:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Randy Gregory DE DAL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Sat May 02, 2015 6:50 am

Picked by the Dallas.  If he stays out of trouble and the suspended Def player of 10 games this year joins the team they are going to be much improved on Def.   Come on Sean Lee play all year!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Sat May 02, 2015 8:00 am

Laughing

Sean Lee play all year?

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Sat May 02, 2015 8:08 am

This could work out well for him.

vote yes

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Sat May 16, 2015 3:02 pm

The Cowboys must have one hell of a security and babysitter bill. Seems like every player on roster has to have one of each follow them around everywhere they go.......

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Thu May 21, 2015 7:07 am

It's a cheap bill to keep players on the field. I'm actually surprised that teams don't do this much more actively.

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Thu May 21, 2015 11:59 am

Well it hasn't stopped any of these players from getting in trouble so they either need more people following them or they need to stop drafting and signing these type players.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Thu May 21, 2015 12:42 pm

Winsted Psychos wrote:
Well it hasn't stopped any of these players from getting in trouble so they either need more people following them or they need to stop drafting and signing these type players.
It looked like it worked for Dez. He's still had is issues but has managed to stay on the field. Most players don't want this kind of intrusion into their lives (or they can't suppress the "Nothing bad will ever happen to me" syndrome).

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Thu May 21, 2015 1:50 pm

well I'm sure if it wasn't tied to his contract and money he would pitch a fit..... Its worked to a degree cause he's had no choice....

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Fri May 22, 2015 8:11 pm

We hope he stays on the field since he is a member of the Growlers too

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Fri May 22, 2015 10:47 pm

Kingdom City Growlers 1 wrote:
We hope he stays on the field since he is a member of the Growlers too

Twisty is right there with you!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Sun May 24, 2015 10:06 am

I don't have any player with character issue's on my roster.... ass kicking jail

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:20 pm

early reports are 4-6 weeks for ankle

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:01 am

Gregory is a good darn player from what I saw

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:12 am

Yea. He could get real good. Injury is gonna hurt his development though. Hope he doesn't do anything dumb off the field during rehab.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:25 pm

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports suspended Cowboys RE Randy Gregory has again violated the league's substance-abuse policy, and is facing a longer suspension.

ESPN's Ed Werder reported earlier Tuesday that Gregory was headed to drug treatment instead of Cowboys camp. Now we know why. It's a sadly unsurprising development for a player who entered the league with lots of questions about his off-the-field habits. It's probably best assumed that he won't see the field in 2016, which is devastating news for the Cowboys' wafer-thin front seven. Owner Jerry Jones could be getting awful tempted to give free agent Greg Hardy a call.

doh

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:38 pm

Idiot.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:49 pm

What is it with these clowns? Stupid!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:09 pm

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Cowboys RE Randy Gregory's new suspension is for 10 games "at least," and that there's concern he "may not play again."

It's unclear if that's 10 games on top of Gregory's current four-game ban, or 10 games overall. Gregory's substance-abuse struggles were known before he was even drafted, so it's fair to wonder if he's headed down a Manziel-ian path. The Cowboys shouldn't be counting on any snaps from Gregory this season.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:37 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Idiot.

X2

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:56 pm

"headed down a Manziel-ian path"... laughing

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:01 pm

I remember seeing something about him when he came out.  IIRC the issue was really based in mental health and there were questions as to whether he could play the game.  If that's the case, then the drug violations may be a symptom of a much larger issue, as opposed to being the issue itself.  I hope that he seeks treatment and gets everything addressed but I don't think that he'll be around the NFL much longer.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:36 pm

Cowboys take way too many fliers on these guys. I kind of expected Manziel to end up in Dallas if he sorted himself out too, but i don't think he will ever play NFL again now.
It was well known to all teams Gregory had these issues. What an opportunity he is throwing away!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:57 pm

As others have noted, his issues were out there and were well known red flags when he was drafted. I remember moving him way down my list and therefore not getting him in any of my drafts... Last year I was starting to have a little bit a regret after seeing him produce and then the 4 game suspension put me at ease again, and now this latest news just makes me really happy that I avoided him everywhere...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:47 am

Reduced to 4 games on appeal.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:47 pm

Huh? What's going on at the NFL League office...or is it poor reporting? Either way... lol3

Quote :
Updating an earlier report, Cowboys DE Randy Gregory's suspension appeal is still pending.
It was reported Sunday morning that Gregory's 10-game ban had been slashed to four but now that appears to be in question. Nobody seems to be sure of what's going on as NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported that Gregory's four-game suspension became official on Saturday but noted that his appeal hadn't been heard yet. We can safely assume that Gregory will be unavailable for Weeks 1-4. Anything after that is up in the air.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:47 am

Some people are just smarter than others.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports suspended Cowboys DE Randy Gregory has failed yet another drug test.
Quote :
Gregory was eligible to return from his 14-game suspension next month, but that looks to now be on hold. Per RapSheet, Gregory is now facing a yearlong suspension. Gregory is looking mighty unlikely to ever get his life in order, thus making him highly unlikely to ever make an impact in the NFL.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:40 pm

The NFL is going to permit marijuana soon enough...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:04 pm

NFL suspended Cowboys DE Randy Gregory at least one year for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

Gregory's return lasted all of two games. Before he's accepted back in the league, he'll have to apply for reinstatement. Gregory has battled substance abuse issues since his college days at Nebraska. This is already his third suspension since entering the league in 2015. Gregory has proven to be a solid pass-rusher when he's not suspended, but his continual disregard for the league's drug policy could cost him his career.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:47 am

TMZ: Randy Gregory failed another drug test

Gregory is currently serving a suspension of at least one year for a previous failed test. TMZ Sports reports Gregory has "blown off" NFL officials since being notified of the failed test in March, and "people connected to Gregory" believe his NFL career might be over. If he did actually fail another test, his friends are likely correct. A second-round pick in 2015, Gregory has played in just 14 games in two seasons including just two last year because of injury and suspension

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:20 pm

Hey Matt - - - would you be interested in him for a 2nd round pick?

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:20 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
TMZ: Randy Gregory failed another drug test

Gregory is currently serving a suspension of at least one year for a previous failed test. TMZ Sports reports Gregory has "blown off" NFL officials since being notified of the failed test in March, and "people connected to Gregory" believe his NFL career might be over. If he did actually fail another test, his friends are likely correct. A second-round pick in 2015, Gregory has played in just 14 games in two seasons including just two last year because of injury and suspension

doh

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:36 am

Idiot, just an idiot. But we all knew that, except for the Cowboys.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:00 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Idiot, just an idiot. But we all knew that, except for the Cowboys.

The sad thing is I think they knew he's an idiot. They still took him like they could fix him.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Mon May 01, 2017 6:49 am

Operating under the assumption this is marijuana, then this guy is in fact an idiot. If it is something actually physically addicting, he is probably in for a long life of difficulty until he decides he wants to stop. Jerry Jones is apparently "skeptical" that he failed another drug test, for what that is worth.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   Tue May 02, 2017 11:27 am

People can get addicted to anything, even if there is no physical dependency. That said with the amount of money he has he could get some help. There's no excuse for this.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Randy Gregory DE DAL   

Back to top Go down

Randy Gregory DE DAL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: