pic - need to find a new one

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:38 pm

Russ, there should be a menu link in the upper right corner of the mobile site where you can switch to classic mode. Not sure that will help with redirects but you will have the regular site back.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:55 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:

photo

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: 2015 end of year survey   Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:49 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote: