HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

A new situation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:14 pm

Shawn is the man. I have a different proposition for you. I will trade you all of my shitty players for your good players and you can still have the pleasure of starting at the bottom. No need to trade the whole team. It will be easier to unload a couple of your studs instead.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:09 am

I'm glad to hear Bob is back, it sucks that we have to ask him for like $900 to continue to play with that team.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:14 am

Getting back to it...I'm not sure if something Ian said was addressed, which was my first thought as well. The $1,200 in insurance money doesn't really belong to the league. It's held by the league as (duh) insurance against an owner leaving the league with a crap team. In theory, we should be able to return all of that insurance money at any given point (i.e. I don't think that fund should ever go below $1,200).

I could be misremembering, but the point of the insurance was to put up money to guarantee that the owner putting up the money would not leave the league with a pile of shit team. Or, more accurately, if they did do that, the cost of the team to the new owner would be subsized.

What we're talking about here is asking people to put up money to insure everyone in the league from doing that same thing. Like if Bob were to in fact leave, we'd be paying someone else to compensate them for something Bob did. I don't think that was how the insurance money thing was initially framed - but again, I could not be remembering that clearly.

I would agree that this kind of thing would be to come from the progressive pot, or somehow shave it off the league funds every year (wouldn't take a big %). Or, even have us all kick in something to get an insurance fund like this started (this year wouldn't be bad since we're getting a free MFL site.

Just my .02. I like the idea of having some people decide how to handle things, I just think that this is different than what the original idea of the insurance was - i.e. to insure our own team, not everyone's.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:38 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Oh...I should clarify..."my idea" is pretty much happening short of one of the committee members having something I clearly am more comfortable with.  We're just squaring away details here.  I know there is gonna be 20+ opinions on all of this but we just don't have time to go through all of that.

If you hate what is decided, get a proposal together for next January.  You guys have my email addy for hatemail.  

Damn, when I first started reading the first paragraph I thought you were about to tell us you were closing the league.... sheeewww...

I almost started to cry.....lol

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:20 am

Update:

I am officially considering Bob as "Returning". Won't be today but he is returning. banana in tux

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:47 am

Update:

I am officially considering Bob as "Returning".  Won't be today but he is returning.  banana in tux

The parole hearing must have went well... Congrats Bob.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:06 am

Update:

I am officially considering Bob as "Returning".  Won't be today but he is returning.  banana in tux

I loved the show the Returned. Also love watching the leftovers.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:15 pm

fun dance

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:20 pm

I remember Andy once asking that we all pay an extra $50 for a total of $100 insurance. I was one strongly opposed, but the idea of a new owner getting a season paid in full wasn't on the table back then. Not saying I love that idea, but I might be more open to it now. Dunno.

Another thought is asking the teams deemed to be heavily leveraged to increase their insurance, but that isn't far off from having teams pay for the right to trade future picks.

Not proposing anything here, just publishing some initial thoughts after reading Mike's post. Dunno about any of it.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:30 pm

Great to hear about Bob! Hope to hear from him soon

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:55 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Update:

I loved the show the Returned. Also love watching the leftovers.

I loved the "Returned" as well... I hate that they canceled the show before the explained the story behind those returning. I did read somewhere though that it might get picked up by another network but that was a while back.....

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:00 pm

Great news about Bob. When can the ideas for pink start to flow? It would be nice to change it up.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:14 pm

Yes!!! I forgot all about pink!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:12 pm

Great news that Bob is returning soon

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:19 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
I know this will fly like a bowling ball in water.  But if the league needs to generate 200 bucks for Eric's Goonies and what was Bob's Freaks we could simply just pass the hat and pop 8 bucks each into it and waalaa $8.33 to the 24 equals 200.  Basically it eats the Free Year we were given for winning "Best Dynasty Football" last year.  End result is Eric and the new guy pay 8.33 and save a 100 each, the rest of the league pays 108.33 instead of the usual 107.  We were only paying 100 of the 107 this year, so it is thus a league wide shared expense of making things right without really costing anyone anything.  Anyways, that is my 2 cents and they are free, so don't shoot the messenger, and if you do use a clip with at least 9 rounds as I got 9 lives and all.

laughing  

Hey buddy, why do you have to be such a fucking Canadian all the time, eh?

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:10 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:
Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
I know this will fly like a bowling ball in water.  But if the league needs to generate 200 bucks for Eric's Goonies and what was Bob's Freaks we could simply just pass the hat and pop 8 bucks each into it and waalaa $8.33 to the 24 equals 200.  Basically it eats the Free Year we were given for winning "Best Dynasty Football" last year.  End result is Eric and the new guy pay 8.33 and save a 100 each, the rest of the league pays 108.33 instead of the usual 107.  We were only paying 100 of the 107 this year, so it is thus a league wide shared expense of making things right without really costing anyone anything.  Anyways, that is my 2 cents and they are free, so don't shoot the messenger, and if you do use a clip with at least 9 rounds as I got 9 lives and all.

laughing  

Hey buddy, why do you have to be such a fucking Canadian all the time, eh?

Phillip errr Tony (same guy really)...

laughing

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:14 pm

Why don't we pay in Canadian dollars. The exchange rate is very attractive now.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:16 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Why don't we pay in Canadian dollars.  The exchange rate is very attractive now.
you know what is also attractive?... ...

YOURE FACE!!!

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:15 pm

Now we know Bob really likes pink!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   

Back to top Go down

A new situation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3