HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 
 

 Christmas Lights

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11326

PostSubject: Christmas Lights   Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:38 am

Anyone have a pain in the ass time with this every year, or do you just not do them? Put all my exterior Christmas lights on, they all worked before I put them on the house, get finished, and there are now several lights out.

To top it off, we put the lights on our tree yesterday, start hanging ornaments, and the tree goes black.

Everything is all good now, but why does it have to be like this? It seems like every year it never goes without a problem.

(Breaths deep)


Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6167

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:57 am

We have a very large wreath that lights up to place over our garage that appears to be real tree but its artificial Only thing we put up outside


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23763

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:16 pm

I don't do shit. I forget every year and then it's about this time and I think fuck it. Lol


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11326

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:21 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I don't do shit. I forget every year and then it's about this time and I think fuck it. Lol

Yeah, I get guilted into doing it. My 5 year old daughter was like, "Daddy, why don't we have Christmas lights like all the other people?" She asked that on FREAKING THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3859

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:48 pm

One Word sums up the whole month ... Humbug. Evil laugh


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23763

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:03 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I don't do shit. I forget every year and then it's about this time and I think fuck it. Lol

Yeah, I get guilted into doing it. My 5 year old daughter was like, "Daddy, why don't we have Christmas lights like all the other people?" She asked that on FREAKING THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nearly my entire street is a bag of dicks about it too so I haven't felt the shame necessary to remind me early enough to get after it.


Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 717

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:27 pm

I work retail so my Christmas cheer is used up there lol3

Actually, I really enjoy Christmas since my kids are 8 and 5. I however have no interest in putting up lights


Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6167

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:36 am

I dont want to create an energy crisis, so I dont put up a tree some years. laughing


Back to top Go down
San Tropez Eclipse
 
 
avatar

Posts : 298

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:53 pm

No lights. I try to get my family to become Jehovah Witnesses each Dec. to no avail.


Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 717

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:34 pm

Kingdom City Growlers 2 wrote:
I dont want to create an energy crisis, so I dont put up a tree some years.  laughing

Ok, now that is low. Gotta put up a tree Shocked


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3700

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:57 pm

Mine was a pain in the ass this year because of the show I did, but in the end I am happy with all the work it took!

But yes, I run into lights not working, to not having enough to do an area. doh Sucks when you have to constantly go to the store to buy more lights or go through your lights to see which one isn't working. Well worth it in the end though


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3700

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:49 pm

I know this topic is way passed, but thought I would tell everyone that LED's are the way to go! I just got my electric bill for the month of December and it was only $226. Way cheaper than what I thought it was going to be, after running the lights for 6 hours a day for the whole month. I thought for sure it would be over $300? Whoever invented LED's is a bad ass!! Best thing ever invented in my book


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3700

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:00 am

I know it's a little early, but I've already been working on putting these up.  I've spent about 30 hours total putting and setting things up, and I'm still not even close to being done!!!

I will upload a video next Friday so you all can check out my light show that I do.  It's not as good as some of the people online, but it's still cool IMO.  I've learned a lot since last year, so my show should be WAY better this year. #SoExcited


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3601

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:27 am

My official lighting day is Thanksgiving.  Taking the super tall ladder we have here at the shop home this weekend to get the peaks of the house done.  I have Sat. & Sun. and then Thursday to fine tune everything with their appropriate timers.  I have put lights up my entire adult life.  Nothing as extravagant as what you see online, or anything in time with music and a radio station frequency, but I still light things up pretty good. 

I'd love to see what you get done Derrick.  If you're 30 hours in already, it even has me excited. laughing  Maybe I'll post a pic of mine too.


Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6167

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:06 pm

We put a huge wreath on the peak of our garage with lights. I love it. BUT, I dont want to put the Christmas tree up this year. So we will see if I can get away with not that.


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3700

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:14 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
My official lighting day is Thanksgiving.  Taking the super tall ladder we have here at the shop home this weekend to get the peaks of the house done.  I have Sat. & Sun. and then Thursday to fine tune everything with their appropriate timers.  I have put lights up my entire adult life.  Nothing as extravagant as what you see online, or anything in time with music and a radio station frequency, but I still light things up pretty good. 

I'd love to see what you get done Derrick.  If you're 30 hours in already, it even has me excited. laughing  Maybe I'll post a pic of mine too.

Hey Bern. Here was last year's show. Please don't laugh as it was my 1st time doing this, because I assure you it doesn't look all that great, but I was happy with how it turned out. I changed a bunch of stuff up and hopefully set it up better pray2

1st LOR Show


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11326

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:24 pm

You have the Christmas spirit more than I do Derrick. I should have hung them today, it's 67 and sunny. Tomorrow it will be cold. Damn.


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3601

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:27 pm

Ok, that's awesome.  See, I don't have the expertise to program everything in time with the music.  We went to a house last year, to where you tune your radio into a certain frequency and the lights were in sync with 3 different songs. 

If that was your first time attempting that, I'm very impressed.  Definitely want to see what you come up with this year.  vote yes


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8246

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:36 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
My official lighting day is Thanksgiving.  Taking the super tall ladder we have here at the shop home this weekend to get the peaks of the house done.  I have Sat. & Sun. and then Thursday to fine tune everything with their appropriate timers.  I have put lights up my entire adult life.  Nothing as extravagant as what you see online, or anything in time with music and a radio station frequency, but I still light things up pretty good. 

I'd love to see what you get done Derrick.  If you're 30 hours in already, it even has me excited. laughing  Maybe I'll post a pic of mine too.

Hey Bern.  Here was last year's show.  Please don't laugh as it was my 1st time doing this, because I assure you it doesn't look all that great, but I was happy with how it turned out.  I changed a bunch of stuff up and hopefully set it up better pray2

1st LOR Show

vote yes


Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1893

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:37 pm

Love me some Trans-Siberian Orchestra Derrick so that makes me happy.

We don't do lights, and for the first time this year my wife is actually letting me get a Christmas tree because we have a kid. We have never done Christmas at our house, always at one of our parents' houses so she said we didn't need one. This year though, we will get to do it at home so I am excited.


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5653

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:53 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
My official lighting day is Thanksgiving.  Taking the super tall ladder we have here at the shop home this weekend to get the peaks of the house done.  I have Sat. & Sun. and then Thursday to fine tune everything with their appropriate timers.  I have put lights up my entire adult life.  Nothing as extravagant as what you see online, or anything in time with music and a radio station frequency, but I still light things up pretty good. 

I'd love to see what you get done Derrick.  If you're 30 hours in already, it even has me excited. laughing  Maybe I'll post a pic of mine too.

Hey Bern.  Here was last year's show.  Please don't laugh as it was my 1st time doing this, because I assure you it doesn't look all that great, but I was happy with how it turned out.  I changed a bunch of stuff up and hopefully set it up better pray2

1st LOR Show


Very impressed with the show.  I hate to admit it but I'm thinking of getting that projector that shoots dots of red and green onto my house.


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3601

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:03 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
My official lighting day is Thanksgiving.  Taking the super tall ladder we have here at the shop home this weekend to get the peaks of the house done.  I have Sat. & Sun. and then Thursday to fine tune everything with their appropriate timers.  I have put lights up my entire adult life.  Nothing as extravagant as what you see online, or anything in time with music and a radio station frequency, but I still light things up pretty good. 

I'd love to see what you get done Derrick.  If you're 30 hours in already, it even has me excited. laughing  Maybe I'll post a pic of mine too.

Hey Bern.  Here was last year's show.  Please don't laugh as it was my 1st time doing this, because I assure you it doesn't look all that great, but I was happy with how it turned out.  I changed a bunch of stuff up and hopefully set it up better pray2

1st LOR Show


Very impressed with the show.  I hate to admit it but I'm thinking of getting that projector that shoots dots of red and green onto my house.

I put 2 of those up last year on our house.  Works pretty good.  It does need to be pretty dark, otherwise they don't show up as well.  We have a lamp post in front of our circle drive and I had to turn that off while the lights were on, and those laser lights showed up way better.  No street lights in our neighborhood.  I had them mounted on 2 different posts about 3 feet off the ground and what was really cool was when the winds blew.  If moved the projectors around, and it made the laser dots move around on the house.  I also encased the projector heads in a zip log bag to keep it dry.  They are water proof, but I just didn't want the snow to build up on them. Those were my new additions for last year.


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3859

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:07 pm

I tried to do the tree in the yard, but got fed up and this was the end result.



A simple sign, and a massive clump of lights and decorations piled around it.

I think I nailed it.

wink




Last edited by Hamilton Steel Cats on Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1827

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:08 pm

My daugther asked me, "Why aren't our lights lit up yet?" I said, "I'm not done with them, they are almost finished." She says, "Well hurry up, everyone else has their lights up." And I say, "We don't light ours up until the day after thanksgiving." She says, "Well, it's almost Thanksgiving and I am seeing no progress."  hissy fit you are crazy yikes blow up embarrassed scared surrender


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8246

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:12 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
I tried to do the tree in the yard, but got fed up and this was the end result.



A simple sign, and a massive clump of lights and decorations piled around it.

I think I nailed it.

wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing

vote yes

bow

high five


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3601

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:49 pm

Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:
My daugther asked me, "Why aren't our lights lit up yet?" I said, "I'm not done with them, they are almost finished." She says, "Well hurry up, everyone else has their lights up." And I say, "We don't light ours up until the day after thanksgiving." She says, "Well, it's almost Thanksgiving and I am seeing no progress."  hissy fit you are crazy yikes blow up embarrassed scared surrender

Hang in there Mark and don't turn them on too early.  laughing I consider Thanksgiving night as the earliest they should be turned on.  You're right on schedule.  laughing


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3700

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:58 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:
My daugther asked me, "Why aren't our lights lit up yet?" I said, "I'm not done with them, they are almost finished." She says, "Well hurry up, everyone else has their lights up." And I say, "We don't light ours up until the day after thanksgiving." She says, "Well, it's almost Thanksgiving and I am seeing no progress."  hissy fit you are crazy yikes blow up embarrassed scared surrender

Hang in there Mark and don't turn them on too early.  laughing I consider Thanksgiving night as the earliest they should be turned on.  You're right on schedule.  laughing

I agree as well. I won't turn mine on until thanksgiving day. I just am putting them out now, because I have a ton of work to do


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3601

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:02 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:
My daugther asked me, "Why aren't our lights lit up yet?" I said, "I'm not done with them, they are almost finished." She says, "Well hurry up, everyone else has their lights up." And I say, "We don't light ours up until the day after thanksgiving." She says, "Well, it's almost Thanksgiving and I am seeing no progress."  hissy fit you are crazy yikes blow up embarrassed scared surrender

Hang in there Mark and don't turn them on too early.  laughing I consider Thanksgiving night as the earliest they should be turned on.  You're right on schedule.  laughing

I agree as well.  I won't turn mine on until thanksgiving day.  I just am putting them out now, because I have a ton of work to do

I'm the same way, I get some out when the weathers decent, will try and finish the hard stuff this weekend, but nothing comes on until 5pm Thanksgiving night. 

I've seen guys with your type of setup that start working on them by the end of October or early November.


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3601

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:53 am

Well Derrick, how did the final weekend before Thanksgiving turn out? Hopefully things are going according to plan for you. What's your schedule for the remaining days?

From my end, most lights are up and set up.  Timers will be added Thursday afternoon and everything should be good to go.  These are my fireworks on top of the roof.  The lights look kind of sloppy during the day, but the lights shoot out from the middle to the tips and it looks like fireworks because in the dark, you can't see the weather station, the poles, or anything else but the lights going off in the dark up in the sky above my roof.  Can't wait til Thursday.  grin vote yes



Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3700

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:52 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Well Derrick, how did the final weekend before Thanksgiving turn out? Hopefully things are going according to plan for you. What's your schedule for the remaining days?

From my end, most lights are up and set up.  Timers will be added Thursday afternoon and everything should be good to go.  These are my fireworks on top of the roof.  The lights look kind of sloppy during the day, but the lights shoot out from the middle to the tips and it looks like fireworks because in the dark, you can't see the weather station, the poles, or anything else but the lights going off in the dark up in the sky above my roof.  Can't wait til Thursday.  grin vote yes


I'm all set! All 32 extension cords are ran and plugged into the 2 light controller boxes. I turned it on last night and sat in my car to see how it looked, and it looked good.

I might as well just turn them on now, since I already had a few cars stop and watch them last night. Decorating for Christmas is my favorite hobby and I can't wait till run these things!!! This the season baby


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3601

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:55 am

That's great to hear.  Nothing feels better than having everything work the way is supposed to after hours of prep & setup. I'll be looking forward to see how it all turned out. vote yes


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:42 am

Here's ours from last year. We'll be adding an item each year, so I'll post a new pic in a few days with what we've added.



Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3700

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:45 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Here's ours from last year. We'll be adding an item each year, so I'll post a new pic in a few days with what we've added.


clap

Get er done Shawn! I would be scared to hang lights from the apex of your roof! That shit looks steep


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3601

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:28 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Here's ours from last year. We'll be adding an item each year, so I'll post a new pic in a few days with what we've added.


clap

Get er done Shawn!  I would be scared to hang lights from the apex of your roof!  That shit looks steep

That's exactly what I thought. laughing   I'm not a fan of heights and have a hard enough time putting lights on the peaks of our single story house.  No 2 story for me!   I'm ok once on the roof, but it's being that high on the ladder or on the edge of the roof like that has my legs feeling funny.


Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6167

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Nice straight light.......Shawn.  Well done


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3700

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:49 pm

All setup and ready to go. Sorry the view was bad. My neighbor parked in front of my house. Still looks good though



Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23763

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:36 pm

Well done Derrick! That is really cool.


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3859

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:54 pm

Derrick, how do the lights work in unison with the music? Is it an auto program, or did you have to program some device every step of the way? Also, is the music playing outside and can be heard by neighbors and passerby's?

Thanks, and well done!

cheers


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3700

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:32 pm

So the music plays through a computer program, or software, you get from Light O Rama.  You then use that to communicate from your computer/laptop, to a light controller box you buy from LOR.  

Also, people can hear the music by tuning to a vacant FM station that broadcasts the sequences sound via a FM transmitter.  

Here is a picture of the normal setup:



Here is what the sequencing software looks like on your PC:



Here is the Light Controller Box:



Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11326

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:38 pm

Holy crap that's in depth. I'm hanging my lights in the next few days. I look like a little man in Christmas tree light comparison.

You are a Christmas light guru Derrick!


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3859

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:08 pm

Holy Smokes Derrick, you are the HHG (Hardcore Holiday Guy).  The Griswaldian One.

I took your info and googled it and found this site ... http://store.lightorama.com/shce.html

Starting reading and going through it. This shit is a major hobby in terms of depth and potential costs. Did not realize the extent one could go with this, wow.

Well Done, man ... and thanks for the reply and info.

thumbsup


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5653

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:03 pm

Impressive work Derrick.  Just starting getting my house ready for the holidays.  It's been a lot more fun this year because my girls finally realize what is going on.  But it's also going a lot slower because they want to play with everything.  We've already had our tree knocked down twice.  But that stopped after we brought out the Elf on the Shelf and read the book to the girls a few times.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23763

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:51 pm

Decorating the tree tonight. Don't get too excited gentlemen. I'm just a guy who puts his pants on one leg at a time.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 11326

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:34 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Decorating the tree tonight.  Don't get too excited gentlemen.  I'm just a guy who puts his pants on one leg at a time.

I actually laughed out loud while reading this. Watching The Grinch with wife and daughter. "I'm just a guy who puts his pants on one leg at a time" laughing


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3859

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:51 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I'm just a guy who puts his pants on one leg at a time.



Colour me impressed ... wink


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3601

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:34 am

Love me some Trans Siberian Orchestra!  Damn Derrick, not only do you need a degree in Engineering to put that together, you also need to be a Composer to get it all in sync with the music.  Love the big tree that lights up.  Did you build those 2 arch looking things with the bright white lights? 

You've got my vote for the winner of Roster Wars House Decorating Contest! bow


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3700

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:41 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Love me some Trans Siberian Orchestra!  Damn Derrick, not only do you need a degree in Engineering to put that together, you also need to be a Composer to get it all in sync with the music.  Love the big tree that lights up.  Did you build those 2 arch looking things with the bright white lights? 

You've got my vote for the winner of Roster Wars House Decorating Contest! bow

Yeah I built those leaping arches. All they are made of is pvc pipe wrapped with lights in 4 different sections. Wasn't too hard and was way, way cheaper than buying one premade.


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3601

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:38 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Love me some Trans Siberian Orchestra!  Damn Derrick, not only do you need a degree in Engineering to put that together, you also need to be a Composer to get it all in sync with the music.  Love the big tree that lights up.  Did you build those 2 arch looking things with the bright white lights? 

You've got my vote for the winner of Roster Wars House Decorating Contest! bow

Yeah I built those leaping arches.   All they are made of is pvc pipe wrapped with lights in 4 different sections.   Wasn't too hard and was way, way cheaper than buying one premade.

Ahh, pvc pipe.  I like that.  I've made small trees from tomato stands that I've turned upside down and wrapped them with lights, but I never though of using pvc to make things. Great idea.  vote yes


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:43 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Here's ours from last year. We'll be adding an item each year, so I'll post a new pic in a few days with what we've added.




The first picture was actually 2 years ago. Last year we added the tree. This year we added icicle lights around the porch. I took the route of hanging them with pvc pipe like videos on YouTube. It should make hanging them very easy from now on. Setting it up took probably 12 hours and I still didn't get it exactly how I want them, but my wife put her foot down and said enough. It should be a pretty good display in about 12 years laughing

ETA: and of course it's sideways.


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3700

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:27 am

Nice job Shawn vote yes

Keep chipping away at it year by year, and pretty soon your house will light up the street!


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   

Back to top Go down
 
Christmas Lights
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: