HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 
 

 RW Contracts - discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5894

PostSubject: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:21 pm

Always interesting to see the different approaches by owners with roster size, length of contracts in general, at diff positions etc.

I'm most intrigued by those people handing out 5,6+ year deals. How many players (over say the last decade) have been fantasy relevant for that long? How many of those are not QBs?
At what point does a long contract change from being a great way to retain players to an albatross that means you can't get him off your roster... (See Minter, Kevin  mock )

Will be worth following over time methinks


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20282

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:34 pm

Well you must love my contracts then.

Winston, Jameis TBB QB 6
Gordon, Melvin SDC RB 7
Gurley, Todd STL RB 6
Abdullah, Ameer DET RB 7
Riley, Perry WAS LB 5

It's just so expensive to retain top tier talent that I don't hesitate handing out longer deals to guys that I think will succeed in the NFL. To me Gurley is the only real risk of the above.


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:36 pm

25 war bucks would be a brutal hit to drop Minter. Too bad he didn't end up like Kuechly or Mosley.


Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1188

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:42 pm

Just only draft great players and youll be fine tongue


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:44 pm

Just think. If Minter was given a 4 year deal instead of a 7 year deal, that team could have used that 15 war bucks on Josh McCown.


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:47 pm

A 6 yr contract is pretty much my max... part of that is I am usually not comfortable with more than that and the other part is I usually carry a roster on the larger side for depth...

That said, I did not hesitate to slap a 6 yr deal on Gordon this year and I am happy about that one!


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2389

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:03 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Well you must love my contracts then.  

Winston, Jameis TBB QB 6
Gordon, Melvin SDC RB 7
Gurley, Todd STL RB 6
Abdullah, Ameer DET RB 7
Riley, Perry WAS LB 5

It's just so expensive to retain top tier talent that I don't hesitate handing out longer deals to guys that I think will succeed in the NFL.  To me Gurley is the only real risk of the above.

You have a lot of faith in RB longevity


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:10 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Well you must love my contracts then.  

Winston, Jameis TBB QB 6
Gordon, Melvin SDC RB 7
Gurley, Todd STL RB 6
Abdullah, Ameer DET RB 7
Riley, Perry WAS LB 5

It's just so expensive to retain top tier talent that I don't hesitate handing out longer deals to guys that I think will succeed in the NFL.  To me Gurley is the only real risk of the above.

You have a lot of faith in RB longevity

No kidding. That's like Arian Foster old. Not as long as Forte or Lynch or Charles or Peterson, but those kind of guys don't come around every day.


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:30 pm

Perry Riley, haha talk about locking in mediocrity...


Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3587

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:52 pm

My general rule is 4 years max. Make exceptions for the "special" players but most guys others would put 5 or 6 years on only get 4 from me. Can't imagine more than 4 on a RB. Or a defensive player. QB and WR are usually the candidates for more.

Josh Gordon was "special" and got 6 years...I just misread what kind of special he was. (jerk!)


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:24 pm

I think it's cool seeing 2 teams with a 22-14 record that have gotten there with different strategies. It goes to show what a flexible league this is.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23356

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:42 pm

My short memory doesn't recall the names but I know I entered a couple contracts that I was laughing at. We all like to think we have it figured out but only time will tell. I don't have a determined max but it would take a lot for me to go over 6 years.


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2389

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:18 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
My short memory doesn't recall the names but I know I entered a couple contracts that I was laughing  at.  We all like to think we have it figured out but only time will tell.  I don't have a determined max but it would take a lot for me to go over 6 years.

I had a hard time convincing myself to sign anyone longer than 3, I probably would have gone 5 or 6 with white and 4-5 with Gordon but those are really the only rookies I have 100% confidence in.


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8907

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:21 pm

Always interesting to see how people handle contracts.

It's a real risk / reward balance. Getting that uber stud on a 6 year deal is a massive advantage but if he turns out to be a Minter then it's painful.

One of the many awesome features of the best dynasty league in the worldTM


Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2389

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:47 pm

Minter will always be a dirty word at Muskies Headquarters... Thanks Shawn poking


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:33 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Minter will always be a dirty word at Muskies Headquarters... Thanks Shawn poking

Have no fear. I will soon have a team full of Kevin Minters. Then everyone will forget about him.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23356

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:17 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:
Minter will always be a dirty word at Muskies Headquarters... Thanks Shawn poking

Have no fear. I will soon have a team full of Kevin Minters. Then everyone will forget about him.

Yeah...when I hear the name Kevin Minter I do not think "Muskies"......I think "Shawn" and then I lol3


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:35 pm

It's way cheaper to cut a bad existing contract in this league than to extend a good expired one. Five years is more or less my minimum for players I draft early. If I don't feel good enough to give them five years, I wouldn't have drafted them. Doesn't always work out of course, but that's drafting.


Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3068

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:54 pm

I agree. Dropping someone and eating a few WBs isn't the end of the world. High priced talent goes for a lot of WBs in the auction.

That being said, I can't stand looking at that Justin Hunter contract that I inherited.


Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3587

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:55 pm

Work emergency on a Friday night means it's all on me to fix. A state's worth of Chipotles don't have good avos to open with tomorrow. Aaaaand I'm fucked. This is why you don't wait until the last 6 hours to do all the contract math. Missouri and Oklahoma, beware the dumbass driving an 18-wheeler with his knees. vote no


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:55 pm

[quote="New England Nineties"]It's way cheaper to cut a bad existing contract in this league than to extend a good expired one. Five years is more or less my minimum for players I draft early. If I don't feel good enough to give them five years, I wouldn't have drafted them. Doesn't always work out of course, but that's drafting.[/quote]

True but for every good one there are typically multiple bad so it's not quite so straightforward

BTW this thread is not meant to imply that I'm a short contract guy or that 5+ is bad...


Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders
 
 
avatar

Posts : 20282

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:02 pm

New England Nineties wrote:
It's way cheaper to cut a bad existing contract in this league than to extend a good expired one. Five years is more or less my minimum for players I draft early. If I don't feel good enough to give them five years, I wouldn't have drafted them. Doesn't always work out of course, but that's drafting.

Hey look! We agree!


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8298

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:12 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
New England Nineties wrote:
It's way cheaper to cut a bad existing contract in this league than to extend a good expired one. Five years is more or less my minimum for players I draft early. If I don't feel good enough to give them five years, I wouldn't have drafted them. Doesn't always work out of course, but that's drafting.

Hey look!  We agree!
Yup, Mike makes a lot of sense. You %$^ dont have confidence in your picks sign them to 1 year deals the rest of us will sign long term! bam...


Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5713

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:30 pm

New England Nineties wrote:
It's way cheaper to cut a bad existing contract in this league than to extend a good expired one. Five years is more or less my minimum for players I draft early. If I don't feel good enough to give them five years, I wouldn't have drafted them. Doesn't always work out of course, but that's drafting.

pay attention

good post


Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5713

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:32 pm

I just agreed with both Mike and Justin.....


I think I am getting sick. Must lie down..... carted off


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3625

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:22 pm

I like giving rookies, that I draft, a minimum of 5 years and a max of 8 years.  Confused why people would give a drafted player less than 5 years?   shrug


Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2002

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:46 pm

Because I was a fucking retard during free agency.


Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:11 pm

Because they drafted Arthur Brown?


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23356

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:50 pm

I'll only point out that while Mike's post makes sense, if you have enough turds then technically you face a high cost to punt those years or just sit and stare at them which sucks.

Not just one way to skin a cat.


Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2002

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:18 am

The one and only real big contract I've given out was to Burfict, on a SFT. Had a few stinkers though... Pitta, on a Franchise Tag, after season 1. Colin McCarthy, coming out of the startup draft.


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:38 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I'll only point out that while Mike's post makes sense, if you have enough turds then technically you face a high cost to punt those years or just sit and stare at them which sucks.

Not just one way to skin a cat.

So basically what I said laughing


Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6064

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:07 pm

I think 1 or 2 longer termed contracts isnt a bad idea. I was hesitant on a few contracts because I am worried a couple more of our players will carry a guy in NYC or smoke some dope or beat their dog.



Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4409

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:59 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I like giving rookies, that I draft, a minimum of 5 years and a max of 8 years.  Confused why people would give a drafted player less than 5 years?   shrug
I thought you were talking about early round picks but I went and looked and you actually gave your 6th rounder 5 years... and allocated 36 years for the 6 players you drafted. I feel like that's not sustainable if you make 6 picks a year.


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:32 pm

New England Nineties wrote:
It's way cheaper to cut a bad existing contract in this league than to extend a good expired one. Five years is more or less my minimum for players I draft early. If I don't feel good enough to give them five years, I wouldn't have drafted them. Doesn't always work out of course, but that's drafting.

Absolutely agree with Mike.

Coleman, Tevin ATL RB - 4
Coates, Sammie PIT WR - 4
Allen, Dwayne IND TE - 4
Beasley, Vic ATL DE - 5
Cox, Fletcher PHI DE - 4
Gregory, Randy DAL DE - 4
Williams, Leonard NYJ DE - 5
Perryman, Denzel SDC LB - 4
Mack, Khalil OAK LB - 4
Clowney, Jadeveon HOU LB - 4

I also listed Mack/Clowney from last year. Here's my reality, what if I only gave Clowney 2-3 years last year and he bursts out late this year? Then he becomes very expensive to keep, but, if he continues as he is, I drop him for $15 next year.

I also believe the better IDP talent stands a much higher chance of being Fantasy relevant in 5-6 years.


Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3068

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:03 pm

You still have to hit on the players. At some point, the 120 years becomes an issue. To roster a team each week you need a minimum of 40 players. Thats only an average of 3 years per person.


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:15 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
To roster a team each week you need a minimum of 40 players.

Did you pull that number out of a hat?


Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3068

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:51 pm

When you are starting 22 players each week, along with injuries and bye weeks you will need that many or you will be scrambling to avoid fines by not being able to field a full team each week. 40 man roster is the minimum in my mind that you need.


Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:04 pm

Decatur Freakshow wrote:
New England Nineties wrote:
It's way cheaper to cut a bad existing contract in this league than to extend a good expired one. Five years is more or less my minimum for players I draft early. If I don't feel good enough to give them five years, I wouldn't have drafted them. Doesn't always work out of course, but that's drafting.

Absolutely agree with Mike.

Coleman, Tevin ATL RB - 4
Coates, Sammie PIT WR - 4
Allen, Dwayne IND TE - 4
Beasley, Vic ATL DE - 5
Cox, Fletcher PHI DE - 4
Gregory, Randy DAL DE - 4
Williams, Leonard NYJ DE - 5
Perryman, Denzel SDC LB - 4
Mack, Khalil OAK LB - 4
Clowney, Jadeveon HOU LB - 4

I also listed Mack/Clowney from last year. Here's my reality, what if I only gave Clowney 2-3 years last year and he bursts out late this year? Then he becomes very expensive to keep, but, if he continues as he is, I drop him for $15 next year.

I also believe the better IDP talent stands a much higher chance of being Fantasy relevant in 5-6 years.

You claim to agree with Mike but hardly gave out any 5 year deals and none longer. That's not really what he said...


Back to top Go down
California Nightmare
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2562

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Decatur Freakshow wrote:
New England Nineties wrote:
It's way cheaper to cut a bad existing contract in this league than to extend a good expired one. Five years is more or less my minimum for players I draft early. If I don't feel good enough to give them five years, I wouldn't have drafted them. Doesn't always work out of course, but that's drafting.

Absolutely agree with Mike.

Coleman, Tevin ATL RB - 4
Coates, Sammie PIT WR - 4
Allen, Dwayne IND TE - 4
Beasley, Vic ATL DE - 5
Cox, Fletcher PHI DE - 4
Gregory, Randy DAL DE - 4
Williams, Leonard NYJ DE - 5
Perryman, Denzel SDC LB - 4
Mack, Khalil OAK LB - 4
Clowney, Jadeveon HOU LB - 4

I also listed Mack/Clowney from last year. Here's my reality, what if I only gave Clowney 2-3 years last year and he bursts out late this year? Then he becomes very expensive to keep, but, if he continues as he is, I drop him for $15 next year.

I also believe the better IDP talent stands a much higher chance of being Fantasy relevant in 5-6 years.

You claim to agree with Mike but hardly gave out any 5 year deals and none longer. That's not really what he said...

I think he was agreeing with the... it's way cheaper to cut a shitty existing contract part.


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:50 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
When you are starting 22 players each week, along with injuries and bye weeks you will need that many or you will be scrambling to avoid fines by not being able to field a full team each week.  40 man roster is the minimum in my mind that you need.

By "scramble," do you mean click on the waivers button? I'd say my minimum size would be 27 players.


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8907

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:18 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:
When you are starting 22 players each week, along with injuries and bye weeks you will need that many or you will be scrambling to avoid fines by not being able to field a full team each week.  40 man roster is the minimum in my mind that you need.

By "scramble," do you mean click on the waivers button? I'd say my minimum size would be 27 players.

I'd love to see a team have the balls to go in to week 1 with 27 players. They'd have no chance. None.

no



Back to top Go down
New England Nineties
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:37 am

Just to be clear, I was saying 5 years minimum for 1st round picks. Obviously the later you go, the less likely it is that you're going to hit on a player. That's actually something I wish we could address somehow - to me, late round picks in this league are not very valuable because it costs the same (in terms of contract years) to gamble on a 5th round player as it does to sign a 1st round player. Most of my late round picks are 1 year fliers.


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:39 am

England Dragons wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:
When you are starting 22 players each week, along with injuries and bye weeks you will need that many or you will be scrambling to avoid fines by not being able to field a full team each week.  40 man roster is the minimum in my mind that you need.

By "scramble," do you mean click on the waivers button? I'd say my minimum size would be 27 players.

I'd love to see a team have the balls to go in to week 1 with 27 players. They'd have no chance. None.

no


Challenge accepted.


Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3068

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:08 am

Mike, I disagree. Your issue is exactly what makes the format perfect. The 120 years forces you to make tough choices on late round picks. Every now and then, a late round pick finds good fantasy value. Usually it is a low number contract, which causes that good player to hit the RFA quicker, which helps turn over the WBs. I find that one of the more exciting aspects of RFA and deciding how to divide up the 120 years.


Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3068

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:09 am

Shawn, the waiver wire is usually pretty slim pickings at that point in the season. You may be able to avoid fines, but no way will the team be competitive. I think you need a full team of starters to win on a consistent basis. Just my opinion.


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:43 am

Naperville Divine wrote:
Shawn,  the waiver wire is usually pretty slim pickings at that point in the season.  You may be able to avoid fines, but no way will the team be competitive.  I think you need a full team of starters to win on a consistent basis.  Just my opinion.

Nah, there's always someone there that you can plug and play in this league. 2cents


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3625

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:47 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I like giving rookies, that I draft, a minimum of 5 years and a max of 8 years.  Confused why people would give a drafted player less than 5 years?   shrug
I thought you were talking about early round picks but I went and looked and you actually gave your 6th rounder 5 years... and allocated 36 years for the 6 players you drafted. I feel like that's not sustainable if you make 6 picks a year.

I just did the math and you are right, but this may not happen every year.  I usually only divy out long contracts to players that land in prime spots to be immediate starters.  With the exception of Matt Jones and Jordan Hicks this year.  

So it will all depend year by year, how many contract years I give to later round picks.  This year was different because my LB's and S all landed in guaranteed day 1 starting gigs, so I had to give them lengthy contracts.  

I kinda hate signing short contracts, because if and when they break out in their 3rd year, I will have to fight with other teams during FA to try and retain that player.  It just makes more sense to me, that you give them at least a 5 year deal and you avoid the FA mess all together.


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:58 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Decatur Freakshow wrote:
New England Nineties wrote:
It's way cheaper to cut a bad existing contract in this league than to extend a good expired one. Five years is more or less my minimum for players I draft early. If I don't feel good enough to give them five years, I wouldn't have drafted them. Doesn't always work out of course, but that's drafting.

Absolutely agree with Mike.

Coleman, Tevin ATL RB - 4
Coates, Sammie PIT WR - 4
Allen, Dwayne IND TE - 4
Beasley, Vic ATL DE - 5
Cox, Fletcher PHI DE - 4
Gregory, Randy DAL DE - 4
Williams, Leonard NYJ DE - 5
Perryman, Denzel SDC LB - 4
Mack, Khalil OAK LB - 4
Clowney, Jadeveon HOU LB - 4

I also listed Mack/Clowney from last year. Here's my reality, what if I only gave Clowney 2-3 years last year and he bursts out late this year? Then he becomes very expensive to keep, but, if he continues as he is, I drop him for $15 next year.

I also believe the better IDP talent stands a much higher chance of being Fantasy relevant in 5-6 years.

You claim to agree with Mike but hardly gave out any 5 year deals and none longer. That's not really what he said...

As was noted, it was more along the "shitty player" idea. That being said, the last two years, 4 of them with 5 and a larger number with 4. These are not even 1st rounders, but, most of those are Offense always anyway.


Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6574

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:01 pm

New England Nineties wrote:
Just to be clear, I was saying 5 years minimum for 1st round picks. Obviously the later you go, the less likely it is that you're going to hit on a player. That's actually something I wish we could address somehow - to me, late round picks in this league are not very valuable because it costs the same (in terms of contract years) to gamble on a 5th round player as it does to sign a 1st round player. Most of my late round picks are 1 year fliers.

Interesting idea, but not sure I agree.

Most of the good IDP do not go till the late 2nd or 3rd. While I understand the thinking, here, they ARE valuable. Look back over the years, I'm too lazy, but it might be interesting to see how many of the say first 12 IDP's are around, while some of the REAL 1st rounders are mediocre to busts.

Of course, Arthur Brown will be excluded from this........

lol3


Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1188

PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:34 pm

The minimum number of players:
A) without utilizing waivers
B) assuming perfect bye week distribution

22 starters + 10 bye week players (1 each position)
-------------
32


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: RW Contracts - discussion   

Back to top Go down
 
RW Contracts - discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: