Share | 

Joe Flacco QB BAL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:13 pm

FLACCO ON....FLACCO

"I assume everybody thinks they're a top-five quarterback," Flacco said when asked where he thinks he ranks among NFL quarterbacks. "I mean, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'm top five, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'd be very successful at my job if I didn't feel that way. I mean, c'mon? That's not really too tough of a question.

dizzy

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Maybe he'll pull an Eli Manning, and actually back up his comments on the field....nah, he probably won't....

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:20 pm

to be fair, he has never had the tools the guys above him have but that doesn't mean I think he is better than an average QB.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:26 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
to be fair, he has never had the tools the guys above him have but that doesn't mean I think he is better than an average QB.

Flacco whore doh
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:33 pm

Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Flacco whore doh

How dare you! How can you not like a guy who plays with all replacement players?

ohhhhhh, Flacco. Not Falco. Gotcha.
Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:37 pm

AR15 firing I AM AN FBI AGENT!!!!

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:47 am

(Rotoworld) CBS analyst Phil SimmsbelievestheRavens'run-firstoffensecontributed to Joe Flacco's struggles last season. Analysis: "Put Flacco on a team where it's all about the quarterback and the offense and he will put up staggering numbers,"Simmssaid."I never look at his completion percentage and say he's inaccurate. I look at him as a guy who makes great throws, not good ones, every single game. If someone gets open, he hits them. He can throw the football with basically anybody in the NFL. If that's not a franchise quarterback, I don't know what one is.
he doesn't know what one is!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:11 am

No kidding. This guy had the 10th most attempts in the league last year. 25th in completion percentage! 13th in completions, 12th in yards, 13th in TDs, and 18th in QB rating. NOTHING there says franchise QB.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:18 am

Quote :
Working extensively out of the no-huddle, Joe Flacco completed 7-of-12 passes for 79 yards in Friday's preseason game against the Lions. Analysis: After coach John Harbaugh pledged Thursday the no-huddle will be a "big part" of the Ravens offense this season, they used it almost exclusively on their first two drives. Flacco commanded the hurry-up attack well, routinely getting the offense set before the Lions were ready for the snap. With deep-threat Torrey Smith inactive, Flacco mostly focused on sideline and underneath routes

I liked that even in the no-huddle Rice still got a nice chunk of action.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:12 am

Crazy, but I think I am coming around on Flacco. I like him.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:15 am

Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
Crazy, but I think I am coming around on Flacco. I like him.
yep me too high five

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:47 pm

When this guy is on he's ON. Just so inconsistent though.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:49 pm

I have always thought Flacco has one of the best arms in the NFL, the guy can chuck it up. Problem with the Ravens is they run their offense through Ray Rice so Flacco is never going to be a stud QB, always going to be one of those "if Only" types.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:26 am

Quote :
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Baltimore QB Joe Flacco is hoping for a larger contract than Peyton Manning when he becomes a free agent after the season. Analysis: Manning makes $19.2 million annually so it sounds like Flacco is hoping for at least $20 million. There's no way Flacco deserves to be paid as much as Peyton but guiding the Ravens to the Super Bowl certainly granted him a bit more leverage on that front. It would be an upset if Flacco plays for anyone other than Baltimore in 2013.

Off his fucking rocker.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:57 am

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Baltimore QB Joe Flacco is hoping for a larger contract than Peyton Manning when he becomes a free agent after the season. Analysis: Manning makes $19.2 million annually so it sounds like Flacco is hoping for at least $20 million. There's no way Flacco deserves to be paid as much as Peyton but guiding the Ravens to the Super Bowl certainly granted him a bit more leverage on that front. It would be an upset if Flacco plays for anyone other than Baltimore in 2013.

Off his fucking rocker.

I agree unless he is being smart and just saying that so that when they reel his ass in the number falls to where he really wants it to be based on his "high" expectation.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:59 am

I don't think he is worth half as much, but what is the team going to do? Not have a QB in a QB league?

Back to top Go down
Dallas Man Standing

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
I don't think he is worth half as much, but what is the team going to do? Not have a QB in a QB league?

Let him go and sign Alex Smith for 6 mill.
Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:49 pm

That number will come down, if for no other reason than that the Ravens have the franchise tag card to play.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:10 pm

Good analysis at NFP but non-exclusive tag is only ~14.5MM. I'd make Flacco repeat his season next year.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:28 pm

I read somewhere else that the Ravens are going to be about $16 million over the cap when the new season begins. Not sure if they can squeeze $14.5 in there, but the presence of the tag might mean negotiations are more likely to happen on an even basis.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:33 am

Quote :
The agent for Baltimore Ravens impending free-agent QB Joe Flacco, Joe Linta, said Tuesday, Feb. 5, he believes Flacco should be the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL. "When you do a contract of this magnitude, you look at what is the player's body of work presently," Linta said. "And what are the expectations going forward over the next four, five or six years. Joe wins on both accounts."

I know that Matty Ice is waiting to see how this turns out before pushing for his new deal. Rodgers is watching this one too.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:11 pm

Quote :
Updating a previous item, Joe Flacco's new deal with the Ravens is for six years and $120.6 million.

Crazy... it does bring up an interesting footnote:

Quote :
list of players who have signed NFL contracts worth $100m or more:

Stephen Davis $137m.
Brett Favre $100m
Drew Bledsoe $103m
Larry Fitzgerald $120m
Eli Manning $107m
Michael Vick $135m (Falcons) and $100m (Eagles)
Ben Roethlisberger $102m
Drew Brees $100m
Albert Haynesworth $100m
Donovan McNabb $112m
Calvin Johnson $132m
Carson Palmer $120m
Daunte Culpepper $102m
Joe Flacco $121m

Players from that list who actually received $100m or more from the contract:

None.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:54 am

That is insane . Joe Flacco, 100m dollar man. Wow.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:56 pm

Quote :

BALTIMORE—Economists expressed shock this week as the value of the U.S. dollar plunged by more than 98 percent after Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco signed the NFL’s richest contract.

Flacco, who was ranked 19th in the NFL for completion percentage during the 2012 season, received a six-year, $120.6 million deal, abruptly triggering the most catastrophic collapse of U.S. currency in American history.

“Unfortunately, the discouraging reports that Joe Flacco is now the highest-paid player in the NFL have had a devastating impact on U.S. exchange rates,” said chairman of the Federal Reserve Ben Bernanke, chastising the Ravens for the disastrous and irresponsible financial mistake that severely crippled the purchasing power of the dollar. “It was an ill-advised and reckless move to pay that much money to a quarterback who has never been selected to a Pro Bowl.”

“The Baltimore Ravens have single-handedly made the dollar worthless,” added Bernanke.

The Federal Reserve confirmed the value of the dollar was pummeled by Flacco’s $29 million signing bonus, which alone made the U.S. currency less valuable than the Indonesian rupiah and the Tanzanian shilling. In addition, global anxiety over specific details of the agreement, which included $52 million in guaranteed money for a quarterback who threw fewer touchdowns in 2012 than Josh Freeman, Andy Dalton, and Tony Romo, has thrown world markets into chaos.

The deal, which pays Flacco $62 million in the first three years, has already significantly increased the price of imports, caused astronomical inflation, and prompted panicked foreign governments to frantically move their currency reserves away from the U.S. dollar.

“It’s heartbreaking that one horribly misguided decision by the Ravens resulted in the decimation of 401(k) accounts, stocks, bonds, and pension funds for millions of hardworking Americans,” said White House economist Alan Krueger. “I still can’t believe they risked the financial well-being of so many people by paying Flacco more than Drew Brees.”

“Flacco just chucks every ball up for grabs and lucks out whenever his receivers catch one of his shitty throws,” added Krueger. “No wonder my pack of gum cost $850 yesterday.”

With the dollar significantly weakened and valued at almost nothing, NFL general managers reportedly feared that the unprecedented decline in U.S. currency could have major consequences on free agency and contract extensions for players who are more talented, athletic, and consistent than Joe Flacco.

At press time, the Green Bay Packers were reportedly finalizing a six-year, $989 trillion deal with quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:28 am

Quote :
Baltimore Ravens QB Joe Flacco may have his contract adjusted sometime in the next year. Flacco's cap number is $14.55 million this year but jumps to $28.55 million in 2016.

That cap hit number is absolutely insane. It would cripple the team if they don't figure out a way to scale it back.

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:18 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
Baltimore Ravens QB Joe Flacco may have his contract adjusted sometime in the next year. Flacco's cap number is $14.55 million this year but jumps to $28.55 million in 2016.

That cap hit number is absolutely insane.  It would cripple the team if they don't figure out a way to scale it back.

Yeah that is my one beef with the nfl the cap system is meaningless when they can manipulate contracts to the point where both sides *know* the last year or two wont happen

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:20 pm

Hurts parity i think and allows the dumb gm's to really hurt a franchise for years case in point panthers rb contracts

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:41 am

I HATE YOU JOE FLACCO!!! middle finger middle finger kick nuts

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:39 pm

Torn ACL, done for the year.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:42 pm

At least I have Gabbert party

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:56 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

I think I'd rather have Gonorrhea ... laughing

It's actually curable.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:22 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

I think I'd rather have Gonorrhea ... laughing

It's actually curable.

If you get it, I will make you a trade. Whoa what just happened?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:24 pm

What a disaster in Baltimore this season. To lose the players that they have this year is just nuts. At least they will get a high pick.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
What a disaster in Baltimore this season. To lose the players that they have this year is just nuts. At least they will get a high pick.

Very true. Flacco, Forsett and Smith. You'd be doomed if you had all 3 of those guys on your fantasy team.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:54 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Very true. Flacco, Forsett and Smith. You'd be doomed if you had all 3 of those guys on your fantasy team.

Your TRIPLETS have become the ZIPLETS ... Rolling Eyes

Maybe you need a new mascot, the cream filled twinkies don't hold up.

Try a S'mores, the graham cracker should toughen things up some. They even come in the Monster Motif look to stick with your overall theme. wink

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:56 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Suggs too.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:27 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Suggs too.

No not Suggs. He's garbage.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:29 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Your TRIPLETS have become the ZIPLETS ... Rolling Eyes

Maybe you need a new mascot, the cream filled twinkies don't hold up.

Try a S'mores, the graham cracker should toughen things up some.  They even come in the Monster Motif look to stick with your overall theme.   wink

I don't need all that sweetness. Gabbert, Blue, and Givens will show all of RW what happens when a minion gets angry. shocking

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:35 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
I don't need all that sweetness. Gabbert, Blue, and Givens will show all of RW what happens when a minion gets angry. shocking

Couldn't Resist using this pic as quick summation to the proclamation. ... Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:17 am

I don't like Flacco!  Never have and never will!  So, No I don't feel sorry for him at all!!

Man, that is really cold of me  shrug

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:52 pm

Mr. ELITE!!!!

Tough luck for the Ravens but Flacco isnt a guy I put much stock in anyways

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:08 pm

Every deal I see with these average QB's makes me want to  sick sick sick

Quote :
Ravens signed QB Joe Flacco to a three-year, $66.4 million extension through 2021.

The deal includes a whopping $40 million signing bonus. The Ravens had to do something about Flacco's gargantuan costs over the next two years, so it was necessary to extend his deal three more seasons in order to alleviate Flacco's $28.55 million and $31.15 million cap hits in 2016 and 2017. Flacco is now under contract through his age-36 season. The move gives GM Ozzie Newsome breathing room for free agency and could pave the way for Baltimore to re-sign G/T Kelechi Osemele to a big deal.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:04 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Every deal I see with these average QB's makes me want to  sick sick sick

Quote :
Ravens signed QB Joe Flacco to a three-year, $66.4 million extension through 2021.

The deal includes a whopping $40 million signing bonus. The Ravens had to do something about Flacco's gargantuan costs over the next two years, so it was necessary to extend his deal three more seasons in order to alleviate Flacco's $28.55 million and $31.15 million cap hits in 2016 and 2017. Flacco is now under contract through his age-36 season. The move gives GM Ozzie Newsome breathing room for free agency and could pave the way for Baltimore to re-sign G/T Kelechi Osemele to a big deal.

Didn't you get the memo... He's Elite. At least that's what Ravens Twitter said

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:06 pm

Joe Flacco will miss the first week of Baltimore's camp and is preparing to miss three to six weeks with a disc issue in his back, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported, per sources informed of the situation.

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Joe Flacco will miss the first week of Baltimore's camp and is preparing to miss three to six weeks with a disc issue in his back, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported, per sources informed of the situation.

surprised   Oh crap.  Back stuff is scary.  Fuck it, I just picked up Mallett in case I lose Flacco for extended time.  Yuck! sick

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:44 pm

This'll comfort you then Bern. SMAK didn't predict this, huh?!?

The Baltimore Sun's Jeff Zrebiec suggests free agent Colin Kaepernick could "come into play" for the Ravens if they at any point believe Joe Flacco's back injury is a long-term concern.

Zrebiec notes Kaepernick's connections to coach John Harbaugh and offensive assistant Greg Roman. John is the brother of Jim, who drafted Kaepernick and maximized him for the first four years of Kaepernick's career before a falling-out with now-fired 49ers GM Trent Baalke led to Harbaugh's ouster from San Francisco. Roman was Kaepernick's offensive coordinator for all four of those years. Zrebiec does make it clear there are no indications the Ravens believe Flacco has a long-term injury. At least, not yet.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:16 am

England Dragons wrote:
This'll comfort you then Bern. SMAK didn't predict this, huh?!?

The Baltimore Sun's Jeff Zrebiec suggests free agent Colin Kaepernick could "come into play" for the Ravens if they at any point believe Joe Flacco's back injury is a long-term concern.

Zrebiec notes Kaepernick's connections to coach John Harbaugh and offensive assistant Greg Roman. John is the brother of Jim, who drafted Kaepernick and maximized him for the first four years of Kaepernick's career before a falling-out with now-fired 49ers GM Trent Baalke led to Harbaugh's ouster from San Francisco. Roman was Kaepernick's offensive coordinator for all four of those years. Zrebiec does make it clear there are no indications the Ravens believe Flacco has a long-term injury. At least, not yet.

Dammit! How many FA QB's do I need to pick up to cover Flacco, just in case? lol 2 Nevermind, SMAK's telling me it won't happen, so I'll pass on Kap.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:35 am

My last 11 "Player News" reports on my MFL team page in the last 6 hours have been either Flacco or Bridgewater. But Flacco's back is considered no big deal by the Ravens. Ya right. rolleyes

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:28 am

Hm......thinking positive that he'll be ready for week 1, not seeing Kap in the mix, regardless of the connections...never say never!

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:26 am

Haven't heard any Kaep talk here in Baltimore yet, but weirdly enough, I haven't really heard much Flacco talk either (or Dixon for that matter). I am going to have to tune in this afternoon on the ride home and hear what they are saying.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Flacco QB BAL   

Back to top Go down

Joe Flacco QB BAL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: