x

Share | 

HELP WANTED: Recruitor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:29 pm

Roster Wars is always looking for recruiters.  Join this team of folks who takes time to find fantasy owners outside the RW-universe and point them towards the Best Dynasty League in the World.  Occasionally posting direct ads for our league on message boards, just representing our club in various forums, shaking hands, kissing babies and potentially wearing costumes and spinning signs on street corners.

Pay: The inner peace felt knowing you've already survived the prospect process that you're herding your prey towards and the lack of compassion you'll feel for them as they head towards it.

Last edited by Minnesota Eternals on Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:05 am

I'd love to help out with this.  I'm already spreading the word where I can but would like to become more involved.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:39 am

Thanks Russ. I have added you to the team so you should have access to another section of the forum where you can collaborate with Nick and Greg if you want.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:09 pm

What does weoponry mean on Russ' sig

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:56 pm

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:
What does weoponry mean on Russ' sig

Derrick has it, too. It signifies the offensive/defensive analysis articles they're gonna do.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:40 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I'd love to help out with this.  I'm already spreading the word where I can but would like to become more involved.

I also plug Roster Wars every chance I get....

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:15 pm

Russ, Sty and myself have really been keeping the thread at DLF alive and kicking. I think we will see a few owners jump in and try out the site and begin the prospect process.

Easily that should turn into some RWTC members. Solid guys over there too.

ugh...even Nick has been helpful. He is on his best behavior there thank goodness.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:19 pm

Russ, Sty and myself have really been keeping the thread at DLF alive and kicking.   I think we will see a few owners jump in and try out the site and begin the prospect process.

Easily that should turn into some RWTC members.  Solid guys over there too.

ugh...even Nick has been helpful.  He is on his best behavior there thank goodness.

Wow, thanks Carla...

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:22 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Russ, Sty and myself have really been keeping the thread at DLF alive and kicking.   I think we will see a few owners jump in and try out the site and begin the prospect process.

ugh...even Nick has been helpful.  He is on his best behavior there thank goodness.

Wow, thanks Carla...

It's not a compliment. It is a statement.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:25 pm

Well you better start doing more work. Your results are slacking.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:30 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

You must be talking to Shawn.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:34 pm

Probably not a good thing but she did bring me over.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:41 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Probably not a good thing but she did bring me over.

Glad you joined Russ

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:44 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

You must be talking to Shawn.

Don't bring me into the middle of your squabble nono

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:16 pm

clap
I think it goes much farther when members of the league are promoting instead of me. You also answer questions in a less abrasive manner than myself.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:38 am

I think more women should be recruited to the leagues so Carla isn't the only one and she can have some company. After all, we men are nothing but pigs.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:23 am

Apalachicola Oysters wrote:
I think more women should be recruited to the leagues so Carla isn't the only one and she can have some company.  After all, we men are nothing but pigs.

We are. They just come on board as males and then announce later that they are actually female. tongue

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:41 am

Baja Beatniks wrote:
I think more women should be recruited to the leagues so Carla isn't the only one and she can have some company.  After all, we men are nothing but pigs.

We are.  They just come on board as males and then announce later that they are actually female. tongue

I'm making a major announcement soon. You never know...

Back to top Go down
Mrs. Eternals

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:45 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:

We are.  They just come on board as males and then announce later that they are actually female. tongue

So you are really Stephanie...Makes sense.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:52 am

Mrs. Eternals wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:

So you are really Stephanie...Makes sense.

Lmao! Ya I probably should let my wife run my team. Maybe I would have more WB's if she did. I'm a terrible spender.

Back to top Go down
Mrs. Eternals

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:41 pm

Speaking of Mrs. RedKnights, she should get back on here and post with me. Tell her I'm going to Disney in December and we will have to meet up.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:31 pm

Mrs. Eternals wrote:
Speaking of Mrs. RedKnights, she should get back on here and post with me. Tell her I'm going to Disney in December and we will have to meet up.
I will! Ya she needs to make an account.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:25 pm

Mrs. Eternals wrote:
I will! Ya she needs to make an account.

She has one already...it was dralion or something but I changed it to Mrs. Redknights a while back so if she uses that username and whatever password she was using she should be in. She has 1 post in her career....double it!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:25 pm

Mrs. Eternals wrote:

haha, I already forgot.

How far from Disney are you guys again?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:41 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Mrs. Eternals wrote:

haha, I already forgot.

How far from Disney are you guys again?

We are only 2 hours away buddy! We are actually going there on Monday.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:09 pm

We'll have to see if we can work something out...I doubt we'll have a car though since we always ride the magical buses all over. You should see my antisocial ass hiding behind Mrs Eternals on those fucking things...Disney World would be wayyyyy more fun if they just let us hang out there without other people getting in the way. wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:10 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
We'll have to see if we can work something out...I doubt we'll have a car though since we always ride the magical buses all over.  You should see my antisocial ass hiding behind Mrs Eternals on those fucking things...Disney World would be wayyyyy more fun if they just let us hang out there without other people getting in the way. wink

Bro once you guys have a better idea your plans on what disney parks you will be at, just text me and let us know where you guys are in Disney and we can catch up with you and enjoy lunch someplace.

We almost did that with Justin and his family last year but things got hectic on both sides and it never materialized.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:49 pm

You got it. That would be awesome!

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:05 pm

Again, I am new here. And I am sure this has been discussed, what about Facebook? Creating a Facebook page would go tremendously far in filling out the RWTC at least. I am sure with all that RW is, some good quality owners would come out of it.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:10 pm

Maple Grove Mafiosos wrote:
Again, I am new here. And I am sure this has been discussed, what about Facebook? Creating a Facebook page would go tremendously far in filling out the RWTC at least. I am sure with all that RW is, some good quality owners would come out of it.

good idea.

An additional benefit of this idea, Andy loves Facebook! Always posting pictures of his lunch and daily craft activities. Not to mention his side "body wrap" business posts. We get it Andy, you have a line of skin care products.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:29 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Maple Grove Mafiosos wrote:

good idea.  

An additional benefit of this idea, Andy loves Facebook!  Always posting pictures of his lunch and daily craft activities.  Not to mention his side "body wrap" business posts.  We get it Andy, you have a line of skin care products.

ROFL

And that stick figure thing Andy. "THIS IS ANDY. ANDY SAYS CUNT. BE LIKE ANDY" 

Sheesh.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:33 pm

Laughing

I'm not opposed to Facebook page..good idea....as long as I am not in charge of it. I begrudgingly use FB...torn between it's usefulness and it's annoyance.

If one of you wants to do it, just let me know if you need anything and I'll be curious to see it.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:53 pm

I am not a FB fan, but I would refer folks to the URL if you share it.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:40 pm

I like your thinking Mark. vote yes I've had this same thought.

I don't use Facebook. Never have, never will. So, if anyone else feels like taking on the RW Facebook page, have at it.

Back to top Go down
Austin Four Horsemen

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:07 am

Have we ventured into Reddit?

I've found lots of members for my other leagues through it.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:18 pm

Austin Four Horsemen wrote:

Heard the name Reddit....that's it. Never seen it or know anything about it.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:22 pm

Austin Four Horsemen wrote:

We got a few RWTC members from there last year. Mixed results

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:27 pm

Just checked out reddit.  I reddit.  Didn't like it.  But I may be missing something.  

But it doesn't hurt to look at doing something there.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:30 pm

I am just figuring out the "how" on the Facebook thing. If it is one thing I can contribute, I would be happy to do it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Back to top Go down
Austin Four Horsemen

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:33 pm

I wouldn't mind being a reddit recruiter. Obviously getting people to RW in the first place is the first step. The prospect process will weed out those not really committed.

I've had mixed results through reddit as well but none of my leagues are this demanding. I guess that's a two edged sword where you only get there most dedicated of FF players but also can burn them out faster?

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:43 pm

I've been playing around with creating a few Facebook pages (actually website and groups) and similar pages on other sites.  The one big question is content that we would deliver.  And deliver on a frequent basis.  

For example, take a look at myfantasyleague
https://www.facebook.com/MyFantasyLeague/

They haven't posted in 6 months and only twice in the past year.  Great product, I use it, but the Facebook page doesn't grab me.

Then look at Fleaflickr.  I don't use, don't know anything about it.  But at least it posts a bit more often.

https://www.facebook.com/Fleaflicker/

Then go to DLF

https://www.facebook.com/DLFootball/

They post a ton but only have 645 likes (I just liked it).  

They also offer a website option but you really need to pump and push those sites.  And spend money.  I have been putting content onto this site for about a month now:

https://www.facebook.com/New-Jersey-Dads-435544886645769/

And have had like 1 view in the past month.  No organic growth at all.  I haven't pushed it yet but it looks like it'll take a lot of effort to drives eyes to the site.  BUT PLEASE LIKE THE SITE WHILE YOU'RE THERE TO GIVE ME SOME FREE PUBLICITY -- YES, THIS MEANS YOU.

So, what does this mean?  It can be done.  But you do need to consider a frequent message and then use that message to drive people to the site.  The question, though, is whether the effort that may be required is worth bringing a person or two over to the site.  

I like the thought and the creativity.  But I think that the focus may be more on the fantasy sites where we get more bang for our buck.  One thing that could be helpful is creating a directory of sites that have decent forums -- FBG, DLF, and DFW are the main three that I use and know about.

Last edited by Bergen Brawlers on Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:48 pm

I think getting you two fellas involved in that way could be cool. Like you said Chance, really just about getting people aware that we're here and checking it out. It's not on you guys or anyone else in terms of if they have the right stuff or not...that's on them.

I think we'll get more serious about recruiting soon as the RFA/Draft get wrapped up and as more people are thinking about redraft leagues...because we want a strong showing in RWTC which also gives people a hands-on experience with our structure here.

Ultimately, we'll take all comers though....the RWTC has plenty of room and if w actually get to a big enough number of qualified owners for the main league that expansion should be considered, we absolutely will consider it.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:48 pm

I don't think Facebook reaches our target audience. I think we should keep our focus on Twitter and the different forums we post on.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:52 pm

One thought on Facebook is to create a page just for the training camp.  And league members could post weekly updates, transactions, etc. on it.  So you'd have a pre-made source of info.  And use that to possibly bring people here.  And that could possibly assist in getting us to our goal of a larger RWTC.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:55 pm

I don't understand how Facebook would ATTRACT people. Would it be neat to have a FB page for the league, or for RWTC? Sure. But it is by no means going to draw people in, how do you advertise it to people from FB?

I think dynasty forums are our best bet. Bring knowledgeable people in, and let this site and the people here be the selling point. Just my opinion.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:02 pm

We could always just use Andy's Facebook page and insert updates between the Candy Crush invites.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:06 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
We could always just use Andy's Facebook page and insert updates between the Candy Crush invites.

well done! laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:09 pm

laughing

Back to top Go down
Mrs. Eternals

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:48 pm

Didn't Greg do something with Reddit when recruiting????

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:25 am

The thing that drew me, here, from myfantasyleague.com was the banner Andy had as his signature. I was always looking for some cool artwork for my teams, but never really had any good success. So, when I clicked on it, I was blown away. Then I came here and seen all the cool artwork, and here I am. I read the bylaws, and knew right away I wanted in. So, far I have not been disappointed.

As far as the other sites go, that might be the best way to go. I understand that those are more specialized and more of the target audience we want to secure.

I just wonder if we are missing out on some good quality owners, with the "Hundreds"- Dan Cole, "Hundreds"- TenaV, that are using FB now-a-days.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP WANTED: Recruitor   

Back to top Go down

HELP WANTED: Recruitor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: