Houston Texans

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Houston Texans   Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:13 pm

New Mexico Mad Clowns wrote:
New Mexico Mad Clowns - Larry - Carlsbad NM - Texans

I don't think I have ever met another real live Texan Fan. Of course, they lost my interest last off-season. They just make too many mediocre moves and can never seem to grow a pair and make a real move. I just got tired of the mediocrity.

Their biggest problem right now: Not keeping any of their talent. Mario Williams, Eric Winston and Chris Myers vote no boo.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:19 pm

Eagles acquire LB Ryans from Texans for mid-round pick

Quote :
The Philadelphia Eagles have agreed with the Houston Texans on a trade for linebacker DeMeco Ryans, NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reported Tuesday.

Glazer reported that the Eagles will send the Texans a mid-round draft pick.

Ryans has been with the Texans for six seasons, making the Pro Bowl in 2007 and 2009.

Ryans has 636 tackles and 8.5 sacks in his career since being drafted in the second round of the 2006 NFL Draft.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:25 am

Probably not worth his $6m salary given how he is used in Wade's scheme

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:04 pm

Lost

1. Mario Williams
2. Eric Winston
3. Mike Brisiel
4. Jason Allen
5. DeMeco Ryans

Added

Uhhm scratch

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:38 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
Lost

1. Mario Williams
2. Eric Winston
3. Mike Brisiel
4. Jason Allen
5. DeMeco Ryans

Added

Uhhm scratch

Yeah I think they are gonna struggle to reproduce 2011 results...
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:50 pm

They finally climb the hill and win the division, make the playoffs, win a game even, then get ousted.

They follow up this by letting 4 or 5 key members walk. Bring in nothing so far in terms of F/A's. Are they pushing Miami for worst off season so far. I am really failing to see what the Texans are up to. Do they think because the Colts stripped their team to the nub, and that Jax is well Jax a team with zero offensive identity, that they only need to worry about Tennessee and a playoff spot is all but assured in the AFC South? Therefore, they can get by with whatever they have left. Weird plan, man. scratch

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:55 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Do they think because the Colts stripped their team to the nub, and that Jax is well Jax a team with zero offensive identity, that they only need to worry about Tennessee and a playoff spot is all but assured in the AFC South?
YES.
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:09 pm

Minnesota Destroyers wrote:
Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Do they think because the Colts stripped their team to the nub, and that Jax is well Jax a team with zero offensive identity, that they only need to worry about Tennessee and a playoff spot is all but assured in the AFC South?
YES.

That's what I would have answered too.
It's weak though. They are happy winning a soft division, making the playoffs, maybe getting a home game, and then kicked to the curb in round 2 basically. Don't know if this is coming from the owner or the GM. If it's the owner, well that is just sad. If it is the GM, then fire that skin flint and get some bodies in town before the market evaporates.
Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:37 pm

Texans only have $8.8M of capspace according to Jason La Canfora.
Not that much to work with. So getting rid of a 2 down LB and saving about $2.9M in cap space is worth it.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:59 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Texans only have $8.8M of capspace according to Jason La Canfora.
Not that much to work with. So getting rid of a 2 down LB and saving about $2.9M in cap space is worth it.

That is just piss poor management. There just isn't enough talent on that team to lose 4-5 of your best starters because you can't manage your cap. Goes back to Danta Robinson. Pay the man. They just don't want to pony up for elite players but they will toss 2-5 mill a year for a guy that may not even start.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Agree that Texans could have done better cap management... but I watched the 49ers implosion of the 2000s and this is nowhere near that bad. It's amazing how many NFL teams have trouble pricing talent.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:29 am

They let some players walk that they absolutely shouldn't have but I don't see it hurting the team a great deal. They still have a ton of weapons and great players. People have talked about the O-Line changes hurting Foster's value but I just don't see it. Guy is crazy talented and will continue to make big plays happen.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:34 pm

Draft recap from Bleacher Report:

Quote :
Draft Picks:

Round 1: OLB Whitney Mercilus (Illinois)

Round 2: None

Round 3: WR DeVier Posey (Ohio State), OG Brandon Brooks (Miami, OH)

Round 4: C Ben Jones (Georgia), WR Keshawn Martin (Michigan State), DE Jared Crick (Nebraska)

Round 5: K Randy Bullock (Texas A&M)

Round 6: OT Nick Mondek (Purdue)

Round 7: None

Grade: C+

Summary:

In 2011 the Texans' draft order seemed to be a bit backwards when they chose J.J. Watt over needs at outside linebacker and cornerback. It turns out they nailed it, so take my 2012 criticism with a grain of salt.

Outside linebacker in Round 1 is questionable as Connor Barwin and Brooks Reed were great in '11. Trading out of Round 2 made sense, but drafting the 343 pound Brandon Brooks for a zone blocking scheme doesn't make sense.

The saving grace came in Round 4—Ben Jones and Jared Crick will both be starters for a long time in the NFL.

Meh. Nothing to really say on this one.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:42 pm

Who are they planning to play at RT, anyone know?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Tue May 29, 2012 3:11 pm

Quote :
The Houston Texans, dangerously thin at wide receiver behind the injured Andre Johnson, will host free agent Mike Sims-Walker for a workout on Wednesday, according to ESPN.

Sims-Walker had 63 catches for 869 yards and seven touchdowns for the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2009, but his production slipped after that and he was released by the St. Louis Rams after four games last year.

Johnson, coming off three straight years with at least 1,200 receiving yards, missed most of last season with hamstring injuries. Johnson had arthroscopic knee surgery recently, but is expected to be ready for the beginning of the season. The Texans let previous No. 2 receiver Jacoby Jones depart for the Baltimore Ravens this offseason.

Meh. The ground game is just too good in Houston for me to get excited about any receiver. Not a big Schaub believer.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Tue May 29, 2012 7:49 pm

I think Houston is gonna slide this year...Kubiak is an idiot to boot. IMO, this team had its shot but squandered it and didn't do enough to keep things rolling.

Their division may mask it for a while but only for a while...

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Wed May 30, 2012 7:37 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I think Houston is gonna slide this year...Kubiak is an idiot to boot. IMO, this team had its shot but squandered it and didn't do enough to keep things rolling.

Totally agree here. Colts will be 2-3 years, Titans about the same, unless CJ2K can get back to form, but I am not a huge Locker fan, Jax is 2-3 away too, depending on a WHOLE lot of circumstances. Texans will win the Division this year, but feel they are done after that.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Wed May 30, 2012 9:20 am

Decatur Demons wrote:

Totally agree here. Colts will be 2-3 years, Titans about the same, unless CJ2K can get back to form, but I am not a huge Locker fan, Jax is 2-3 away too, depending on a WHOLE lot of circumstances. Texans will win the Division this year, but feel they are done after that.

I think the Titans and the Colts will surprise people.....

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Wed May 30, 2012 9:58 am

Omega City Legends wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:

I think the Titans and the Colts will surprise people.....

Vince, you will be right, but neither will compete for the title this year.....I don't think, but they will both win some games, the Texans days are numbered.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Wed May 30, 2012 11:15 am

Omega City Legends wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:

I think the Titans and the Colts COULD surprise people.....

I fixed that ^

I am sure one of them will shit the bed. I could see Houston spewing all over themselves and Tennessee winning the division.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Wed May 30, 2012 12:15 pm

I like the Titans offense this year, but the Texans Defense is hard to argue against. If Schaub plays all 16 games it will be hard for the Texans to win less then 10 games

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:58 am

The only player on the Texans offense that excites me is Foster. The rest are meh.

Yes even AJ

Quote :
The Texans may still be interested in WR Mike Sims-Walker and RB Derrick Ward. Analysis: Sims-Walker was in for a workout on May 30, but was not signed. The team is looking for veteran depth behind Andre Johnson and Kevin Walter. Ward is looking for a better opportunity, but may have to settle on a return to Houston on the cheap. That, of course, assumes the team is interested after signing Justin Forsett last week.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:22 pm

texans

Quote :
Texans | Gary Kubiak, Rich Smith receive extensions Thu Jun 14, 11:52 AM

The Houston Texans have agreed to contract extensions for both general manager Rick Smith and head coach Gary Kubiak, according to a person familiar with the negotiations. Terms of the deals were not disclosed. A formal announcement is expected Thursday, June 14.

I wouldn't have done that.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:32 pm

Quote :
Houston Texans QB Matt Schaub, who is entering the final year of his contract, said he didn't know whether his agent was involved in long-term talks with the team. Injuries could be a factor in any potential negotiations as Schaub has missed 16 games in five seasons with the team.

NOT a franchise QB. Just my opinion.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:16 am

Quote :
ESPN Scouts Inc.'s Matt Williamson believes Texans OLB Connor Barwin will become a household name this season.

Barwin started all 16 games at outside linebacker in Wade Phillips' 3-4 a year ago, compiling 11.5 sacks. All but two of those sacks came after Mario Williams was lost for the season in Week 5. Even with Williams now in Buffalo, Barwin has major upside as a pass rusher. He's also in a contract year.

Houston's defense is incredible, it will be interesting to see who steps into Mario's shoes going forward

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:05 pm

Quote :
Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said the team will continue to split carries between RBs Arian Foster and Ben Tate similarly to how they did in the Week 1 victory over the San Diego Chargers. "I wish it would have come out a little more closer to even; I think I said that after the game," Kubiak said of their split Monday night in San Diego. "Obviously, it was Arian's first time out this year. He didn't play any in the preseason. I think Ben's had an excellent preseason. I want to keep it somewhat close
Good times!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:21 am

What do the Texans do with Schaub? pick-6 machine.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:41 am

What is wrong in Houston? Is it Schaub? Some of it. Is it the fans? Maybe, they have no class, that's for sure. Is it the D? Think they are a part of it.

This team was picked to go to the Super Bowl by a lot of people. They are really starting to look like a sub .500 team. Don't get me wrong, makes me happy as a Colts fan to watch them just keep sliding back, but, really don't think they are this bad.

They are now in 3rd place in the South and could very easily be 3 games back after tonight.

Kubiak won't be there next year at this rate and I'm beginning to think he might be the biggest problem. I think he has lost the team and that is never good.

I wonder what the over/under is on him finishing the season at Houston.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:35 am

Agree that Houston should clean house. Kubiak might be better as an OC than a HC.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:40 am

Apparently Vince Young was tweeting during that game that he is in shape and ready to come in! Just saying... But if Schaub is out, Yates certainly isn't the answer... could be interesting to see if the Texans take a definite step away from Schaub as their QB...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:07 pm

Kubiak sucks. After that, not sure what else is the problem.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:03 pm

So, it's been over a month since we talked about them.

In that time, they very well may ave garnered the #1 overall pick in the Draft. I'm not sure what the tie-breakers are, since there are 3 2-9 teams. I know since JAX beat them, I believe they are ahead of them. MIN has a tie, so they are behind them, it's between them and the Falcons now.

So, we can kind of give the Falcons a break for their season, losing both of your premier WR's can just devastate you, add in that SJax was out a while, OK, they get a pass.

What about Houston?

Considered by many a Super Bowl contender going into the season, what the hell happened?

Yes, Foster has been gimpy, then out, but that just doesn't say it all.

This Top 3 Defense just isn't. They have played very poorly. Yes, they have a couple of injuries, Cushing had to hurt, but, still......

I think they will clean house. I heard a couple of commentators talking about Wade taking the Head job next year. Don't see it, he is part of the problem. I think the entire coaching staff goes, along with Schaub.

Teddy Bridgewater may just end up here. If so, and Foster can play a couple more solid years, they have the weapons, with the right Coach, to turn this around quick. AJ is under contract until 2017, but, he is 32 now. Will they hold onto him, or, dump him and rebuild? Not sure at this point,. but my money says they will keep him to help the Rookie QB they WILL bring in.

They better hope they can fix this, or else, they may be the LA Texans, which just doesn't even sound right...................

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:00 pm

Coaching staff and Schaub have to go. Kubiak sucks and if they still don't see it they are fucked. Wade Phillips...ugh. Schaub = Matt Cassell.

If they can hang on to most of the rest, add a QB and solid coaching this team could be right back in the thick of things IMO.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:14 am

I think they (Kubiak and Schaub) are already gone. They're haunting the rest of this dead season, then it's Bridgewater time.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:26 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:
I think they (Kubiak and Schaub) are already gone. They're haunting the rest of this dead season, then it's Bridgewater time.
Count down to Schaub in Minnesota...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:08 am

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:

Ughh, I hope not... Schaub in Minnesota would just be another step backwards for the Vikings that haven't gotten it right at the QB position in a very, very long time...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:48 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Adelaide Empire wrote:

Ughh,  I hope not...   Schaub in Minnesota would just be another step backwards for the Vikings that haven't gotten it right at the QB position in a very,  very long time...
They love collecting other team's old QB's though! Maybe they'll sign Sanchez too!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:57 am

Collecting other teams old QB's is part of their problem, the other part is drafting a guy like Ponder!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:58 am

Back to the Texans, they put up a valiant fight yesterday but they still have the inside track to the #1 overall pick it would seem...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:15 pm

They love collecting other team's old QB's though!  Maybe they'll sign Sanchez too!  
Sanchez is too young. Although he does play like an old man.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:46 pm

Well Kubiak is gone- I wonder who will be next

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:48 pm

I'm guessing they go with Lovie??

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:01 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
I'm guessing they go with Lovie??
They might go Lovie with his Texas roots and all. I don't think that will end up well. Firstly, Lovie is a cover 2 guy and the Texans are currently built as a 3-4 D. So they'll need to revamp the whole D philosophy. Secondly, is Lovie really that good as a head coach? If your goal is mediocrity, then he's your guy. If your goal is Superbowl, move on to the next candidate.

2cents 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:01 pm

Ugh I hope not. I hate passionless coaches that sit there and look like a fucking lump on a log.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:42 pm

Appearing on NFL Insiders Friday, ESPN's Chris Mortensen floated current Redskins coach Mike Shanahan as a possible candidate for the Texans' head-coaching vacancy.

This is all just speculation because Shanahan remains under contract with the Redskins and the Texans' coaching search hasn't even begun yet, but Mort isn't the first NFL Insider to connect Shanahan to Houston. CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora and ESPN's John Clayton have similarly done so. Owner Bob McNair made it clear Friday that he intends to hire a coach with NFL head-coaching experience. Shanahan fits that bill and would also allow for a smooth transition on offense. Shanahan's philosophy is very similar to ex-coach Gary Kubiak's.

Errrr....? doh 

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:03 pm

Shanahan isn't much of an improvement if you ask me...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:37 pm

I heard Gruden.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:39 pm

I heard Gruden.
Chucky or Chucky's brother?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:48 pm

Chucky himself. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/06/espn-report-names-espns-jon-gruden-as-a-possible-texans-coach/
Well now, that could be interesting... I always like Chucky as a coach! Best part is it would get him off MFL, he is almost unbearable as an NFL commentator!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Houston Texans   

Back to top Go down

Houston Texans
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: