HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

The Draft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:09 pm

And you guys thought my SCHEDULE talk was confusing a few weeks back ... Laughing

Then along comes Vince and his "theory of relativity and the world of fantasy football gaming" complete with his version of E=MC2.

thank you

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:17 pm

ROTFLMAO Todd

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:32 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
And you guys thought my SCHEDULE talk was confusing a few weeks back ... Laughing

Then along comes Vince and his "theory of relativity and the world of fantasy football gaming" complete with his version of E=MC2.

thank you

Ouch kick nuts way to diss my challenge. And here I thought I was being ambitious ass kick , bold wedgie , and clever i dont know

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:50 pm

And your response it too kick me in the nuts, kick me in the pants, and give me a weggie?!?!?

reaction

I didn't diss the challenge Vince. Just simply pointed out that you confused more people than I did.

Laughing

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:02 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
And your response it too kick me in the nuts, kick me in the pants, and give me a weggie?!?!?

reaction

I didn't diss the challenge Vince. Just simply pointed out that you confused more people than I did.

Laughing

No I wasnt kicking you in the nuts, or the pants, or giving you a wedgie....thats what everyone was doing to me!!!!
pay attention

drama

j/k

I have a knack for having really interesting ideas but its only once in awhile where it actually makes sense, or that I actually put it into words well. Apparently us men are not biologically wired to be as effective using language as we are using pictures.... at least thats what I've heard...and im sticking with it. surrender

Last edited by Omega City Legends on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:05 pm

Omega City Legends wrote:
Actually Jason...I have an idea for a bet to make your season at Roster Wars not so Uneventful.

First we agree to X amount of weeks out of the football season (3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, or 15..) and we decide which weeks in particular the bet is for....

Second before the Roster wars auction... you pick a starting line-up of players from the ENTIRE POOL of players. CATCH you only have 1000 war bucks (values based on the actual roster wars auction a few days later)...if you go over 1000 war bucks you get to pick and choose which players to substitute in and out until you get under 1000 war bucks

Third during those X amount of weeks that we agreed too....I will start my best line-up and you use the line-up you chose now. And we keep track of whose team would win. Whoever wins best of 3, 5, 7, 9 or whatever we decide ... wins the bet.....

Fourth If a player of yours is out due to injury during a particular week that we play you may sub in ANY PLAYER with equal or lesser auction value as the injured player...so long as you declare it before their game starts. E.G.- If Larry Fitzgerald (1pm game) goes for 500 War Bucks but he is out for the week we play....you may sub in Roddy White (4pm) 200 War bucks or AJ Green (4pm) 400 War Bucks but not Calvin Johnson (4pm) at 600 war bucks. Fair?

I will put down 10 dollars for each game played in the series. For each game either of us wins we get $10...the winner of the series wins an extra $25-$75 dollars depending on how many games we decide the series will be. You willing to accept my friend? cheers

I like the way you think. I follow you 100%. I think we can get somewhere here but there are a few flaws in your suggestion that I would like to work on.

1) You can trade. I can't. That is a big advantage for you since after the draft you are not hamstrung by the $1000 warbuck limit. I'm not sure what the workaround here is, unless you just aren't allowed to trade in our little competition. Of course you can trade in the real league, but those traded players would not affect me and you. You would still have to play with the players you initially drafted.

Perhaps Andy would even be so kind as to give me a fake roster of my players and your fake roster and have us play eachother every week, off to the side, so we wouldn't have to do stats by hand. Not sure if this is possible, but just trying to think of a way to calculate stats without actually have to do them by hand as that would take a loooong time.

2) Just as important, the way I can build a team (compared to you) is disadvantageous to me and thusly I would like to find a workaround. Essentially, I have to chose players from a draft that I have no idea how much players will go for. This is the initial draft of this league and thusly every team has a large question mark as to the auction value of players. Therefore, I don't have the same opportunity as you to selectively pick and choose which players I want and which I don't at any given point during the salary auction. Since you have the opportunity to pick and choose which players you let slide and which players you bid on, I would like the same opportunity.

What I propose is that you select your team as you normally would and after the auction I will select a team using the same criteria ($1000 warbucks) using the actual auction amounts of the players in your conference draft. The catch is that I will not be allowed to draft any player that you draft (so that we will never have the same players playing eachother).

So those are my hangups. Let me know what you think. $10/week + $50 for series champion sounds good to me. I would suggest playing the entire season week 1-16.

eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:27 pm

Racktacular wrote:
Actually Jason...I have an idea for a bet to make your season at Roster Wars not so Uneventful.

First we agree to X amount of weeks out of the football season (3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, or 15..) and we decide which weeks in particular the bet is for....

Second before the Roster wars auction... you pick a starting line-up of players from the ENTIRE POOL of players. CATCH you only have 1000 war bucks (values based on the actual roster wars auction a few days later)...if you go over 1000 war bucks you get to pick and choose which players to substitute in and out until you get under 1000 war bucks

Third during those X amount of weeks that we agreed too....I will start my best line-up and you use the line-up you chose now. And we keep track of whose team would win. Whoever wins best of 3, 5, 7, 9 or whatever we decide ... wins the bet.....

Fourth If a player of yours is out due to injury during a particular week that we play you may sub in ANY PLAYER with equal or lesser auction value as the injured player...so long as you declare it before their game starts. E.G.- If Larry Fitzgerald (1pm game) goes for 500 War Bucks but he is out for the week we play....you may sub in Roddy White (4pm) 200 War bucks or AJ Green (4pm) 400 War Bucks but not Calvin Johnson (4pm) at 600 war bucks. Fair?

I will put down 10 dollars for each game played in the series. For each game either of us wins we get $10...the winner of the series wins an extra $25-$75 dollars depending on how many games we decide the series will be. You willing to accept my friend? cheers

I like the way you think. I follow you 100%. I think we can get somewhere here but there are a few flaws in your suggestion that I would like to work on.

1) You can trade. I can't. That is a big advantage for you since after the draft you are not hamstrung by the $1000 warbuck limit. I'm not sure what the workaround here is, unless you just aren't allowed to trade in our little competition. Of course you can trade in the real league, but those traded players would not affect me and you. You would still have to play with the players you initially drafted.

Perhaps Andy would even be so kind as to give me a fake roster of my players and your fake roster and have us play eachother every week, off to the side, so we wouldn't have to do stats by hand. Not sure if this is possible, but just trying to think of a way to calculate stats without actually have to do them by hand as that would take a loooong time.

2) Just as important, the way I can build a team (compared to you) is disadvantageous to me and thusly I would like to find a workaround. Essentially, I have to chose players from a draft that I have no idea how much players will go for. This is the initial draft of this league and thusly every team has a large question mark as to the auction value of players. Therefore, I don't have the same opportunity as you to selectively pick and choose which players I want and which I don't at any given point during the salary auction. Since you have the opportunity to pick and choose which players you let slide and which players you bid on, I would like the same opportunity.

What I propose is that you select your team as you normally would and after the auction I will select a team using the same criteria ($1000 warbucks) using the actual auction amounts of the players in your conference draft. The catch is that I will not be allowed to draft any player that you draft (so that we will never have the same players playing eachother).

So those are my hangups. Let me know what you think. $10/week + $50 for series champion sounds good to me. I would suggest playing the entire season week 1-16.

eating popcorn

A) You dont need to trade because you have more money to spend on an actual starting line-up of 22 players...whereas I have to worry about a bench, and depth etc 22+ players...in case of injury...something you wouldnt have to worry about. So we both have flexibility just in different ways.

B) If you were able to choose after our auction draft that would put you in a much more advantageous position I think especially considering you have more to spend per starting position than I do. Plus you, and your studs, are protected by the plug and play injury clause whereas I am not. You already have an entire pool of players to pick from uncontested...the entire point of picking before the values are determined is so that you cant take further advantage of the flexibility you already have over me war buck wise per position, and injury wise....picking your players before you know their values forces you to make tough decisions before the auction draft and potentially after as well. It compensates for the fact that A) you dont have a bench and B) are protected from devastating injuries to your stud players by C) not knowing their values and having to ride with what you have...barring injury. Thats as fair as it gets in my mind.

C) It would have to be an odd amount of weeks so that it doesnt end up in a tie and I would prefer to not include week 17....so how about best of 13? First to 7 wins the series and wins... lets make it $100 for the series since its 13 weeks...and you get $10 per win. So if you win the series 7-6 then you win $110. If I win 7-0 then I win $170 which is the max either one of us can win. Or we can do $50 for a 7 game series (first to 4)...max you can win/lose is $90.

How about it?

Im pretty sure we could figure out the scoring thing pretty easily...MFL will give you the weekly scores of every player...all you have to do is add it up. Simple :happy:

Last edited by Omega City Legends on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:34 pm

If Jason can swap players in and out to get under the $1000 limit how is that any different to just choosing everyone after the auction?

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:43 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
If Jason can swap players in and out to get under the $1000 limit how is that any different to just choosing everyone after the auction?

Good question. And I will say by limiting the number of swaps he has. He is not free to just pick a team and then pick an entirely different team that would defeat the purpose like you said. Im thinking around 4-6 swaps max is fair.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:47 pm

Quote :
A) You dont need to trade because you have more money to spend on an actual starting line-up of 22 players...whereas I have to worry about a bench, and depth etc 22+ players...in case of injury...something you wouldnt have to worry about. So we both have flexibility just in different ways.

I should clarify. I will draft the same amount of players you do. I will worry about a bench too. So neither one of us has more flexibility over the other. And I am adamantly against you being able to trade and you using those players. It completely alters everything. You may love Eric Decker now, but when he sucks 3 weeks into the season, you can make a trade to cover that. If I love Eric Decker, I can't do the same. Since I will draft the exact same amount of players as you we will have the exact same flexibility.

Quote :
B) If you were able to choose after our auction draft that would put you in a much more advantageous position I think especially considering you have more to spend per starting position than I do.

This is not true IMO because I would spend the same amount of money $1000 on the same exact amount of players that you draft. Read on for the injury clause.

Quote :
Plus you, and your studs, are protected by the plug and play injury clause whereas I am not.

I do not want to be protected by that injury clause. I want to be held to the same standards as you. So I will draft the same amount of players as you and if a guys gets hurt, then I better have a replacement available. Same as you. That is why you can't be allowed to make trades or FA/waiver moves to compensate.

Quote :
You already have an entire pool of players to pick from uncontested...the entire point of picking before the values are determined is so that you cant take further advantage of the flexibility you already have over me war buck wise per position, and injury wise....

You also have an entire pool to pick from uncontested. I have to buy players at their max value, same as you. Since I'm not allowed to pick any player you draft, you actually have the advantage that you get to choose your players first. If you LOVE JPP, then do draft him and therefore I cannot.

Now that we are clear that I have no advantage warbuck-wise or injury wise I think allowing me to chose my team after the draft makes sense. As I said above, you actually have an advantage of me in that regard.

C) In your scenario the max that you could win is not $170, it is $230 ($130+$100). 13 weeks is fine. $10 +$100 for the series is fine too.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:50 pm

And by the way Jason....I thought of this all in like 2 minutes....pretty much I made it up as I typed LOL....so sorry if all the details werent hammered out right off the bat. sweating but thats what makes it exciting right?

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:52 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:

Good question. And I will say by limiting the number of swaps he has. He is not free to just pick a team and then pick an entirely different team that would defeat the purpose like you said. Im thinking around 4-6 swaps max is fair.

It is not possibly for me to guess player values in this draft and then try to limit the amount of swaps I have. I would purposely pick all the best/most expensive players so that I go so far over the $1000 limit that I would have to swap pretty much my entire team.

If a guy goes for $4 in the auction then you have a chance to bid on him. If you don't and I do, then there is no advantage to me at all. You had the chance before me. Advantage you.
Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:55 pm

JESUS PLEASE.......................Just give each other $100 and a kiss and call it good.... sweat

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:59 pm

Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
JESUS PLEASE.......................Just give each other $100 and a kiss and call it good.... sweat

vote no

laughing
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Fwiw I think there is a large advantage in cherry pickingthe best roster after the fact vs participating in the auction
Eg you buy a qb for 150 later a guy u like better goes for 130. In the auction you have already spent the money and can't take the second guy instead. After the fact obviously you can choose whoever!

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:12 pm

Racktacular wrote:
Quote :

I should clarify. I will draft the same amount of players you do. I will worry about a bench too. So neither one of us has more flexibility over the other. And I am adamantly against you being able to trade and you using those players. It completely alters everything. You may love Eric Decker now, but when he sucks 3 weeks into the season, you can make a trade to cover that. If I love Eric Decker, I can't do the same. Since I will draft the exact same amount of players as you we will have the exact same flexibility.

Quote :
B) If you were able to choose after our auction draft that would put you in a much more advantageous position I think especially considering you have more to spend per starting position than I do.

Quote :
Plus you, and your studs, are protected by the plug and play injury clause whereas I am not.

I do not want to be protected by that injury clause. I want to be held to the same standards as you. So I will draft the same amount of players as you and if a guys gets hurt, then I better have a replacement available. Same as you. That is why you can't be allowed to make trades or FA/waiver moves to compensate.

Quote :
You already have an entire pool of players to pick from uncontested...the entire point of picking before the values are determined is so that you cant take further advantage of the flexibility you already have over me war buck wise per position, and injury wise....

You also have an entire pool to pick from uncontested. I have to buy players at their max value, same as you. Since I'm not allowed to pick any player you draft, you actually have the advantage that you get to choose your players first. If you LOVE JPP, then do draft him and therefore I cannot.

Now that we are clear that I have no advantage warbuck-wise or injury wise I think allowing me to chose my team after the draft makes sense. As I said above, you actually have an advantage of me in that regard.

C) In your scenario the max that you could win is not $170, it is $230 ($130+$100). 13 weeks is fine. $10 +$100 for the series is fine too.

The only problem with me not being able to trade and make FA moves is that it compromises the integrity/competitiveness of the actual league itself. And we have to figure out a way to do this without it affecting EVERYONE...thus me not being able to make roster moves is not an option.

Racktacular wrote:
This is not true IMO because I would spend the same amount of money $1000 on the same exact amount of players that you draft. Read on for the injury clause.

-Yes it is because If I plan to draft 30-45 players with 1000 war bucks (22-35 War Bucks per player) while you only have to worry about 22 (about 45 per player)....you have a clear and distinct advantage. I have to worry about injuries, especially yo star players....you dont have to AT ALL.

Racktacular wrote:

Again untrue...I am contesting with 11 other owners AND the cap. Whereas you are only contesting against the cap.

Racktacular wrote:

No the series ends once someone wins the series. Like in baseball, hockey, or basketball playoffs....best of 3 (first to 2), best of 5 (first to 3), best of 7 (first to 4), etc...thats what I was saying. If you beat me 4 times in a row in a best of 7 series...there is no point in playing out the rest.....you won the series already....you've made your point.

So like I said....$170 is the maximum because 7 is the maximum amount of games you can win in a best of 13 series ($100+$70)....$90 for a best of 7 series ($50 and $40)

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Fwiw I think there is a large advantage in cherry pickingthe best roster after the fact vs participating in the auction
Eg you buy a qb for 150 later a guy u like better goes for 130. In the auction you have already spent the money and can't take the second guy instead. After the fact obviously you can choose whoever!

Case and point. Thanks Ian.

Last edited by Omega City Legends on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:13 pm

My eyes glazed over very early into this conversation. Have fun with whatever you guys decide...maybe you should start a seperate thread in the GAMES section for this calculus driven side game so you can refer to it all year long and folks talking about the draft can not refer to it. Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
My eyes glazed over very early into this conversation. Have fun with whatever you guys decide...maybe you should start a seperate thread in the GAMES section for this calculus driven side game so you can refer to it all year long and folks talking about the draft can not refer to it. Evil laugh

Andy this cant possibly be getting too complicated and crazy for YOU! shocking LOL

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:18 pm

Vince better focus on his conference more....you're gonna get smoked cause your outlandish mathematical nonsense is going to fry your brain.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:19 pm

Vince better focus on his conference more....you're gonna get smoked cause your outlandish mathematical nonsense is going to fry your brain.

Lance I posted a video just for you in the WTF thread and you don't even comment. sad2

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:34 pm

Outlandish mathematical nonsense? Im sure thats what people said when the Wright brothers tried to fly. Or when trying to figure out the distance from here to the Moon, and then even crazier....trying to fly there!?!?! surprised

Fry my brain? lol3 This is actually all very simple fun too me. Im very used to exercising my crazy, outside the box, critical thinking.... confused am I missing something? thinking2 Or are you? whoosh

hehe

zip it

smile and wave 1st

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:46 pm

Outlandish mathematical nonsense? Im sure thats what people said when the Wright brothers tried to fly. Or when trying to figure out the distance from here to the Moon, and then even crazier....trying to fly there!?!?! surprised

Fry my brain? lol3 This is actually all very simple fun too me. Im very used to exercising my crazy, outside the box, critical thinking.... confused am I missing something? thinking2 Or are you? whoosh

hehe

zip it

smile and wave 1st

Ha. I keep envisioning belushi in animal house. When the Germans bombed pearl harbor :)

Don't stop Keep it going u guys are on a roll

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:52 pm

eating popcorn This new guy really wants in this league doesn't he?

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:53 pm

hehe

zip it

smile and wave 1st

Whatever happened to the simple bets in the world....you know like...I bet you a dollar that my thingy is bigger than your thingy....and stuff like that. You know...I'll show you mine, if you show me yours. Now it all comes down to this...... :sadbanana:

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:

As it should be.....

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:55 pm

hehe

zip it

smile and wave 1st

Whatever happened to the simple bets in the world....you know like...I bet you a dollar that my thingy is bigger than your thingy....and stuff like that. You know...I'll show you mine, if you show me yours. Now it all comes down to this...... :sadbanana:

I think that video I posted for you is effecting you ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:57 pm

Crying or Very sad I know. I'm becoming very emotional

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:10 pm

OR what you could do is have a draft here on the boards after the auction where your roster has to fit under $1000. Mano a Mano, who can build a better team. No trading to worry about, no ww pickups, Just the best team wins. Make it a best ball match each week and just keep a running tally of your points on here (so we can bet who will win cheers ) ...

In case its not clear you draft as many as you want and only your best 22 (within the leagues starting lineup rules) counts.

2cents

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:20 pm

hehe

zip it

smile and wave 1st

For a cowboys fan that was pretty funny. WAIT! no! ....I hate you. Stop trying to woo me with your thingy jokes hissy fit

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:29 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
OR what you could do is have a draft here on the boards after the auction where your roster has to fit under $1000. Mano a Mano, who can build a better team. No trading to worry about, no ww pickups, Just the best team wins. Make it a best ball match each week and just keep a running tally of your points on here (so we can bet who will win cheers ) ...

In case its not clear you draft as many as you want and only your best 22 (within the leagues starting lineup rules) counts.

2cents

So like a draftmaster between 2 people? Thats interesting...

The only problem I have with that is both of our teams will be packed with studs....and that would take a lot of the skill involved out of it. The entire point of this is to outmanage the other person from beginning to end en route to victory.

Last edited by Omega City Legends on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Andy this cant possibly be getting too complicated and crazy for YOU! shocking LOL

It was a good idea, but there is no way to make it even and make both of us happy if one of us is in and one of us is out. Too many variables to control for. Let's pass on a bet for now and revisit it another time.

beer
Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:31 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:

Yes please. I mean there are a few teams with like no posts, that aren't active and they are going to draft a team, not pay attention to it and then be kicked out next year. Then some poor schlep (me, maybe) has to then pick up the pieces of a broken team only after 1 year.

I think we should cut to the chase. I propose we be proactive, refund the least active team, I'll pay via paypal (or whatever) immediately and let me take his spot. I think it would be the best for the league (I'm damn good competition) and for me (obviously, yay!).

WHO'S WITH ME?! scared

Last edited by Racktacular on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:32 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:

2cents

So like a draftmaster between 2 people? Thats interesting...

The only problem I have with that is both of our teams will be packed with studs....and that would take a lot of the skill involved out of it. The entire point of this is to outmanage the other person from beginning to end.

not sure how stacked you would want to go with the $1000 cap. But you could lower it to say $700 if you wanted.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:40 pm

Racktacular wrote:

It was a good idea, but there is no way to make it even and make both of us happy if one of us is in and one of us is out. Too many variables to control for. Let's pass on a bet for now and revisit it another time.

beer

I dunno I thought it was pretty fair

-You cant trade or maneuver via free agency, but you can draft better players on average, and replace them with any equal/maybe even better player in case of injury.

Only stipulation being you have to pick your team first and then you can only adjust it to fit the cap, and due to injury....dont see why thats so unfair, and undesirable...if I have Fitzgerald and he gets hurt I have to use my bench....if you ave fitzgerald you can replace him with anybody of equal or lesser value....

Its like Im giving you a head start...and I have to catch up. The only way you should be worried is if you believe that your advantage in the beginning wont hold up in the end...sounds like you are playing with scared money to me. 👎

Last edited by Omega City Legends on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:42 pm

Racktacular wrote:
Utah Spazz wrote:

Yes please. I mean there are a few teams with like no posts, that aren't active and they are going to draft a team, not pay attention to it and then be kicked out next year. Then some poor schlep (me, maybe) has to then pick up the pieces of a broken team only after 1 year.

I think we should cut to the chase. I propose we be proactive, refund the least active team, I'll pay via paypal (or whatever) immediately and let me take his spot. I think it would be the best for the league (I'm damn good competition) and for me (obviously, yay!).

WHO'S WITH ME?! scared

Well our least active guy.....is welcoming a baby today. Congrats with that. Then he says he will get in the game.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:51 pm

Racktacular wrote:
Utah Spazz wrote:

WHO'S WITH ME?! scared

Well our least active guy.....is welcoming a baby today. Congrats with that. Then he says he will get in the game.

RT: bow blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah beer gtfo :crossfingers:

WH: police vote no kick nuts coffee

RT: :sadbanana: surrender

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:55 pm

^ WTF! lol.

Whoever is having a baby, congrats! Fantasy football draft and 2 week old baby? He thinks he's gonna have more time after he has a baby? YIKES! Good luck on that front. But congrats nonetheless.

Last edited by Racktacular on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:58 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Racktacular wrote:
Utah Spazz wrote:

WHO'S WITH ME?! scared

A) Dave that was extremely funny. Your smileys are a story well told.

B) Dave stop posting so I can catch you in the posting ladder!

C) This is my 200th post so im going to bed now...barring any new developments on this wager.

Hopefully ill wake up to a deal. If not i will be highly disappointed Neutral

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:05 pm

Hopefully ill wake up to a deal. If not i will be highly disappointed Neutral

I don't fully agree with your analysis. You don't fully agree with mine. That's fine. I can agree to disagree, if you can. If you're saying I'm scared, no problem, I can take it. coffee
Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:08 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Racktacular wrote:
Utah Spazz wrote:

WHO'S WITH ME?! scared

Now that is a good movie.....

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:09 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:

First we agree to X amount of weeks out of the football season and we decide which weeks in particular.

Third during those X amount of weeks that we agreed too....I will start my best line-up and you use the line-up you chose now. And we keep track of whose team would win. First to X/2 + 1 wins, wins the bet.....

dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy

Oh sweet, it wasn't just me being old!

I dont understand what is so complicated/hard to understand about this.... scratch

Huh? confused

Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:28 pm

hehe

zip it

smile and wave 1st

For a cowboys fan that was pretty funny. WAIT! no! ....I hate you. Stop trying to woo me with your thingy jokes hissy fit

woo me now that is funny ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:31 pm

Did he say I Wooed him with my thingy......WTH help

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:38 pm

Did he say I Wooed him with my thingy......WTH help

mischevious = Omega City Legends

scared = Wyoming Headhunters

:LOL:
Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:41 pm

Those people in Wyoming don't get out enough Laughing

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:47 pm

run for the hills

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:51 pm

Can't wait til the draft is over so I can take this thread out back, burn it and hope it never has to fry another brain cell ever again. shocking

Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:56 pm

A lot of post padding in here eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:19 am

New Mexico Mad Clowns wrote:
A lot of post padding in here eating popcorn

Not sure I know what your are talking about. cool2

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:35 am

I have a headache.

Just got up. Catching up with RW MB is the first thing I do - after peeing, obviously.

Excitedly go in to 'The Draft' thread to find about 60 posts since I went to bed 7 hours ago. Read 60 or so posts. Have a headache.

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Draft   

Back to top Go down

The Draft
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: