x

Share | 

Announcement

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:47 pm

The Cybertron Screamers are done. Allen will be paid at years end like everyone else and any payouts stemming from the Screamers will go to him along with his account balance ($20).

The good news is that a new owner can step right in and start working on their new team.

The bad news is, the first person on the official waitlist has lost their spot. The Winsted Psychos have not visited this forum since Halloween and that is unacceptable. If/when Shawn appears again, him and I will be having a conversation. Presently, he has been moved to the back of the waitlist line.

So....

Please join me in welcoming our newest owner Nick. Nick will be interim coach of the Screamers to close out 2015 and then on January 1st the Titletown Tyrants will become officially a franchise in Roster Wars. Nick has been very enthuastic about joining this club since he discovered us and I for one am very confident that we finally found a great fit for the second franchise. We only had to burn through 3 pretenders to find him.

Welcome Nick!!!

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:49 pm

CONGRATS NICK!

It is a good thing you get to start off in the lesser conference to cut your teeth.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:50 pm

Oh, as for the reason that Allen will be paid whatever comes to the Screamers as opposed to winnings going to the progressive pot like we have done in the past is that Allen did not abandon his team. He was removed for reasons deemed detrimental to the club and was given the choice of running shit or going now and letting me get a new owner in the door.

Allen decided it would be easier to step out now in the hopes of one day proving himself worthy and rejoining us. I wish him luck.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:52 pm

Fucking-A! Congratulations on your franchise, Nick! party

First order of business...trade talks with the Beatniks!

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:52 pm

Congrats Nick.

Weird about the pyschos... dude was posting like 18k posts a week and then he's not even around? Hope all is okay with him.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:53 pm

Is he leaving in good standing even if he did not pay his last fine? If this is the wrong place for this let me know.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:55 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Is he leaving in good standing even if he did not pay his last fine?  If this is the wrong place for this let me know.

I don't think the phrase "in good standing" can apply regardless of fines being paid or not given the circumstances. But from what I saw, Andy removed him in lieu of a fine.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:58 pm

I will have Nick setup tomorrow so don't go trade happy at the Screamers just yet folks. Work and family today...

@Dave...he is not leaving in good standing. He was removed. He was never actually fined for this last offense because as I told him I felt it was unfair to fine him when I knew he was not going to be allowed back in 2016. I am not interested in stealing anyones money. His insurance money will not be returned because he did not meet the requirements for that.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:59 pm

Congrats Nick. Sorry to hear about Psychos. I guess he didn't get the memo that this is a marathon not a sprint...

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:03 pm

Congrats Nick! Kick some ass in the big leagues!

But watch out for Sty -- that team will be unbeatable once it gets back on track.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:04 pm

Sorry for the confusion. I read the part about him trying to return and was a little baffled by that combined with no paying that fine. Do not mind me, I will go mumble in the corner....

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:05 pm

Hopefully all is well with Winsted. Wasn't he talking about going overseas to work on a fishing boat or something?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:06 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Congrats Nick!  Kick some ass in the big leagues!

But watch out for Sty -- that team will be unbeatable once it gets back on track.

:goodposting:

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:07 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Sorry for the confusion.  I read the part about him trying to return and was a little baffled by that combined with no paying that fine.  Do not mind me,  I will go mumble in the corner....

haha.

Allen didn't put up a stink but he apparently felt like he was doing alright...facts didn't side with him but he wants to be here and hopes to one day prove he is worthy. Maybe he just had a bad year but I could name numerous things I would have done differently had I been in his shoes...I think.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:09 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Hopefully all is well with Winsted.  Wasn't he talking about going overseas to work on a fishing boat or something?

Shawn could be doing anything but I would wager he is still in Georgia, still driving that fancy new car and still playing FF somewhere. He's a good dude but I think he ebbs and flows a bit much for this league...but I won't remove him from the list at this time and hopefully him and I get to have a conversation about all that.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:22 pm

Congratulations Nick!! I am honestly a little surprised Andy hasn't booted my ass yet, then you could have inherited a bomb squad that pisses Mike off. Anyways, Good Luck and welcome to the fam.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:23 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Sorry for the confusion.  I read the part about him trying to return and was a little baffled by that combined with no paying that fine.  Do not mind me,  I will go mumble in the corner....

It was a good question, no need to apologize!

As for Allen... meh. He was never around enough for it to really matter.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:24 pm

California Nightmare wrote:
Congratulations Nick!! I am honestly a little surprised Andy hasn't booted my ass yet, then you could have inherited a bomb squad that pisses Mike off. Anyways, Good Luck and welcome to the fam.

cheers

He just fired a warning shot! Get your ass back to Roster Wars! Cool

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:26 pm

Trust me...it felt like buckshot in my ass.

vote yes

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:56 pm

Welcome, welcome!
The first RW dynasty owner to come in via RWTC

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:22 pm

If the Screamers get pink does Nick start out his RW season in Pink?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:23 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
If the Screamers get pink does Nick start out his RW season in Pink?

LOL

That'd be all kinds of awesome! Of course, I think we're all rooting for a Bob redux. Bob, I'm kidding. :)

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:25 pm

Yeah wait a minute. Am I going to be pink with having no control over it?

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:26 pm

Congrats Nick! Strange how it is some of the same teams that have repeated turnover. Hope you turn the trend around!

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:30 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

No control? You have several weeks mock

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:38 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

No control? You have several weeks mock

+1
mock ROFL

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:25 pm

Welcome Nick! I'm glad to see the spot filled with an active owner. I hope you don't disappear. And beat them pesky Dragons!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:53 pm

Welcome Nick and glad you made it to Roster Wars!!

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:44 am

Welcome Nick! I'm sorry you inherited the shit storm know as the Screamers lol

At least you're looking at a very high draft pick! hehe

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:09 am

Welcome to the show! We won't be facing off any time soon, so best of luck to you!

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:32 am

Let me offer some advice as one of the owners who has seen (it feels like) 29 owners go in and out of the DD - resist the urge to trade any big name players for at least a month. They are never good deals.

The green/yellow fish guy traded JJ Watt for Jeremy Hill and like and 4th or something.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:46 am

New England Nineties wrote:
Let me offer some advice as one of the owners who has seen (it feels like) 29 owners go in and out of the DD - resist the urge to trade any big name players for at least a month. They are never good deals.

The green/yellow fish guy traded JJ Watt for Jeremy Hill and like and 4th or something.

Damn that's not good. Hill did look like a stud at the time, but man. Andy, how could you do that? You wouldn't do that to ME would you? laughing

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:21 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Damn that's not good. Hill did look like a stud at the time, but man. Andy, how could you do that? You wouldn't do that to ME would you?  laughing

To be fair to the Muskies, he did trade JJ Watt AND Jimmy Graham for Jeremy Hill. It wasn't just Watt. geez you guys.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:56 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Damn that's not good. Hill did look like a stud at the time, but man. Andy, how could you do that? You wouldn't do that to ME would you?  laughing

To be fair to the Muskies, he did trade JJ Watt AND Jimmy Graham for Jeremy Hill.   It wasn't just Watt.  geez you guys.  

Well if you put it THAT way....

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:42 am

Who needs those guys, I just leveled the playing field to be fair to you guys, and I did get two 1st rd picks and I knew Graham would get traded and suck shit. I didn't however think Hill would suck shit. I'll be honest seeing that last Chandler Jones deal, I probably could have gotten ten 1st rd picks for Watts. I think that's the worst trade since the Watts deal IMO

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:29 am

Welcome Nick!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:42 am

For fucks sakes....As hard as I try I always forget something....

When I made the announcement I fully intended to include the following (and this will be addd the bylaws this offseason once I figure out proper verbage)

With the Screamers franchise not returning, they are removed from the race for/from PINK. The other 23 franchises are still competing in this regard.

Along with figuring out bylaw verbage for this shit, I need to come up with a plan for if AFTER earning PINK some pussy quits or whatever. Roster Wars should have a pink owner every year but clearly that aspect needs to be pondered.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:45 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
 Roster Wars should have a pink owner every year but clearly that aspect needs to be pondered.

Eternals as the pink proxy...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:48 am

Splitting hairs, but in that scenario I think we should roll pinkless. A team could fight their ass off doing everything they can to avoid pink. Say they succeed. Then someone quits and they are stuck regardless. Not cool man, not cool.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:54 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Splitting hairs, but in that scenario I think we should roll pinkless. A team could fight their ass off doing everything they can to avoid pink. Say they succeed. Then someone quits and they are stuck regardless. Not cool man, not cool.

I know. That's where I am at too. I just want to think about it.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:00 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

I know.  That's where I am at too.  I just want to think about it.

This happened the first year. Larry left so James was interim pink for a short while. Never felt right though since he wasn't REALLY last.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:06 am

Yeah and we have a PINK HALL OF SHAME so I guess if the pussy that earns it quits it still lives on there but boy is that a bummer for an entire year. shrug

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:33 pm

Welcome Nick. Glad this will be a smooth transition.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:46 pm

Congrats Nick!  Hopefully you will do better than in the RWTC... wink  Had to go there.  You will make a great addition to a fantastic group.  Best of luck!! party4

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:29 pm

I would not be happy if we didn't have a Pink. Make the 23rd out of 23 team pink IMO.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:37 pm

I would not be happy if we didn't have a Pink. Make the 23rd out of 23 team pink IMO.
agree

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:39 pm

Hoping it falls naturally to one of the 23.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:44 pm

Having the not last place team in pink is lame IMO. And what happens if 2 or more skip out? We will have the 21st or 22nd team in pink?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:45 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Having the not last place team in pink is lame IMO. And what happens if 2 or more skip out? We will have the 21st or 22nd team in pink?
You got a better idea twinkle toes?

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:47 pm

We could just have a league vote about who should be pink?

mischieveous

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Announcement   

Back to top Go down

Announcement
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: