Alex Smith QB KC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:46 pm

Omega City Legends wrote:
Alex Smith 3500 yards 26 TD's 10 INT's

he is going to surprise a lot of people this year.....
I think he will surprise people here and there but not THAT little amount of interceptions

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:04 pm

St. Louis Duffers wrote:

ROTFLMAO

Yeah mainly you if you believe he will do that good.

Just so you know...I've been on the Alex Smith bandwagon long before last season. He has shown the ability to produce at a respectably high level even before last season. I dont expect him to be elite....but valuable and productive enough to be extremely competitive for the price he goes for. I dont see how anyone could think that he will take a step back this year with Randy Moss, Manningham, and AJ Jenkins along with a bolstered running game - and thats not even mentioning Crabtree or Vernon Davis (who he connected with on a beautiful 30 yrd td on a wheel route against the Broncos). The only reason why anybody would believe he would regress is because they aren't ready to go against the grain of public perception and see Alex Smith for what he actually is and has been struggling to become for the past few years...and that has been pretty solid...

702 COMPLETIONS/1159 ATTEMPTS= 60.5% - 7864 PASS YARDS - 49 TD's - 27 INT's in 36 games

this projects out to be 312 COMPLETIONS/515 ATTEMPTS=60.5% - 3495 PASS YARDS - 21.7 TD's - 12 INT's

this is at his current rate...without any of the additional firepower. The only way you believe that he takes a step back is if you believe that he becomes less efficient than he has recently been. I dont think he does. I believe he takes a step forward - hence 26 TD's and 10 INT's with about 500 attempts. The only reason why you would think otherwise is because you just dont know any better........people have been aimlessly bashing Alex Smith for years. I guess I shouldnt expect anybody else to dig much deeper than that.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:33 am

St. Louis Duffers wrote:

ROTFLMAO

good post

everyone knows harbough is the coach right?

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:15 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
St. Louis Duffers wrote:

ROTFLMAO

good post

Everyone knows Harbaugh was Andrew Lucks coach....right?

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:23 pm

The O looked horrendous yesterday FWIW

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:56 pm

See >> Denver's Defense (at the bottom)

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:04 pm

They may have gotten him some new weapons but it take time to build chemistry and know what each of them are going to do in certain situations. They did bolster the run game which is another reason he will not be called on to through as much as you think. He is an average QB and at best a decent bye week fill in for your starting QB if he has a favorable machup. The other thing that will help him and will pad his stats is the division he plays in. I think he will throw for 3000 yards 19 tds and 8 int.

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:06 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
St. Louis Duffers wrote:

ROTFLMAO

good post

Everyone knows Harbaugh was Andrew Lucks coach....right?

Yeah but Luck had better talent around him in college than Smith has around him in San Francisco.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:32 am

Quote :
It's widely believed that the 49ers will trade quarterback Alex Smith. The former starter is due to earn $8.5 million in 2013, with $1 million guaranteed now and the balance guaranteed as of April 1. It makes him a luxury that the team can't afford. A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that Smith is expected to seek his release before the start of free agency.

Which team makes the mistake of signing him to a fat contract?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:06 am

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
It's widely believed that the 49ers will trade quarterback Alex Smith. The former starter is due to earn $8.5 million in 2013, with $1 million guaranteed now and the balance guaranteed as of April 1. It makes him a luxury that the team can't afford. A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that Smith is expected to seek his release before the start of free agency.

This has Cardinals written all over it.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:16 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Quote :

This has Cardinals written all over it.

LOL...yeah it does.

Back to top Go down
Belgium Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:57 pm

He's better than what the cardnials have now. He's on my team so that's great news Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:50 pm

Quote :
ESPN's Adam Schefter suggests that the New York Jets may be considering working a trade for San Francisco 49ers QB Alex Smith and a second-round pick in exchange for CB Darrelle Revis.

Whoa boy.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:26 pm

That would be something.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:12 am

Quote :
ESPN's Adam Schefter suggests that the New York Jets may be considering working a trade for San Francisco 49ers QB Alex Smith and a second-round pick in exchange for CB Darrelle Revis.

Whoa boy.

Can't happen - the trade actually makes sense...?

scratch

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:02 pm

Quote :

Smith has still got 2 years at about $8M/year which isn't that expensive if he can perform like he did this year without Harbaugh around. I doubt the 49ers release him. Some team will pony up a mid/late rounder at a minimum. There are far more QB needy teams than there are draftable QBs. What other vets might be available: Flynn, Vick?, Campbell, Palmer? None of those guys are lighting it up better than Smith.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:05 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Quote :

Whoa boy.

Can't happen - the trade actually makes sense...?

scratch

I don't see this. Revis is coming off serious injury, 1 year left on contract and will need megabucks. Baalke isn't into signing big ticket FAs. And up until Culliver put his frickin foot in his mouth, I feel like the 49ers were quite happy with the CB situation.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:59 pm

Quote :
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on NFL Live Wednesday that the trade market for Alex Smith is "limited," and there is "not a large buzz" about Smith among quarterback-needy teams. Analysis: Specifically, Smith going to the Browns is a "long shot," per Mortensen. The Jets can't afford his contract, the Cardinals are the 49ers' division opponent, and the Chiefs might explore Nick Foles or Geno Smith first. Anyone who's kept tabs on Smith the past two years won't be surprised.

Shocking. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:01 pm

I think he will end up being one of those last resort kind of guys. I wouldn't be surprised if we here about this for a while.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:02 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
I think he will end up being one of those last resort kind of guys. I wouldn't be surprised if we here about this for a while.

I agree completely. Sort of like Seattle signing Flynn. He's a guy you sign when you're afraid you can't find anyone better than Mark Sanchez.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:09 pm

Quote :
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Chiefs have "shown more interest than anyone else" in trading for Alex Smith.

Analysis: Yahoo's Jason Cole reported the same thing on Friday. According to Rapoport, the 49ers spent the Combine "trying to lay ground for a Smith deal." Smith would be a pure stopgap for the rebuilding Chiefs, but a mammoth improvement on Matt Cassel. He could be managed and manipulated to success in Andy Reid's system, similar to the way he was in San Francisco. Acquiring Smith wouldn't preclude the Chiefs from taking a quarterback in the first few rounds of April's draft.

It makes sense assuming the price is right.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:25 am

Quote :
The 49ers and Chiefs have agreed to a trade that will send Smith to Kansas City on March 12, which is the earliest date the trade can be conducted, Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reports. Analysis: Although Smith's efficiency numbers have been at a career high under Jim Harbaugh's watch in San Francisco, getting sent to Kansas City should actually help Smith's fantasy value in 2013. Andy Reid throws the ball much more than Harbaugh, and Reid managed to get good production out of lesser quarterbacks like A.J. Feeley and Kevin Kolb. The terms of the deal have not been disclosed at this point.

But then I heard this:

Quote :
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Chiefs will trade second-round pick this year - the top pick in second round - as well as another conditional mid-round pick in 2014.

Really? The #1 Pick in the 2nd round? HOLY FUCKING SHITBALLS ARE YOU SERIOUS?! FOR ALEX SMITH?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU KC?!?! AND A CONDITIONAL MID-ROUND NEXT YEAR?!

TRADE RAPE

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:30 am

I like it for KC. They have a solid team all around but only need a QB. This puts them right up there with Denver and a chance to be competitive right away.

What other option did they have? Foles for a 3rd and the uncertainty of a 2nd year QB, Flynn for whatever pick - no experience, Take Geno at #1 overall and pass up on an elite talent in Joeckel?

Again I am an Alex Smith fan and think he can win you some football games.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:32 am

This puts them right up there with Denver? Did you REALLY just say that?

We must be talking about completely different QB's. Not Alex Smith, surely.

You don't need to try and solve all of your problems in one year. I've also seen plenty of mocks where Barkley falls right into KC's lap at the top of the 2nd. They overpaid. Hard.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:39 am

I did say that. I think KC is a good team, and they were picked by a lot of people last year to win their division. If they get a guy like Alex Smith I feel that gives them a shot at a 9 win type of season.

And are you saying if the Niners didn't play Kaepernick all year and went with Alex Smith they wouldn't have went to the Super Bowl? I still think with Alex Smith they get there as well and what he did the year before agains the Saints in the playoffs showed that he can win in the big games. He did the same in College for Utah as we went undefeated.

The problem with going with Barkley is you putting yourself 2-3 years out from a winning season. Same with Geno, Foles, or Flynn. Smith is a winner in the NFL. Maybe not the Fantasy Football Star that you may like but neither was Flacco.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:48 am

I'm sniffing a bet here. I'd happily lay down whatever amount you're comfortable with that KC will NOT win more than 8 games. Alex Smith did well these last two years in a PERFECT situation. KC is not SF. Their defense is decent but nowhere near as good as SF. O-Line is the same story (I'm sure they'll draft to try and address that.)

Charles is a great RB but besides that there's no weapons (Unless they tag Bowe.) Alex Smith will fail in KC. Mark my words.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:54 am

If they get Alex Smith I would put a wager on 8 games. Remember they play the Raiders twice, along with the shitty Chargers, and they always play the Broncos tough.

KC's defense is a little underrated, they have lots of talent there. When I look at their roster QB is the only hole I can noticable see. Obviously they had a shitty year last year, but in no way are they a shitty team.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:55 am

I see this a bad news for Bowe. I can see the FT coming now...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:00 pm

2012 - 2 Wins
2011 - 7 Wins
2010 - 10 Wins
2009 - 4 Wins
2008 - 2 Wins

Blegh. This franchise has been bad for a long time and they will continue to be bad as long as they keep bringing in mediocre talent.

To be a successful franchise, in my mind, you always need to build for the future. You need to have a plan for 2-3 years down the line. This is stupid move that will hurt the franchise overall for the next few years. That's my take!

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm

I didn't say they wouldn't draft a QB in rounds 4-6 such as Bray, Wilson, Dysert, Scott and develop them along the way. The Chiefs are doing the franchise a favor by trading for Alex Smith.

I actually thought the Niners could get more for him then that offer. The fact that they have played their hand with Kaep already and that the QB market is non-existant, along with rookie QB's not having the starter potential this year. I bet the Cardinals would have considered giving more but the Niners aren't going to trade with them.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm

I think the pick helps KC now, but I don't like the price they paid for it, Alex Smith is worth no more than a mid rounder in the 3rd tops! The Rich (SF) just got richer! There is a lot of talent available at #33 overall pick! KC is nuts!

I don't this move makes them a contender either, it moves them to middle of the pack perhaps along with SD. It definitely closes the gap with Denver but I don't think they are championship contenders or anything. I do think Denver slides back some this year and wins maybe 10 games or so... Denver is vastly overrated, the NFL media is so in love with Manning and sucking his dick that they declare them super bowl contenders while failing to acknowledge that Denver played an easy schedule and only won one or two games against top talent, I think they were 2-3 against playoff teams and 11-0 against non-playoff teams... hardly what I would call a super bowl bound juggernaut! But you would never know it listening to the media go on and on about how good they were... I wasn't surprised at all when Baltimore went in there and beat them in the playoffs. Denver is not as good as advertised!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:21 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I think the pick helps KC now, but I don't like the price they paid for it, Alex Smith is worth no more than a mid rounder in the 3rd tops! The Rich (SF) just got richer! There is a lot of talent available at #33 overall pick! KC is nuts!

I don't this move makes them a contender either, it moves them to middle of the pack perhaps along with SD. It definitely closes the gap with Denver but I don't think they are championship contenders or anything. I do think Denver slides back some this year and wins maybe 10 games or so... Denver is vastly overrated, the NFL media is so in love with Manning and sucking his dick that they declare them super bowl contenders while failing to acknowledge that Denver played an easy schedule and only won one or two games against top talent, I think they were 2-3 against playoff teams and 11-0 against non-playoff teams... hardly what I would call a super bowl bound juggernaut! But you would never know it listening to the media go on and on about how good they were... I wasn't surprised at all when Baltimore went in there and beat them in the playoffs. Denver is not as good as advertised!

I couldn't agree with this assessment more. This is EXACTLY how I feel.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:42 pm

You should do the same thing with Kaepernick and his pet Turtle. Maybe he has a tattoo of his turtle so I guess it wouldn't be the same thing.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:45 pm

How players get overdrafted twice?

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:08 pm

This pretty much locks up Joekel as the first pick overall I would imagine. So now does Arizona or perhaps Buffalo draft Geno Smith? I still think he is the top QB prospect in this years class.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:55 pm

I think the pick helps KC now, but I don't like the price they paid for it, Alex Smith is worth no more than a mid rounder in the 3rd tops! The Rich (SF) just got richer! There is a lot of talent available at #33 34 overall pick! KC is nuts!

I couldn't agree with this assessment more. This is EXACTLY how I feel.

except that its the 34th overall pick. Jax owns the 33.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:02 pm

Okay Laughing Thats essentially the same value still. Way too high for Alex Smith!

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Okay Laughing Thats essentially the same value still. Way too high for Alex Smith!

Just messing with you. I agree with what you said. cheers

*Adam Shefter started this entire mess with his tweet of the top pick in the 2nd...You would think he would know better. Mad

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:29 pm

I don't mind the trade for Smith. shrug

I think he's a good quarterback. He needs to be managed in the right way like Hargbaugh did, but I trust Andy Reid to do it. He's pretty young, not even in the "prime" years for QB's yet, or maybe just beginning. Obviously they felt like all the QB's in this draft class suck, and they weren't going to roll with Cassel again, understandably.

I don't think the Chiefs are that far away. They have some good players on defense, though they also have some 1st round busts. They have a reasonable OL which is about to get better at LT in the draft. Charles and Hillis and Bowe (if he stays) is a pretty good set of weapons to start with. Their major hole was QB, and they filled it with probably the best guy available without spending the #1 pick on a QB not worth the #1 pick.

I like it.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:47 pm

Quote :
One of the reasons Alex Smith held onto the quarterback job with the 49ers as long as he did was by being careful with the ball.

But while 10 interceptions over his final 25 starts is about as clean as it gets, he had just 30 touchdown passes over that same span, and Chiefs coach Andy Reid wants to make sure Smith’s not too quick to give up on potential big plays, especially in practice.

“You want to get a feel for the offense now, particularly when you’re new at it [and] if there are close throws, challenge it, see what you can get away with,” Reid said, via Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star. “If it ends up being an interception, OK, it’s an interception. You learn from it. These are smart guys so they learn from it and once they get into the season, they’re not experimenting with it on game day and they know what they can get away with and know what they can’t.

“It’s a new offense. I would tell any quarterback that comes in new that that’s what you need to do. I’ve told them all that. Go ahead and take your shots and see what you can get away with, within reason. But if it’s a close throw, there are going to be a few of those in the National Football League on game day so you need to know what you can get away with on each route.”

There have been some deep balls thrown in recent Chiefs OTAs, and while Smith’s not going to turn into Daryle Lamonica in one offseason, he’s willing to see where this goes.

“You want to stay aggressive,” Smith said. “But in the end I’m always trying to make the right read and throw where the defense is telling me to throw. You don’t come out here and predetermine anything, like ‘Oh, I’m going to chuck it deep on this play.’ I’m constantly trying to just trust my eyes and what I’m seeing out there, trust my reads and what I’ve prepared for and then come out here and throw good balls.”

Reid’s smart enough to know what he has to work with here. He just has to be careful he doesn’t push too hard to turn Smith into something he’s not.

Chiefs quarterbacks turned the ball over 27 times last year, so merely competent play will make a huge difference. And they have sufficient help on offense that Smith’s smart, spread-it-around style can help them win more games just by being efficient.

But if he starts doing things he’s not comfortable with or able to do, they run the risk of not being that much better.

Yeah let Alex Smith chuck it deep. That'll work out well.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:57 pm

Quote :
Kansas City Chiefs owner Clark Hunt hopes QB Alex Smith will be the long term answer at quarterback for the team. "When we made the trade for him a year ago, that was part of the thinking," Hunt said of re-signing Smith. "I don't think that thinking has changed. He came in and did a nice job. We're glad to have him as a part of the Kansas City Chiefs and we hope it's longer than a two-year stay."

Still not a fan but, like SF, this is the perfect system for him. Play the short dink and dunk pass offense with a heavy dose of running and he'll do just fine.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:38 pm

Quote :
Smith has agreed to a four-year, $68 million extension with the Chiefs, the Kansas City Star reports.
Analysis: With Smith set to become a free agent after the season, the Chiefs will lock him up for the next four years. The deal guarantees Smith $45 million, with the remaining $23 million based upon certain bonuses, most of which are probably tied to his production. While questions remain regarding Smith's ability to lead a contending team, he's coming off of a season in which he threw for 23 touchdowns and a career-best 3,313 yards. Thus far in the preseason, Smith is 31-of-51 for 286 yards and two picks.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:23 pm

RotoWire wrote:
Smith spent time in the offseason working on his footwork, throwing motion and decision-making, Adam Teicher of ESPN reports. Analysis: Smith completed 65 percent or his passes last season, ranking 10th in the league in that category. While he's never really had problems in the turnover department (throwing just 6 interceptions last season), the veteran quarterback doesn't throw deep balls very often, leading to defenders creeping down into the box. Smith should benefit from the offseason addition of Jeremy Maclin, and stretching the field more would benefit the running game as well.

These are my favorite kind of news articles. I think they should have just saved some text.

Alex Smith has spent time in the offseason trying to become a better Quarterback.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:53 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
RotoWire wrote:
Smith spent time in the offseason working on his footwork, throwing motion and decision-making, Adam Teicher of ESPN reports. Analysis: Smith completed 65 percent or his passes last season, ranking 10th in the league in that category. While he's never really had problems in the turnover department (throwing just 6 interceptions last season), the veteran quarterback doesn't throw deep balls very often, leading to defenders creeping down into the box. Smith should benefit from the offseason addition of Jeremy Maclin, and stretching the field more would benefit the running game as well.

These are my favorite kind of news articles. I think they should have just saved some text.

Alex Smith has spent time in the offseason trying to become a better Quarterback.

Paging Doctor Rudy Wells, Doctor Rudy Wells to Bionics Lab.

Short of Alex Smith hooking up with Colonel Steve Austins doctor and getting himself one of these fancy assed throwing limbs, old Noodle Arms game ain't gonna change much IMO. wink

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:18 pm

Alex Smith is a good bye week fill in, but if you have to rely on him week in and week out, your team is in a world of hurt!

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:46 pm

Na, he'll always be a dink and dunk qb

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:00 am

Thanks Allen; good to know I'm not the only one that "Geeks" on these Metrics.  I find AMND interesting, but I don't use it so much for Fantasy.  However, it definitely defines Smith in the real world of football:

Football Outsiders wrote:
Third down is where Smith’s conservatism may hurt his teams the most. Since 2011, Smith has taken the most third- down sacks (69) and has the worst sack rate (13.4 percent) among quarterbacks with at least 200 third-down passes. And when he’s not pulling the trigger, he’s firing too short. In 2014, Smith’s average third-down pass was thrown 2.3 yards short of the first-down marker, the shortest average in the league when compared to the needed yards for a first down. Aaron Rodgers had the longest average pass at 4.0 yards beyond the first-down marker. More than any quarterback in the league, Smith relies on his receivers to break tackles and gain yards after the catch to convert on third down. This metric is called Air Minus Need Differential (AMND). The average starting quarterback has an AMND of plus-1.4 since 2011. Smith’s minus-1.7 AMND is the lowest since 2011 among players with at least 300 attempts.  It’s as if Smith is playing a different sport than his peers.

Will Maclin/Connely/Kelce convert those third downs, and propel Smith up the chart?...or "Is he who we thought he was"... scratch

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:39 am

Cybertron Screamers wrote:

Good thing Russell is getting paid so much money. Oh, and Rodgers is really good. That is all.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB KC   

Back to top Go down

Alex Smith QB KC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: