HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

A new situation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:51 pm

Where to begin?  Well, after you read all of this and before you respond please try for a minute to put yourself in my spot and think about what you would do before just blasting me with some form of "whatever"....after all this has consumed most of my day.

First off, barring an unexpected miracle, Bob will not be rejoining us.  I have heard very little from him as of late.  I can't tell you much as it's not my right.  He posted a while back about losing his brother...I can tell you he also lost his mother.  Very sad.  He had shared some other shit which was every bit as brutal as all that and as you already knew, Bob has had a year+ that nobody should ever have to deal with.  That said, if one could give a shit about something like this (RW) after all of that they could very easily etch out a few moments to work with the guy who's been done everything in their ability to work around such crazy life events and at this Bob is not doing that.  At this time, it's my understanding that he is alright but he is no longer communicating with me and honestly barely has for months.  Some days back I sent word to him that Feb 1st I would be forced to proceed without him necessary and at this point I am not holding my breath.  I will honor my word but I believe this is done.  If Bob returns down the road, I will cross that bridge at that time.

Now, I sent word to Russ (#1 on our wait list) that he should start getting acquainted with the Freakshow franchise.  This led to questions from Russ specifically about said franchise.

Which led to my eyes being opened to something I was previously unaware of...the condition of this team.  To say it's "it's not good" would be an understatement.  Russ and I have discussed it.  Justin and I have discussed it.  Eric and I have discussed it.  Why Eric you might ask?  

Well, while we all know that Eric took over a shitty Killers team back in 2013, apparently that team was very comparably shitty as this Freakshow team....that much I did not know.  I knew it was bad but I didn't realize it was THIS BAD.  

So........

Here is where we are at...and look at this as an extension of our January Owners Meeting if you want.  I am changing the insurance policy of this league because it just isn't protecting us properly but I still stand by the opinion that a "paying for future years in which draft picks are traded" policy is a game-degrading way to approach this problem.  I don't have all the details of the change for you right now and I'm here primarily seeking out 3 individuals to join a new committee which will be known as the RW Insurance Company.  I want 3 individuals who are very interested in assisting with not only ironing out details to this policy but monitoring it going into the future and anything else that comes with it.

The broad strokes:
Instead of each owner having a $50 insurance associated with them in their bank, this money will be lumped into one Insurance Fund.  Nobody is paying more and nobody is losing anything.  From this insurance fund, the committee formed with partner with Justin and myself to do what I described above as well handle anything associated with this shit.  The policy for returning insurance fund will remain AS IS.  
The Freakshow franchise will have it's 1st season paid in full from this Insurance Fund.  In our short history, there has been one other team that was even comparable to this situation and that was the Goon Squad entering in 2013 and that team will also receive 1 season paid in full by the Insurance Fund.  With those two situations made as right as we can make them, we look to the future.  The committee along with Justin and I will need to come up with the ironed out details for all things insurance money and clearly figuring out the exact line in the sand for when this Fund will be covering franchises in this manner but more importantly what to do to stop it from happening.

"My idea" about that is that we keep things how we have them BUT we have some criteria that says if a franchise deals heavily in their future that this committee will alert me and I will get additional insurance money from the owner, who if playing it straight should have no problem giving the league assurances in the way of insurance funds in case they split with a team in that position.  If the team then gets more in the direction of balance that owner can have their EXTRA insurance funds returned immediately to reflect their present condition.  This allows everyone to play the game without having to pay money just because they deal a pick two years out but the league is protected if someone deals heavily on that level.   When a waitlisted owner is offered a team (with compensation or not...if the waitlisted owner decides to PASS, he will be moved to the bottom of the waitlist AND will remain the bottom of the waitlist for one full year (meaning any waitlisters along the way will jump ahead in line) and the league will not award him a team within that one year even if he is the only waitlisted owner.  We already know how to handle a vacant franchise in this league.  This aspect of the idea is to ensure we get owners dedicated to getting into this league almost no matter what (like Eric did).  

So as I said in the beginning, before you blast me for this decision make sure you think it out thoroughly because if you don't have a solution....well...you know the rest.  If you are simply gonna tell me that "paying for years in which you trade picks" is the way to go, I guess feel free but I could argue over that forever and nobody has ever convinced me that THAT doesn't do exactly what I say it does which is gets a bunch of cheap owners to not bother trading picks.

Most importantly, if you want to be on this committee please speak up.  I want to get this started ASAP, iron out details and present them to the group and move on towards all of the good stuff that we have coming up.  This is already too much drama for a league that has spent this much time doing what we can to do away with drama if you ask me.

Thanks for your time and (hopefully) your understanding.

Last edited by Minnesota Eternals on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:51 pm

Russ/Tom....I will be in touch when I know something.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:57 pm

Oh...I should clarify..."my idea" is pretty much happening short of one of the committee members having something I clearly am more comfortable with. We're just squaring away details here. I know there is gonna be 20+ opinions on all of this but we just don't have time to go through all of that.

If you hate what is decided, get a proposal together for next January. You guys have my email addy for hatemail.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:00 pm

I fully support the decision.

I know awhile back we said that people should just take what they're given and enjoy the privilege of playing in Roster Wars but throwing $300+ into the garbage just for that "right" is silly.

Gotta be a little give and take when a team is that bad and a two time pink team is just that.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:04 pm

Oh, an that reminds me....we get no PINKIE in 2016. vote no

When I get time I will surely be commemorating the Freakshows earning of pink but it won't be the every day shaming it would be if the owner was here.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:08 pm

I'm good with the direction

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:10 pm

I am good with it. Isn't my team nearly as bad as Bob's?  laughing

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:11 pm

Yeah, I think that's a very sensible approach too.

If we have $50 from each owner, we have around $1200 in the insurance pot, right, + or - whatever happened when previous owners have left etc? Have I got that right?

So to pay the first season for a new owner to take over a shitty team only takes $100 out of that fund? Just trying to make sure I understand the numbers. Even if the new owners insurance is paid, it would only come out of and go back into the insurance fund so still only $100 out.

If that's the case, or something close to it, it's a no-brainer. There's no damage being done to the league or the payment structure - it's just utilising funds that are sat doing nothing.

Bob's team is awful. The team Eric took over was awful. No problem with either of those.

One suggestion could be to ask the new owner to pay $100 up front to cover their second season to ensure some continuity and commitment to their new franchise?

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:12 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Oh, an that reminds me....we get no PINKIE in 2016.  vote no

When I get time I will surely be commemorating the Freakshows earning of pink but it won't be the every day shaming it would be if the owner was here.

what about giving pink to the next in line if the original winning owner leaves??

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:14 pm

England Dragons wrote:

If we have $50 from each owner, we have around $1200 in the insurance pot, right, + or - whatever happened when previous owners have left etc? Have I got that right?

So to pay the first season for a new owner to take over a shitty team only takes $100 out of that fund? Just trying to make sure I understand the numbers. Even if the new owners insurance is paid, it would only come out of and go back into the insurance fund so still only $100 out.

If that's the case, or something close to it, it's a no-brainer. There's no damage being done to the league or the payment structure - it's just utilising funds that are sat doing nothing.

Bob's team is awful. The team Eric took over was awful. No problem with either of those.

One suggestion could be to ask the new owner to pay $100 up front to cover their second season to ensure some continuity and commitment to their new franchise?

good idea

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:17 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:

what about giving pink to the next in line if the original winning owner leaves??

That's come up before and it just doesn't work. You fight all year and escape and then because some bitch quits you get it anyway..that's weak. I will come up with some way of making it not a completely PINK-LESS year.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:17 pm

It would be a shame to have no pink here, just from what I saw last offseason and during the season it was just a hoot.  laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:23 pm

England Dragons wrote:

Yeah, we'll definitely talk about details like that because there needs to be something along those lines clearly.

As for the numbers....we have 1200 + the 100 held from past owners as we had discussed in the past. Bob loses his insurance money obviously. Having insurance on me is kinda silly if you think about it but yeah this should be of minimal impact to make things right for the NOW and we'll get things detailed out for the future to account for all the aspects discussed.

I have no doubt that like everything else, we'll come out better and stronger for having to go through this nonsense. If for some reason nobody is interested in this committee, I got a few folks that are doing similar roles for me anyway that can absorb this if necessary. It should be pretty easy once we get it set up initially.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:25 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

It would be a shame to have no pink here, just from what I saw last offseason and during the season it was just a hoot.  laughing

I know. I think it's weak to give it to the guy who escaped it all year...it's just as weak to give it to the previous pink guy who already did his time and just got their colors back. Giving it to a new owner of the franchise is a lame intro to the league and doesn't have the same SHAME as earning it oneself. I wish I had a good solution.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:30 pm

Maybe i missed it, but is there a plan to replenish the insurance funds back to the full amount ($1200) and here I'm trusting that damn Jonny English.

But, say we take the $200 out for Eric & Russ. Is there a play to put away a % of say the progressive pot each season until it's back at $1200 or are we cool with letting it sit at 1,000???

Btw, reading all of that made my head hurt.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:32 pm

There has to be no pink. When James took on the mantle in year one it just didn't work the same as we all knew he wasn't really pink.

We'll just have to save the jokes and piss-taking up for a year.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:34 pm

England Dragons wrote:
There has to be no pink. When James took on the mantle in year one it just didn't work the same as we all knew he wasn't really pink.

We'll just have to save the jokes and piss-taking up for a year.

So what you are saying is, the Pink for 2017 has it coming. Oh man I hope I dig myself out of the hole.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:34 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Maybe i missed it, but is there a plan to replenish the insurance funds back to the full amount ($1200) and here I'm trusting that damn Jonny English.

But, say we take the $200 out for Eric & Russ.   Is there a play to put away a % of say the progressive pot each season until it's back at $1200 or are we cool with letting it sit at 1,000???

It's at $1300 at the moment so will drop to $1100. I don't see any reason to increase it back as it doesn't really do anything.

I guess we might need a plan if it gets to $300 or $400 but that's a long way off.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:38 pm

That's come up before and it just doesn't work.  You fight all year and escape and then because some bitch quits you get it anyway..that's weak.  I will come up with some way of making it not a completely PINK-LESS year.

good point

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:49 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

But, say we take the $200 out for Eric & Russ.   Is there a play to put away a % of say the progressive pot each season until it's back at $1200 or are we cool with letting it sit at 1,000???

It's at $1300 at the moment so will drop to $1100. I don't see any reason to increase it back as it doesn't really do anything.

I guess we might need a plan if it gets to $300 or $400 but that's a long way off.

Somewhere in the middle...I fully intend to discuss what our plan is to get it replenished Brad. It might just be as simple as when teams leave, their insurance stays here as opposed to what we decided a year or two ago which was once we had that initial 100 we threw the others into the pot.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:50 pm

I think this committee's focus on preventing issues like this will be the bigger win. If we can get in front of situations like this then there really isn't a situation to worry about, right?

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:06 pm

Shame about Bob, but was starting to assume that was the direction it was heading.  I think this approach makes sense though.  I don't totally understand what being on this committee entails, but it sounds like it wouldn't be a ton of work- I don't mind being a part of it. I think it probably makes sense to make sure that there is at least 1 member from each conference so that we keep a better idea of the state of all the rosters.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:49 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Shame about Bob, but was starting to assume that was the direction it was heading.  I think this approach makes sense though.  I don't totally understand what being on this committee entails, but it sounds like it wouldn't be a ton of work- I don't mind being a part of it.  I think it probably makes sense to make sure that there is at least 1 member from each conference so that we keep a better idea of the state of all the rosters.

Good call.

I am keeping a list of who wants to be part of the committee...after a couple days I will sort out who it'll be.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:56 pm

Man, I'm really bummed to hear about Bob. I know it's been a tough year for him. I also think that if you are stuck in a tough spot like that, it's probably best for you to step away from this silly game and focus on your family. Which is also taking necessary steps to do what's best for the club. If someone were to do that, I'd assume they'd be welcomed back with open arms. Maybe even put to the top of the wait list? Reserve the top wait list spot, and tell any new owners they are #2 in line with the possibility of being 1st.

I don't think it is a good idea to ignore the insurance pot deflating. That can cause bankruptcy to sneak up on you. I like Brad's idea of taking funds from the progressive pot.

Poor Russ will be put into a mess, but on the same token, what happens when he wins money? I'd hope that any money he wins in year one, up to $100, will go back to the insurance fund. Or if the insurance fund is refilled from the progressive pot, then the winning money goes back to the progressive fund.

Opinion #24. Sorry if opinions are only wanted from the new committee. I'd be willing to jump aboard if needed.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:18 pm

Sorry to hear about Bob. I would also be willing to be on this committee. I have a few thoughts, but I will email Andy.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:26 pm

Wow. I have been traveling all day and just read this whole thing. First and most important, my prayers are with Bob. I had no idea his year was so tough. It puts alot of things in perspective.

Being proactive on this issue with what to do with a shitty team is important. I always laugh with the commissioners who advertise a terrible team on DFL and are surprised when nobody jumps on it. Obviously RW has the appeal because getting a team is really important to people. However, any competitive owner wants to feel they have a chance to win. If the new owner feels they have no chance, then that needs to be fixed.

I commend this league for trying to deal with this in the best manner possible.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:41 pm

Count me as also liking Brads idea of taking money from the progressive pot.

Very sorry to hear about Bob, hope one day he gets life back in order and can re-join the wait list if that is what is decided by the Prez at that time.

Anyway, Andy I support whatever you decide, situations like this are not ideal and the norm so sometimes you have to do what you think is best even if it is not spelled out in our bylaws...

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:58 pm

Bob will be a big loss for sure.

Let's be clear - not keeping the insurance at 1200 (or as you say 1150 if you exclude Andy) is a bad idea as anything below that means you are technically insolvent since if the league folds and everyone is owed their insurance money you need to have 1150 on hand. You can't "borrow" from future members by assuming that RW continues in perpetuity!

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:19 pm

I know this will fly like a bowling ball in water. But if the league needs to generate 200 bucks for Eric's Goonies and what was Bob's Freaks we could simply just pass the hat and pop 8 bucks each into it and waalaa $8.33 to the 24 equals 200. Basically it eats the Free Year we were given for winning "Best Dynasty Football" last year. End result is Eric and the new guy pay 8.33 and save a 100 each, the rest of the league pays 108.33 instead of the usual 107. We were only paying 100 of the 107 this year, so it is thus a league wide shared expense of making things right without really costing anyone anything. Anyways, that is my 2 cents and they are free, so don't shoot the messenger, and if you do use a clip with at least 9 rounds as I got 9 lives and all.

laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:31 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
I know this will fly like a bowling ball in water.  But if the league needs to generate 200 bucks for Eric's Goonies and what was Bob's Freaks we could simply just pass the hat and pop 8 bucks each into it and waalaa $8.33 to the 24 equals 200.  Basically it eats the Free Year we were given for winning "Best Dynasty Football" last year.  End result is Eric and the new guy pay 8.33 and save a 100 each, the rest of the league pays 108.33 instead of the usual 107.  We were only paying 100 of the 107 this year, so it is thus a league wide shared expense of making things right without really costing anyone anything.  Anyways, that is my 2 cents and they are free, so don't shoot the messenger, and if you do use a clip with at least 9 rounds as I got 9 lives and all.

laughing  

Another great idea. This is a great league I don't think many of us would have an issue with that, I know I would be behind it.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:34 pm

I know this will fly like a bowling ball in water.  But if the league needs to generate 200 bucks for Eric's Goonies and what was Bob's Freaks we could simply just pass the hat and pop 8 bucks each into it and waalaa $8.33 to the 24 equals 200.  Basically it eats the Free Year we were given for winning "Best Dynasty Football" last year.  End result is Eric and the new guy pay 8.33 and save a 100 each, the rest of the league pays 108.33 instead of the usual 107.  We were only paying 100 of the 107 this year, so it is thus a league wide shared expense of making things right without really costing anyone anything.  Anyways, that is my 2 cents and they are free, so don't shoot the messenger, and if you do use a clip with at least 9 rounds as I got 9 lives and all.

laughing  

brilliant.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:35 pm

California Nightmare wrote:

laughing  

brilliant.

good idea. rock on

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:41 pm

I only was able to read a short time of Bob's posts and dont really feel like I know him well, but I do know he is from my area. Sorry to hear about him.

It is tough to make decisions like this as a commish, but I honestly dont think he expects anything different. He knows the timeframe he had and unfortunately with all it sounds like he has been going through this isnt first on his mind. He will understand. Andy has been more than fair....so dont let that weigh on anyone.

I dont mind what happens with the money but those teams deserve discounts whichever way it takes.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:47 pm

I know this will fly like a bowling ball in water.  But if the league needs to generate 200 bucks for Eric's Goonies and what was Bob's Freaks we could simply just pass the hat and pop 8 bucks each into it and waalaa $8.33 to the 24 equals 200.

laughing  

Hell...To make it even easier; I'll throw in $8...25 X $8 = $200...problem solved! duckhunt

Good one "Gato-Man"

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:53 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
California Nightmare wrote:

laughing  

brilliant.

good idea. rock on

I'd also be fine with this

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:03 pm

I am fine with paying an extra $8 but I will ask this. What constitutes this? What determines an owner gets a free year? Yes that roster is not good, either is the one I took over and either are many that probably turnover, right? Is it just a judgement call?

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:08 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
I know this will fly like a bowling ball in water.  But if the league needs to generate 200 bucks for Eric's Goonies and what was Bob's Freaks we could simply just pass the hat and pop 8 bucks each into it and waalaa $8.33 to the 24 equals 200.

laughing  

Hell...To make it even easier; I'll throw in $8...25 X $8 = $200...problem solved! duckhunt

Good one "Gato-Man"

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:38 pm

lol3

"I will do anything you want me to do..."

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:15 am

Let the house take a 10% cut of board bets to keep income flowing into the insurance fund cool2

Don't recall Eric's roster too well in 2013, but I take your word for it. No gripe from me on any of this.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:21 am

Alright, let me address the last several posts...

Whether Bob returns to find a spot on our wait list or not is up to him. I don't for one second want to down play what his life has been like for way too long BUT I also know how I am with people (aside from the cunt part) and for as much as I have tried to reach out on every level I have received close to ZERO in return...in a world where so much as a one paragraph reply would count as a TEN. I am not being given anything to work with at this point. Cross this bridge if it comes up.

The Insurance Fund will not be deflating. I am financially aware to an extreme degree, don't believe in debt and would not allow us to take a course of action that has us just soaking through money with no rebuild.

If/when a team is given a free year, it is just that...a free year. There would not be any expectation to repay any of it if that franchise found a way to win. That would be a poor way to handle this situation. The level at which this sort of thing will even come up will make it miracle-level shit for a team to win money of that kind anyway...but if it happens good for them.

Shawn, I added you to the list.

I don't believe money needs to come from the progressive pot whatsoever. I think that is at least 3rd on the list in terms of options for that. I will get into that more with the committee.

I appreciate Todd's idea as well but I also don't think we'll need to go there but I would prefer that idea over taking out of the progressive pot. Like I said, I don't believe either of these options will be necessary.

@ Nicks questions....no this is not gonna be some rinky-dink judgement call and it won't be utilized often if ever again to be honest. First off, the committee's main focus will be to develop something to prevent us from getting to this point ever again anyway but by doing so, we are absolutely going to get something definitive spelled out as to when this sort of action must be taken by the insurance company. Damn near every orphan team in a dynasty league has it's problems...the "right" owner should want into this league badly enough to take on almost anything. We are merely addressing extreme cases here. If this goes as I see it, we'll never have to deal with something like this again because we'll have things in place to head an owner off at the pass if they get real heavy into the mortgaging of their future in order to win or compete today while not being restrictive to anyone else.

To all of you...I really appreciate the support. This sort of shit annoys me...even when it's necessary I hate having to just declare something is happening and then hoping the backlash isn't too bad. I like no drama. I like smooth sailing. I hope we stop running into nutty situations like this one.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:36 am

I just got done working 16 hours on Tuesday and 15 hours on Wednesday... I work another 10 hours tomorrow... So I will dig into this post when i get home Thursday if I don't pass the fuck out. Looks like a lot of fun though...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:25 am

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
I just got done working 16 hours on Tuesday and 15 hours on Wednesday... I work another 10 hours tomorrow... So I will dig into this post when i get home Thursday if I don't pass the fuck out.  Looks like a lot of fun though...

Here let me give you the cliffnotes

1 Bad stuff happened to Bob
2 Bob not aswering presidential summons
3 President has to move on
4 Bob had a bad team
5 We want to pay people to take over bad teams
6 forming a committee to decide who creates bad teams and tax them
7 Trump skipping debate tonight cause he scared of a girl with a bad team
8 Someone mentioned everyone paying $8.33 cents to people that take over bad teams
9 The guy next in line wants reparations if he takes over Bob's bad team
10 Good Squad is was actually not a good squad when owner took over so he might be entitled to money too
11 Bernie Sanders approves of all of us giving money to those less fortunate and taxes the rich
12 Hillary Clinton has been in contact with Bob and asked him to delete all his email records thus not having any evidence that the Prez ever reached out to Bob
13 We might not have a pink this year
14 ... Actually I think that covers it

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:36 am

Bob will continue to be missed.  The lack of communication is unfortunate.  

I'll volunteer for the committee if a DD rep is needed.

My suggestion for replenishing the insurance fund is first sending any penalty payments into the fund until it is at 100% and then letting them flow into the progressive pot.  I think that should keep us close enough to whole without robbing the pot outright.

Maybe this was already said, but the committee can maintain a list of rosters in danger. Those that would be in jeopardy of impacting the insurance fund. No action needed of course unless the owner leaves.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:10 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
I just got done working 16 hours on Tuesday and 15 hours on Wednesday... I work another 10 hours tomorrow... So I will dig into this post when i get home Thursday if I don't pass the fuck out.  Looks like a lot of fun though...

Here let me give you the cliffnotes

1 Bad stuff happened to Bob
2 Bob not aswering presidential summons
3 President has to move on
4 Bob had a bad team
5 We want to pay people to take over bad teams
6 forming a committee to decide who creates bad teams and tax them
7 Trump skipping debate tonight cause he scared of a girl with a bad team
8 Someone mentioned everyone paying $8.33 cents to people that take over bad teams
9 The guy next in line wants reparations if he takes over Bob's bad team
10 Good Squad is was actually not a good squad when owner took over so he might be entitled to money too
11 Bernie Sanders approves of all of us giving money to those less fortunate and taxes the rich
12 Hillary Clinton has been in contact with Bob and asked him to delete all his email records thus not having any evidence that the Prez ever reached out to Bob
13 We might not have a pink this year
14 ... Actually I think that covers it

GOOD STUFF STY

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:32 am

My franchise only won 1 more game than Bob's and averaged 8 more points per game than him, do I get a free year too?  stir the pot

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:35 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
My franchise only won 1 more game than Bob's and averaged 8 more points per game than him, do I get a free year too?  stir the pot

Wow Nick... Don't you have a Pro Bowl to view or something? The only free thing you going to get is a beating by the RedKnights 2 times a year!

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:39 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Freakshow has only one 1st or 2nd round pick total in the next 3 years...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:52 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

...and no Mannings, Lacy, Beckham, Thomas, David, Mack lol3

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:01 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

It's actually worse than that.  I have tried to avoid commenting because this isn't really my issue right now.  But I think that I should pop in here because I don't think that most of you realize how bad this team is.  Some may disagree but it's in some rough shape.  

For example, look at picks, even worse than Ian thought:

Only a late 2nd and then no picks until the 5th round

No picks in the 1st 2 rounds

No picks in the 1st 3 rounds

And he's near the bottom in War Bucks.  The roster has some bright spots but a lot of people with expiring contracts and no real top end talent of note.  If it doesn't spend War Bucks to retain Cousins and Smith it could very well have no QB next year and years to follow.  The offensive assets are Freeman, Coleman, Conley and Austin and that's about it.  There are some strengths on defense, particularly at DE but war bucks will likely need to be committed to retain some talent on defense that is young but with an expiring contract.

I actually thought that the team had some clay to work with before I started digging into the actual assets. Then I realized how bad the team had become.

To put it in comparison, most would say that the Screamers (and I'm going off the current state --- Nick has done some work though) had a bad franchise, but it has several young bona-fide studs on multi-year deals (i.e. OBJ, DT, Julius, Mack, Lavante, Collins) and a lot of guys with some upside.  And picks don't compare -- 2016 (2 1sts, 1 2nd, 2 3rds) and all picks in 2017 and 2018.  

In the end I may not be the right guy for this squad but I do think that everyone should realize that Andy is in a tough spot and he's making efforts to try to address it.  This team does need some help if it has a chance to compete at any point in the near future, whoever ultimately runs it.

Last edited by Bergen Brawlers on Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:01 pm

Haha, I was just trying to stir the pot.

Dry, your ass kicking is coming. laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new situation   

Back to top Go down

A new situation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: