HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Random RWP info

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:22 am

I have no problem with leaving the rule as is. If the biggest problem we've had in almost 4 seasons is Wes Welker getting picked up during games after he's signed for a team that he's not going to play for, I'm cool with that.

wink

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:35 am

After hearing both sides and agreeing with both in many respects, my gut says we should either leave it alone and it is what is (not a big deal)

or

If an NFLFA is added in RW on the same day that they are reported to have signed with an NFL team, the player will be removed from the RW team and allowed to go through blind bidding. This would address the concerns of this topic while also allowing an owner to add an NFLFA on a Friday and if that player is signed to a team on Saturday the owner who was ahead of it benefits from taking the risk.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:25 am

I asked the question on Welker because I didn't think it was possible to pick him up under the circumstances.  I heard the Welker news on the radio an hour or so before he was picked up in both leagues, and though I wasn't going to go after him, my first thought was wondering how much someone would bid on him.  Then it was "oh shit, he escaped waivers".  It is a timing loophole that allowed him to be picked up as I saw it.

The summary seems to be:

Most don't want to close the loophole as it's not an issue.
I guess I don't care as long as I'm clear on how it works and I am now.  Any player with a FA designation is not subject to waiver calendar rules.  Don't go changin' for me.

Last edited by Baja Beatniks on Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:50 am

Computer issues were not able to be fixed yesterday and I am trying again now that I spelled out that issue in the other thread. Hope to be back on soon and with a better working machine...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:13 pm

I guess when it comes down to it, I really don't care which way this goes. But if there comes a day that an Adrian Peterson type was dropped after beating the shit out of their kid, then he gets picked up by another team, we could be looking at a more significant conversation. That will probably never happen though.

Dammit to Justin for getting him for a buck in RFA hammer

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:23 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
I guess when it comes down to it, I really don't care which way this goes. But if there comes a day that an Adrian Peterson type was dropped after beating the shit out of their kid, then he gets picked up by another team, we could be looking at a more significant conversation. That will probably never happen though.

That's the point I was making to Andy last night. Make sure everyone is clear on a shitbag Ram's receiver so it's not an issue when Chris Borland decides to play again. And really, I was the only one unclear on the rule.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:08 pm

I still think we should close this loophole. Example, a Rams WR has a season ending injury and the Rams sign Welker off the street on gameday. We don't allow someone to pick up a WR that was already on the Rams roster so why should we allow this?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:54 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
I still think we should close this loophole. Example, a Rams WR has a season ending injury and the Rams sign Welker off the street on gameday. We don't allow someone to pick up a WR that was already on the Rams roster so why should we allow this?

That is an excellent point and I agree.

For simplicity sake, would you think that my idea above seen here would suffice and it just be a judgement call I make if this ever comes up again
Minnesota Eternals wrote:

If an NFLFA is added in RW on the same day that they are reported to have signed with an NFL team, the player will be removed from the RW team and allowed to go through blind bidding. This would address the concerns of this topic while also allowing an owner to add an NFLFA on a Friday and if that player is signed to a team on Saturday the owner who was ahead of it benefits from taking the risk.

OR

do you have another idea?

I don't think locking all FA's on Thursday makes sense so there has to be an answer that keeps what we have had in tact for the most part but does close this loophole. Obviously, nothing will change in regards to Welker.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:15 am

This may not be my argument but isn't the only issue here that a player was picked up: (a) between the time that he signed and was assigned a team in MFL, and (b) after the signing team played its game?  

I think that the proposed rule goes to far.  It appears that free agents can be signed at any time without any real limitation.  And the proposed rule appears to provide that if TRich is signed by the Colts on Friday but not picked up until Saturday, that's cool as well.  The only problem becomes if he is signed by the Colts on Friday and picked up by a RW team on Friday, at which point he needs to go through waivers.

That just seems crazy.  

And it seems to penalize the vigilant.  If I find out that TRich gets signed by the Colts and sign him that same day, shouldn't I be rewarded for acting quickly?

I think that real issue is where a guy should be locked because he has been signed but he's not locked because of MFL's delay in updating the system.  I think that this is the issue that you should be correcting and it can be resolved fairly easily:

No player may be picked up between the time that his current team's game for the week has started until waivers run.  The fact that MFL has not updated its system to reflect a player's current team shall not impact this rule.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:28 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
And it seems to penalize the vigilant.

I've already put in my final word on the situation as it pertains to RW, but this is the 2nd time someone has mentioned what I quoted above. The argument is an age old one pertaining to waivers and it bugs me so much. Pretty much everyone is vigilant. League waiver calendars exist in part though because building rosters shouldn't be a competition of who happens to be off work or have access to a computer or data signal when news breaks.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:41 am

Fair enough. But if you look at the text of the last rule proposed I would lose a guy to the waiver process if I picked him up at 9:00 am because I know that he is working out for a team and then he gets signed by that team at 4:30 pm that same day.  The point was that you should focus on the very narrow issue you are trying to address.

If the problem is that there should be a waiting period before a guy gets signed in RW after being signed by an NFL, then you can tailor the rule that way.  But I would think that the same wait period should be applied when any news breaks so a BB waiver only process is the only "fair" way.

But if you're only looking to fix the MFL glitch, then you should look to ensure that your fix doesn't create another problem.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:47 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
If I find out that TRich gets signed by the Colts and sign him that same day, shouldn't I be rewarded for acting quickly?

No matter how you get TRich, you will not be rewarded.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:58 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:
If I find out that TRich gets signed by the Colts and sign him that same day, shouldn't I be rewarded for acting quickly?

No matter how you get TRich, you will not be rewarded.

laughing I was once told that if you own either TRich or DMC on your roster, you will take last place. Looking like that is not the case for DMC this year, well, errrr, until he goes down which could be any moment.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:07 am

Still not buying into DMac.  There's really only two weeks where you would have started him this year, weeks 8 and 9.  Good performances from him, certainly, but I'm gonna want a few more weeks before I count on him.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:13 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Fair enough. But if you look at the text of the last rule proposed I would lose a guy to the waiver process if I picked him up at 9:00 am because I know that he is working out for a team and then he gets signed by that team at 4:30 pm that same day.  The point was that you should focus on the very narrow issue you are trying to address.

I agree with you. It was about the fact that his team has already played and we were in the locked period. Not anything else regarding the calendar or FA rules.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:11 pm

We're still talking about Wes Welker? lol

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:14 pm

As long as any rule change only locks NFL teams after their game kicks off, I'm ok with it. Then again, same situation comes up... Team plays on Thursday night... News story comes out that they are working out "so and so player" on Friday. If I pick him up on Friday, and he officially gets signed Saturday, what happens? Do I just have to pick up the NFL free agent before any news story officially says he's signed? Do we trust just the MFL news for this timestamping? A lot of questions need to be answered. Is the NFL Free Agent locked simply by the team that has played talking to him? Or only once he's officially signed?

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:40 am

I would say he has to be signed to be locked.  Picking him up as FA hoping he is signed is different than picking him up as a FA due to a time delay at MFL.

Just my 2cents

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:52 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
I would say he has to be signed to be locked.  Picking him up as FA hoping he is signed is different than picking him up as a FA due to a time delay at MFL.

Just my 2cents

I agree... But when is he "officially" signed? MFL News Story? What is the official record keeping if it's not when MFL updates him to a team.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:01 pm

Guys & Gal,
This was going to wait until the offseason and for the most part still will, but in light of recent events I am forced to at least give you all a heads up...

I am not willing to waste any of my time on people who don't want to be here or those who just don't get the part about this being a group effort. I have received lots of great advice from many of you and I appreciate all of it and I appreciate all the effort that you have put into RW. Details will come after the 2015 season but some of the terms of being in this league are going to get a makeover and really what I want to convey today is this...

If you don't want to be here, let me know.
If you are sure or close to sure that you are going to be done after this season, let me know.
If you don't have interest in contributing, then you may want to reconsider if you belong here.

Just to be clear, nothing big is changing but in 2016 the line in the sand will be more pronounced and failure to deliver will result in negative outcomes.

Our 5th year will be our best for sure and only the best will be here to make that happen. I hope you're all up to the challenge!

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:53 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:

Hey, who put the spycam in my house!!!!???? ... Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:56 pm

I don't want to lose members. At the same time, it seems like the standards of the league are a burden to a few. Certainly no shortage of leagues with more lax requirements, so perhaps it would be better to bow out. Membership here is supposed to be a privilege and Andy shouldn't have to be policing shit.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:49 pm

How does one go about finding thier post count for a month while in the middle of the month?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:55 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
How does one go about finding thier post count for a month while in the middle of the month?

BY COUNTING

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:01 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:

There's not really an easy way, but if you looked at the last report I did and then went to the league/members link, you'd be able to see your total post count and compare it to what I reported at the end of last month or whatever.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:08 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:

This from the team sporting Einstein, Teller, and Ulam ... scratch

Guess getting those PhD's aren't as tough as they use to be. ... doh

Maybe this guy should be on your coaches list ....

Just had to use the one with the foul language, like a moth to flame.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:24 pm

For the FA pickup thing.
My proposal is that if a FA player is picked up by a NFL team that has already played this week then that player cannot be added until the Tuesday night waiver period. Worrying about when he signs with a team or when MFL updates isn't really the issue. If you sign the player as an FA and then he gets signed by a team that has played, tough luck. You could have signed him before the game was played but you didn't so there was likely some news that triggered your interest. This is in the spirit of preventing everyone from rushing to the wire when a player gets hurt.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:29 pm

For the FA pickup thing.
My proposal is that if a FA player is picked up by a NFL team that has already played this week then that player cannot be added until the Tuesday night waiver period. Worrying about when he signs with a team or when MFL updates isn't really the issue. If you sign the player as an FA and then he gets signed by a team that has played, tough luck. You could have signed him before the game was played but you didn't so there was likely some news that triggered your interest. This is in the spirit of preventing everyone from rushing to the wire when a player gets hurt.

Concur with the above post by Han-Yang.

We should roll with what MFL gives us and not try to go above and beyond with articles from here, there, or anywhere.
Makes shit confusing and/or open to interpretation.

2cents

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:35 pm

For the FA pickup thing.

I could go with this.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:24 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:

If you're in the top 10 for the month and you scroll over the bar on the main page it will tell you how many posts that month.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:19 am

For the FA pickup thing.

A+ Han Yang

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:08 am

Han-Yang, I have saved that to be looked at in January...thanks

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:14 am

I just wanted to say something I have been thinking....

Many of us have been surprised and hated the amount of turnover in RW and I surely have been one....but lately I came to the acceptance that there are just not that many folks who can deliver to this level consistently so there is absolutely nothing I can do about it and shouldn't feel bad about it either. As long as we take the steps we think are right and put in the effort this will continue to be the best damn league there is and I am cool with that.

I am beyond confident that Nick was a big upgrade we received this week.

I have some things coming after the season that will hopefully move us a tiny bit closer in this regard too and I am excited about the future of Roster Wars. I can't say enough how appreciative I am of all the hard work you fuckers put in around here.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:28 am

Yes, it is out of your control. Solid calls have been made in accepting members. Lives change or interests change and people do 180s and all of a sudden can't keep up. The best of them bow out acknowledging the change and the worst put you in the shitty spot of having to remove them. It will happen again and that's ok.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:46 am

Agreed.
We're also now in good shape with the RWTC and pipeline overall so we aren't letting in owners with a ? just cos we have a need

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:05 am

Andrew, I'm glad that you feel more comfortable booting people. It's hard, unpleasant and a drain but I think it keeps the league strong. Thanks for looking out for all of us!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:54 am

Andrew, I'm glad that you feel more comfortable booting people. It's hard, unpleasant and a drain but I think it keeps the league strong. Thanks for looking out for all of us!

vote yes

a drain...that is accurate! The end result is so worth it.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:27 am

I am also glad Andy is comfortable giving people the boot. laughing

But on the other hand, I don't feel safe.... shocking

ROFL

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:39 am

I don't know what's scarier, the fact that somebody painted that or that you took the time to look for... Or is that a Rob original painting

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:59 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
I don't know what's scarier, the fact that somebody painted that or that you took the time to look for... Or is that a Rob original painting

I think that is just a picture of Rob and his old lady actually.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:07 am

I haven't been getting some notifications- trades and waivers and such. Anyone else having this issue?

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:15 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
I haven't been getting some notifications- trades and waivers and such.  Anyone else having this issue?

Yes. I haven't gotten the last couple of DD trades I've seen posted.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:09 am

I wonder if it's one of those random times when mfl unchecks certain things from your notification list. Either of you check?

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:50 am

I'm not getting all the notifications either.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:01 pm

I'm not either. I typically get updates too. I will check cybertons stuff, maybe he had something unchecked.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:04 pm

Mines all checked. strange. I think I was missing DD stuff too

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:19 pm

Progressive Pot acquired Cybertron Screamers insurance money. +50

Pot stands at $768

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:43 am