HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 
 

 Carson Palmer QB ARI

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22887

PostSubject: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:59 pm

Carson Palmer likes what he sees from playbook

Quote :
Oakland Raiders QB Carson Palmer said he likes what he has seen with the offensive playbook so far this offseason. 'I think it's really going to fit the personnel we have. The style of play with the offensive line and the zone running scheme, and the speed we have in the backfield, it's built for making a read, making one cut, and getting vertical and putting pressure on the defense with our speed and our running backs just heading north when they find the hole in that zone,' Palmer said.
Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 768

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:07 am

I will be interested to see how he does. I use to be a fan of his and would love to see him get back to the way he use to play.


Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1267

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:40 am

I bought low on Carson Palmer in a lot of leagues last year and I am hoping that it pays off huge....


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:25 pm

Omega City Legends wrote:
I bought low on Carson Palmer in a lot of leagues last year and I am hoping that it pays off huge....

Same here, just not sure how he plays out.
Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns
 
 
avatar

Posts : 660

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:30 pm

I think Palmer will do a lot better this year I hope with a season under his belt and a full off season he should do better. I have him in a couple of leagues pray
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5712

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:48 pm

He seems like a good gamble right now. Nice upside if he makes a come back.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20220

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:58 am

Quote :
Oakland Raiders QB Carson Palmer went 13-for-24 passing for 107 yards with one interception in the team's preseason game Friday, Aug. 17. Palmer also missed a wide open RB Darren McFadden on a potential touchdown.



Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2125

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:32 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Oakland Raiders QB Carson Palmer went 13-for-24 passing for 107 yards with one interception in the team's preseason game Friday, Aug. 17. Palmer also missed a wide open RB Darren McFadden on a potential touchdown.



he won't miss that very often


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Oakland Raiders QB Carson Palmer went 13-for-24 passing for 107 yards with one interception in the team's preseason game Friday, Aug. 17. Palmer also missed a wide open RB Darren McFadden on a potential touchdown.



he won't miss that very often

Won't have many chances.....DMC will be gone for the year soon



Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20220

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Oakland Raiders QB Carson Palmer went 13-for-24 passing for 107 yards with one interception in the team's preseason game Friday, Aug. 17. Palmer also missed a wide open RB Darren McFadden on a potential touchdown.



he won't miss that very often

Won't have many chances.....DMC will be gone for the year soon


GTFO furious


Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5712

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:34 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Oakland Raiders QB Carson Palmer went 13-for-24 passing for 107 yards with one interception in the team's preseason game Friday, Aug. 17. Palmer also missed a wide open RB Darren McFadden on a potential touchdown.



he won't miss that very often

Won't have many chances.....DMC will be gone for the year soon


ROTFLMAO


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20220

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:39 am

Quote :
CBS' Jason La Canfora has been told there's "no way" the Raiders pay Carson Palmer's $13 million base salary. Analysis: La Canfora lumps Palmer into a group of quarterbacks who could be released in the next month or so. 33-year-old Palmer has gone just 8-16 over the last two seasons as a starter, and he has two years and $28 million left on his contract. He'll almost certainly have to take a pay cut to return in 2013.

Yeah 13 million for that?


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:02 pm

OK, this looks to be a reality.

So now, food for thought.

He'll end up in AZ. If memory serves, Arians was on the sidelines in Cincy. They're saying they already have their QB with the 4 they have, but their combined record as starters is 4-14. Doesn't give you a stiffy.

My bet is he goes there, they win a couple more games this year than last, they become mired in rebuild mode for the next 3 years.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20220

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:32 pm

Quote :
The Oakland Raiders are prepared to pay QB Carson Palmer the $13 million he is owed in 2013. The team "will pay it for now," according to a team source.


Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 768

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:55 pm

He should refuse it.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20220

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:14 am

Quote :
Updating previous reports, the Oakland Raiders will not pay QB Carson Palmer the $13 million he's owed next season. He'll need to take a pay cut or be cut.

Fucking reporters need to get their shit straight.


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6823

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:48 pm

Quote :
A source tells Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports that Carson Palmer's refusal to take a pay cut is based on a sense that he no longer wants to play for the Raiders.
The Raiders offered him a relatively minor cut from $13 million to $10 million, but Palmer's "preference" is to be given his outright release. Silver suggests Palmer would even prefer to be a backup elsewhere than play another down in Oakland. Silver does acknowledge the Cardinals are Palmer's "most logical suitor" once he's almost-inevitably released. If Palmer were to stay with the Raiders, "the quarterback suspects he is set up for failure." Said one source, "The fans hate the (2011 Palmer) trade and take it out on him. He's probably thinking that he'll get his ass kicked, physically and mentally." Per Silver, there's an "increasing sense" from both sides that a divorce is imminent.


More speculation most likely, but I don't see him in Oakland much longer


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20220

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:13 am

Quote :
SI's Peter King believes it's "inevitable" that Carson Palmer ends up with the Cardinals. Analysis: The choking smoke should soon turn to fire despite noise about Palmer willing to be a backup for a winning team. King expects the Cardinals to surrender a fourth- or fifth-round pick, and for the sides to agree to an extension "commensurate" with Palmer's recent performance. Palmer's flagging arm strength makes him a dubious fit for Bruce Arians' vertical attack, but he's still a better option than Drew Stanton.

I'd think this is good news for his and Fitz's value.


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:04 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
SI's Peter King believes it's "inevitable" that Carson Palmer ends up with the Cardinals. Analysis: The choking smoke should soon turn to fire despite noise about Palmer willing to be a backup for a winning team. King expects the Cardinals to surrender a fourth- or fifth-round pick, and for the sides to agree to an extension "commensurate" with Palmer's recent performance. Palmer's flagging arm strength makes him a dubious fit for Bruce Arians' vertical attack, but he's still a better option than Drew Stanton.

I'd think this is good news for his and Fitz's value.

And don't forget about Rob Housler. Top 8 TE. ;-)


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:33 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
SI's Peter King believes it's "inevitable" that Carson Palmer ends up with the Cardinals. Analysis: The choking smoke should soon turn to fire despite noise about Palmer willing to be a backup for a winning team. King expects the Cardinals to surrender a fourth- or fifth-round pick, and for the sides to agree to an extension "commensurate" with Palmer's recent performance. Palmer's flagging arm strength makes him a dubious fit for Bruce Arians' vertical attack, but he's still a better option than Drew Stanton.

I'd think this is good news for his and Fitz's value.

And don't forget about Rob Housler. Top 8 TE. ;-)

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:54 pm

We'll see who will have to last laugh. Top 8 may be pushing it but he'll be a TE1 which is top 12 in our league. I'm very confident in that. Perhaps a bet needs to be made, yes?


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:03 pm

Wait a minute, he has to beat out Stanton and Lindley for the starting job first! laughing


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5803

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:33 pm

Apparently the deal is done...
For a conditional 2014 7th!
Must make OAK fans so proud the great trading that has gone on over the last few years... rofl

EDIT: proof in case I'm accused of being like English

Quote :
@AdamSchefter
Cardinals trade for Carson Palmer now official. Raiders get back a conditional 7th-rd pick in 2014 if Palmer starts 13 games.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22887

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:37 pm

glad this is finally official...I feel it is a good fit for all parties.


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8725

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
EDIT: proof in case I'm accused of being like English

Quote :
@AdamSchefter
Cardinals trade for Carson Palmer now official. Raiders get back a conditional 7th-rd pick in 2014 if Palmer starts 13 games.

Huh... what did I do now...?

scratch


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20220

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:04 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
EDIT: proof in case I'm accused of being like English

Quote :
@AdamSchefter
Cardinals trade for Carson Palmer now official. Raiders get back a conditional 7th-rd pick in 2014 if Palmer starts 13 games.

Huh... what did I do now...?

scratch

See - Deangelo Hall thread.


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8725

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:09 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
EDIT: proof in case I'm accused of being like English

Quote :
@AdamSchefter
Cardinals trade for Carson Palmer now official. Raiders get back a conditional 7th-rd pick in 2014 if Palmer starts 13 games.

Huh... what did I do now...?

scratch

See - Deangelo Hall thread.

Laughing

Got it...

Wasn't really my fault. That's what you get for believing Rotoworld. Who supply data to MFL...

:dry:


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Yeah, now, I have seen a bunch of owners in RFA and FA auctions buying up Stanton. Bet we start seeing Stanton in the top 10 "drops" this week.


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:47 pm

THREE WORDS: LARRY. FITZ. GERALD. cheers


Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1036

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:03 am

HE IS AVAILABLE


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20220

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:41 am

Quote :
The Arizona Cardinals will start Drew Stanton at QB with Carson Palmer not being able to play due to a shoulder injury.

Can't tell if this is good or bad for the Arizona WR's Laughing


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20220

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:33 am

Quote :
Arizona Cardinals QB Carson Palmer's (shoulder) timetable to return from a nerve injury in his shoulder could vary greatly, according to head coach Bruce Arians. "It takes some time," Arians said. "Could be a day, could be a month."


Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3587

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:20 pm

Confirmed done for the season with torn ACL. Well, reported as confirmed on radio. Can't find a print source.


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:43 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Confirmed done for the season with torn ACL.  Well, reported as confirmed on radio.  Can't find a print source.

Yup and, $20M in his pocket. Wonder how this will finally play out?


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8725

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:31 pm

Based on conversations with GMs and coaches around the league, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Carson Palmer's retirement is a serious possibility.

Citing sources, RapSheet reports Palmer is "tired, worn down, and trying to see how his body responds" following "the most physically trying season of his career." One prominent GM told RapSheet that Palmer "has played his last down" based on "watching Palmer this year." RapSheet's report hints that 33-year-old Larry Fitzgerald could follow Palmer out the door if Carson indeed calls it quits. Palmer certainly showed signs of breakdown at age 37, but he remains a top-20 NFL quarterback. RapSheet suggests the Cardinals would make a run at Tony Romo or free agent Mike Glennon if Palmer hung up the cleats.


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2961

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:54 pm

Phew, may have picked up Carr just in the nick of time since Palmer was my #2. grin shrug


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3423

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:34 pm

Crazy to hear he just up rooted his family. I guess he already knows he's done in Arizona.....


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10364

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:36 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Crazy to hear he just up rooted his family.   I guess he already knows he's done in Arizona.....  

Quote :
Carson Palmer denied he has put his home up for sale and moved his family out of Arizona.
This has gotten a bit out of hand. It's our third post on the topic after one Cardinals beat writer apparently erroneously reported Tuesday night that Palmer was yanking his family out of Arizona and put his home up for sale. It's apparently a completely fabricated rumor. "No, my house in Arizona is not on the market," Palmer said in a statement. "And every year we have taken off for offseason family adventures, so there's nothing to read into there, either." All of this has gotten so much attention because Palmer is considering retirement at age 37.


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3423

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:39 pm

I wonder if it's just reporters are creating these rumors because they actually want Palmer out in Arizona??

Or maybe somebody is bored and just thought they would start this story, just to stir the pot and get people thinking


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10364

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:44 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I wonder if it's just reporters are creating these rumors because they actually want Palmer out in Arizona??  

Or maybe somebody is bored and just thought they would start this story, just to stir the pot and get people thinking

It is all about clicks in my opinion.


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5245

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:49 pm

what's odd is that the reporter who started it.. Mike Jurecki... I know personally. I'd be shocked if he was reporting this for any nefarious reasons.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22887

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:53 pm

I blame everyone. Whether it's clicks or Twitter or being first or being bored or being a troll or being a jackhole even if it ends up being true I'm in the camp of STFU until you know for sure, can put your name on it and are willing to get kicked in the dick if it's proven to be false. It would be a better world.



Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2961

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:38 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I blame everyone.  Whether it's clicks or Twitter or being first or being bored or being a troll or being a jackhole even if it ends up being true I'm in the camp of STFU until you know for sure, can put your name on it and are willing to get kicked in the dick if it's proven to be false.  It would be a better world.


ROTFLMAO  If I was a reporter and my editor said, "You can publish whatever you want, but if it's not true, I get to kick you in the dick." I would be very careful with what I published. laughing


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7786

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:59 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I blame everyone.  Whether it's clicks or Twitter or being first or being bored or being a troll or being a jackhole even if it ends up being true I'm in the camp of STFU until you know for sure, can put your name on it and are willing to get kicked in the dick if it's proven to be false.  It would be a better world.


ROTFLMAO  If I was a reporter and my editor said, "You can publish whatever you want, but if it's not true, I get to kick you in the dick." I would be very careful with what I published. laughing

kick nuts

 Laughing Laughing Laughing


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5245

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:58 pm

He's returning for 2017


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3750

PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:56 pm

For 17.5 Million I would return too.  Besides, the Cards are a pretty decent team all in all and play in the weak assed NFC West.

coffee


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Carson Palmer QB ARI   

Back to top Go down
 
Carson Palmer QB ARI
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: