:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Mario Williams DE BUF

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Mario Williams DE BUF   Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:50 am

That is right. It seems MFL moved him back to DL. I did not see where they updated players. Is this just a tease or a perment move back?????

eating popcorn eating popcorn eating popcorn

pray2 pray2 pray2

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Mario Williams DE BUF   Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:11 pm

I think he'll stay put. The only way it makes sense to me is if it's Hughes and Lawson at OLB, Williams and Williams at DE and Dareus at DT.

From what I can tell, in this type of 3-4, it's more of a 4-6 like this:

So Kyle Williams should be pretty much be playing that DT spot on the left, but will more than likely be listed as a DE, since the "base" formations are always 3-4 or 4-3.
Mario will probably fill in as the RE on the right side of the diagram.
Hughes as the SLB, and Lawson occasionally coming in as a 4th LB when the nickle isn't out there.

At least, this is how I assume it will play out. Who knows, I'm sure Rex will show a ton of different looks.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Mario Williams DE BUF   Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:49 pm

(AP) wrote:
 High-priced defensive end Mario Williams will be cut by the Bills this offseason, a person with direct knowledge of discussions told The Associated Press. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the team does not publicly discuss its player personnel plans.  No timetable was provided as to when Williams will be cut, but the person said the team's top pass-rushing threat's final game will be Buffalo's home game against the New York Jets (10-5). The Bills (7-8) have already been eliminated from the playoffs.

Williams has become expendable because his contract is deemed to be too expensive, and also because he has struggled to make the transition to the defensive system introduced this year by Ryan. Williams has two years left on the six-year, $100 million contract he signed in free agency in 2012.He is set make an $11.5 million base salary next year. By cutting Williams, the Bills will save more than $12 million under the NFL's salary cap.

Buffalo News wrote:
An anonymous Bills teammate says LE Mario Williams has been giving "zero effort" this season.
Williams has four sacks in 852 snaps. "The tape speaks for itself," the teammate said. "He takes two steps and stops." The player claimed many of Williams' teammates have been "beyond furious" with his play. Whether it's a lack of effort, poor scheme fit or both, it's looking certain that Week 17 was Williams' final game in a Bills uniform.  

No surprise if you owned him anywhere this season... vote no

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Mario Williams DE BUF   Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:04 pm

Super Mario! Ehhhhhh.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Mario Williams DE BUF   Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:32 pm

Quote :
Bills released DE Mario Williams.
ESPN's Josina Anderson reports Williams has been told he will be released, but it is as good as official. The expected move will save Buffalo $12.9 million against the cap. A poor fit in Rex Ryan's scheme, Williams recorded just five sacks and was a headache in the locker room last season. Just a year removed from an All-Pro campaign, Williams should receive plenty of interest on the open market.

Super mario on the open market. He needs to be in a 4-3 IMO.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Mario Williams DE BUF   Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:42 pm

Please land in a 4-3, please land in a 4-3...

pray2

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Mario Williams DE BUF   Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:50 pm

I'm gonna guess Philly... Go to Schwartz's wide-9. When Schwartz was coaching the Lie-downs, he wanted him before signing with Buffalo. Wait.. was Williams in Buffalo with Schwartz???

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Mario Williams DE BUF   Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:54 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I'm gonna guess Philly... Go to Schwartz's wide-9.   When Schwartz was coaching the Lie-downs, he wanted him before signing with Buffalo.    Wait.. was Williams in Buffalo with Schwartz???

Yes, they were together in 2014.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Mario Williams DE BUF   Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:32 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Please land in a 4-3, please land in a 4-3...

pray2

If he can get back to this he will probably restart his career. A lot of players that go from a 4-3 to a 3-4 have issues. Just not natural for them

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Mario Williams DE BUF   Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:38 pm

Garbage. Always has been, always will be. He's never had any sort of consistency on meaningful snaps.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Mario Williams DE BUF   Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:07 am

I'd love to see him get back to a 4-3.  I just got into IDP but people had him as a top DE and then his value tanked when Buffalo switched to the 3-4.  I'm thinking that he could be a value play right now but that you could see a sharp rise in his value as we get closer to the regular season.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Mario Williams DE BUF   Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:07 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I'd love to see him get back to a 4-3.  I just got into IDP but people had him as a top DE and then his value tanked when Buffalo switched to the 3-4.  I'm thinking that he could be a value play right now but that you could see a sharp rise in his value as we get closer to the regular season.

I agree, It'd be nice to see him land in a 4-3, but any value he regains will need to be before he steps on the field. I just don't think hes got much left. If he signs with a 4-3 team, I'll look to abandon ship as quickly as I can.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Mario Williams DE BUF   Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:04 am

Quote :
NFL: Report: Dolphins, Mario Williams nearing deal

Dolphins spending coin all over. Dream Team 2?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Mario Williams DE BUF   Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:35 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :

I know they restructured Suh to get room. Yeah, that won't come back to bite them in a few years.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Mario Williams DE BUF   Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:50 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Quote :

I know they restructured Suh to get room.  Yeah, that won't come back to bite them in a few years.

Just keep pushing it down the line, it is the NFL way.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Mario Williams DE BUF   Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:23 am

Looks official now.

Defensive end Mario Williams has agreed to a two-year contract with the Miami Dolphins worth $17 million, including incentives that can push the deal to $20 million, Williams confirmed to ESPN's Josina Anderson.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Williams DE BUF   

Back to top Go down

Mario Williams DE BUF
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: