Password:
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:14 am

So, I put together a video of who I thought would get tagged in RFA in DD this year.  

The first go around of this, I had like a 25 minute video b/c I was babbling on and on, but when I tried to upload it, I found out there is a 15 min limit on youtube, so this 2nd version was under 15 minutes.

Hopefully get some discussions going on it...

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:29 am

Set as private apparently. Can't view.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:53 am

Ya its set to private so we cant view it. Please set it to unlisted buddy.

UPDATE: Its working now thanks Brad! will watch it.

Last edited by Tarpon Springs RedKnights on Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:58 am

Okay... try it now. Could have swore I had it set to unlisted.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:22 am

Wow Brad loved the video! seriously, love the way you set it up to have your pic on the corner and be able to see the excel spreadsheet. Very cool, one day I will PM you to see what you used to do it that way...

Anyway as far as the tags I think you did an excellent job although I think you went a little heavy on the QB tags. For instance I do not see Brian Hoyer even being considered to be tagged by Andy tbh. And Fitzpatrick to me is not SFT or FT worthy. As far as my team I probably will use a FT on J Howard as I have been trying to work on my Defense and Howard at DT does very well. Either way it was awesome to see what will be available and I appreciate it!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:26 am

Nice!!!! I have to admit up front that I have tons to do so I watched the thoughts on the Africans and then skipped ahead to my team but nice fuckin job dude...this time of year is nuts for me and it's normal that I don't even get much time with my own team let alone looking into all of this sort of stuff so thank you. I am gonna double back tonight when I am past the point of getting anything productive done and let you educate me for the entire conference.

thank you thank you thank you

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:32 am

Brad that kicked ass. I have a spreadsheet with everyone's players, but you hit the nail on the head with how you displayed that and broke it down. Love it, and CAN'T WAIT! (Bart Scott voice)

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:34 am

Glad you guys liked it..

Sty, it's super easy (now). Cripes, I spent so much time trying to figure out how the heck to do it and watched a ton of youtube videos... Then, I watch this 10yr old boys video on how to do it -- his video was like a minute and a half and it's a cake walk with the default quicktime player.

I had been trying to get Google Hangouts on Air to work, but there's a problem with mac laptops that don't allow my pic in the corner to show up for some reason if i'm the one who started it.

But, with hangouts on air, I think we could set one up for the league, invite whomever and have 4 or 5 squares of people talking about this stuff and it'd automatically get youtube'd to Corey's RW youtube page.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:36 am

Really great stuff Brad. Loved the format and breakdown. Always cool to see what's going on in the other conference.

I have to figure out what the hell in going to do with my tags... hairout

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:46 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Glad you guys liked it..

Sty, it's super easy (now).   Cripes, I spent so much time trying to figure out how the heck to do it and watched a ton of youtube videos... Then, I watch this 10yr old boys video on how to do it -- his video was like a minute and a half and it's a cake walk with the default quicktime player.

I had been trying to get Google Hangouts on Air to work, but there's a problem with mac laptops that don't allow my pic in the corner to show up for some reason if i'm the one who started it.  

But, with hangouts on air, I think we could set one up for the league, invite whomever and have 4 or 5 squares of people talking about this stuff and it'd automatically get youtube'd to Corey's RW youtube page.  

Ya that would be awesome, you can count me in if we do that.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:56 am

I do not like the idea of tagging Stafford, might just throw a Transition tag on him, I don't what's worse, having Stafford or not having Stafford.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:10 pm

Great video man! Thanks for this! Only change on my team is you forgot Jamaal Charles... He will get getting some kind of tag, for sure.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:43 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
Great video man!  Thanks for this!  Only change on my team is you forgot Jamaal Charles... He will get getting some kind of tag, for sure.

Oh dang.. Guess, I didn't pull in IR guys who were on expiring contracts. Good catch.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:57 pm

Great stuff Brad - fascinating to see someone else's take on your own situation.

Just so you have the same perspective, here's what I would be forecasting for the Gadabouts:

SFT - Roethlisberger
FT - Ansah
TT - Floyd
EXT - Riddick

I think that's what you said too...? Might flip Ansah / Floyd depending on roster need.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:21 pm

Wow, that was awesome! Nice to always see what others are thinking on player value.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:12 pm

To tag or not to tag......I wish we had more tagging money!
Great first look Brad

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:14 pm

Hey Brad are you spying on me!?  

You exactly said what I am planning on doing!  I'm definitely going to lock up Brown for a LONG time.  I, might be doing something different with Gholston though, but it's to early for me to decide on that yet.

Love the video though.  Nice touch with the picture in picture

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:04 am

This is outstanding, Brad. Watched right away on mobile but again late last night to take notes.

You nailed 3 of my 4 top tag candidates and it is very interesting to me that you didn't include Lamar Miller. I say that because he is kind of an obvious tag but I have been thinking I would not do so. SFT on Taylor? Damn, now you really have me thinking. I'd love to avoid using that tag. The expense gutted me last year and I was road kill when it came time to bid.

One teaser: I'm 99% sure that I won't be using my extension on an expiring contract, but instead to add a year to a protected player.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:52 am

Baja Beatniks wrote:
This is outstanding, Brad.  Watched right away on mobile but again late last night to take notes.  

You nailed 3 of my 4 top tag candidates and it is very interesting to me that you didn't include Lamar Miller.  I say that because he is kind of an obvious tag but I have been thinking I would not do so.  SFT on Taylor?  Damn, now you really have me thinking.  I'd love to avoid using that tag.  The expense gutted me last year and I was road kill when it came time to bid.

One teaser:  I'm 99% sure that I won't be using my extension on an expiring contract, but instead to add a year to a protected player.

In my longer version that I had to cut short, I talked through each teams' "other considerations". I went on and on about Lamar Miller. haha

Interesting that you're thinking of extending a non-expiring contract. I think someone did that once, can't remember, but will be interested to see who it is... probably someone to ensure you don't have 2 SFT guys coming due at once.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:18 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I think someone did that once, can't remember, but will be interested to see who it is... probably someone to ensure you don't have 2 SFT guys coming due at once.  

I added a year to Watt after year 1 http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t4575-history-of-player-extensions

This is all extremely detailed. Nice work Brad. I haven't had a chance to make it all the way through yet, but almost. This actually has me debating changing my tagging strategy this year. And what's the deal with all of the little tiny lists? I have 44 expiring contracts!!!

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:33 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Great video man!  Thanks for this!  Only change on my team is you forgot Jamaal Charles... He will get getting some kind of tag, for sure.

Oh dang.. Guess, I didn't pull in IR guys who were on expiring contracts.  Good catch.

Good stuff Brad - interesting to see how others think about these things.
IR guys have a big impact unfortunately - I have Dez for example...

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:17 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

Oh dang.. Guess, I didn't pull in IR guys who were on expiring contracts.  Good catch.

Good stuff Brad - interesting to see how others think about these things.
IR guys have a big impact unfortunately - I have Dez for example...

Rats. Guess, when I did the pull from the Top Performers sheet, I forgot all about that. IR guys definitely do play a role. wish I had checked that more closely before putting it together.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:32 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I think someone did that once, can't remember, but will be interested to see who it is... probably someone to ensure you don't have 2 SFT guys coming due at once.  

I added a year to Watt after year 1 http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t4575-history-of-player-extensions

This is all extremely detailed. Nice work Brad. I haven't had a chance to make it all the way through yet, but almost. This actually has me debating changing my tagging strategy this year. And what's the deal with all of the little tiny lists? I have 44 expiring contracts!!!

I was actually going to do the inferior conference too, but I can't get to the data. If someone wanted to pull the data for me, I'd format it... Just put into a .txt document the Top 500 Offensive players and the Top 500 Defensive players from the Top Performers page. Or email me your user/password and I can log in and grab it myself.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:14 am

Well, we can add Travis Benjamin to my tag possibilities this year. Hopefully the new coaching staff likes him enough to keep him involved

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:24 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Well, we can add Travis Benjamin to my tag possibilities this year.  Hopefully the new coaching staff likes him enough to keep him involved

No man, why would he be involved? Dwayne Bowe is the guy there. laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:30 am

Well, we can add Travis Benjamin to my tag possibilities this year.  Hopefully the new coaching staff likes him enough to keep him involved
Dont tag him bro, no one will bid on him, scouts honor...

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:22 am

No secret, I'm not tagging Snead. I've got a different plan, thought about it but he's on the board to trade.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:25 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
No secret, I'm not tagging Snead. I've got a different plan, thought about it but he's on the board to trade.
BAM! trade offer sent! rofl

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:10 pm

I sent Brad a sheet earlier today. I'll post both TT and DD somewhere.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:11 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
I sent Brad a sheet earlier today. I'll post both TT and DD somewhere.

Thanks Han-Yang... and I'll probably post a prediction video for TT this weekend.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:44 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Baja Beatniks wrote:
This is outstanding, Brad.  Watched right away on mobile but again late last night to take notes.  

You nailed 3 of my 4 top tag candidates and it is very interesting to me that you didn't include Lamar Miller.  I say that because he is kind of an obvious tag but I have been thinking I would not do so.  SFT on Taylor?  Damn, now you really have me thinking.  I'd love to avoid using that tag.  The expense gutted me last year and I was road kill when it came time to bid.

One teaser:  I'm 99% sure that I won't be using my extension on an expiring contract, but instead to add a year to a protected player.

In my longer version that I had to cut short, I talked through each teams' "other considerations". I went on and on about Lamar Miller.  haha

Interesting that you're thinking of extending a non-expiring contract.    I think someone did that once, can't remember, but will be interested to see who it is... probably someone to ensure you don't have 2 SFT guys coming due at once.  

I need to hear those thoughts on Miller now.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:41 pm

If I suggested anyone should tag Hoyer... I was wrong. Good grief, what the hell is he doing in this playoff game. awful, just awful.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:40 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
If I suggested anyone should tag Hoyer... I was wrong.  Good grief, what the hell is he doing in this playoff game.  awful, just awful.

Yeah, he is really bad. Was just saying that to one of my buddies. Just trrrrrrrrble.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:29 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

No man, why would he be involved? Dwayne Bowe is the guy there.   laughing

Unfortunately I have Bowe too mock Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD   

Back to top Go down

Predictions | Who's getting Tagged in DD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: