:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Alex Smith QB WAS

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Alex Smith QB WAS   Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:46 am

Just saw a report on NFL Network that Smith is visiting Miami today.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:17 am

LOL perfect fit imo. Sucky and Sucky.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:07 am

Just as creme rises, shit sinks! ... Cool

Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:49 am

Wow Smith talking to Miami. I wonder if he would go to Miami? What would the 49ers do if they don't get Manning and lost Smith also. Wow

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:37 pm

If Smith goes to Miami, Flynn has to go somewhere...? shrug

Last edited by England Dragons on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:38 pm

New Mexico Mad Clowns wrote:
Wow Smith talking to Miami. I wonder if he would go to Miami? What would the 49ers do if they don't get Manning and lost Smith also. Wow

Yeah was thinking about that earlier - Kaepernick time?
Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:58 pm

I think it would be so funny if Kaepernick was their starter next year

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:58 pm

I think it would be Kaepernick time and sign a serviceable vet in case of emergency.

I think Flynn should seriously look at Seattle as his landing spot. Miami seems like a total mess.
Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:23 pm

He a wittle bwit upset, bwess him...

The Sacramento Bee reports that the Seahawks are scheduled to host free agent Alex Smith after his Sunday meeting with the Dolphins.

Perhaps most interestingly from the Bee's report is the fact multiple sources tell beat writer Matt Barrows that Smith is "upset" with the 49ers for their pursuit of Peyton Manning, and there is a "growing belief" Smith might not return to San Francisco regardless of Manning's whereabouts. Smith is also unhappy with his agents, who rep both him and Manning, and the San Francisco Chronicle has reported Smith is considering firing CAA. In 2011, the Niners did everything in their power to minimize Smith's impact on games, consistently keeping his pass attempts totals low and beating opponents with running game and defense. Clearly, they're not going to go out of their way to keep him.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:55 am

Alex Smith has been so disrespected over the course of his career. Period.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:42 am

Omega City Legends wrote:

Disagree. He has only played 16 games twice in his 6 year career. If 3,144 yards or 18 TD's are the best you can do then you need to be replaced asap.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:35 am

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:

Disagree. He has only played 16 games twice in his 6 year career. If 3,144 yards or 18 TD's are the best you can do then you need to be replaced asap.

I think you gloss over a lot of the factors contributing to those stats if you pin all the blame/credit on him.
The organization and coaching has been a big reason why over the years.
Not saying he is a superstar but just saying there is more to the evaluation
Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:18 am

I am actually a big Alex Smith fan. I think it is because of his perfect season here for the Utes back in the day. It was good to see him play big last year. I think that playoff game against the Saints really showed his potential and broke some real barriers that he hasn't been able to as an NFL QB. I personally think he would be a good fit to stay with the Niners and have Harbaugh continue to groom him.

Call me crazy but I think there is a potential at a top 10 Fantasy QB. If he goes to Miami his career goes back in the shitter IMHO

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:04 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
I am actually a big Alex Smith fan. I think it is because of his perfect season here for the Utes back in the day. It was good to see him play big last year. I think that playoff game against the Saints really showed his potential and broke some real barriers that he hasn't been able to as an NFL QB. I personally think he would be a good fit to stay with the Niners and have Harbaugh continue to groom him.

Call me crazy but I think there is a potential at a top 10 Fantasy QB. If he goes to Miami his career goes back in the shitter IMHO

You're crazy

:devil:
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:08 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:

Call me crazy but I think there is a potential at a top 10 Fantasy QB.

shocking shocking shocking shocking
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:15 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Utah Spazz wrote:

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:20 pm

:agreed2: ... now give me beer

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:

Did you happen to see this image?

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:25 pm

Seriously though Shawn....give me a concrete analysis of why Alex Smith being terrible is the reason why he has been terrible. Cause no matter what you say you cannot possibly look at the situation he was in and say with a straight face that you expected any QB to succeed - thats like saying Matt Flynn will be a stud even in a bad situation because of what he did in a good situation....thats bleeping stupid and you know it.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:28 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:

Did you happen to see that he is 10 points behind Joe Flacco? Who doesnt nearly get as ridiculed as much as Smith does...you know why? Because he is a mediocre QB playing well on a good team in a good situation....when you have a solid argument against Smith without implicating the impotence of the 49ers organization I will begin to listen. But until then you are disrespecting Alex Smith just like everyone else has been for years. And I've been saying this for multiple years. LOL At least Joe Flacco has had consistency within the organization and time to grow within a certain regime. And yet he is still mediocre....

Last edited by Omega City Legends on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:28 pm

a concrete analysis of why Alex Smith being terrible is the reason why he has been terrible.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:

yup, he got to 17 with Schaub out, Cutler out, and a bunch of half season losers...I think that proves my point if anything

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:30 pm

Did you happen to see that he is 10 points behind Joe Flacco? Who doesnt nearly get as ridiculed as much as Smith does...you know why?

Flacco will be given what he deserves after 6 years of worthlessness just like Smith. Give it time my friend, give it time.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:32 pm

Flacco is a HOF QB compared to Smith

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:32 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:

yup, he got to 17 with Schaub out, Cutler out, and a bunch of half season losers...I think that proves my point if anything

The point is not so much where he finished...but the fact that you believe that he cannot get better, and he is not capable of being a decent QB. This is completely false.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:43 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:

The point is not so much where he finished...but the fact that you believe that he cannot get better, and he is not capable of being a decent QB. This is completely false.

That is the wrong answer. That is the wrong attitude too.

He sucks. He has sucked. He will continue to suck. Sure, he COULD get better but I also COULD win the lottery but since I don't buy a ticket and he doesn't have the skills lets go ahead and call both of them a bust of an idea. mmm-kay?
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:00 pm

I have to agree with Andy here. My thinking is that he *is* a "decent" QB. Finishing ranked 17th in fantasy out of 32 QB's is middle of the road, or, "decent." I really think the 15-20 is where he will spend his whole career though.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:00 pm

On the lighter side of town is this tid bit of truth or bullshit.

If we pull back the hood on the Omega man Avatar is this the face we will see?

Curious mind needs to knows ... voodoo <---- Alex Smith doll .... Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:05 am

I think Alex Smith - in SF - is the perfect QB2 on a fantasy team. I woudlnt' want to have to rely on him to be my starter, but as a bye week starter or bad-matchup (if I don't have a stud QB), I'd have no problem with him as my #2. And I think he played WELL down the stretch. I think SF was using him properly and he grew in the position.

I think it's idiotic of SF to jettison him so quick and I think it's equally as idiotic for Smith to be "shopping" for another team. I think he needs to stay with a coach/OC for more than a season before he starts looking for greener pastures.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:06 am

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
On the lighter side of town is this tid bit of truth or bullshit.

If we pull back the hood on the Omega man Avatar is this the face we will see?

Curious mind needs to knows ... voodoo <---- Alex Smith doll .... Evil laugh

A lot of people say that vote no

But the fact of the matter is most people that say "Alex Smith sucks" never objectively have anything to back it up with...besides...he has sucked. Thats not a reason, or an explanation. Thats just a PRIDEFUL way of saying...I dont really know what Im talking about. This leads me to believe that many of the people with strong negative opinions on Smith just havent payed attention to his situation over the years. In the last 3 seasons (38 games)....49 TD's and 27 INT's....60% completion (700 completions on 1150 attempts). Considering how lackluster the 49ers have been offensively those arent bad stats...if you want a bad QB look at Tavaris Jackson, or Charlie Whitehurst, Blaine Gabbert, Curtis Painter, etc....they are bad QB's....not Alex Smith.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:07 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I think Alex Smith - in SF - is the perfect QB2 on a fantasy team. I woudlnt' want to have to rely on him to be my starter, but as a bye week starter or bad-matchup (if I don't have a stud QB), I'd have no problem with him as my #2. And I think he played WELL down the stretch. I think SF was using him properly and he grew in the position.

I think it's idiotic of SF to jettison him so quick and I think it's equally as idiotic for Smith to be "shopping" for another team. I think he needs to stay with a coach/OC for more than a season before he starts looking for greener pastures.

I agree with what Brad says here...

I only strongly defend Alex Smith when people strongly hate for no reason. Otherwise i think he is a perfect QB2...
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:15 am

i only hate cuz he sucks. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:32 am

I think a lot of your arguments are the same that were made for Jason Campbell when he was with the skins. Put up decent numbers, changed systems every year. I think that the nature of the beast of the NFL is you have to transcend circumstance. If you can't come in and produce, it doesn't matter what the circumstances are. Campbell even went on and was producing well in Oakland, but again, circumstances played out and now he's a backup. The great QBs can come into a bad team and make them relevant, and with a few more pieces can really be contenders. Smith just doesn't fall into that category IMO. He's had what- 7 years now to show he can get it done? Thats a lot longer than some other 'potentially' good quarterbacks get.

2cents

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:24 pm

Saying he couldn't transcend circumstances might mean he isn't a great QB but that doesn't mean the only other category is he sucks...

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:45 pm

Agreed, I think he's serviceable. He won't win you games, but he won't necessarily lose them for you either.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:44 pm

He's Kyle orton. He's grossman. He's a game manager, period. Can he lead you to a superbowl? No. Can he ride the back of a great D and get you a ring? Hell yes. They need him back for another run. Colin is NOT ready.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:01 pm

I guess he got over those hurt feelings... Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:03 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
I guess he got over those hurt feelings... Crying or Very sad
That, and he visited Miami.... lol3
Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:04 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
I think a lot of your arguments are the same that were made for Jason Campbell when he was with the skins. Put up decent numbers, changed systems every year. I think that the nature of the beast of the NFL is you have to transcend circumstance. If you can't come in and produce, it doesn't matter what the circumstances are. Campbell even went on and was producing well in Oakland, but again, circumstances played out and now he's a backup. The great QBs can come into a bad team and make them relevant, and with a few more pieces can really be contenders. Smith just doesn't fall into that category IMO. He's had what- 7 years now to show he can get it done? Thats a lot longer than some other 'potentially' good quarterbacks get.

2cents

Name one rookie QB that has transcended such a persistently bad situation throughout the entire organization by himself. Every successful QB has had some stability throughout their career. I mean think about it...the core of the 49ers has not really changed in 4-5 years. Smith, Gore, Davis, Willis have all been there since 2007 so its not like they added a bunch of huge names to aid Smith over the years leading up to this year. Crabtree? Ted Ginn Jr? Carlos Rodgers? Donte Whitner? DaSon Goldson? The only thing that has REALLY changed is their organization and the way it has been run. Sometimes it doesnt matter how good a player is....if the organization is not run well, and the players are not put in the best positions to succeed, the team will not perform well.... bottom line. You cant blame Alex Smith in the past for drowning in that craphole without giving him a lot of credit for successfully emerging from that very same craphole over the last few years. I find big issues with people giving him all the blame in years past and then not giving him any credit this year, or even the past few years. Thats outright hipocrisy.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:10 am

surprised

Well it may be hipocrisy but I consider it heresy to claim Alex Smith DOES NOT suck. So there!

moonbus
Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:14 am

Man he has a lot of guys to throw to. Too bad he can't throw.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:31 am

Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
Man he has a lot of guys to throw to. Too bad he can't throw.

good post

Crabtree actually had a little value at the end of last year but gone is that says I.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:53 am

Yeah if Jenkins or someone can get deep I think Crabtree is well suited to the short / underneath stuff for some decent PPR numbers

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:31 am

I was very surprised to see Jenkins go there. I do not know what they see in him. I don't really think this pick helps or hurts Smith's value.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:34 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I was very surprised to see Jenkins go there. I do not know what they see in him. I don't really think this pick helps or hurts Smith's value.

I don't either I just don't think it helps the team as a whole either. Was a wasted pick IMHO.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:51 am

The Rams really wanted Jenkins and had him ranked ahead of Blackmon even, The Niners also liked him alot and knew the Rams had 3 picks coming in the 2nd round. They wanted him and had to take him at that spot, time will tell. I don' think he is a wasted pick I just think maybe some draftnix missed the boat on him

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:23 am

c'mon above Blackmon?

I saw a Tweet from someone that said when Jax hopped over the Rams to take Blackmon that Fisher slammed his hand down and yelled f$%#. I shoudl see if I can find it.

ETA: Foudn the tweet:
RT @GridironExperts: According to Yahoo! Sports #Rams Jeff Fisher slammed his eyeglasses to the table & dropped an F-bomb when #Jaguars traded up for Blackmon

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Alex Smith 3500 yards 26 TD's 10 INT's

he is going to surprise a lot of people this year.....

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:47 pm

Alex Smith 3500 yards 26 TD's 10 INT's

he is going to surprise a lot of people this year.....

ROTFLMAO

Yeah mainly you if you believe he will do that good.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alex Smith QB WAS   

Back to top Go down

Alex Smith QB WAS
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: