HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 
 

 Percy Harvin WR RET

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Baja Beatniks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3587

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:59 am

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Maybe I'm just contrarian but I think this helps Geno a ton.  Not saying he's going to turn into Drew Brees, but I think it will make him more than competent.

I agree that adding Harvin (when active) can only help Smith. Could be a gram, could be a ton. It certainly won't hurt.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:16 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
How does a guy who was ineffective as fuck for the 60% of the time he actually played WHEN HE PLAYED carry so much weight for you guys?  Have you seen the numbers this clown has put up?  Look at his career...it's a JOKE!  He is 100% dependent on some gimmick plays designed solely for him to not face defenders and since his weak ass is absent more often than it's present, every team he has been on has managed just fine when he is MIA.  He was a cunt in MN, got a SB ring delivered on a silver platter which I still find disgusting (since ya know he literally played like 10 plays that season) and now he gets shipped off to one of the worst franchises because again HE IS A CUNT and ya'll think he will be missed in Seattle and some Super Power in New York!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Excuse me while I ponder that and....

lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2

Not even bullshitiing ya...Tim Tebow has done more for the teams he has been on than this fucking turd.

Couldn't agree more... ass kicking


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:18 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
How does a guy who was ineffective as fuck for the 60% of the time he actually played WHEN HE PLAYED carry so much weight for you guys?  Have you seen the numbers this clown has put up?  Look at his career...it's a JOKE!  He is 100% dependent on some gimmick plays designed solely for him to not face defenders and since his weak ass is absent more often than it's present, every team he has been on has managed just fine when he is MIA.  He was a cunt in MN, got a SB ring delivered on a silver platter which I still find disgusting (since ya know he literally played like 10 plays that season) and now he gets shipped off to one of the worst franchises because again HE IS A CUNT and ya'll think he will be missed in Seattle and some Super Power in New York!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Excuse me while I ponder that and....

lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2

Not even bullshitiing ya...Tim Tebow has done more for the teams he has been on than this fucking turd.

Couldn't agree more... ass kicking

Boy, you guys are made for eachother. Like two muskies in a barrel. ROFL



Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:26 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Maybe I'm just contrarian but I think this helps Geno a ton.  Not saying he's going to turn into Drew Brees, but I think it will make him more than competent.

I agree that adding Harvin (when active) can only help Smith.  Could be a gram, could be a ton.  It certainly won't hurt.

Not sure here.

Harvin is a bad teammate, always has been. That knock on him has been around a while.

I mentioned Decker, Ian is right that he has been dinged, but even then, he has scored more points than Harvin. Amaro is coming on, adding a cancer to the clubhouse helps no one. Plus, never been convinced he is all that and a cookie.

What will help Geno is not to turn the ball over and improve his accuracy. Harvin really can't help there.

Look, I'll use the 2011 Colts. They had Wayne, Garcon, Clark. At that time, very solid, good Receivers. No QB`= no one over 1000 yards and only 14 TD's total. Doesn't really matter how good the receivers are when the QB is bad. Geno is not on pace to do much better this year than last.

Harvin will only hurt in the end if he keeps up his "I'm better than anyone" attitude.


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:30 pm

You know who else was a bad teammate? Michael Jordan. How did that turn out?


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:46 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
You know who else was a bad teammate?  Michael Jordan.  How did that turn out?

Pretty easy one here.

Jordan WAS all that, plus a cookie AND a bag of chips. Harvin just isn't.

Not a real good comparison.


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:54 pm

I have never understood the absolute fascination with this guy. He has never been over 1000 yards receiving. Ever. His best ever average yards per reception was his rookie year at 13.2. That would rank him tied at 46 this year.

With MIN, his reasoning was his QB sucked. At SEA, he was just hurt too much. Even though he was healthy this year and had a grand total of 133 yards at 6.0 yard average.

Has never proven anything except for a few flashy plays.

So, are we going back to his old excuse, my QB sucks again? Or, after he fails again, are we finally going to admit he really isn't all that great.

Michael Jordan my ass.


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:03 pm

You just mentioned 'bad teammate' as a factor on why he sucks. I threw Jordan in there to debunk your claim that being a bad teammate doesn't make a lick of difference in trying to determine if a player is good or bad. If you want to say that he sucks...well, because he sucks...then that's fine. I disagree, but that's cool. But leave the teammate crap at the front door. Players don't give two little pony's whether or not a guy is a good or bad teammate. If he can play and help them win, that's all that matters. They don't need to double date with their wives after games.



Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:07 pm

Harvin's talent is absolutely undeniable. The guy has sticky hands, elite change of direction skills and uncanny run after the catch ability. The fact that he's 26 doesn't hurt either. He did have a bad QB in Minny. He hasn't been healthy in Seattle and they clearly didn't know how to use him and/or didn't fit in with the system. Why jump all the way to 'he sucks' instead of having a discussion on his talent and the culture that he has been playing in? Are you going to say that CJ Spiller sucks too? Spiller is another guy that has immense talent but stuck on a team in which the coaching staff are a bunch of bumbling fools that can't figure out how to take advantage of Spiller's talent. So does Spiller suck? I think it's a perfect comparison and if you are going to defend Spiller, then I just have to jump to the conclusion that for whatever reason are biased against Harvin or something.


Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3587

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:32 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
What will help Geno is not to turn the ball over and improve his accuracy. Harvin really can't help there.

Harvin can help buy Geno time. Much like a defense adjusting to a good running QB, they have to play differently with Harvin out there. If an extra second here and there of frozen linebackers helps Geno make a better decision, that's the help I'm talking about. The Jets didn't so much add a WR as they added a fast, versatile screwball that defenses can't assume too much about for fear of getting burnt. He can certainly distract a bit of attention from Decker as well which should give him a bump.

As far as Harvin being a cancer to the team...yep, the stories about him string back to his high school days, so who in the hell would want to deal with that nonsense? Arrogant ignoramus Rex Ryan, of course. He might fit right in. Probably not, though. And if the Jets bail on Harvin at the end of the season, that's setting him up for 4 teams in 2 years. And maybe that would be enough to make teams realize that he's simply not worth the hassle.


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:51 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Harvin's talent is absolutely undeniable.  The guy has sticky hands, elite change of direction skills and uncanny run after the catch ability.  The fact that he's 26 doesn't hurt either.  He did have a bad QB in Minny.  He hasn't been healthy in Seattle and they clearly didn't know how to use him and/or didn't fit in with the system.  Why jump all the way to 'he sucks' instead of having a discussion on his talent and the culture that he has been playing in?  Are you going to say that CJ Spiller sucks too?  Spiller is another guy that has immense talent but stuck on a team in which the coaching staff are a bunch of bumbling fools that can't figure out how to take advantage of Spiller's talent.  So does Spiller suck?  I think it's a perfect comparison and if you are going to defend Spiller, then I just have to jump to the conclusion that for whatever reason are biased against Harvin or something.

We'll start with the "ucanny run after the catch ability". That alone really has nothing to do with QB play. So, if that is the case, why is his YPR always so low? His career avg is 11.4. Devin Hester's is 13.1. Does that then mean Hester has an even more "uncanny" run after catch ability? If so, why is he always available on the waiver wire? Remember, we are talking career numbers here. In fact, he doesn't even make the top 250 for WR YPC. Some that are above him and ranked? Sidney Rice/Miles Austin/Hakeem Nicks/Greg Jennings/Brian Hartline/Nate Washington. Yes, they all met the 200 Receptions to qualify.

He's absolutely "uncanny". He has the "uncanny" ability to make some folks view him as a top 10 WR, which he has NEVER done.

Bad QB in MIN? Maybe. Yet, I actually think that Smith is even worse. BTW, so far, the stats back that up. Ponder avg'd 6.3 p/pass, Smith 6.6. Ponder 75.9 Rating, Smith, 68.5. TD's/INT's, Ponder 38/36, Smith 19/28. AND, we are missing, to me, in this discussion of what MIN DID have. ADP. That alone should have given Harvin much more to work with. The Jets just do not have that type of running game.

Why jump there? Because he has really has never been more than average as a WR. Even when not hurt. He was, his first and second years, one of the best kickoff returners in the game. That has fallen to pretty much average now.

Talent is not a measurable quality. You could lump McFadden into the entire "talent" discussion too. Everyone says he has it. BUF also has FJax. Whom, IMHO, gets a little underrated due to Spillers "talent". Funny how he ends up with just as many Fantasy points with so much less "talent". Maybe the BUF coaches DO know how to use their players. Ryan Leaf had "talent".

I'm biased yes. Simply because, minus the first two years as a returner, he has just never been more than average.

I just simply do not get the hype on this guy. He has never proven it, he has never done it. Add in his chemistry with the team, that could present issues and, lastly, the fact that he now has an even "suckier" QB, he will just implode.


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:19 pm

We'll just agree to disagree as we've both said our points. However, I will say that Hester does have better run after the catch ability. Actually, if I could pick one person to have the ball after they catch it, Hester has to be towards the top of the list. The problem with Hester is that he's football stupid. He lines up wrong, doesn't know the plays, can't high point the ball, runs the wrong routes etc etc.


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:41 pm

I agree with that. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he will all of a sudden explode. I just don't think so.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:17 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
How does a guy who was ineffective as fuck for the 60% of the time he actually played WHEN HE PLAYED carry so much weight for you guys?  Have you seen the numbers this clown has put up?  Look at his career...it's a JOKE!  He is 100% dependent on some gimmick plays designed solely for him to not face defenders and since his weak ass is absent more often than it's present, every team he has been on has managed just fine when he is MIA.  He was a cunt in MN, got a SB ring delivered on a silver platter which I still find disgusting (since ya know he literally played like 10 plays that season) and now he gets shipped off to one of the worst franchises because again HE IS A CUNT and ya'll think he will be missed in Seattle and some Super Power in New York!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Excuse me while I ponder that and....

lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2

Not even bullshitiing ya...Tim Tebow has done more for the teams he has been on than this fucking turd.

Couldn't agree more... ass kicking

Boy, you guys are made for eachother.  Like two muskies in a barrel.  ROFL


Harvin has very pedestrian numbers for being so talented. He's a dick who was a cancer in the locker room and will never be a reliable player. Regardless of what Seattle gave up to get him at some point you need to cut your losses before his attitude infects the rest of the team. I respect Seattle for making the "unpopular" move for the long term good of the team. If you're a productive player sometimes that locker room BS gets overlooked but when your a prick and unproductive, see ya later.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22970

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:38 pm

At what point to supporters of Harvin stop making excuses?

Never 1000 yards.
Never more than 6 TDs.
Never been accused of being a good teammate.
Only played one full season.
So it was due to bad QB's and poor usage by the team?
He played with Favre and Wilson, no?

Let's all agree to call him Captain Excuses from now on since we should all at least be able to agree that is what is career amounts to at this point.

As for the wager, not sure if you caught my drift Jason but the "average PPG" shit isn't gonna work here....especially for Captain Excuses...Same math but he wil be expected to deliver for the remaining games...will address further in the BOARD thread.


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7818

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:22 am

does anybody know what they got for him yet?


Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3587

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:26 am

Conditional pick. Think the range is 2nd to 4th.


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:14 am

Actually a 6th, moves to a 4th if he is still there next year.

So, not much.

Also, CBS just reported that he refused to go into the game in the 4th quarter last week. That was the final straw. What a malcontent. On a SB caliber team and it's all about him. Yeah, he is a GREAT teammate.

CBS also said that there just was not much interest in him. That speaks volumes.


Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3587

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:46 pm

Wow. Very cheap gamble, then. Just saw a couple of headlines saying that Seattle was going to cut him if the trade didn't happen. Wish they would have. Deserves the message that you aren't worth shit if you refuse to go into the game when the coach sends you in.


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7818

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:53 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Actually a 6th, moves to a 4th if he is still there next year.

So, not much.

Also, CBS just reported that he refused to go into the game in the 4th quarter last week. That was the final straw. What a malcontent. On a SB caliber team and it's all about him. Yeah, he is a GREAT teammate.

CBS also said that there just was not much interest in him. That speaks volumes.
especially with a few very WR needy teams out there and a couple still trying to make the playoffs


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:26 pm

Also heard he is due $10 Million next year if he stays. He won't.

Maybe he can move in with Jason and they can talk about how great and uncanny he is for weeks.....

lol3 lol3 lol3


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8085

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:57 pm

There is always two sides of the story. Dont pass judgement until you hear Harvin's. The guy is a star, a great role model for kids and a superbowl champion. This reminds me of Ceasar. He was a hero too, and many jealous people (kinda like a lot of you) wanted him gone. ETU BRUTUS?


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:09 pm

Florida Chaetomorpha wrote:
There is always two sides of the story. Dont pass judgement until you hear Harvin's. The guy is a star, a great role model for kids and a superbowl champion. This reminds me of Ceasar. He was a hero too, and many jealous people (kinda like a lot of you) wanted him gone. ETU BRUTUS?

First, it's "Et tu, Brute".

Second, when was the last time you actually spoke to your wife with your tongue so deeply lodged in your cheek?


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22970

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:09 pm

Harvin is a piece of feces. Just reminding everyone.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22970

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:45 pm

How many games until Harvin realizes he is playing with a shit team and he starts showing some frustration because he either can't control himself or because he tries to duplicate what he did in Minnesota and get traded out to a contender?

Over/Under: 4 games

lol3


Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3920

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:01 am

11 catches for 129 yards. smile and wave coffee


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:58 am

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
11 catches for 129 yards.  smile and wave   coffee

I'm shocked, I say, I'm absolutely shocked, to see this post.

One game does not equal a season. Wait, will he even play a season?

mock mock mock


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20222

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:45 am

Quote :
New York Jets WR Percy Harvin (ankle) injured his left ankle late in the game against the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday, Dec. 7, and he may be out for the remainder of the season pending further tests. Harvin, who left the stadium on crutches, caught six passes for 124 yards against the Vikings.


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:55 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
New York Jets WR Percy Harvin (ankle) injured his left ankle late in the game against the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday, Dec. 7, and he may be out for the remainder of the season pending further tests. Harvin, who left the stadium on crutches, caught six passes for 124 yards against the Vikings.

Togh luck for this guy. He gets injured comes back gets traded and now plays for a very dissapointing team, and then gets re-injured. This guy could be really special if he can stay healthy and play on a better team
Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:56 am

Wait hoe did I put that as a quote lol


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:19 am

But he can't stay healthy. That's the problem.


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5255

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:41 am

Andy's all time favorite player goes down again... Had Andy been in Pink, we coud have had some really good coordinators for him... Havin, Sid Rice and Vjax.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22970

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:09 am

Percy Harvin is the most overrated fuckin hack to ever play the game of football. Fuck him. Glad he's hurt and no i don't feel bad about saying it. Guy is a shitstain.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20222

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:07 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Percy Harvin is the most overrated fuckin hack to ever play the game of football.  Fuck him. Glad he's hurt and no i don't feel bad about saying it.  Guy is a shitstain.

Ladies and gentleman - I present the only reason I posted in this thread.

troll


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20222

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:49 am

Quote :
ESPN New York's Rich Cimini believes the Jets will release Percy Harvin before March 19. Analysis: March 19 is important because if Harvin is on the roster, the Jets will owe the Seahawks a fourth-round pick. If he's not on the roster, the Jets will only have to send Seattle a sixth-rounder. Considering the Jets can wash their hands completely clean of Harvin's $10.5 million salary without a dead-money hit makes the decision even easier. Harvin is electric when healthy, so he'd be a highly-interesting player to track should he hit the open market. And it sounds like he will.

So who shells out the cash to bring Harvin in next?


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22970

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:56 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
ESPN New York's Rich Cimini believes the Jets will release Percy Harvin before March 19. Analysis: March 19 is important because if Harvin is on the roster, the Jets will owe the Seahawks a fourth-round pick. If he's not on the roster, the Jets will only have to send Seattle a sixth-rounder. Considering the Jets can wash their hands completely clean of Harvin's $10.5 million salary without a dead-money hit makes the decision even easier. Harvin is electric when healthy, so he'd be a highly-interesting player to track should he hit the open market. And it sounds like he will.

So who shells out the cash to bring Harvin in next?

(see top 10 list for dumbest franchises)

What a hack player!


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5255

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:03 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Quote :
ESPN New York's Rich Cimini believes the Jets will release Percy Harvin before March 19. Analysis: March 19 is important because if Harvin is on the roster, the Jets will owe the Seahawks a fourth-round pick. If he's not on the roster, the Jets will only have to send Seattle a sixth-rounder. Considering the Jets can wash their hands completely clean of Harvin's $10.5 million salary without a dead-money hit makes the decision even easier. Harvin is electric when healthy, so he'd be a highly-interesting player to track should he hit the open market. And it sounds like he will.

So who shells out the cash to bring Harvin in next?

They'll hve to get in line after the Eternals!


Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5904

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:44 pm

Harvin is a frustrating player to roster. Can this be a good thing for him depending on the team he goes to?


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8085

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:41 pm

Coinflip wrote:
Harvin is a frustrating player to roster.  Can this be a good thing for him depending on the team he goes to?
Heck ya! if you have him I want him!


Back to top Go down
California Nightmare
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2482

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:26 pm

His ass is grass soon. mow


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8085

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:28 pm

California Nightmare wrote:
His ass is grass soon. mow
I would buy him in every league tbh. He is gonna end up going to someone like NEP and be top 10 wr this year.


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20222

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:57 am

Released today.


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8085

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:52 am

Glad he got released. Now he finds a team that will utilize him correctly. Love his future potential.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 22970

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:59 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Glad he got released. Now he finds a team that will utilize him correctly. Love his future potential.

Is Quiznos hiring?


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:14 pm

I could definitely see Harvin ending up in NE, having a productive season and possibly winning a SB.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:25 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Glad he got released. Now he finds a team that will utilize him correctly. Love his future potential.

Has he ever produced consistently anywhere? IMO he never will, it's not the systems he's in, it's him. Not reliable, never will be. Somebody will pay huge money for this guy and get little in return. I hope his deal involves a lot of KY because whoever signs him is going to take it up the ass.


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3753

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:23 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I could definitely see Harvin ending up in NE,   having a productive season and possibly winning a SB.

I concur. His game actually suits NE "O". Furthermore, of all the teams NE may be the one team where Harvin actually keeps his mouth shut and just plays ball. I could see him signing basically a 1 yr deal disquised in some 3 or 4 yr package for cap purposes at decent but not huge money.


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:54 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Glad he got released. Now he finds a team that will utilize him correctly. Love his future potential.

Has he ever produced consistently anywhere? IMO he never will, it's not the systems he's in, it's him. Not reliable, never will be. Somebody will pay huge money for this guy and get little in return. I hope his deal involves a lot of KY because whoever signs him is going to take it up the ass.  

His last year in MIN he got hurt in Week 9 or 10 or something and missed the rest of the year but through the first 8-9 games he was extrememly consistent and extremely productive, he was the top scoring fantasy player up until his injury I believe... Since then, he has been in SEA and NYJ, not exactly places that were conducive to WR production... and he has had other injuries as well...

He is definitely proven to be an injury risk, that is a fact... But he has shown that 'when healthy' his play can be very consistent. So, its a little of this and a little of that... I think it is incorrect to just label him inconsistent or unreliable, that is far too simplistic of a viewpoint, as usual the reality is far more nuanced than that....


Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4349

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:50 pm

Maybe a cheap prove-it deal will get Harvin motivated but I think it's more likely the opposite happens.


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:01 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:
Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Glad he got released. Now he finds a team that will utilize him correctly. Love his future potential.

Has he ever produced consistently anywhere? IMO he never will, it's not the systems he's in, it's him. Not reliable, never will be. Somebody will pay huge money for this guy and get little in return. I hope his deal involves a lot of KY because whoever signs him is going to take it up the ass.  

His last year in MIN he got hurt in Week 9 or 10 or something and missed the rest of the year but through the first 8-9 games he was extrememly consistent and extremely productive,   he was the top scoring fantasy player up until his injury I believe...  Since then,   he has been in SEA and NYJ,  not exactly places that were conducive to WR production...   and he has had other injuries as well...

He is definitely proven to be an injury risk,  that is a fact...    But he has shown that 'when healthy'   his play can be very consistent.   So,   its a little of this and a little of that...   I think it is incorrect to just label him inconsistent or unreliable,  that is far too simplistic of a viewpoint,   as usual the reality is far more nuanced than that....

Sorry Chris, his stats just don't back that up. Where he was so valuable was in KO returns. Then in 2011 the NFL moved KO's from the 30 to the 35 yard line and we began with there being soooooo many touchbacks. In 2009/10 he had 82 returns in 29 games, for 2089 yards. His only full season, 2011, he had 16 for 520. Big drop in production from before due to the rule change.

We always here how dynamic he is, how talented he is, it's always the QB's fault. He has never broken 1,000 yards receiving in a year. Even the 2 years he had Favre throwing the ball. I don't buy into him as this great WR, I agree he needs a prove it deal and just because he goes to NE doesn't mean he will put up great numbers. He is known for not being a team player and that is the last place you want to be in that case. Remember how great it was when Ammendola went there? Man did his fantasy stock skyrocket, then, reality came.

Harvin is no more than average as a WR. He has never proven to be other. His big splash was Kick returns. Once that went away, so did he.


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Percy Harvin WR RET   

Back to top Go down
 
Percy Harvin WR RET
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: