Share | 

Random RWP info

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:28 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
That fish Andy caught is nowhere near as big as Andy said it is.

You shut your whore mouth. wink

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:26 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Singapore Slings wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Gentlemen, there is a reason for there being two sections as opposed to one...whereas there is no real good reason why you and others opt to not pay attention to certain sections/threads.  Speaking on behalf of those who read most if not all of what happens here I can confidently say that nothing feels fragmented or like a waste of time.

"There is a reason for there being two sections."
"There is a reason I pay more attention to a particular section than the others."

These are facts.

"There is no real good reason why you and others opt to not pay attention to certain sections/threads."
"It was better when the weekly articles were integrated into the leage section; splitting them makes the forum feel fragmented."

These are opinions.

I'm writing this because your post presented your opinions as facts, making you sound like an egotistical asshole. Or, worse, a politician. It is not your fault though, it's mine; I was the egotistical asshole stating opinions as facts when I amended Mike's comment to state - with authority - that the splitting sections fragmented the conversation. You were just responding in kind. I apologize for doing that.

With that said.... why would you assume we feel like any of these things are a waste of time? I wrote my original post because I was lamenting the fact that I forget about the articles being in a different place than they have been for the past three seasons. I'm sure I'll catch on (I've gotten better about it each week sor far.)

This is still the first lineup I set, and the first site I go to when I have a few free minutes. If I felt it were a waste of time, I would not be doing that.

6/10 For humor
1/10 for context

Did I sound butthurt?

No arguments here boys, just offering thoughts.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:55 pm

Gentlemen, there is a reason for there being two sections as opposed to one...whereas there is no real good reason why you and others opt to not pay attention to certain sections/threads.  Speaking on behalf of those who read most if not all of what happens here I can confidently say that nothing feels fragmented or like a waste of time.

I posted specifically about the fantasy content (the general RW section and the section for the articles). I pay attention to both of them. I just said that I believe having two sections that are pretty much about the same thing ends up fragmenting the conversation because there are more than one places where people are having the same discussion (i.e. in fragments). This has nothing to do with the sections that I don't pay attention to.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:46 pm

New England Nineties wrote:

I posted specifically about the fantasy content (the general RW section and the section for the articles). I pay attention to both of them. I just said that I believe having two sections that are pretty much about the same thing ends up fragmenting the conversation because there are more than one places where people are having the same discussion (i.e. in fragments). This has nothing to do with the sections that I don't pay attention to.

I wouldn't know that because I don't track which sections you or anyone else has chosen to give a damn about. Your preference on it doesn't supersede the reason they are separate.

You guys can think I am an asshole or whatever but the response you get from me on stuff like this is relative...some folks give a shit about everything and their opinion on layout means a bit more to me and I think that's fair. You guys do what you can/want with what we got.

I appreciate the feedback but I won't be making a change.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:27 pm

I wouldn't know that because I don't track which sections you or anyone else has chosen to give a damn about.  Your preference on it doesn't supersede the reason they are separate.

You guys can think I am an asshole or whatever but the response you get from me on stuff like this is relative...some folks give a shit about everything and their opinion on layout means a bit more to me and I think that's fair.  You guys do what you can/want with what we got.

Jesus Andy, it's really absurd how quick to take things personally. You guys can think I'm an asshole or whatever.

All I said was having two sections where there's discussion about the fantasy games seems to fragment the conversation. That's not even a preference, just an observation.

It has nothing to do with the sections I don't pay attention to.

It has nothing to do with "thinking you're an asshole."

It wasn't a complaint. It wasn't a criticism. I have no idea why you're acting like you're being attacked personally. It's like you need to exercise your drama muscles since Jason was booted out of the league or something. I'm sorry, but I'm not him.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:14 pm

I wouldn't know that because I don't track which sections you or anyone else has chosen to give a damn about.  Your preference on it doesn't supersede the reason they are separate.

You guys can think I am an asshole or whatever but the response you get from me on stuff like this is relative...some folks give a shit about everything and their opinion on layout means a bit more to me and I think that's fair.  You guys do what you can/want with what we got.

Jesus Andy, it's really absurd how quick to take things personally. You guys can think I'm an asshole or whatever.

All I said was having two sections where there's discussion about the fantasy games seems to fragment the conversation. That's not even a preference, just an observation.

It has nothing to do with the sections I don't pay attention to.

It has nothing to do with "thinking you're an asshole."

It wasn't a complaint. It wasn't a criticism. I have no idea why you're acting like you're being attacked personally. It's like you need to exercise your drama muscles since Jason was booted out of the league or something. I'm sorry, but I'm not him.

Sounds like you are putting emotion in me that wasn't there sir. I didn't take anything personal.

The "asshole" comment stems from Tony saying I sound like an asshole a few posts back but maybe you skipped that one. wink

All your saying is that two sections fragments the conversation. Got it. I just don't care.

You're right...I have to exercise my drama muscle. I have a different name for it but you can call it that if you want.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:20 pm

Ugh...sorry folks. I just realized it's Thursday and that I didn't do my article this morning recapping week 3. I will do it in the morning.

Seriously, the days/weeks go by so ridiculously fast....I am gonna be in a nursing home in the blink of an eye it seems.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:28 pm

Ugh...sorry folks.  I just realized it's Thursday and that I didn't do my article this morning recapping week 3.  I will do it in the morning.

Seriously, the days/weeks go by so ridiculously fast....I am gonna be in a nursing home in the blink of an eye it seems.

Just a bit ironic.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:31 am

Ugh...sorry folks.  I just realized it's Thursday and that I didn't do my article this morning recapping week 3.  I will do it in the morning.

no no no nono nono nono bang head on wall bang head on wall bang head on wall

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:34 am

I know.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:18 am

Did we not used to have a poll about who was loser of the week? I vote Andy this week!

cheers

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:44 am

DON'T BLINK!

rolleyes

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:53 pm

2 without survivor picks
2 without NFL Pick'em

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:56 am

got scared... had to go check

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:03 pm

I bombed out so picking was useless. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:06 pm

Football tonight...

Don't be the tard who fails to enter their survivor pick or pick'ems!!!

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:44 pm

Football tonight...

Don't be the tard who fails to enter their survivor pick or pick'ems!!!

Oh cool! Thanks for reminding me!!!

Oh wait....... That's right, I've been eliminated from the survivor pool........ Because I SUCK! doh

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:41 pm

Gotta say, while nobody is getting penalized there were several inactive players in lineups today. Most of them were true gametime decisions so that shit happens but a few are truly poor management by the owner.

Those folks should lose. I hope they do.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:56 pm

Unspeakable shame if I lose against 3 players out. And it looks likely. Ouch.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:53 pm

It's overtime season at work so if I am slow on anything, that's likely why. My Thursday "In The Books" article will be done Thursday night if I work during the day. Now you know.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:29 pm

Just an FYI....

The trade between the Goon Squad and the Nineties is good. There was an issue because Dion Lewis had already played for the Goon Squad. Eric wanted to edit his lineup on the defensive side and was unable to because the system knew that DL needed to be in the lineup and was no longer there for Eric to save his lineup. Therefore, Mike had to send DL back in order for Eric to edit his lineup.

No biggie. Now you know.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:39 am

I've encountered that before. Weird that MFL can't cope with a player being traded away but still being in a line-up - not like Eric was trying to take Lewis out. All the Thursday players selection boxes are greyed out once the game kicks off so it's not like you can change their selection.

scratch

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:55 am

I just read Andy's post on the explanation. Reading that early Sunday morning with a candy hangover just blew my mind. I had to read it twice to understand it.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:09 am

thanks for posting that andy - wasnt sure how to explain and was in a hurry last night was going to do it today

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:27 pm

All good. Thanks to you and Mike for getting it done.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:10 am

Halloween on Saturday rules.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:11 am

And on fall back clock is even better.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:51 pm

At work, on my phone, in the bathroom with 2 minutes til kickoff...countered an offer, trade accepted and set my lineup with 42 seconds to spare so as to not have a DOUBTFUL in the lineup.

I think I should get the win for that.

What's your excuse gonna be? Should I listen to it? Pfft.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:54 pm

Surely this has happened before, but I never noticed. Accidental loophole or working as intended?

Welker picked up in both leagues on Monday night, after his team's game but before MFL assigned him to the team.

Disclaimer: I don't want to roster Welker

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:43 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Surely this has happened before, but I never noticed.  Accidental  loophole or working as intended?

Welker picked up in both leagues on Monday night, after his team's game but before MFL assigned him to the team.

I never noticed either but the way the MFL system is setup, a player is available until their game starts or (in the case of FAs) the start of the last game of the week.

I am not sure what we would want to do about this situation but someone can make a proposal to me if they wish.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:48 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Surely this has happened before, but I never noticed.  Accidental  loophole or working as intended?

I never noticed either but the way the MFL system is setup, a player is available until their game starts or (in the case of FAs) the start of the last game of the week.

I am not sure what we would want to do about this situation but someone can make a proposal to me if they wish.

I don't see a reasonable, manual option for this. Only viable solution I can see is a help ticket to MFL. Free agents should be locked at Thursdays kickoff. I could see an issue with that too though if a player gets picked up by an NFL team on a Friday and plays on Sunday, but I still think that player should go through our waiver process.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:05 pm

I am dealing with computer issues so if I am spotty the next day/week that's probably why....hopefully I can solve this shit soon.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:21 pm

I am dealing with computer issues so if I am spotty the next day/week that's probably why....hopefully I can solve this shit soon.

Your sauce... is weak bro. Evil laugh

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:14 pm

Locking NFL FAs on Thursday sounds right to me.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:01 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:

Your sauce... is weak bro.  Evil laugh

If by sauce you mean Windows 10 on my laptop then I agree.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:03 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Locking NFL FAs on Thursday sounds right to me.

Maybe.

I'm trying to play out scenarios in my head where I want to add a FA on say Friday, not being allowed to based on this idea, and then by Tuesday the player is targeted by many when I was on it days earlier.

Hmmm.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:47 pm

How about...lock 'em all. Then a claim is made in the franchise's thread providing a time stamp and you can manually add them to the appropriate team(s)?

It shouldn't happen often enough to be a pain.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:52 pm

Is it me or is anyone else envisioning Corey and Andy sitting on opposite ends of Andy's couch posting messages here from their smartphones?

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:57 pm

Personally, I think the current system setup is just fine. Yes, St. Louis played their Week 9 game on Sunday... Welker signed with the Rams on Monday afternoon. So technically, he shouldn't be locked until his team plays their next game, which would be Week 10's game. I don't think this happens more than once or twice a season during the year and is pretty cut and dry. Locking NFL Free Agents before they sign with a team is pretty stupid in my mind. Once the player is signed, he should be locked once his team actually plays a game after the signing, which as I said, would be their week 10 game.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:58 pm

Why would we lock the free agents when they aren't on a team? All players are locked at the start of the Monday night game to go through the bidding process. If someone is signed mid-day on Monday, he should be fair game to those paying attention.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:00 pm

I think that the solution is right in front of everyone.  From what I gather, there is a benefit to adding a guy when he's on a team because if he becomes a free agent you get a free drop.  But if you pick up a guy that is a free agent, then you don't get a free drop if he becomes a free agent again.

Assuming that I'm correct, and because you can only pull off this trick when a guy is listed in MFL as a FA, there is a built in penalty to using it, i.e. you cannot drop the guy if he doesn't get signed or if he becomes a free agent at some point.  If you're willing to take that risk to sign a guy like Welker, god bless you and let's move on.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:02 pm

Why would we lock the free agents when they aren't on a team?  All players are locked at the start of the Monday night game to go through the bidding process.  If someone is signed mid-day on Monday, he should be fair game to those paying attention.

Right this minute, I am with ya on this. I am open to others thoughts but this is rare and not a big deal. Welker isn't gonna do dick and neither will most players in this position and I am all about the early bird getting the worm (within reason) and this doesn't really seem like something that we HAVE TO get wrapped up in.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:30 pm

Why would we lock the free agents when they aren't on a team?  All players are locked at the start of the Monday night game to go through the bidding process.  If someone is signed mid-day on Monday, he should be fair game to those paying attention.

Right this minute, I am with ya on this.  I am open to others thoughts but this is rare and not a big deal.  Welker isn't gonna do dick and neither will most players in this position and I am all about the early bird getting the worm (within reason) and this doesn't really seem like something that we HAVE TO get wrapped up in.

This is all very true. Someone that you are picking up off of waivers isn't going to do dick. So let's just scrap the blind bidding process altogether.

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:59 pm

To counter Rob's point, why is there a reason to make an exception to the waivers schedule? In this case, it was an exploit of MFL timing. He should have been locked, but MFL hadn't updated his status yet.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:22 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
To counter Rob's point, why is there a reason to make an exception to the waivers schedule?  In this case, it was an exploit of MFL timing.  He should have been locked, but MFL hadn't updated his status yet.

No, he wouldn't have been locked even if MFL updated his status that minute he was signed. He wasn't on the Rams for their Week 9 game... He was signed the next day which would put him on the Rams' Week 10 roster, not week 9.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:50 pm

Personally, I think the current system setup is just fine.

This.

Josh Gordon was a free agent non-waiver pick up over the off-season after the supplemental draft. Nobody cared about that. I think we can handle league-shifting free agents like the rotting husk of Wes Welker being signed in week 9.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:54 pm

I agree with all this. No reason to have rules for every little thing. Let's just throw out all of the rule book and call it good as is.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:05 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
To counter Rob's point, why is there a reason to make an exception to the waivers schedule?  In this case, it was an exploit of MFL timing.  He should have been locked, but MFL hadn't updated his status yet.

No, he wouldn't have been locked even if MFL updated his status that minute he was signed.  He wasn't on the Rams for their Week 9 game... He was signed the next day which would put him on the Rams' Week 10 roster, not week 9.

Which should make him locked for week 10 though, right?

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:14 pm

Right this minute, I am with ya on this.  I am open to others thoughts but this is rare and not a big deal.  Welker isn't gonna do dick and neither will most players in this position and I am all about the early bird getting the worm (within reason) and this doesn't really seem like something that we HAVE TO get wrapped up in.

agree

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:58 pm

I don't think we should lock FAs snd not allow an owner to pick one up whenever he wants.  

It would be cool though if MFL had a setup where all FAs are only on blind bidding.  That way everybody has an equal opportunity to bid on the player, instead of one guy just getting him because he knew about it faster than someone else

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random RWP info   

Back to top Go down

Random RWP info
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: