Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:35 pm

Looks good Shawn........Cant wait to see next year

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:24 am

Had a pretty cool thing happen yesterday. I got a call from the local news station here in Colorado, and they asked me a bunch of questions about my light display. How many lights do I have, are they all LED, how long does it take to put all the lights up and what makes my decorations unique.

They also asked if they could use it online or on the news. Which I told them, um yeah, that's kinda why I do it!

Who knows, maybe they will stop by one night and check it out. But if not, it's still cool they called me about it.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:25 am

Neat.....maybe you can send a link if you get on the news

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:12 pm

Right On! vote yes Yea, I want to see the news report too with the crazy Christmas Light Guy. grin

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:42 am

I'll have to take a picture of mine tonight. I definitely don't go as far as Derrick, but I think I've got a pretty good set up. I used every string of lights I own this year.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:36 am

Some of you new guys probably don't know that I do a pretty extravagant Christmas light show, but for you that do, I ran into a little problem while putting my lights up yesterday.

My neighbor across the street came over and was polite and all.  But she asked if I can tone down the lights when they go all crazy fast blinking.  I told her those are connected to music, so it depends on the song.  Then she asks if can wait till after Thanksgiving to start my show!??!

So with all this going down, I feel I'm going to get the cops called on me and I might have to go to court over Christmas lights rofl .  I guess it depends on just how far these fucks want to take it.

I will keep you all informed on what happens this year, as I'm sure it's going to get real heated!  

Oh and btw, they can call the cops, but the cops won't do anything mock .  Talked to my dad, who is a cop for our area, and he said they can complain to the cops all they want, but I'm not breaking any rules.  So best of luck to you cry baby little bitches!  high five

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:43 am

Don't back down from this.  Fire the first volley and hook those lights up to some Skrillex!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:57 am

Christmas Light Fight! HOORAY!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:58 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Don't back down from this.  Fire the first volley and hook those lights up to some Skrillex!

vote yes

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:01 am

I'd add this to the group of lights:

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:24 am

Did she give a reason for why they were a problem? I'd be neighborly if there's a sane reason behind the request. If she's just a hag then bust out the Slayer version I'm sure is posted in this thread from before.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:27 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Did she give a reason for why they were a problem?  I'd be neighborly if there's a sane reason behind the request. If she's just a hag then bust out the Slayer version I'm sure is posted in this thread from before.

was wondering the same thing

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:02 am

I'm sure the reason is the flashing of lights and bright lights is coming thru her window and keeping them up at night.  Or because the lights are so cool, there's a lot of traffic in the neighborhood coming to see the lights, and she doesn't like that either.  I can't believe she came over to bitch, but then again I'm not surprised.  

I put up a solar powered, red flashing lights that I bought online and is one of those road construction lights that are set up on street barriers.  It is bright as hell and can be seen from up the street as far as the eye can see.  I have a weather station on the top of my roof, and I mount that thing on top of the weather station, so it blinks red in the dark of the night, way up in the sky.  My story behind it when people ask about it, is that I have it up there to warn the aircraft of my weather station.  I put it up every Christmas after Thanksgiving, and it comes down on January 02.  Wouldn't you know it, a neighbor from up the street comes by and asks me to take it down as the flashing is hitting his living room window.  He also says, by the way I do enjoy all your other Christmas lights.

So, the wife and I have gotten in the car at night and drove to where he lives (about 1/4 to 1/2 mile away), you can see the flashing red, but it's not blinding or anything like that.  I think his complaint was because he thinks it looks tacky for the neighborhood.  I think it's funny that I say it's to warn aircraft.  I guess he doesn't have a sense of humor.   Last year, I did turn the angle of it slightly so it may not be a direct flash towards his house, but it stays.  

My wife has told me not to put up any lights and fuck these people and we can have a dark house this Christmas.  I have put up lights my entire adult life (over 25 years) and I don't know if I can go dark for Christmas.  

People bitch about everything these days.  mad2

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:31 am

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:38 pm

Yeah it's the flashing lights that affect them. I guess they can't handle that in their advanced age......

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:38 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
I'm sure the reason is the flashing of lights and bright lights is coming thru her window and keeping them up at night.  Or because the lights are so cool, there's a lot of traffic in the neighborhood coming to see the lights, and she doesn't like that either.  I can't believe she came over to bitch, but then again I'm not surprised.  

I put up a solar powered, red flashing lights that I bought online and is one of those road construction lights that are set up on street barriers.  It is bright as hell and can be seen from up the street as far as the eye can see.  I have a weather station on the top of my roof, and I mount that thing on top of the weather station, so it blinks red in the dark of the night, way up in the sky.  My story behind it when people ask about it, is that I have it up there to warn the aircraft of my weather station.  I put it up every Christmas after Thanksgiving, and it comes down on January 02.  Wouldn't you know it, a neighbor from up the street comes by and asks me to take it down as the flashing is hitting his living room window.  He also says, by the way I do enjoy all your other Christmas lights.

So, the wife and I have gotten in the car at night and drove to where he lives (about 1/4 to 1/2 mile away), you can see the flashing red, but it's not blinding or anything like that.  I think his complaint was because he thinks it looks tacky for the neighborhood.  I think it's funny that I say it's to warn aircraft.  I guess he doesn't have a sense of humor.   Last year, I did turn the angle of it slightly so it may not be a direct flash towards his house, but it stays.  

My wife has told me not to put up any lights and fuck these people
and we can have a dark house this Christmas.  I have put up lights my entire adult life (over 25 years) and I don't know if I can go dark for Christmas.  

People bitch about everything these days.  mad2

That sounds like an interesting next chapter in the Fucking Stupid People thread. shrug

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:07 pm

Fuck that! I say put up even more flashing lights. I'm assuming you turn them off overnight?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:15 pm

I'm glad there's not some crazy Clark Griswold neighbor across from me.  F that.  I don't want a bunch of flashing lights and slow cars stopping in front of my house all during the holiday season.

Back to top Go down
Valhalla Viktors

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:32 pm

let the holiday joy rain derrick! lol

good stuff.

we do quite a bit inside and out, but i've scaled back on the lights outside as i'm not a big fan of climbing on the roof. one of these days, i will fall off. lol

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
I'm glad there's not some crazy Clark Griswold neighbor across from me.  F that.  I don't want a bunch of flashing lights and slow cars stopping in front of my house all during the holiday season.

First Birthdays?  And now Christmas?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:08 pm

oh, I have plenty of Christmas spirit up outside..Well, not already, because, you know, it's not even Thanksgiving yet and I'm not a crazy person... But, when I do... I'm not going to be confused as housing a Rave strobe light dance party on my lawn either.  

As to birthdays, screw you bozos.  Like we need to wish everyone here a happy birthday.  whatever.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:07 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
oh, I have plenty of Christmas spirit up outside..Well, not already, because, you know, it's not even Thanksgiving yet and I'm not a crazy person... But, when I do... I'm not going to be confused as housing a Rave strobe light dance party on my lawn either.  

As to birthdays, screw you bozos.  Like we need to wish everyone here a happy birthday.  whatever.

lol 2 Well put.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   

Back to top Go down

Christmas Lights
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: