HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Ladarius Green TE FA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Ladarius Green TE FA   Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:26 am

His second concussion in less than a month.

Last edited by Mohawk Ridge Marauders on Sat May 20, 2017 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:47 am

Looks like ageless Gates will return in a couple weeks and continue to do it.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:55 am

Did we really not have a topic on him yet? I find that pretty surprising with his annual offseason hype

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:05 pm

I searched twice. I was pretty shocked myself.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:23 pm

Damn, you guys are not on top of things. laughing

That is pretty weird, considering there is damn near a thread on here for every player, coach, and water boy.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:53 pm

If this happens I like it for the Green owners.......I now the TE Blocks in Pitt some, but still I like it.

Free agent Ladarius Green will visit the Steelers on Thursday.
Per NFL.com's Albert Breer, there is "serious interest from both sides." ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Green is "expected" to sign with Pittsburgh.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:18 pm

I have green in a couple leagues - I think(hope) he does at the very least as good as miller did but think he can be much better

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:53 pm

Never understood the hype on Green?? I guess it was because he was in Gate's shadow? Maybe if he goes to a new team I will get to see why everybody thinks he can be really good

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:01 pm

He has been a bit injury prone, but getting out of Gates' shadow, and getting on a team that doesn't have huge O-line issues will actually allow him to get out and catch some balls.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:25 pm

Had been hearing rumblings about the Steelers, but nothing concrete yet.

Anybody have anything more on him?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:37 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:

He has a meeting Thursday.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:08 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
North Wales Knights wrote:

He has a meeting Thursday.

That could be a really scary offense!!!

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:20 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Never understood the hype on Green??

With ya...and not because of Gates.  When given the opportunity, he never impressed.  Now at If he goes to Pitt, he will certainly get a chance to show what he has...(LOL!  saw it right after my post).

Quote :
Steelers signed TE Ladarius Green, formerly of the Chargers, to a four-year, $20 million contract.
The match couldn't be more perfect on paper for both player and team. With Heath Miller's unexpected retirement following the season, the Steelers needed an all-around tight end, and Green fits the bill. Green first found his way onto the field in San Diego because he knew how to block. It's an added bonus because Green is already a gifted athlete at 6'6/240. He ran a 4.56 forty at the 2012 Combine with a 10-foot-4 broad jump. He's dripping with upside with Ben Roethlisberger in one of the game's top-three passing offenses and out of Antonio Gates' shadow.

Back to top Go down
Saint Johns Venomous Mocs

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 am

As a Steelers fan I really like this signing. Losing Miller was a huge loss for the Steelers. I think in time James could be alright, but I think Green at this point will be able to step in and potentially fill Miller's shoes a little easier. From a fantasy perspective the "Gates" have opened for Green to try to live up to all the hype he's been getting for a few years. Can he live up to it?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:23 am

Saint Johns Venomous Mocs wrote:
From a fantasy perspective the "Gates" have opened for Green to try to live up to all the hype he's been getting for a few years.

I see what you did there.

But I totally agree with you, if he doesn't break out this year, I have no more hope for him though.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:08 am

One of the rumors I heard about why he never took over for the old man in SD is that he struggled with the playbook and translating that to game action and being where he was supposed to be on a lot of plays, hard to trust a guy like that. Also, his blocking ability is less than ideal...

We have all seen his talent as a pass catcher, but being a solid starter that can be counted on takes more than flashing some occasional big play ability. We'll see what happens, maybe the switch will finally get flipped on...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:44 pm

As a Green fan, (and to your points maybe it was on him behind the scenes) but I never felt that Green actually got the level and consistency of targets that it would take to make a judgment on whether or not he was good or bad. SD's use of him was all over the map...in Pittsburgh he should absolutely get his opportunity even if it'll be as a 3rd/4th option in that offense...it should be reasonably consistent if nothing else.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:12 pm

We'll see what happens, but alot of times there are legitimate football reasons that players don't get on the field despite what we fantasy coaches think. If Green couldn't be counted on consistently when it comes to the X's and O's then of course he is not going to get more playing time, and that's why they aren't going to keep trotting a guy out there and giving him more targets if he can't be counted on in the broader sense of the playbook. Real football is way different from fantasy football regardless of what us armchair quarterbacks think...

I think it is telling that SD re-signed the ancient Gates and made no attempt to re-sign or even tag Green for compensation. Maybe he turns it around in PIT and develops into what alot of us already hoped he would, but Big Ben won't be heavily targeting a guy if he can't trust him, and Green will have big shoes to fill as Heath Miller was probably one of the most trustworthy TE's of all time, he was always where he was supposed to be doing what he was supposed to do...

Back to top Go down
Saint Johns Venomous Mocs

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:46 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
We'll see what happens,  but alot of times there are legitimate football reasons that players don't get on the field despite what we fantasy coaches think.    If Green couldn't be counted on consistently when it comes to the X's and O's then of course he is not going to get more playing time,   and that's why they aren't going to keep trotting a guy out there and giving him more targets if he can't be counted on in the broader sense of the playbook.   Real football is way different from fantasy football regardless of what us armchair quarterbacks think...  

I think it is telling that SD re-signed the ancient Gates and made no attempt to re-sign or even tag Green for compensation.  Maybe he turns it around in PIT and develops into what alot of us already hoped he would,  but Big Ben won't be heavily targeting a guy if he can't trust him,   and Green will have big shoes to fill  as Heath Miller was probably one of the most trustworthy TE's of all time,  he was always where he was supposed to be doing what he was supposed to do...

This concerns me as well. I also agree that if Green doesn't earn Ben's trust, he probably will never live up to fantasy hype or expectations.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:59 pm

Saint Johns Venomous Mocs wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
We'll see what happens,  but alot of times there are legitimate football reasons that players don't get on the field despite what we fantasy coaches think.    If Green couldn't be counted on consistently when it comes to the X's and O's then of course he is not going to get more playing time,   and that's why they aren't going to keep trotting a guy out there and giving him more targets if he can't be counted on in the broader sense of the playbook.   Real football is way different from fantasy football regardless of what us armchair quarterbacks think...  

I think it is telling that SD re-signed the ancient Gates and made no attempt to re-sign or even tag Green for compensation.  Maybe he turns it around in PIT and develops into what alot of us already hoped he would,  but Big Ben won't be heavily targeting a guy if he can't trust him,   and Green will have big shoes to fill  as Heath Miller was probably one of the most trustworthy TE's of all time,  he was always where he was supposed to be doing what he was supposed to do...

This concerns me as well. I also agree that if Green doesn't earn Ben's trust, he probably will never live up to fantasy hype or expectations.

He never earned River's trust in SD, that is why he never became what many of us thought he would... I hope that he does get things right this time around, the talent is so tantalizing!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:09 pm

What would it have taken from any individual to replace Gates in San Diego? I am not sure Green was given a realistic task in that respect. Sure your point about reigning an ancient Gates and letting Green go makes sense but then again, NFL coaches are a stubborn lot so if the mighty Gates wants to play and the right/wrong situation exists over there maybe Green never had a legitimate chance.

Honestly, I bet it's a bit of both. Green could certainly have done better but San Diego hardly can claim to have "the right stuff" either so unlike some players, at least we'll all see Green in a different scenario.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Wed May 25, 2016 12:51 pm

Ladarius Green underwent offseason ankle surgery and won't participate in OTAs.
Quote :
Green ended last season on I.R. with an ankle injury that apparently required some sort of operation/clean-up procedure. He hasn't participated in offseason workouts and is without a timetable for return. The expectation is training camp, but when during camp is the question. Green is stepping into a golden opportunity for targets, getting out from Antonio Gates' shadow and landing in Pittsburgh with the Martavis Bryant-less Steelers, but this puts him behind the curve a bit. We'll have to track Green's recovery this summer.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Wed May 25, 2016 1:30 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Ladarius Green underwent offseason ankle surgery and won't participate in OTAs.
Quote :
Green ended last season on I.R. with an ankle injury that apparently required some sort of operation/clean-up procedure. He hasn't participated in offseason workouts and is without a timetable for return. The expectation is training camp, but when during camp is the question. Green is stepping into a golden opportunity for targets, getting out from Antonio Gates' shadow and landing in Pittsburgh with the Martavis Bryant-less Steelers, but this puts him behind the curve a bit. We'll have to track Green's recovery this summer.

This was known/anticipated...Better if he had the full OTA's/Pre-season to gel with Ben. I remember an interview with A. Brown after he broke out a few back...He said one of his hardest obstacles was to adjust to BBB...(Big Bens' Balls). Cool

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:01 pm

Profootballtalk reports "retirement remains an option" for Ladarius Green as he deals with recurring headaches.
Quote :
Per Mike Florio, "rumors" of Green's headaches have been circulating since the beginning of camp. In a bit of unnecessary deception, the Steelers had been insisting Green's absence was related to his offseason ankle surgery. Florio reports the Steelers could "eventually" release Green if the headaches do not subside. With the news finally out in the open, developments figure to come at a rapid pace. It goes without saying Green should no longer be drafted as a TE1. He's a high-risk TE2 flier.

OH NO!

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:50 am

Still suffering symptoms a year later?   Yikes... dizzy  

Quote :
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ed Bouchette reports Ladarius Green didn't tell the Steelers he was having headaches when they signed him in March.
If true -- and if the Steelers can prove it's true -- they might be able to recoup the $4.75 million signing bonus given to Green. Since it was revealed on Thursday that Green was having these problems thanks to a pair of concussions last September, there have been whispers Green could be forced to retire, or the Steelers could release him. We'll keep providing updates.  

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:01 pm

This does no sound good. A year with headaches, ouch. I think what looked like a great signing and a possible break out for Green may come to a premature end. Not only does this suck for Green obviously, but leaves Pitt dreadfully thin at TE now. A lose, lose situation with plenty of real life and fantasy fall out.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Thu May 18, 2017 4:15 pm

Steelers released TE Ladarius Green.
Green was cut loose with the "failed physical" designation. Signed to a "four-year, $20 million" contract last March, Green was already out of guaranteed money. He was limited to six games as he battled through head and ankle issues last season. Yet to be cleared from the league's concussion protocol, Green has been dogged by retirement rumors since last summer. Turning 27 later this month, Green has always possessed mouthwatering upside, but was blocked by Antonio Gates in San Diego and his health in Pittsburgh. His NFL future is unclear. The Steelers are moving forward with Jesse James, Xavier Grimble and David Johnson at tight end.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Thu May 18, 2017 4:28 pm

wow. surprising.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Thu May 18, 2017 4:43 pm

Boy I remember when this guy was the biggest "sleeper" going.

Guess he forgot to wake up.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Thu May 18, 2017 6:16 pm

Liking Jesse James more now

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   Sat May 20, 2017 5:10 am

It's always unfortunate to see things like this. I had my share of Green share's sure, but for the most part you had to expect over the past few years the possibility of some missed time..

Hopefully its something he can clear up so we can see him on the field again, it would suck if his days of playing is behind him

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green TE FA   

Back to top Go down

Ladarius Green TE FA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: