HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Roles and Contributions Part 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Roles and Contributions Part 2   Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:50 am

After a lot of emails and time sorting through comments and such, we have a solid start to the casting of roles here at Roster Wars.  I will lay out what I have and what we still need to fill and hopefully some people have a little more time to give to fill in the gaps and we'll go from there.  

The Roles of Roster Wars

President (Andrew) -- Ensuring that things run as smoothly as possible in Roster Wars.  Finances, graphics, January owners meeting coordinator, player contracts and injured reserve, Warbuck distribution, schedule creation, extensions and tags distribution, draft coordinator, playoff coordinator

Vice President (Justin) -- Supervisor of the league...knowing who is supposed to be doing what and ensuring that it's being done and following up with folks if it's hasn't been done.  Reporting to the RWP if necessary.  Ensuring that things run as smoothly as possible just like the RWP.

Restricted Free Agency Tracking (Justin) -- Ensuring RFA runs efficiently and tracking threads are as current as possible.

Historian (Corey) -- Need someone to track the going-ons of the club and keep a detailed record with me so that things aren't lost or forgotten so that I can use this information on some of the graphic works on my end.  This person needs to be on point...knowing everything that goes on and have a system for making sure that things are recorded.  Franchise Tracker.

Administrator (Han-Yang) -- This position will evolve over time.  Presently will be in charge of bylaw upkeep and yearly owner survey.

Architect (Shawn) -- Creation, upkeep and troubleshooting of all structures in the Roster Wars universe.

Gatekeepers (Ian, Corey and Nick) -- Managing all non-owners of the RW universe (friends, prospects and waitlisters)

Trafficking (Brad) -- Tracking activity (primarily post counts each month.)

RWTC Commissioner (Carla & Brian) -- Ensures the RWTC runs smoothly and in accordance with the bylaws.  Must provide reasonable updates to the RWTC Lobby so that owners know what is expected and what is going on.  Must check that legal lineups are in play and report to the RWP weekly.  Must coordinate the call-out system and report to RWP results so playoff bracket can be in place.  Must partner with RWP to keep comprehensive list of participants and be able to provide the RWTC application.

Surveyor (Han-Yang) -- Administration of the Survey Game and tracking of it's results.

Visual Effects (Tony) -- Graphics help.

**TOP SECRET** (Greg) -- This position involves something not yet disclosed to the public.

Articles

Mondays: 2-Minute Drill (Rob) -- In-season article covering what's at stake heading into MNF for the week.
Thursdays: Monster Matchup (Jon & Dan) -- Weekly look at a big matchup.
Fridays: Rank & Order (Ian & Chris) -- Fun and/or important breakdowns within Roster Wars.
Fridays: In the Books (Andy) -- A summary of the previous weeks details and payouts.
UNKNOWN DAY: Pool Wars (Craig & Eric) -- Looking at results of the side games.
UNKNOWN DAY: View from the Bar (Dave) -- In-season (starts week 5) article covering the players race for seasonal records
UNKNOWN DAY: Race from the Pink (Craig) -- In season (starts week 6) article looking at the fight to NOT be last.
UNKNOWN DAY: Playoff Preview (Mike) -- In-season (starts week 6) article looking towards the playoffs and the race to get there.
Monthly: Where are they now? Dastardly Dozen (Tom) -- Article looking back 3 years at trades
Monthly: Where are they now? Terrible Twelve (Tom) -- Article looking back 3 years at trades
Offseason (June-Sept): Power Rankings (Matt) -- An offseason look at teams perceived strengths and weaknesses.
In-season Weekly (16 installments): Offensive Scoring vs Defensive Scoring: Dastardly Dozen (Derrick) -- Examining the strengths of teams within the conference
**TOP SECRET** (Todd) -- A new article that hasn't yet been disclosed to the public

Video Shows

Wed/Thurs: UNKNOWN NAME (Sty) --

** Brad and Corey are also looking to work in the video production department in some capacity to be determined.

Are you excited yet?  With everyone coming together on all of the above, this place should be even better in 2016 and beyond as it all comes together.  Thank you so much for volunteering to help out.

Now we do have some areas of need still so please let me know if you can or are willing to help more with any of the following...

Recruitment (unknown) -- I would like to have some people that make a point to getting the name Roster Wars out to the public through message boards or whatever else.  Doesn't need to be excessive to the extent outsiders hate us but strategically placing ads or looking for opportunities to show people what we do here and discover people that might belong that haven't heard about us yet.  Also steer people towards the RWTC and provide the RWTC application.

Tuesdays: Tuesday Takeaway (unknown) -- In-season article recapping the weekends results.  If Bob cannot do this, we really don't want to lose this brief yet comical article.

Wednesdays: Magic 8-ball (unknown) -- A prediction of the upcoming weeks games.

In-season Weekly (16 installments): Offensive Scoring vs Defensive Scoring: Terrible Twelve (unknown) -- Examining the strengths of teams within the conference **someone mirroring Derrick's effort for the TT side**

Can anyone help?

Now that everyone has a contribution, we can adjust and swap as needed but you have a responsibility to handle what you've put your name on.  Each January we can take time to discuss swapping roles if we want or whatever but between all of us, we can't let things slip through the cracks.  If you need a temporary replacement, handle it using the forum or email or whatever.  If everyone takes care of their department, the WHOLE will run smoother for everyone.

A huge THANK YOU from me to you!

I will be organizing things on the forum soon so that you guys can prepare or track whatever you need to or communicate with me/Justin about it all.  Stand by for that but be thinking about what you're gonna be doing and have a plan.

Last edited by Minnesota Eternals on Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Roles and Contributions Part 2   Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 am

Mark me down as one of the people actively going out to spread the gospel of RW.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Roles and Contributions Part 2   Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:25 am

Like it

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Roles and Contributions Part 2   Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:19 pm

Like it

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Roles and Contributions Part 2   Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:44 pm

taken in and absorbed

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Roles and Contributions Part 2   Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:14 pm

Will do my best

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Roles and Contributions Part 2   Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:50 pm

high five

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Roles and Contributions Part 2   Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:53 pm

Trafficking. Best job title ever.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Roles and Contributions Part 2   Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:03 pm

Excellent to see everyone involved.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Roles and Contributions Part 2   Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Roles and Contributions Part 2   Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:47 pm

A+ boss. I'm not out of the question for an article too, I just need to let that percolate a bit more.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Roles and Contributions Part 2   Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:50 pm

Looking forward to all of it!

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Roles and Contributions Part 2   Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:40 am

Is this literally everyone covered?
If so, great stuff!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Roles and Contributions Part 2   Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:48 am

We cover everyone Ian.

Cover them.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Roles and Contributions Part 2   Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:05 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
If so, great stuff!

I believe so...obviously Bob is another topic but I believe I got everyone at least on one thing for starters. Now we just don't allow anyone to just quit doing their thing without back-filling it AND putting them on something else....and then I should never have to whine about this topic again which should make everyone happy.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Roles and Contributions Part 2   Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:46 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:
If so, great stuff!

I believe so...obviously Bob is another topic but I believe I got everyone at least on one thing for starters.  Now we just don't allow anyone to just quit doing their thing without back-filling it AND putting them on something else....and then I should never have to whine about this topic again which should make everyone happy.

This place will be fuckin awwe-some metal

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Roles and Contributions Part 2   Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:30 pm

Any interest in 16 owners signing up for 1 week of the Tuesday Takeaway. It's a pretty loose format and would let us see most everyone's take on it. Sign up sheet 1 - 16?

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Roles and Contributions Part 2   Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:47 pm

Like it Andy! Can't wait to get my contribution underway.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roles and Contributions Part 2   

Back to top Go down

Roles and Contributions Part 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: