x

Share | 

World War IV

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: World War IV   Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:31 pm

The system is st up properly and so are the brackets...

Main Bracket
Consolation

Everyone is playing this week and next so leave it all on the fantasy field bitches!!!

Let's use this thread for the remainder of the playoffs...get it on!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:37 pm

To the Eternal fans,

With our eye on the 2016 season, this year was more of our rebuild but we also felt we should see an improvement on the field and with some luck maybe just maybe we could squeak into the playoffs. Well, that's how it unfolded but our season was much better than we anticipated which left "squeaking in" not feeling right but whatever. At this point though, we have clearly outplayed our position.

We're in the final fuckin four!!!! Unbelievable.

We respect the shit out of the Dragons but we are also unafraid and know that we are capable of taking them down so cheer louder than ever before because we're gonna need everything Eternal Nation has got to continue on.

The scary thing is...we're only gonna get better after this season. Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:36 pm

Great job dude!

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:51 pm

Ya well earned! bravo!!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:44 pm

Awesome! Apart from the bit about taking me down. Don't like the idea of that.

Good luck this week Sir - it will be very close.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:16 am

England Dragons wrote:
Awesome! Apart from the bit about taking me down. Don't like the idea of that.

Good luck this week Sir - it will be very close.

cheers

To you as well.

Being close might not be a good thing...hopefully one of us wins by a solid 20...and by "one of us" I certainly mean ME lol3

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:54 am

Graphics look great for the brackets Andrew

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:17 am

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:
Graphics look great for the brackets Andrew

I admire those 2 graphics frequently. Thank you for doing that for us!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:22 am

Great job Andy!

Now let's hope my sorry, over achieving team, can keep things rolling!  I would really like to win something this year......  Even if it is the consolation bracket pray2

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:43 pm

Good brackets. You make the consolation bracket seem like the Super Bowl. Great job.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:31 am

Congrats to the final 4. I like that 3 out of the 4 teams "deserve" to be there, but it's also cool to have a surprise team in the running as well.

I have to say that I'm rooting for a TT champion this year.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:06 pm

New England Nineties wrote:
Congrats to the final 4. I like that 3 out of the 4 teams "deserve" to be there, but it's also cool to have a surprise team in the running as well.

I have to say that I'm rooting for a TT champion this year.

surprised to be here. I'm rooting for a TT champion too.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:19 pm

Good performance Jon!!!  On one hand I wish I would have been more of a challenge but on the other, having it get out of hand early made for less stress as ACCEPTANCE came quickly.  My team performed above my expectations for this season and our future is bright.

Your team has been nothing short of excellence these 4 years and you deserve a title but you had better get it next week because starting in 2016, Chapter 1 will be controlled by the Eternals for many years.

Good luck!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:38 pm

Wow my team has scored more points this week, than I have all year!?  I guess it's better late then never!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:31 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Good performance Jon!!!  On one hand I wish I would have been more of a challenge but on the other, having it get out of hand early made for less stress as ACCEPTANCE came quickly.  My team performed above my expectations for this season and our future is bright.

Your team has been nothing short of excellence these 4 years and you deserve a title but you had better get it next week because starting in 2016, Chapter 1 will be controlled by the Eternals for many years.

Good luck!

Thanks Andy. Your team has really improved this year and I've got an interesting off-season ahead with lots of expiring contracts so Chapter 1 will be a different story in 2016.

Really pleased to have finally made it to the big dance this season.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:44 am

England Dragons wrote:

Good luck!

Thanks Andy. Your team has really improved this year and I've got an interesting off-season ahead with lots of expiring contracts so Chapter 1 will be a different story in 2016.

Really pleased to have finally made it to the big dance this season.

cheers

Congrats Jon, you've more than earned your shot.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:38 am

Congrats Jon you were the best team in DD by a landslide.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:59 am

Justice prevails in the playoffs for once Jon
Bring it home for DD!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:52 am

I'd be really happy to see either team as champion. Both more than deserve it and have been here since the beginning. Both have been huge positive influences on the league and I'm really happy to see you both in the finale. I know I should be rooting for my Chapter mate and fellow TT'er but I'd be thrilled to see English win it just as much as Han-Yang.

Go at it boys!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:56 am

Congrats Guys and good luck to both of you in the Championship!  I think I will be pulling for the Dragons to win the championship for the DD

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:57 am

Jon, get this out of your system so you don't have so much to prove next season, please.

Congrats to both. Watching this is fun as hell.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:51 am

Grats to both of you!

cheers

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:09 am

I am not counting my chickens before they hatch. But if they do hatch, Justin you suck for not rooting for TT.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:10 am

As much as I hated Jason (CCS) I still rooted for him in the championship.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:13 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Justice prevails in the playoffs for once

Hmmm...I have always felt like our playoffs have been very accurately portraying the better teams. The Champions have never been BS. I can see why a team like mine should be a long shot but had I been furtunate enough to have won it all I don't think it would have been horseshit. If it is then maybe we shouldnt allow teams to compete in the dance at all.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:13 am

Should be a great game, but it looks like the Golddiggers will fall just short. It would have been a lot more interesting/competitive if not for some recent injuries and the issue of whether OBJ is suspended this week or a later week will factor heavily into the outcome.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:32 am

OBJ definitely should have been ejected. With the dropped TD plus the penalty yards, you could argue that he cost the Giants the game. Obviously I'm hoping for a week 17 banishment if any.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:32 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
As much as I hated Jason (CCS) I still rooted for him in the championship.

lol3

I'm rooting for BOTH of you. I can't help it that Johnny English is so damn loveable. If it was Andy or something it'd be easy to just cheer for the home team!

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:33 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:

Hmmm...I have always felt like our playoffs have been very accurately portraying the better teams. The Champions have never been BS.  I can see why a team like mine should be a long shot but had I been furtunate enough to have won it all I don't think it would have been horseshit. If it is then maybe we shouldnt allow teams to compete in the dance at all.

I think Ian is talking about Jon having the best team all 4 years in DD and this being his first trip.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:30 am

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:33 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:

Hmmm...I have always felt like our playoffs have been very accurately portraying the better teams. The Champions have never been BS.  I can see why a team like mine should be a long shot but had I been furtunate enough to have won it all I don't think it would have been horseshit. If it is then maybe we shouldnt allow teams to compete in the dance at all.

I think Ian is talking about Jon having the best team all 4 years in DD and this being his first trip.

I took to mean something different.  When a team slips into the playoffs with the AP record or even a WC with a 6-6 record or less and then they win it all, it just doesn't feel right.  Did they follow the rules and win it fair and square? YEP.  Do they deserve to be champ and all that come with it? YEP.  Does it feel like one of the best teams in the league won the championship? NOPE.

So when Jon lost in years past it always seem to be the better team lost one game.

Just my take on it....

shrug

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:26 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:

I took to mean something different.  When a team slips into the playoffs with the AP record or even a WC with a 6-6 record or less and then they win it all, it just doesn't feel right.  Did they follow the rules and win it fair and square? YEP.  Do they deserve to be champ and all that come with it? YEP.  Does it feel like one of the best teams in the league won the championship? NOPE.  

So when Jon lost in years past it always seem to be the better team lost one game.

Just my take on it....

shrug

Totally see this. In 2010 the Packers won the SB as the 6 seed, a wild card. Were they the best team that year? Hell no, but they got hot at the right time, and ran it. It just sucks being the better team, knowing you were the better team, and not winning it all.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:02 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:

Exactly

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:03 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:

Exactly

baghead2

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:05 pm

I would have to say it is seldom the best statistical team or the team with the best win percentage during the regular season actually wins the Fantasy Football title. Too much weird shit happens and is not within our control. A champion is a champion if you run the table at the right time and props should be given. Most of our playoff teams are really only a few point apart in scoring really.

The top team thru 14 weeks had 4677 pts scored, the number 5 team had 4414, the number 10 team had 4167.

That's 263 point split and a 510 point split divided by 14 equaling 18.78 and 36.42.

I find that the first number is very easy to overcome as it really is the equivalent of one good player. The 36.42 split number is somewhat significant, but with the usually lousy weather conditions, the injury toll mounting as we enter week 16, and the likely hood of not starting your actual best line-up and thus cutting your own throat on decisions even that number can be overcome.

I'd place the number around 30 to 40 percent of number one ranked teams that bring home a title and may even be high on that guesstimate.

Anyway, just a 2cents opinion from a guy who prefers cats to dogs, so what the fuck do I know anyhow ... laughing

Good Luck to All in their Bowl Games this week ... cheers

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:53 pm

Thanks everyone. Just hoping I can pick enough of the right guys for one more week and they can produce enough for one more week.

This thing means far too much...!

laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:09 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:

Hmmm...I have always felt like our playoffs have been very accurately portraying the better teams. The Champions have never been BS.  I can see why a team like mine should be a long shot but had I been furtunate enough to have won it all I don't think it would have been horseshit. If it is then maybe we shouldn't allow teams to compete in the dance at all.

Exactly

ahhh....I see. And agree to that point.

I told Mrs Eternals the other day actually that while obviously I was hoping to upset the Dragons and play for the glory myself, part of me would have felt bad because like you, I feel the Dragons absolutely deserve a shot.

Now the only problem is he is facing Han-Yang so both are worthy champions in my eyes. It's on the Dragons to put the cherry on top of the accolade sundae they have been making the last 4 years.

Good luck to both of you guys. May one of you beat the other by a solid 20 so stat corrections don't need to factor in.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:55 pm

Damn. Jon missing the all time high score by a point. How the hell do you score that much anyway?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:04 pm

Good game Matt. Many interesting lineup decisions for next week.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:35 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Damn. Jon missing the all time high score by a point.

Less than 1 point. Nice to know that my performance this week really had no bearing on anything. Had I scored like 350 I think I would be devastated. This worked out well, we didn't perform well enough to go anywhere and the Dragons said, "Go fuck yourself, this shit is ours!"

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:38 pm

Good game Han-Yang. should be a good final. 2 very strong teams. Well done guys.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:24 am

I blame Danny Amendola and his stupid first half injury...

laughing

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:25 am

Congrats to Han-Yang on winning the TT conference. Gonna be a hell of a game coming up.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:29 am

Congrats to you too Jon. Massive score this week.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:55 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Damn. Jon missing the all time high score by a point. How the hell do you score that much anyway?

No kidding.  WTF.

And Jon, you're welcome for trading Amendola to you. I'd like to say that I contributed to this score.

What?  That's 0.74 points you wouldn't have had. tongue ROFL

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:34 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

No kidding.  WTF.

And Jon, you're welcome for trading Amendola to you. I'd like to say that I contributed to this score.

What?  That's 0.74 points you wouldn't have had.   tongue  ROFL

laughing

-2 for fumbling that bastard punt return. Oh the pain...

sick

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:04 am

Congratulations Jon and Han-Yang. Good luck to both next week, but hoping to see the title brought home to DD.

cheers

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:16 pm

I hope you both lose and the title gets forfeited. Good luck to you both~

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:13 pm

Been fun watching as a "fanboy" Exciting last couple of weeks, leading to a great Super Bowl match-up!

Good luck to both Teams; though I do have a favorite. wink

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:47 pm

I hope both teams score a shitload of points and it comes down to monday night.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World War IV   

Back to top Go down

World War IV
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: