Password:
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Way Too Early Look at Season Long Scoring Records

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Way Too Early Look at Season Long Scoring Records   Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:13 pm

It seems through 3 weeks ( a quarter of the season) that EVERY record is on pace to be broken.... So it must be way to early to look at this.  But oh well I am anyway.  

I think the last column is the most telling.  Through 25% of the season and what percent of the record have you already scored.  The thing that truly sticks out to me is A Donald.  He has already scored almost 42% of the season record.  He just needs to average 13.67 points a game to beat the record.  That is a whopping 15.67 points less per week than what he has done so far.  Jones is right on his heals too.

Again, I know this is way too early, but it was fun none the less.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Early Look at Season Long Scoring Records   Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:37 pm

Thanks for sharing dude...not something I would have looked at on my own but that is pretty wild. I am so dumb that for a minute I thought it was James Jones and was thinking there is no way he can maintain it all year and then I realized it was JULIO. laughing

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Early Look at Season Long Scoring Records   Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:57 pm

Awesome.

So basically, those top guys have the odds stacked against them that they can continue at their current pace?

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Early Look at Season Long Scoring Records   Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:00 pm

It's kind of screwed up thinking, but I look at a WR like Julio (for example) and say 'ok, he's gonna have 10 TDs this season. Shit! He's already burned 4 so I'm dealing with 6 for the next 12 games.'

But there is truth to that thinking kinda, right?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Early Look at Season Long Scoring Records   Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:01 pm

plus there are bye weeks....

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Early Look at Season Long Scoring Records   Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:15 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
It's kind of screwed up thinking, but I look at a WR like Julio (for example) and say 'ok, he's gonna have 10 TDs this season. Shit!  He's already burned 4 so I'm dealing with 6 for the next 12 games.'

But there is truth to that thinking kinda, right?

Not really, no. It just means your original prediction is looking wrong.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Early Look at Season Long Scoring Records   Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:00 am

Thanks for sharing this. I always enjoy looking at stats and historical comparisons. I would normally not be surprised to see any 3 game stretch have a higher scoring average but it is surprising to see it at every position by at least two ppg and by a much larger margin at certain positions. Add in the fact that other players who aren't in the lead now may be so at the end of the year and it looks like a few records may be in jeopardy.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Early Look at Season Long Scoring Records   Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:20 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
plus there are bye weeks....

OK, I fucked up. I said the record points per game was out of 12 games and also that each player had 9 games left. The record is out of 11 games and each player has 8 games left. So here is the new chart -

It seems the only position not on track is RB. DT and WR seem to still be way over the pace.

Back to top Go down
Melbourne Maulers

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Early Look at Season Long Scoring Records   Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:49 am

Very glad I was able to draft Watt and Donald....nice boost to the defense each week.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Early Look at Season Long Scoring Records   Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:47 am

Hard to know what to make of this but it's interesting, thanks Brad

On the subject of unsustainable things, if I'm correct the single season record is 340 pts/wk which would mean both Matt and I are on track to break it...

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Early Look at Season Long Scoring Records   Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:36 am

Gronk and Honey Badger...Go Muskies!!!

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Early Look at Season Long Scoring Records   Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:58 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:

On the subject of unsustainable things, if I'm correct the single season record is 340 pts/wk which would mean both Matt and I are on track to break it...

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Early Look at Season Long Scoring Records   Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:18 pm

I dunno Trevor, you put all the hard work in and people call you by the wrong name...

doh

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Early Look at Season Long Scoring Records   Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:37 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:

No problem!!! Glad to help.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Early Look at Season Long Scoring Records   Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:13 pm

Donald is a monster. He is really compact an really explosive. I really can't see him slowing down. This was a really good thread. Very interesting to see.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Early Look at Season Long Scoring Records   Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:03 pm

Humble apologies Dave. If only your name was like on your posts or thread titles or something....

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Early Look at Season Long Scoring Records   Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:11 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Humble apologies Dave. If only your name was like on your posts or thread titles or something....

rofl

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Way Too Early Look at Season Long Scoring Records   

Back to top Go down

Way Too Early Look at Season Long Scoring Records
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: