Share | 

November Posting Numbers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: November Posting Numbers   Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:37 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I used to just browse eBay when I was bored and buy stuff. It's addicting, and it's always fun getting packages delivered. I would buy movies, games, knick-knacks, and drain my bank account when I was in college and directly after.

I have a friend who was struggling with an extreme addiction to xanax. He'd get packages in the mail all the time of shit he ordered when he was blacked out. "It's like Christmas every other week!" At least he was lucid enough to buy things he actually wanted. Some of my sales have to be that way too, because my prices are always pretty high.

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: November Posting Numbers   Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:42 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:
73.6% gross profit margin. That might be slightly skewed, I ran though the numbers pretty quickly-

I have sold some things that I got for free, and other things that I had previously purchased but became useless to me (i.e. bought pumas for my kid through amazon, he wore them twice and scuffed them a bit before deciding that he hated them, so I sold them.)

For those items I just now threw in whatever my profit was as the initial cost of the item, which essentially removed them from the calculation, and I'm at 56%. Pretty good. And really fun.

That's is pretty good profit and worth the time. If I had more time I could see myself doing something like this too vote yes

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: November Posting Numbers   Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:15 pm

Kingdom City Growlers 1 wrote:
Singapore Slings wrote:
73.6% gross profit margin. That might be slightly skewed, I ran though the numbers pretty quickly-

I have sold some things that I got for free, and other things that I had previously purchased but became useless to me (i.e. bought pumas for my kid through amazon, he wore them twice and scuffed them a bit before deciding that he hated them, so I sold them.)

For those items I just now threw in whatever my profit was as the initial cost of the item, which essentially removed them from the calculation, and I'm at 56%. Pretty good. And really fun.

That's is pretty good profit and worth the time. If I had more time I could see myself doing something like this too vote yes

More profitable than I expected. I'd always enjoyed garage sales and thrift stores and thought I'd like to get into flipping, but I never took it seriously because I never found anything thaaat amazing.

Then, almost exactly a year ago, I stopped into the Goodwill for no particular reason and found 5 pairs of Allen Edmonds shoes.
And then I went back and started pulling cashmere sweaters out of the rack.
And then a mint pair of Salvatore Ferragamo sneakers. And two Brooks Brothers suits that literally fit me like a glove- I believe that future rich me left them for poor me to find for inspiration (still got 'em too, and I think I left the tags on...)

Then, I found the thrift stores in the town I work in. All three of them. Game over. Absolutely hooked.

I have a fair bit of clothes for sale, but I've been on the look out for other real vintage things, the 20's-70's, and I have found quite a bit of saleable items, but I just have a lot to do to get it all for sale. Finding it is easy, listing it all is a pain in the ass (and literally right now, I think, "why am I writing a book? I have shit to list." Goddamnit.)

Also, full disclosure, I say "vintage", but that sounds funny when it's shit you had when you were younger, and other things that aren't that old. I suppose I'm just hitting a personal milestone: my childhood is now retro.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: November Posting Numbers   Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:20 pm

Awesome work Tony. Always something I wanted to get into but had neither the drive nor the time. Hope you keep killing it!

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: November Posting Numbers   Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:59 pm

Oh and no big whoop, but DTO will be passing CCS for #10 on the Posting Board shortly. Think Chris is maybe 50 posts away so then he'll be on the Top 10 list in place of CCS.

worship2

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: November Posting Numbers   Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:53 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Oh and no big whoop, but DTO will be passing CCS for #10 on the Posting Board shortly.  Think Chris is maybe 50 posts away so then he'll be on the Top 10 list in place of CCS.

worship2

That is rare territory cheers

Keep posting Chris announce

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November Posting Numbers   

Back to top Go down

November Posting Numbers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-