View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:43 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
And the EMPIRE is on the board!

Justin Blackmon - $37

Some day I will tell my grandchildren about Justin Blackmon being the first player I ever won in a fantasy auction and how much I blame Blaine Gabbert for making it a horrible acquisition.

LOL. Just wait til he goes for $137 over here...that will make you feel much better.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:46 pm

37 is good value for Blackmon.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:53 pm

$137 is not....

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:15 pm

The Empire has to hope that Gabbert is sooo terrible that Jacksonville changes QB's mid-season to take full advantage of Blackmon's skill set.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:37 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
And the EMPIRE is on the board!

Justin Blackmon - $37

Some day I will tell my grandchildren about Justin Blackmon being the first player I ever won in a fantasy auction

Thats a depressing story to tell your grandchildren vote no

no

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 7:58 am

Ok, so here I come with some egg on my face...

---------- 5/1/2012 2:25:31 AM ---------- 'Andrew'

Kevin, thanks.

What I need to know now is if the system recognizes what we are doing.

There is no set roster size. One team can draft 40 players while another can draft 54

What is messing guys up is the warning on the auction page that says "In order to have enough money to completely fill your roster, you may bid no more than $???.00 on any one player."

It appears to be based on the max roster size of 80...but I don't want it to earmark 40 dollars for 40 players if an owner only wants to bid on 40 players total.

Hope this makes sense. Would love to put the arguments to rest.

--- Reply ---

Andrew:

Right now, on the Setup > Auction Setup > General Auction Setup page, you've got the "Should owners be forced to have a full roster at the end of the auction?" option set to "yes", which will force all owners to have 80 players on their roster at the end of the auction. It sounds like you might want to change that setting to "no".

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Thanks,
Kevin

I have made this change to the setting. Sorry for the error.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 8:19 am

I suspect this means we need to be extra careful ourselves to end up with 40 guys as the system might not force this...

We should right an auction handbook for MFL to send people!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 8:53 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
I suspect this means we need to be extra careful ourselves to end up with 40 guys as the system might not force this...

We should right an auction handbook for MFL to send people!

I agree. I sure hope after all the mentions of it that folks at least can be aware enough to see that the 40 player minimum is met.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 8:55 am

Wow... Degenerates is currently booked for $912 on 8 players.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 8:59 am

And Killers is the only one with no players. Waiting all of those high rollers out huh?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 9:13 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
And Killers is the only one with no players. Waiting all of those high rollers out huh?

I can't really see over there...has he been bidding or anything? I just want to make sure in all the commotion nobody is missing.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 9:13 am

Yes he has been bidding. Ran me up on a few guys now Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 9:14 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

I can't really see over there...has he been bidding or anything? I just want to make sure in all the commotion nobody is missing.

And even if you can't see exactly what's going on you can see the transaction report to see who has been doing what. I watch everything that posts on it.

http://football30.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=77011&O=03&TYPE=*&FRANCHISE=0000&DAYS=30

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 9:15 am

He's leading a couple of players right now. You can view transactions to see that he's been active.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 9:21 am

He is going to gobble up all of our midlevel talent.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 9:22 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
He is going to gobble up all of our midlevel talent.

I heard it tastes like chicken.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 9:26 am

LOL. thanks for confirmation. I know I can go find out but I didnt wanna unless someone said there was a problem.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 10:10 am

and lucky me he is in my division. He will have some nice studs to start, now just curious to see where he goes from here

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 11:01 am

You'd think that MFL could get it right when limiting to 35 auctions... it's a client side rule instead of server side... so you can open up as many auctions as you want. bleh

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 12:39 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:

and lucky me he is in my division. He will have some nice studs to start, now just curious to see where he goes from here

down the hill...

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 7:30 pm

Let's blow this sucker wide open.....bump it to 50 players at a time!!!!!!! Don't be scared.. I think with the 24 hour clock it will be easy to keep a grasp on everyone out there

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 7:38 pm

I would support that. Nominating players is a little ridiculous right now. I just sat on the MFL site waiting for three auctions to expire - when they did I found that I couldn't nominate anyone because it turns out we were at 37-38 open auctions for some reason. Then I come back after the true 35th auction expires, and of course someone else opens one up within 5 seconds.

Given that we can't properly control the actual maximum number of auctions I wouldn't mind opening this thing up some.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 7:40 pm

This probably falls under the category of no changes

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 7:43 pm

There already are changes. The maximum is supposed to be 35 auctions at a time - we're consistently over that number. We also found out (or at least some/most of us did) after the auction started that we had to draft at least 40 players.

We're not talking about changing the league to non-PPR - just moving the draft along some.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 7:44 pm

It was said at one time early in March discussions, ,I believe, that if needed the auction number could be bumped up.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Wow. What the hell are the Degenerates doing?

Did he get caught gambling (which would be ironic given his team name) or is this his strategy?

When we say that we have to have a minimum 40 players, have we thought about what happens if you don't finish with 40 players? Do you get fined? Forced to cut players or something? It's not enough to just say you have to have 40 players in an auction like this because people can unwittingly end up with less if they're not careful. What is the remedy for a team not finishing with 40 players?

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 7:49 pm

The owners here are so involved that I don't think a bump in auctions on the board would be a problem. Maybe, if we had owners that did not really pay attention, but here you have elite owners who are hovering all the time......nice feeling

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 8:18 pm

What is the reasoning to bump up the amount of players to 50? To speed the draft up? It's May 1st. No reason to speed the draft up.

Secondly, even with it at 50, there will then be 50-52 open auctions and the same people that get to nominate all the players now will get to nominate the same percentage of players if you open it to 50, so it serves no purpose.

The right thing to do is place a max of nominations at 3 at a time. Period. It isn't fair that Jersey (for example) has probably nominated 30 players on his own thusfar, when there are teams (me and I'm sure others) that have only nominated 2. I can't sit on my PC waiting for auctions to end to nominate players. And every time I'm able and willing, we are at a max and I'm not allowed.

I've mentioned this proposal twice before, so I assume if it was wanted it would have already been enacted. But I still contend that every team should have a max of 3 players to be nominated at any given time (minimum of 1). Therefore, there would be 36 players to bid on at all practically all times, which each team able to use their own strategies as to who to call out and when. I am seemingly never able to call out any players so that practically removes most, if not all, of those strategies for teams that can't call out players.

Additionally, I would also propose that since we need 40 man rosters at the draft, we set the league to a 40 man roster. After the draft then expand it to 80 moving forward. This would make sure there are no problems with people keep count of their funds. While it seems easy, I promise you, there will be a team that makes a mistake and good luck cleaning that mess up.

Bottom line is that this auction has big flaws and thankfully we won't have to do this again.

Last edited by Chicago Crime Syndicate on Tue May 01, 2012 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 8:20 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Wow. What the hell are the Degenerates doing?

Did he get caught gambling (which would be ironic given his team name) or is this his strategy?

When we say that we have to have a minimum 40 players, have we thought about what happens if you don't finish with 40 players? Do you get fined? Forced to cut players or something? It's not enough to just say you have to have 40 players in an auction like this because people can unwittingly end up with less if they're not careful. What is the remedy for a team not finishing with 40 players?

All he needs is to make sure to leave enough dollars to get to 40, so if he has 9, he still will be fine with 31 dollars. Its his strategy lets see how it works out. Its a long term league and we all have our plans, I give him the benefit of doubt.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 8:22 pm

I don't see flaws really ...everyone will come up to bid at some point. Just would like more players thats all

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 8:22 pm

Not going to bump the auctions up at this time. I would be willing to when we are literally down to everyone is just grabbing low dollar guys but to do it now would change the way owners can control their dollars, the pace and stuff like that. To open it now could hurt some teams and benefit others.

I have said it enough times about the 40 players minimum...we discussed it and decided on it some time ago...if someone here can't handle that, a fine will be in order. This isn't a daycare.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 8:27 pm

Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
I don't see flaws really ...everyone will come up to bid at some point. Just would like more players thats all

There are inherent strategies in auction drafts. The fact that there are unlimited number of call outs and that teams can have essentially an infinite number of roster spots- that allows teams to stay in the auction, without actually doing anything- removes 100% of those strategies. cheers
Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 8:31 pm

How? when the big money is gone its gone

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 8:31 pm

Not going to bump the auctions up at this time. I would be willing to when we are literally down to everyone is just grabbing low dollar guys but to do it now would change the way owners can control their dollars, the pace and stuff like that. To open it now could hurt some teams and benefit others.

This is something that I would like to talk about. Once several teams get down to only have like $14 for 14 players, it becomes a race to call out a player first so another team can't bid on him. If something isn't done about the max number of players a team can call out, again, there is a distinct advantage to those that can just sit on the PC at work/home and call out a million players. I really really really really really think there needs to be a max number of players a team can have nominated. Don't you?

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
How? when the big money is gone its gone

I'd be willing to talk about it after the auction is over, but I don't want to give away auction strategies while the auction is going on (even though they aren't going to work in this draft). But there is a ton of strategy in auction drafts.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 8:36 pm

If we get that close to the end, and we just make it unlimited auctions, then it should be fine since everyone could nominate whomever they want and those with the funds to outbid can do so. Don't you agree?

But as long as multiple parties have enough funds to be bidding actively then we should stick to our system so they aren't punished for doing what the are doing now.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 8:37 pm

True, there are a million. My first auction was 9 years ago, with 1-3 per year since. I see a couple of strategies in here, where people are in trouble..

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 8:38 pm

and others that, to me, are just bogus BS that people have read in a "how to do an auction draft" article

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 8:43 pm

If we get that close to the end, and we just make it unlimited auctions, then it should be fine since everyone could nominate whomever they want and those with the funds to outbid can do so. Don't you agree?

With all due respect, I don't agree. It still benefits those that get there first. And since there are unlimited amount of players available to be nominated, the person that can get there first can nominate all the players they want and get them.

Take this example: There are 8 teams left in the auction each with a $1 max. You open it up to unlimited nominations. The team that can sit on the PC and nominate first, gets all their players. It becomes luck as to who can get there first. However, if there was a max of 3 nominations, they would still get there first, but they would only be able to select 3 players. There would then be a 24 hour buffer before they could nominate again.

And quite frankly, if you wanted to move along the draft, you shouldn't just increase the amount of player nominations or the max number of players on the board. Instead, you should decrease the amount of time the auction for each player lasts. So instead of 24 hours, decrease it to 18 hours. Then 12 hours etc...

The goal is to have things move along smoothly giving each team an equal opportunity.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 8:55 pm

[quote="Chicago Crime Syndicate"]

Take this example: There are 8 teams left in the auction each with a $1 max. You open it up to unlimited nominations. The team that can sit on the PC and nominate first, gets all their players.

This is the point I tried to make yesterday (even tho I will be the one sitting at my PC)- but I feel I have had my opinion heard and will not keep beating my drum.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 9:00 pm

Alright, so once are down low, you propose a 12 hour clock and 3 nominations per owner at a time? This will allow everyone a chance as you say while still allowing owners wih more than minimal money to do as they see fit. Correct?

How is the 3 nominations per owner gonna be policed effectively?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Don't we have a couple cops around here somewhere?? police

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 9:24 pm

how are the two cops gonna stop it? I mean not to pick on anyone but we had a guy that put 5 guys out there to start off the auction when Andy and others mnetioned it so many times that 3 is the initial number, not to mention its in the bylaws...

What I am trying to say is that no matter how hard the two cops or anyone tries if someone is not paying attention we cant stop them. Also both cops are same conference HAHA

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 10:00 pm

I have said it enough times about the 40 players minimum...we discussed it and decided on it some time ago...if someone here can't handle that, a fine will be in order. This isn't a daycare.

Well, it may have been discussed and decided some time ago, but it was just made known to everyone very recently. But that's not really the point. My post was not complaining about the 40 player minimum - I really don't care about that. I mean what if Degenerates or someone else just spends their $ on 30 players? What is the remedy? Do you fine them (not sure if that's what you meant) and let them have 30 players? Or is there some way where we make them go to 40 players?

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 10:02 pm

As for the auction, I'm not crazy about how it's going, what with people clearly sitting at their computer 24/7 F5ing it, but I don't have a problem with the league decidind that making changes at this point is not the best way to go.

I will simply wait. An plan my vengeance.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 10:03 pm

Alright, so once are down low, you propose a 12 hour clock and 3 nominations per owner at a time?
This will allow everyone a chance as you say while still allowing owners with more than minimal money to do as they see fit. Correct?

Why wait? Implement it immediately. The same principle applies whether or not you have money or no money. There is strategy if you have money and when you are low in money. There is no reason to wait, especially because teams will start to run low at different times. Implement it starting tomorrow (Wednesday at midnight). This will give every team 24 hours to read it, understand it and comply (read on).

Quote :

Very easily. Usually the NFL site has a bulletin board, but because our MFL league doesn't use their message board, the bulletin board option is not there. So we can do it the following way:

1) On this site, in the OWNERS BOX, create a section called NOMINATIONS. In there, each team will have their own thread.
2) After a team nominates a player, they MUST go IMMEDIATELY to their team nomination thread and write which player(s) are nominated.
3) Teams can have up to 3. THAT team is responsible for tracking their nominated players.
4) Once a player is won, the team that nominated said player, goes back to the board and writes either "DONE" or "WON" next to the players name.
5) Now that team can call out a new player.
6) If a team has more than 3 players out at the same time, that team incurs a $20 penalty.
7) If a team goes 24 hours without having any player called out, their draft is over as long as they have 40 players on their roster. If they don't have 40 players on their roster, then the commish goes to the NFL team website that that owner said was their favorite (in their bio) and nominates IN ALPHABETICAL order the first player on the list at $1. If the player sucks, then they suck.

The added benefit of this rule is that teams can't wait at the end of the draft and do nothing for days, waiting to see if they want to add any more players. Because they will have 24 hours to nominate a new player, they are forced to decide either (a) they are done drafting or (b) they need to nominate a player to continue. It's pretty much like they have to "pay to play".

-----
I don't want to step on any toes nor come across as a no-it-all in this circumstance. I really don't. But this is the best way to make things equal for each team, provide order to the draft (because lets face it, right now it is FCFS chaos, and a legit way to tell if a team is done drafting. Because right now there is no structure for a few of those things. I think structure is needed.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 10:05 pm

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:
Once several teams get down to only have like $14 for 14 players, it becomes a race to call out a player first so another team can't bid on him.

I can actually see a valid point here. I am 100% against doing more than 35 players at a time until the later part of the auction. Andy has stated that we will talk about doing this when the time comes near. I think we should start these discussions now. I think the best way is to make a cut off at X amount of total auction dollars left.

Maybe we go to unlimited once there are 100 auction dollars to spend. Maybe 200?

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 10:08 pm

Bottom line is that this auction has big flaws and thankfully we won't have to do this again.

This one I don't care too much for though. I'm having a blast with the auction.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 10:08 pm

So for example. Let's say I call out Matt Forte, Andre Johnson and Patrick Willis. I call them out on the auction. I will then come to my teams nomination thread and post:

1) Matt Forte
2) Andre Johnson
3) Patrick Willis

When Matt Forte gets won by a team I will then call out another player (Tom Brady) and edit my post to look like:

1) Matt Forte- won
2) Andre Johnson
3) Patrick Willis
4) Tom Brady

When Andre Johnson and Willis get won I can edit again, call out another 2 players if I wish and then just keept editing my post:

1) Matt Forte- won
2) Andre Johnson- won
3) Patrick Willis- won
4) Tom Brady
5) Michael Turner

Everything is neat and organized.

And the league can police itself. If someone sees a team with more than 1 player out or if 24 hours has elapsed without a team calling out a player, just make a post on this site and Andy will look into it.

Easy peasy.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue May 01, 2012 10:09 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
Once several teams get down to only have like $14 for 14 players, it becomes a race to call out a player first so another team can't bid on him.

I can actually see a valid point here. I am 100% against doing more than 35 players at a time until the later part of the auction. Andy has stated that we will talk about doing this when the time comes near. I think we should start these discussions now. I think the best way is to make a cut off at X amount of total auction dollars left.

Maybe we go to unlimited once there are 100 auction dollars to spend. Maybe 200?
I like this compromise, do it when there is 200 auction dollars left between all teams...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   

Back to top Go down

The Draft
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: