HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Detroit Lions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Detroit Lions   Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:32 am

I have absolutely nothing to add here but was feeling bad that no thread was devoted to the best team in the league. :)
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:38 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I have absolutely nothing to add here but was feeling bad that no thread was devoted to the best team in the league. :)

Second best

I've always been an absolutely devoted Giants fan and still am but after watching the 2010 season and seeing them come SO CLOSE so many games I just fell in love with the team. They lost TEN games in 2010 six of them by four points or less...

Not a fan of the coach but love the players and the heart of this team. Go Lions! (unless they're playing the Giants )
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Just felt this would be best to be placed here for history sake lol3

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:27 pm

I thought it was tradition to kick Green Bay?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:18 pm

mine as well since they can't beat em on the field

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:45 am

I got something to say about Detroit. Way to screw any other team looking to franchise a WR with that contract to Johnson.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:59 am

I don't think Suh's stomp was intentional.. C'mon guys, he was just trying to extricate himself from the situation. rolleyes

I will have to say, that stomp was the only time in the last 15-20 years of watching all the Lions games that I ever turned it off in disgust. Even during the 0-16 year, I watched every second of every game. After seeing that I turned it off. I was so bummed/disappointed/embarrassed.

For those of you that live in citiies other than your team area. I live in Phoenix and am a Detroit fan, you know that wearing out your shirts/gear is awesome and during that stomp I didn't want to wear anything Lions and that says a lot.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:58 am

Avril may hold out.

Quote :
Avril and the Lions remain "far apart in negotiations," according to MLive.com.
If they can't strike a deal, Avril stands to make around $10.6 million
next season, the expected franchise-tag value for players at his
position.
Avril warned in February that a franchise tag designation could lead to a holdout.
"There's
a lot of different possibilities, and that's one of the possibilities
-- not showing up," Avril said. "But we don't know. That's not the plan,
obviously. But there's a lot of different possibilities, and that's
definitely one of them."

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:40 am

Yeah he said he didn't want the tag to begin with
Pity as he was an upcoming DL option

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:48 pm

TheHuddle: Lions re-sign LB Stephen Tulloch

Quote :
Updating a previous report, the Detroit Lions re-signed LB Stephen Tulloch to a five-year deal worth $25 million. The deal also includes $11 million in guaranteed money.

Analysis: Tulloch has played for Jim Schwartz going back to their Titans days when he led the team with 300+ tackles from 2009 to 2010. Detroit is paying their best players and it should continue to yield good results on the field.

Here is a team going down the right path. "paying their best players and it should continue to yield good results." That says it all.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:07 pm

Quote :
@ espn We have confirmed that Detroit Lions running back Mikel Leshoure
is being arraigned in Berrien County today on Marijuana possession.

Second offense!

Regardless of what your stance is on Weed this is going to hurt Mikel.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:15 pm

i was really high on Leshoure coming into this season. I thought he'd be able to recover from teh Achilles and be the man in the D this year, but maybe not.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:02 pm

Pile it on!

Quote :
@anwarrichardson:
#Lions RB Mikel Leshoure did not show up for his arraignment today and a
bench warrant has been issued for his arrest #NFL

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:24 pm

Something about the DET RB position is cursed!

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:43 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Pile it on!

Quote :
@anwarrichardson:
#Lions RB Mikel Leshoure did not show up for his arraignment today and a
bench warrant has been issued for his arrest #NFL

apparently, he had called the court and asked to come in on Wednesday... this news, for whatever reason, wasn't relayed to the Prosecuting attorney.

He shoulda gone today when there was less fanfare.. now every press member in the detroit area will be there.
Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:56 pm

ugh... First Leshoure and now Fairley.

Detroit Blunts.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:59 am

Lions are rough but they have their players and are looking really good

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:12 pm

San Diego Killers wrote:
Lions are rough but they have their players and are looking really good

if they aren't gonna be stoned or serving time that is.
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
ugh... First Leshoure and now Fairley.

Detroit Blunts.

Apparently weed sales are good in the state of Michigan ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:12 pm

Schwartz (or maybe Mayhew?) need to exert a lot more control on this team. Detroit has a lot of young talent but they act like spoiled kids and are going to squander their opportunities. Stomping on someone? smoking pot? what did you think was going to happen in the modern NFL?

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:20 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Schwartz (or maybe Mayhew?) need to exert a lot more control on this team. Detroit has a lot of young talent but they act like spoiled kids and are going to squander their opportunities. Stomping on someone? smoking pot? what did you think was going to happen in the modern NFL?

Remember the beginning of "THE LAST BOY SCOUT"

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:26 am

Absolutely and I really like Suh. I think he has a ton of talent and I honestly really appreciate the amount of heart he has and his competitive spirit. Just needs to get a handle on it...
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:31 pm

Draft recap from Bleacher Report:

Quote :
Draft Picks

Round 1: OT Riley Reiff (Iowa)

Round 2: WR Ryan Broyles (Oklahoma)

Round 3: CB Dwight Bentley (La.-Lafayette)

Round 4: DE Ronnell Lewis (Oklahoma)

Round 5: OLB Tahir Whitehead (Temple), CB Chris Greenwood (Albion)

Round 6: CB Jonte Green (New Mexico State)

Round 7: OLB Travis Lewis (Oklahoma)

Grade: A

Summary

The Detroit Lions do a good job staying true to their board, but this year they did so in a way that addresses their top five needs without straying from good value.

Reiff is a 12-year starter at tackle and will make Jeff Backus' age a non-factor moving forward. Ryan Broyles is a very good slot receiver who will draw safeties up in the box and off Calvin Johnson. Dwight Bentley may be a small-school guy, but he has great potential to jump up and be a starter.

Pick by pick, the Lions made great calls in every round.

If the Bengals were my favorite draft the Lions are probably number two. They got incredible value in the first round and I really liked them taking the chance on Broyles despite the injury. Kid has a ton of talent.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:40 pm

I agree they got value but I think they would have been better served with a DB in round 2 - they have enough weapons esp since Broyles prob doesn't help much in 2012 due to ACL

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:11 am

Quote :
Lions third-round CB Dwight Bentley is "clearly ahead" of fellow rookie CBs Chris Greenwood and Jonte Green at OTAs. Analysis: It's the way it's supposed to be, seeing as Bentley was the highest draft pick. "(Bentley) looks like a polished college player, much better than I anticipated," DC Gunther Cunningham conceded. Bentley is competing with Jacob Lacey for Lions nickel back duties. Chris Houston and Aaron Berry are starting.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:38 pm

Quote :
The NFL is expected to suspend Detroit Lions RB Mikel Leshoure two games for his two marijuana-related incidents this offseason. He is also expected to be fined two additional game checks as part of the punishment.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:44 pm

Quote :
The NFL is expected to suspend Detroit Lions RB Mikel Leshoure two games for his two marijuana-related incidents this offseason. He is also expected to be fined two additional game checks as part of the punishment.

good. The Lions need some suspensions. Shenanigans.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:36 pm

The suspension is official

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:43 pm

Quote :
Lions GM Martin Mayhew says he's been thrilled with Jahvid Best's performance during pre-training camp workouts.

Mayhew previously suggested Best, despite his concussion history, is poised for a "breakout" year. "I think Jahvid has been outstanding," Mayhew added. "His speed and quickness, he looks great." While Best undoubtedly remains an injury risk, his late sixth-round Average Draft Position is pretty enticing.

The Lions RB situation is a mess, but if some how Best could stay on the field this offense would be even that much more explosive. The problem is any type of hit to the head is going to sideline Best, hell the guy could get a concussion from using a Q-Tip

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:16 pm

Quote :
The Detroit Lions have another off-the-field problem on their roster. WXYZ’s Tom Leyden reports that cornerback Aaron Berry was arrested in the early hours of Saturday morning in his hometown of Harrisburg, PA for driving under the influence, causing damage to an unattended vehicle, and failure to give information to police.

Leyden reports that the vehicle driven by Berry struck other parked vehicles near the Hilton Harrisburg Hotel, after which Berry exited the vehicle and walked away from the scene. A witness followed Berry and informed police. Berry was arrested at 4:45 a.m., after which he refused to submit to a breathalyzer test and refused to cooperate with police when asked for personal information.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:53 pm

This is getting out of hand

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:22 pm

Quote :
(RotoWire) Avril will not sign a long-term contract with the Lions before the season and is unlikely to report to training camp on time, the Detroit Free Press reports.

Analysis: The Lions and Avril have been at odds for months about a long-term deal, and talks broke off prior to Monday's 4 p.m. deadline to reach an agreement. Avril is not required to report to camp until he signs until he signs a one-year contract worth $10.6 million, the salary given to defensive ends under the franchise tag. Veterans are set to report to Detroit's camp on July 26.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Quote :
Lions DT Corey Williams is facing a DWI charge stemming from an arrest last year. Analysis: The arrest was never reported by the media, so this incident just now became news for a Lions organization that certainly didn't need it after seven separate offseason arrests. Williams appeared in court on Wednesday. His attorney is arguing that Williams was "racially profiled." The judge said the case is "under advisement" and will be ruled upon within the week.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:19 pm

Quote :
Lions DT Corey Williams is facing a DWI charge stemming from an arrest last year. Analysis: The arrest was never reported by the media, so this incident just now became news for a Lions organization that certainly didn't need it after seven separate offseason arrests. Williams appeared in court on Wednesday. His attorney is arguing that Williams was "racially profiled." The judge said the case is "under advisement" and will be ruled upon within the week.

This one I actually believe. Hicksville Arkansas the video shows he never crossed the median, he clearly passed all the field sobriety tests and the cop gave him like 4 breathalizers Smells bad to me

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:45 pm

Quote :
Lions waived OT Johnny Culbreath. Analysis: Another of the Lions' offseason arrestees falls by the wayside. Last year's seventh-rounder, Culbreath was arrested in January for possession of marijuana. He missed his entire rookie season with a blood pressure issue.

I really like seeing the Lions cutting some of the dead weight and trouble-makers. They really need to set an example and send a warning to these nimrods.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:49 am

Quote :
Lions waived OT Johnny Culbreath. Analysis: Another of the Lions' offseason arrestees falls by the wayside. Last year's seventh-rounder, Culbreath was arrested in January for possession of marijuana. He missed his entire rookie season with a blood pressure issue.

I really like seeing the Lions cutting some of the dead weight and trouble-makers. They really need to set an example and send a warning to these nimrods.
I'm sure they had no issue with the marijuana arrest, they probably waived him because of his blood pressure issue.... Laughing

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:45 pm

Quote :
SI.com's Chris Burke backs up beat writer sentiment that WR Titus Young "continues to look like he's on the verge of a huge season."

Burke follows the Lions as closely as any team, so he has a good read on Young's progress. Coach Jim Schwartz calls Young "an important part" of the coaching staff's plans this season. Young is the favorite to finish second on team in receiving yards behind Calvin Johnson.

Some more praise for Young

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:00 pm

I'm not sure I see it - i think it just makes Burleson and Young both meh options as they split WR production...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:53 pm

Schwartz is a tool. Just cost his team 7 points.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:11 pm

I liked the call for a long field goal on 3rd down too. Guy is a fucking moron.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:32 am

Dumbest rule in the world - daylight robbery vote no

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:38 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:

Dumbest rule in the world - daylight robbery vote no

Agree about dumb rule but it is the rule and inexcusable for a coach not to know it. Especially since the Falcons got burned on it just last Sunday.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:38 am

Oh yeah, and only a tool like Schwartz would have the bad luck to actually cost him the game.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:30 pm

Oh yeah, and only a tool like Schwartz would have the bad luck to actually cost him the game.

Even if you team name wasn't SF ... I'd be able to tell you're a niners fan bitter about the handshake bowl Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:50 pm

Young, Broyles and Burleson are all on IR. Holy hell.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:58 pm

Huge disappointment.. defense is just awful

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:02 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:

Even if you team name wasn't SF ... I'd be able to tell you're a niners fan bitter about the handshake bowl Laughing

Oh yeah bitter. Laughing I loved it. Was really hoping that Schwartz got pummeled by one of the 49ers linemen. Sadly we won't get to pound Detroit for the next couple of years and by that time Schwartz will be gone.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:22 pm

For all you Lions fans

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:01 pm

Did you guys know this team went 4-12? Yikes, that is bad! Even the Dolphins phinished 7-9.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:51 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
Did you guys know this team went 4-12? Yikes, that is bad! Even the Dolphins phinished 7-9.

They suck. I wasn't completely aware of their record as I normally don't pay hardcore attention to that but I certainly felt like many people I knew were giving them way too much credit throughout the year. Quite a few overrated players on this team if you ask me.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Lions   

Back to top Go down

Detroit Lions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: