Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:44 pm

i saw that too. strange

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:01 pm

no idea...Just went and looked while logged in and it says 22 days for me too Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:16 pm

reaction Shady I cant live without you! curse scream

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:16 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
no idea...Just went and looked while logged in and it says 22 days for me too Crying or Very sad

Try clicking on the HOME tab on the bottom left of the screen. Then go check activity to see if it has updated.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:55 pm

God I love drafting!

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:38 pm

So we go all out now?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:51 am

San Diego Killers wrote:
So we go all out now?

yes, 35 auctions at a time so FCFS as far as nominations go...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:04 am

DD now has 36 live players. When Newton ended, Stylianos and I opened different guys exactly 1 second apart which explains it.

No problem as long as no-one else opens a guy when Kuechly ends in about 30 minutes.

smile2

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:09 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
San Diego Killers wrote:
So we go all out now?

yes, 35 auctions at a time so FCFS as far as nominations go...

Been thinking about this Andy - doesn't their come a time when FCFS ceases to be a great idea - at least for all the slots.
I agree the FCFS works fine while most ppl have $ to spend since they don't really lose out by not being able to nominate.

Since a large portion of the players will be $1 or $2 guys this negates the "slow" element of the auction since once a guy is on the board basically he will hardly ever be able to be outbid. Once you reach this stage you turn it into a keyboard race to see who can nominate players at each expiring auction - a big issue for those who can't be on 24/7...

Maybe we consider moving to a 12 + 23 situation at some point where most people have a $2 average left. i.e. everybody has 1 nomination slot and get to fill it everytime their player goes off the board. The other 23 remain FCFS
This means we don't need to track nominations till much later but avoid the issue above for the 2nd half

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:26 am

I think it's working perfectly the way it is. Even if you're not at a computer 24/7 you can see when an auction will be ending (They end throughout the day all day) and can make sure you're around for one of them eventually.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:30 am

I am not talking about now Justin I am referring to when it essentially becomes a draft. "Eventually" is not a particularly fair way to do it imo

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:31 am

I hear what Ian is saying. Basically, when we get down toward the end and auctions are essentially where you get whoever you nominate, it probably would be a good idea to make it unlimited.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:34 am

Unlimited or allocate nominations to teams - I like the latter better but see the option

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:55 am

To back up my case I have noticed that in at both opportunities this morning I have nominated someone at the exact same time as someone else pushing us to 36 nominations temporarily until another comes off the board and we go back to 35 (at which point you have to wait for another auction to end before nominating opens). So the keyboard war is already underway...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:06 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
So the keyboard war is already underway...

cheers

Welcome to Roster Wars!

Evil laugh

:devil:

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:23 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
To back up my case I have noticed that in at both opportunities this morning I have nominated someone at the exact same time as someone else pushing us to 36 nominations temporarily until another comes off the board and we go back to 35 (at which point you have to wait for another auction to end before nominating opens). So the keyboard war is already underway...

We all knew it would be a keyboard war anyway so nothing new here. Its working as it is intended. Also I hate changing the rules mid point.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:29 am

Trent Richardson goes for $95 in one conference and in the other is at $148 with 9 hrs to go

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:30 am

It's all relative though James. You're mid level players will be far cheaper than ours I'm sure.

Unless of course you had some well restrained patient owners who can afford to scoop up some great value mid round Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:31 am

Do you have to manually count the auctions or is there some place that shows how many are going?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:32 am

It won't allow more than 35 (unless two guys start a new auction at the same time) but if you want to actually count them you do it manually haha.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:33 am

I think you have to manually count them. But if there is less then 35 it will let you submit/nominate a new player

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:34 am

Ok Justin is really fast at typing, I thought I just barely read Larry's question and responded and Justin already answered him. Now that is a Sniper

Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:36 am

Thanks to both for answering my question.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:38 am

Utah Spazz wrote:
Ok Justin is really fast at typing, I thought I just barely read Larry's question and responded and Justin already answered him. Now that is a Sniper

LOL! I'm not bad at nominations either.

won Richardson, Trent CLE RB for $95.00 Mon Apr 30 10:25:23 a.m. CT 2012
bid $1.00 on Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR Mon Apr 30 10:25:38 a.m. CT 2012

won Cruz, Victor NYG WR for $80.00 Mon Apr 30 9:51:00 a.m. CT 2012
bid $1.00 on Vick, Michael PHI QB Mon Apr 30 9:51:17 a.m. CT 2012

won Rice, Ray BAL RB for $129.00 Mon Apr 30 7:17:10 a.m. CT 2012
bid $1.00 on Brady, Tom NEP QB Mon Apr 30 7:17:23 a.m. CT 2012

13 seconds was the quickest with 17 seconds the slowest Laughing

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:40 am

Florida Chaetomorpha wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:

We all knew it would be a keyboard war anyway so nothing new here. Its working as it is intended. Also I hate changing the rules mid point.

Everyone seems to say its working as intended - the issue is not now its when you can't outbid anyone. If we are trying to use a balanced format to get many competitive teams I'm not sure why we want the 2nd half of the auction to devolve into a hot mess!

i.e. Where every couple of hours you have to have a split second war to nominate someone and then sit back and watch the clock tick down with nothing to do since you can't outbid people in most cases - guys who aren't able to log on every few hours will get stuck with really bad bottom half of rosters...
Aside from the fact that its random to do that, if we expect people to log on every few hours to properly participate why do we have a 24 hour clock...

I say this as someone who is able to be online a lot.

I don't want to sound like a jerk on this I'm just trying to look out for what's best for the league and will drop it if its clear I'm in a small minority on this one

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:44 am

I've been in quite a few auctions and at the end of Auctions, when teams are only filling out their rosters with $1/$2 bids, it would stink if you never get to nominate someone or increase the bid (since no one could -- remember, at this point in the auction, we are all just filling out our teams) just becasue someone else got their picks in 2 minutes before you.

I'm with Ian. At the end of this bad boy, we should either have a nomination snake situation or increase the # of auctions on the block

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:47 am

Again to some of us this was part of the strategy. I knew when I got into this league that if I was fast enough I could bring out the players that would flow best for my benefit (so far that hasnt happened as RL gets in the way).
So bottom line what I am trying to convey to you is this is not something new, we all should have known about this as it is right there in the bylaws. I think its working great, and if someone cant get to the keyboard fast enough then they have to bid on players that others bring out.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:50 am

We could also say if you win an auction you get to nominate the next player. It is fun to let everyone have a chance to nominate players, it can help with whatever draft strategy you are shooting for. I am not sure how we decide when someone gets to nominate a player or doesn't. I think we are all giddy to start this auction and things will start to slow down and smooth over in due time.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:51 am

Again to some of us this was part of the strategy. I knew when I got into this league that if I was fast enough I could bring out the players that would flow best for my benefit (so far that hasnt happened as RL gets in the way).
So bottom line what I am trying to convey to you is this is not something new, we all should have known about this as it is right there in the bylaws. I think its working great, and if someone cant get to the keyboard fast enough then they have to bid on players that others bring out.

Which by definition they can't do at the part of the auction (likely a significant portion) that we are talking about...

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:57 am

I think everyone likes it at this point in the auction... I think what Ian and I are saying is that at the END of the auction, you can't do that.. you can't really bid on others b/c everyone is just getting who they nominate at the end of auctions.

Oh well, we'll see how it goes. Maybe without a minimum/max amount of players you have to have on your roster, this will be a moot point (I doubt it, but we'll see).

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:00 am

At the end if things are dragging I am sure Andy will come up with something that we all can agree upon. I am new to this auction drafting so get scared when people talk about changing rules that have been in place, but I am open to it if we all can agree on it later stages...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:02 am

good post

Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:03 am

What is the big deal on getting to put players up? When the draft slows down you will be able to put the players you want up. If some one else puts the players that you want up then you go bid on them. The auctions have been going over 24 hours. Calm down and see how it works out. We have a long way to go

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

For reference in a typical auction as much as 40-50% of players will go for $1 or $2...

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

Can't get into the auction because my firewall blocks in on my laptop. I could log in on my phone but can't remember the password. hairout Was there a password set for all of us?

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:04 am

New Mexico Mad Clowns wrote:
What is the big deal on getting to put players up? When the draft slows down you will be able to put the players you want up. If some one else puts the players that you want up then you go bid on them. The auctions have been going over 24 hours. Calm down and see how it works out. We have a long way to go

Again we are talking about the part where its essentially a draft as players go for $1 or $2 when everyone has only a few $ left - however this is a substantial number of players

We are trying to be proactive and not worried about how things are going for this portion of the auction

EDIT: In case anyone thinks this is a veiled complaint on my part, it isn't. I have nominated 3 of the last 6 guys in DD so my motive really is for the league as a whole

Last edited by Atlanta Africans on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:05 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Can't get into the auction because my firewall blocks in on my laptop. I could log in on my phone but can't remember the password. hairout Was there a password set for all of us?

I really don't remember what it was sorry

Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:06 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
New Mexico Mad Clowns wrote:

Again we are talking about the part where its essentially a draft as players go for $1 or $2 when everyone has only a few $ left - however this is a substantial number of players

We are trying to be proactive and not worried about how things are going for this portion of the auction

I am sure Andy will look at this when the time comes and change things if need be

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:06 am

I think you can reset your password, just put your email address in the forgot password place

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:09 am

Utah Spazz wrote:
I think you can reset your password, just put your email address in the forgot password place

Success!!!

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:19 pm

I am sure Andy will address this, but I am in the camp of limiting open bids once we get down to a certain point. It really does become a draft and teams with the fastest fingers (pointing at you Justin) will have a great advantage over people who do not sit a a computer all day.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:50 pm

Wowza...I never thought this draft would be so controversial.

Fellas, I have read all the posts and I firmly understand all the camps...but here is the thing, because of the technically unlimited roster aspect here, IMO the end of the draft has to be the same as it is now...because an owner who saved their money could essentially pick off any player they so choose at the end or could gobble many $1 players after others appear to be done. The snake style nomination thing would actually only benefit those owners who spent their money and are down to nearly nothing...and that is the strategy they took so that may be a pitfall of doing it that way.

Now, if we get to a point where it seems that there is very little bidding occuring on opened players and the entire group wants to go from a 35 maximum auctions to 60 or something, then we can as a group discuss that when the time comes but the way I see it this draft is going exactly how I intended...not too fast and not too slow and let owners strategy be what it is...as for nominating players, I havent gotten much of a chance yet either but who cares.

Lets try to enjoy the draft, even if you think it isn't perfect.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:48 pm

good post

What he said. Time to Relax fellas

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:56 pm

clap

I honestly don't see how the auction can be changed once it's started. If it stalls, we should come to a decision. Otherwise it should stay as planned.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:29 pm

agree with Andy.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:06 pm

England Dragons wrote:
clap

I honestly don't see how the auction can be changed once it's started. If it stalls, we should come to a decision. Otherwise it should stay as planned.
:goodposting:

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:48 pm

The one thing that I still don't know how it is going to go down is when do teams declare they are done with the auction? Only when they are out of money? Because you need a minimum of 40 roster spots (up to 90) teams can sit out the entire 2nd half of the draft without nominating anyone. Something about that isn't right.

If there is a team with mucho bucks at the end and wants a ton of $1 players, then so be it. They passed up the elite players to be able to do that. I see nothing wrong with it.

To change anything as we get much farther into the draft wouldn't be fair to anyone either.

If I could suggest something: I would propose that every team needs to have at least 1 player up for auction at all times, with a max of 3 players. This can be tracked by updating the bulletin board after you nominate a player and after they are won. After your player is won you would have 24 hours to nominate another player. If you don't nominate another player within 24 hours, your draft is over (if you reached a 40 man roster) or you incur a $20 penalty for each occurrence

By forcing teams to have at least 1 player on the board at any given time, teams (at the end of the draft) just can't sit and watch for who gets called out and then 6 days later maybe bid on someone. Just like Andy doesn't want people to bid players up just to bid them up, teams shouldn't be allow to sit for days at a time without nominating someone, just to snipe a player at the end.

This also allows every team the chance to call out players. I'll be honest, I've called out 1 player so far. Every time I check to try and call someone out, I can't. I personally don't care, but I can see why some have an issue with 1 team being able to call out 18 of the 35 players.

Making this change right now would not affect the integrity of the draft and prevent any issues down the line.

Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:14 pm

Its pretty easy.

A) team runs out of money (must have 40 players)
B) team has money but stops being active in auction

Once we get to a point where we no longer have 35 auctions all the time...or more like once the number of live auctions dwindles to a point where its apparent I will give notice of when no more nominations can be made. We can have 35 auctions at a time, so if there are 7 sitting there and 5 teams with $40 or something maybe we declare a deadline for nominations since those teams are not actively moving much but we'll decide when we get there. Not a concern.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:47 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Its pretty easy.

A) team runs out of money (must have 40 players)
B) team has money but stops being active in auction

Once we get to a point where we no longer have 35 auctions all the time...or more like once the number of live auctions dwindles to a point where its apparent I will give notice of when no more nominations can be made. We can have 35 auctions at a time, so if there are 7 sitting there and 5 teams with $40 or something maybe we declare a deadline for nominations since those teams are not actively moving much but we'll decide when we get there. Not a concern.

good post thank you agree

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:43 pm

And the EMPIRE is on the board!

Justin Blackmon - $37

Some day I will tell my grandchildren about Justin Blackmon being the first player I ever won in a fantasy auction and how much I blame Blaine Gabbert for making it a horrible acquisition.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   

Back to top Go down

The Draft
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: