:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Dallas Spurs (David)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dallas Spurs

PostSubject: Dallas Spurs (David)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:11 pm

I just joined the forum and thought I would introduce myself.  

I am in my late 50s (ouch), retired after a long career in  the financial markets in London, England.

I am a Brit from the UK and moved full time  to the USA a few years ago. I recently moved to live in Dallas Texas and so far really enjoy life in the Lone Star state.

I am married with 2 adult kids. My daughter is married and lives in NYC , my son works in Sydney Australia .So between visiting the 2 of them my wife and I get to travel a lot.

My daughter is pregnant and is expecting around Thanksgiving day so we are going to be Grand Parents . A pretty scary thought as i have just got used to being a Parent!

I have been following the NFL since the early 80s but only discovered fantasy football 3 years ago but now I cant imagine life without it. A uk friend of mine asked me to join a free league hosted on the NFL site in May of 2013 ( 9 man team , regular scoring etc) and following the draft I was completely hooked. I joined a few dynasty premium sites and have tried to immerse myself with as much info as i can. I look forward to each season as I to continue my education and attempt to compete.

I go to as many live NFL games as possible and this season have season tickets for The Cowboys .My ambition is  to go to as many stadiums as I can while visiting Cities within the USA and getting to know the country better.

This will be my 3rd season competing in Fantasy Football and I have really improved in my understanding (it wasn't hard as my knowledge was at zero ). A steep learning curve but its really worth it.

I “know” a few of your members (Kingdom City and DDT) and Andy has done some exceptional graphic work for me in the past . Kingdom City Growlers suggested I join the forum and try to get into the “Minor League” .Quite honestly if KCG feels so strongly about RW then already thats good enough for me . I also know how committed Andy is as a commish . I really like the look of your site not only the graphics but the forum and the obvious desire you all have to keep Roster Wars as the premier league site

I am really hopeful of being a founder member of the Redraft “Minor League “ however I really will understand if you think my level of experience isnt what you need but you can always have fun kicking this Brit around the Fantasy field !

David
GinsTwin
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:13 pm

Welcome, come in and pull up a seat. Good crew, and I have only been around for a bit.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:13 pm

Nice to have a fellow Brit around. Which part of the UK are you from?

cheers

Back to top Go down
Dallas Spurs

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:14 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Welcome, come in and pull up a seat. Good crew, and I have only been around for a bit.

Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to being here.
Back to top Go down
Dallas Spurs

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:16 pm

England Dragons wrote:

cheers

I am originally from Essex but moved to Herts and worked in London all my working life. Moved to USA a few years ago and now live in Texas.

Big Tottenham Hotspur fan for my sins!

Where are you based?
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:22 pm

Ginstwin wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

cheers

I am originally from Essex but moved to Herts and worked in London all my working life.  Moved to USA a few years ago and now live in Texas.

Where are you based?

Cool. I'm from Leicester - never moved. Jealous - living in the USA with family in Australia sounds pretty ideal to me!

laughing

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:25 pm

Welcome to RW...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:00 pm

Welcome David. I remember seeing GinsTwin in some of Carla's leagues. Stick around and have fun.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:02 pm

Ginstwin wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

cheers

I am originally from Essex but moved to Herts and worked in London all my working life.  Moved to USA a few years ago and now live in Texas.

Where are you based?

Spurs.  wedgie

Welcome, nice that Jon has a comrade in arms.    

Arsenal fan myself. :)

and Jon ... just joined my first soccer fantasy league even though you said not to join... In the midst of my draft right now.  haha  But, it is H2H (which I like) vs. best XI or rotisserie style.  Maybe we'll be able to merge NFL type fantasy with EPL.

Back to top Go down
Dallas Spurs

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:22 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Ginstwin wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

cheers

Where are you based?

Spurs.  wedgie

Welcome, nice that Jon has a comrade in arms.    

Arsenal fan myself. :)

and Jon ... just joined my first soccer fantasy league even though you said not to join... In the midst of my draft right now.  haha  But, it is H2H (which I like) vs. best XI or rotisserie style.  Maybe we'll be able to merge NFL type fantasy with EPL.

Thanks for the welcome. Arsxxx fan no! I am sure during the season I will be able to convince you to switch allegiances .

Funny you mention Soccer Fantasy leagues. I had to stop entering them as i seriously couldnt stop picking spurs players and refused to pick Arsxxx one. Needless to say i always lost laughing
Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm

Nice.  Well, at least you had Kane.

I just made my first ever picks of a 14 teamer... I was at the turn.. so I had 1.14 and 2.01   (Sigurdson and Benteke)... So nervous about Benteke going to be ruined by the Reds, but whatever.   It was him or Giroud (who is probably safer, but less upside).    Oh well, it'll be interesting to see how it goes.  

Funny you had to stop entering them.. I'm thinking I may start getting tooooo into it as I'm bored with the NFL.  haha.

Back to top Go down
Dallas Spurs

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:26 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Nice.  Well, at least you had Kane.

I just made my first ever picks of a 14 teamer... I was at the turn.. so I had 1.14 and 2.01   (Sigurdson and Benteke)... So nervous about Benteke going to be ruined by the Reds, but whatever.   It was him or Giroud (who is probably safer, but less upside).    Oh well, it'll be interesting to see how it goes.  

Funny you had to stop entering them.. I'm thinking I may start getting tooooo into it.  haha.

I like your picks. I think Sigurdsen is still underated and Bentake will score at Liverpool.

Couple of players you might want to consider later down the list. Milner at Liverpool now and as a sleeper if he is cheap the new Spurs right back Kieren Trippier, i read that while at burnley he had the most crosses of any player all season. But he has to be a late pick sleeper as he needs to get in the team ahead of walker.
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:40 pm

Welcome David.......glad you joined us. You are one of the fastest learners in player values I have seen. You will be a great addition to our Training Camp.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:43 pm

Welcome to RW David. Glad to see ya here.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:33 pm

Great to see another familiar face around here.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:26 pm

Ginstwin wrote:

I am really hopeful of being a founder member of the Redraft “Minor League “ however I really will understand if you think my level of experience isnt what you need but you can always have fun kicking this Brit around the Fantasy field !

David, just want to make sure I know your intent...are you looking to be a prospect for our main league or as the quote above implies are you just thinking about the Training Camp league?

Back to top Go down
Dallas Spurs

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:27 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Ginstwin wrote:

David, just want to make sure I know your intent...are you looking to be a prospect for our main league or as the quote above implies are you just thinking about the Training Camp league?

Just the Training Camp League at the moment Andy
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:30 pm

Welcome David

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:31 pm

Ginstwin wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Ginstwin wrote:

Just the Training Camp League at the moment Andy

Sounds good. Thanks

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:35 pm

Welcome David. Always a pleasure to meet another poor soul willing to step into Roster Wars. Even if you only have intentions of Training Camp it would be cool if you were to be involved around the boards.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:20 am

Welcome David!

cheers

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:04 am

Glad you're here, David. A long time Brit relocating to Texas reeks of a comedic movie script. So much so that I'm sure it's been done and I'm gonna find it! Have to ask...of all the options in the US, why Texas?

Hope you stick around and enjoy RW.

Back to top Go down
Dallas Spurs

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:44 am

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Glad you're here, David.  A long time Brit relocating to Texas reeks of a comedic movie script.  So much so that I'm sure it's been done and I'm gonna find it!  Have to ask...of all the options in the US, why Texas?  

Hope you stick around and enjoy RW.

My life has been a comedic movie script lol3

As to why Dallas. We actually moved to Florida initially and spent a long time there . Florida lifestyle was great but after living in London and spending a lot of time in NY and Sydney we started to really miss the culture of a big city.

We wanted to be in a suburb with relatively good weather and so after a lot of trips it came down to San Diego or Dallas. I just couldnt pass up the cheap housing prices in Texas and of course zero state income tax and so we moved here almost a year ago.

We really miss the beach in Florida and our friends there but i have to say i love the sport scene here in Dallas. We have bought season tix for the Cowboys and we went to a lot of Basketball, Baseball and hockey games over the last 9 months. The people are very friendly and so far we are enjoying it but its early days. I dont know if its going to be a forever home but so far its fun and each day is filled with lots to do and see.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:27 am

Welcome David!  Glad you found us  rock on

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:36 am

Welcome to RW sir... I look forward to the interaction....

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:32 pm

Welcome to Roster Wars. I hope you enjoy the website and visit often.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:14 am

Welcome to RW, David.

Back to top Go down
San Tropez Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:38 pm

Good to see you again, David!

Back to top Go down
Dallas Spurs

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:41 pm

Frozen Tundra wrote:
Good to see you again, David!

And you Sir !
Back to top Go down
Woodstock Wyverns

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:12 pm

Welcome to RW David! Glad to have you.

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:21 pm

Welcome to RW David!

I must be in too many leagues, another great owner right here!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:17 pm

Welcome to Roster Wars! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dallas Spurs (David)   

Back to top Go down

Dallas Spurs (David)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Bulletin Board :: Check In-
Jump to: